Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

DupaDupa posted:

Also here are some fun Panthers facts:

Cam doesn't deserve this.

There better be some big drat moves in the making for WRs. The hell panthers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
That's my B folks, but he is in meetings right now and expected to sign.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Demariyus or however you spell it Thomas and Von Miller are both free agents after this season, right?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

quote:

QB Josh McCown's 2yr deal in TB worth $10M with another $1M available in playtime incentives and a $3M bonus for making the playoffs. Strong

Jesus Christ Josh McCown got loving paid.

I'm happy for him.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sweeney Tom posted:

Demariyus or however you spell it Thomas and Von Miller are both free agents after this season, right?

I'm pretty sure Peyton would chop off whatever he needs to from his pay to make sure Thomas goes nowhere.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Menamino posted:

That's a better contract than what I was expecting.

Losing Joseph kinda sucks but on the whole I'm liking the Giants off-season so far.

Yeah, Giants beat writers are claiming we got him for a steal. I'm pretty pumped. Has the Rashad Jennings contract come out yet? I wonder if him signing and Hillis re-signing means Andre Brown is out.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Waroduce posted:

We have lovely lbs, no #2 corner, 3 holes on the o-line and could use some help at WR.

On what planet do we need help at receiver

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

John Brown posted:

Why is everyone so down on Glennon? He's a rookie who threw for 19TDs and 9INTs.

Yea the TD/INT ratio isn't everything but that's loving impressive for a rookie.

I don't think anyone is down on him. I think it's just more that he had some sketchy play near the end of the year and VJax bailed him out a lot. But that was also under Schiano so who knows.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Yeah, Giants beat writers are claiming we got him for a steal. I'm pretty pumped. Has the Rashad Jennings contract come out yet? I wonder if him signing and Hillis re-signing means Andre Brown is out.

Brown's out and visiting the Raiders

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

AAA DOLFAN posted:

On what planet do we need help at receiver

If you stack enough of them on top of each other they can fill in at OT

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
CB Tillman, OT Collins, WR Ted Ginn, LB Dane Fletcher and C Evan Dietrich-Smith are all visiting the Bucs now.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I support the McCown signing. As a guy who actually watched every Glennon snap last year I can tell you he sucks. He doesn't turn it over a lot but that's about it.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

wandler20 posted:

I support the McCown signing. As a guy who actually watched every Glennon snap last year I can tell you he sucks. He doesn't turn it over a lot but that's about it.

As a Jets fan, I would consider any QB that doesn't turn the ball over a lot the second coming of Johnny Unitas.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Serisothikos posted:

Hey, at least it's not Brandon Tate.
I can't even bring myself to be upset at this.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Ozu posted:

Glennon Time is over.

@AdamSchefter
Bucs gave former Bears QB Josh McCown a two-year deal worth $10 million -- $4.75M this year $5.25M next year, per sources.

That's a really fair deal for McCown to do McCown things.

Ten-bell salute for the Seahawks career of Special Teams White Guy #1 Chris Maragos. Heath Farwell will miss you. Enjoy Philly.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Something is really bothering me about the fact that Rich Cimini hasn't tweeted for 6 hours.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

How much Josh McCown have you watched, especially prior to last year?

Bucs are obviously in win now mode, but that signing seems like Matt Flynn 2.0 to me and on top of that stunts any kind of growth Glennon could have had going into his second season for a guy who won't be in the league in 3 years.

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006
Really happy the Bears got out early and agressive to secure the coveted MD Jennings signature. He wasn't going to last sitting in the open market with stats like that. I hope it's just a precautionary move to secure that there are some really lovely safeties for them to cut to make up for last year.

Also lol at the "good to have some competition for Conte" sentiment. They must really be doing their job with player evaluation if they can find someone bad enough to actually compete with the Bears safeties.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I think you guys are greatly underestimating how hard is to for a rookie to come in and play like he did - even with V-Jax.

I'd say he deserves another year to start and prove he can be the QB of the future. If the Bucs are considering bailing on him already then they're making a big mistake. Though he's only played for one year, Glennon is already more proven than any QB coming out in this year's and next year's draft.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah clearly in win now mode as they discuss trading or releasing their stud cb

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Rap posted:

It's not easy to believe that Whitner was worse than Ward in coverage last year

He wasn't. Whitner was terrible in coverage in 2012 but decent in 2011 and quite good last season. He's no Jarius Byrd or anything and for some reason he kept loving up in the playoffs, but in totality he was solid in that regard on the Niners. I'm not sure where Barnwell is drawing these conclusions from.

Coldforge posted:

So as I thought, Bethea's basically on a 1 or 2 year deal to help groom a drafted safety.

If that figure is accurate then I am all the way down with that signing. Hopefully he does better in coverage with more talent around him than he had in Indy, but if not they can move on from him without too much trouble.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Something is really bothering me about the fact that Rich Cimini hasn't Tweeted for 6 hours.

He tweeted 5 minutes ago

Also this is from Eric Decker's wife, take it for what it's worth

Jessie James Decker ‏@TheJessicaJames
So proud of my hubby... I support him 100 percent... Holding this baby in til he returns! Ha

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

wandler20 posted:

Hey it sounds like Glennon is McCown Jr. Only in Tampa he doesn't have Alshon Jeffery, Martellus Bennett, and Brandon Marshall to throw jump balls to. Or Checkdowns to Matt Forte.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shath Hole posted:

How much Josh McCown have you watched, especially prior to last year?

