Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

This is like one of those fantasy pub battles that you end up getting slightly too worked up over, like who would win in a fight between godzilla and superman, only nobody who would suggest this battle would ever do anything in a pub other than sit nervously alone in the corner and grope homely women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funking Giblet
Jun 28, 2004

Jiglightful!

The Almighty ~ posted:

I was about to say the same goddamn thing. poo poo.

Happens in most threads BeastUK posts in.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Funking Giblet posted:

Happens in most threads BeastUK posts in.

drat BeastUK taking up over a page of this thread with his own posts. :argh:

tamphex
Jun 21, 2003
Absolutely nothing will come of this and you'd have to be a halfwit to think otherwise.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

tamphex posted:

Absolutely nothing will come of this and you'd have to be a halfwit to think otherwise.
WOW THANKS :rolleyes: Just vote 1 or blow your brains out. It's your choice.

It's already showing up on major news sources.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

tamphex posted:

Yeah there'll be no major news coverage after only a few days of being ac... oh wait.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tamphex posted:

Thanks for the contribution. And international news coverage, yeah, that's absolutely nothing!

:downsbravo:

e:f;b

Adrojo
Jan 14, 2008
Curse you, Adrojo!

tamphex posted:

If it prevents someone from joining Scientology, thats all the closure I need.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
I'm surprised that foxnews decided to give this a pretty balanced spin.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006

tamphex posted:

The world needs more of you to inspire change.

Doug
Feb 27, 2006

This station is
non-operational.

tamphex posted:

Absolutely nothing, huh? I think with the major media coverage something is already coming of this. People are taking notice and that's the first step.

Edit: So we all had the same thought.

mrfancycrackers
Nov 17, 2007

by Ozma
I emailed Noam Chomsky about this, because I thought it was a unique way for a popular movement to work in the real world, which is what a lot of his politics revolves around. Amazingly, he replied:

Noam Chomsky posted:

Hadn't heard about it. I'm all in favor of exposure, but closing of websites and so on is dubious and dangerous, in my opinion. Just imagine what will happen if the tactic is taken up by those with real power.

While I don't know if he has quite a grasp on the technology of this (I gave him a brief overview of the tactics of anon), it is interesting. He has a point on closing websites- does this actually accomplish anything? Despite the free speech issue, it could be questionable from a tactical standpoint, as people pointed out, most Scientologists aren't allowed to have the internet

iamyourgoldfish
Jan 11, 2005

tamphex posted:

Wait a minute, guys. Hold up. Did someone remember to get tamphex's approval before we started this?

What do you mean you forgot?

Oh gently caress it's over abort abort

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

burmart posted:

Becuase I really don't believe that the CoS would kill people, but I do believe that 4channers would get so stupidly worked up that they would vandalize property for no really good reasons.

Then you're a fool.

Go educate yourself on the many links provided in this thread.

Jack Does Jihad
Jun 18, 2003

Yeah, this is just right. Has a nice feel, too.

mrfancycrackers posted:

He has a point on closing websites- does this actually accomplish anything?

It got us and a lot of other people interested and talking about it. It's not an effective longterm plan and they've appropriately dropped it.

But yeah, he doesn't have too good of a grasp on the internet.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

InvisibleMonkey posted:

Well, poo poo, I thought he blew up the thetans. I've got my science fiction religion texts all mixed up. What would be a better text?
Xenu DOES want you to know the truth? v:shobon:v

Great picture though.

tamphex posted:

Even if it does absolutely nothing on a long term basis, they're still loving with the Church of Scientology and getting noticed for it. Why object to that?

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

If anyone wants more flier material I got bored while dealing with food poisoning. Prints out nice in grayscale

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

tamphex posted:

Says the clear?

GestureSignalThreat
Jun 27, 2007

Your effigy dissolves in my hands

Captain Morose posted:

I'm kind of surprised Anon's not working the "save the children" angle.

"CoS kidnapped Maddie!"

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

So both the dates of 2/10 and 2/15 are correct, as I had thought. They are dates for two different events. You can use whichever date that correlates with the event that you'll be attending. (However as far as I know, the 2/15 is not 100% concrete yet.)

If anyone can get actual quotes from the leaked book on how to raise kids, "the scientology way" that would be choice.

tamphex
Jun 21, 2003
Showing up on major new sources?! Did you hear that? Thats the sound of a million people replacing the paper in their budgie cages with the riveting story of anonymous basement dwellers vs an established chur..business.

I dislike CoS as much as the next person, but I'm not jumping on the back of this trainwreck. Do you honestly think because something hits the broadsheets that its really going to make a difference? Do you think Orgs are packing up their poo poo and heading to the bunker underneath David Miscavige's homestead?

This may appear to be stirring up a wasp nest, but when you step back and take a look you'll realize its just another slow news week and it'll blow over the moment those bored kids have their attention grabbed by the next cool thing to do with Daddy's bandwidth.

Edit: Oh thats rich, someone voices an opinion which differs from the rest of the crowd and it instantly branded a believer in the bullshit factory of the CoS. You've got to be kidding me.

tamphex fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 25, 2008

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Megaspel posted:

Then you're a fool.