Bucs are obviously in win now mode, but that signing seems like Matt Flynn 2.0 to me and on top of that stunts any kind of growth Glennon could have had going into his second season for a guy who won't be in the league in 3 years.

Not a lot because he hasn't exactly started much. Glennon has no future as a starter. I'm assuming McCown is there to groom whoever the Bucs draft at #7.

Dexo posted:

Hey it sounds like Glennon is McCown Jr. Only in Tampa he doesn't have Alshon Jeffery, Martellus Bennett, and Brandon Marshall to throw jump balls to. Or Checkdowns to Matt Forte.

Lucky for McCown Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams are both really good at jump balls. VJax made Glennon look ok last year.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Yeah clearly in win now mode as they discuss trading or releasing their stud cb*

*who is completely wasted in their defensive scheme and who costs nothing to get rid of

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Yeah clearly in win now mode as they discuss trading or releasing their stud cb

They need to make more room to sign more free agents, duh.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

John Brown posted:

I think you guys are greatly underestimating how hard is to for a rookie to come in and play like he did - even with V-Jax.

I'd say he deserves another year to start and prove he can be the QB of the future. If the Bucs are considering bailing on him already then they're making a big mistake. Though he's only played for one year, Glennon is already more proven than any QB coming out in this year's and next year's draft.

I don't think Lovie gives a poo poo about keeping Schiano Men around.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Vertical Lime posted:

He tweeted 5 minutes ago

Also this is from Eric Decker's wife, take it for what it's worth

Jessie James Decker ‏@TheJessicaJames
So proud of my hubby... I support him 100 percent... Holding this baby in til he returns! Ha

Well before that he hadn't tweeted for six hours!

Anyways Rich Cimini is garbage and he sucks and is bad, <:mad:>

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shath Hole posted:

on top of that stunts any kind of growth Glennon

Oh God that neck is just going to get longer isn't it?

I'm not sure how far they are into win now mode, it seems more like a compete now because the new staff doesn't believe in Glennon which doesn't seem completely unreasonable to me.

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Detroit_Dogg posted:

gently caress this dumb team

Mike Valenti ‏@MikeValenti971 1m
Per Former NFL Agent Joel Correy on cbssports Tate will get 5yr $35M, 17.5M guaranteed, $22.5M first 3yr. Dear god.

Now I'm seeing reports that Tate walked away from a 5 yr, $35M contract offer from the Seahawks.

Listen, Golden Tate is a much better receiver than this board gives him credit for. He's not a true #1 because he lacks the top end speed, but aside from that he's a top notch receiver and a way above average #2. I don't want the Seahawks to lose him, but even I would peg his value at $5M per year tops.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Revis drama aside I am pretty impressed by the moves the Bucs have been making so far. That OL will be pretty shaky if they don't focus on it during the draft but everything else makes them look like a contender.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Please Jets overpay Decker for being a system wideout so the Colts won't

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

uno.mannschaft posted:

Really happy the Bears got out early and agressive to secure the coveted MD Jennings signature. He wasn't going to last sitting in the open market with stats like that. I hope it's just a precautionary move to secure that there are some really lovely safeties for them to cut to make up for last year.

Also lol at the "good to have some competition for Conte" sentiment. They must really be doing their job with player evaluation if they can find someone bad enough to actually compete with the Bears safeties.

Oh god. A One year deal with a low dollar amount deal is truly the end of the world.

It is truly the end times. Jettison everyone into the sun.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
James Jones is pretty good so Jets fans in particular should be happy to get him. He had trouble one year with over the shoulder catches but it really hasn't been a problem since. Dude has made some ridiculous catches. For what he will cost any team should be happy.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Not a lot because he hasn't exactly started much. Glennon has no future as a starter. I'm assuming McCown is there to groom whoever the Bucs draft at #7.

If you think a career backup is there to groom your next Franchise QB than I just don't know :stare:

It took Marc Trestman to come in, with weapons all over the field at WR, RB and TE, for McCown to put up a good numbers after 8 years in the league (2012 he wasn't even on an NFL roster). This move makes no sense to me other than it being a Lovie move.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Boba Phat posted:

Now I'm seeing reports that Tate walked away from a 5 yr, $35M contract offer from the Seahawks.

Listen, Golden Tate is a much better receiver than this board gives him credit for. He's not a true #1 because he lacks the top end speed, but aside from that he's a top notch receiver and a way above average #2. I don't want the Seahawks to lose him, but even I would peg his value at $5M per year tops.

He was a very good college WR that was a fringe first rounder. I think any hate towards him is due to his character and celebrations because on the field he acts like a much better receiver than he is.

Granted I think he deserved a payday and would be an upgrade on many teams. I think 5m a year would be solid and top end for him. That extra cash is going to cost the Lions another decent starter, which isn't worth it. What it does do is free them up with their #12 pick.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Miles Austin was just released

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Hand Row posted:

James Jones is pretty good so Jets fans in particular should be happy to get him. He had trouble one year with over the shoulder catches but it really hasn't been a problem since. Dude has made some ridiculous catches. For what he will cost any team should be happy.

I suppose he'd basically be a #3 behind Kerley, in which case I wouldn't mind signing him at the right cost.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Nail Rat posted:

Please Jets overpay Decker for being a system wideout so the Colts won't

Yeah, this is pretty much what I'm hoping for too. Would much rather get Nicks on a one-year deal and/or draft somebody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
If Tate wants $7 mil a year he can go. I'd much, much prefer to have Baldwin to a long-term deal as the permanent #2 guy anyway.

Or sign Steve Smith to a reasonable deal so he can go ring-chasing.

• Locked thread