Go educate yourself on the many links provided in this thread.

Funny, there are links with hard proof that Scientology will kill people who disagree with it? All I see is speculation and hearsay.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Apology posted:

Nobody is really "in charge" of Anonymous and there is no way to reach every person who is acting in the name of Anonymous.

I certainly understand this, but it took a hell of a lot of effort by Anon to take down .org, and I would imagine a pretty large chunk have broken off DDoSing. It may be a leaderless mass, but many of them must be following the guidelines. You'd think .org would be back up by now.

BeastUK
Jul 18, 2006

by angerbot

Bonk posted:

Xenu DOES want you to know the truth? v:shobon:v

Errrrr... no. The whole reason people latch onto the Xenu story is because it's the most appallingly transparent piece of fiction. It's more like 'Scientology doesn't want you to know that all your thousands of dollars will get you is bad science fiction'.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.

Satyricon posted:

Unless, of course, people are arrested at these rallies if the Churches (I use that term loosely) call them is as "terrorist threats".
In Austin, back in like 2000 or 2001, some woman with Scientology (Cathy something), supposedly tried to get the police to go after some people snooping around the Texas Scientology HQ (I think they were taking pictures of it or watching it or picketing it or something). They were UT students I believe. It's been so long, I don't remember the details.

That said, I had a friend several years ago who was hanging out around there (before they closed the arcade next door), and he had scientologists take his picture.

So basically, at least in Austin, if anybody protests anything, expect to get your picture taken at the very least. That said, my friend looked into it, and apparently Austin PD will be more than happy to take your complaints about them if they harass you, and they will act upon it if they go to far.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

mrfancycrackers posted:

I emailed Noam Chomsky about this, because I thought it was a unique way for a popular movement to work in the real world, which is what a lot of his politics revolves around. Amazingly, he replied:

While I don't know if he has quite a grasp on the technology of this (I gave him a brief overview of the tactics of anon), it is interesting. He has a point on closing websites- does this actually accomplish anything? Despite the free speech issue, it could be questionable from a tactical standpoint, as people pointed out, most Scientologists aren't allowed to have the internet

It's about getting attention. It's hard to get your message out unless people are watching you, dig? There's no way they'd be getting as many mentions in the media if they hadn't started with the DDoS attacks.

Doug
Feb 27, 2006

This station is
non-operational.
Oh wow, I just tried calling my local scientology office, no answer and their voice mail is full...please let this be the result of the anon and not just lazy workers!

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

BeastUK posted:

It's more like 'Scientology doesn't want you to know that all your thousands of dollars will get you is bad science fiction'.

Well let's hope Brian Herbert doesn't start his own religion along the same lines then.

spooky wizard
May 8, 2007

Doug posted:

Oh wow, I just tried calling my local scientology office, no answer and their voice mail is full...please let this be the result of the anon and not just lazy workers!

I can't think of any other reason their voicemail would be full.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
I know it's been said, but it needs reiterated. We need to hit the scientologists in their wallets.

Here is a list of scientologists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scientologists

As anonymous (as well as SA) is mostly made up of middle class young males, we are Hollywood's target audience. If we refuse to watch movies or television shows made by scientologists, and express our reasons for doing so, businesses will start backing away from the crazy kooks. As well as not watching them, we must not buy their DVDs, posters, tshirts, or any other associated merchandise. If you really must watch the movie - steal it from the internet :)

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

BeastUK posted:

Errrrr... no. The whole reason people latch onto the Xenu story is because it's the most appallingly transparent piece of fiction. It's more like 'Scientology doesn't want you to know that all your thousands of dollars will get you is bad science fiction'.
That's not it...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.

Doug posted:

It's gotta be Anonymous. You think those people, when they aren't under siege, aren't constantly checking the messages in hopes of pulling in another zombie?

Ferr
Sep 27, 2002

Serious Business Orc
College Slice
Here are some flyer design Anonymous came up with:

Some of the wordier ones might make good chain emails if anyone is still working on that.

Phrost
Aug 21, 2004

Your martial art sucks
For what it's worth, we put up some front page news on https://www.bullshido.net. Hopefully it'll help bring some awareness to people who aren't normally plugged in to what 4chan does (martial aritsts/MMA fans).

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

I know it's been said, but it needs reiterated. We need to hit the scientologists in their wallets.

Here is a list of scientologists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scientologists

As anonymous (as well as SA) is mostly made up of middle class young males, we are Hollywood's target audience. If we refuse to watch movies or television shows made by scientologists, and express our reasons for doing so, businesses will start backing away from the crazy kooks. As well as not watching them, we must not buy their DVDs, posters, tshirts, or any other associated merchandise. If you really must watch the movie - steal it from the internet :)

Also: stay away from United Artists films, theatres, etc. They are run by the Scientologists as well as managed by the Tiny Gnome Tom Cruise. They got involved in this after he was run out of town by Paramount for his crazy antics.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, another interesting factoid: Paulette Cooper is a Holocaust survivor. The Wiki says she was born in Auschwitz.

You don't get any more evil than trying to destroy a loving Holocaust survivor.

Ideologue
Jan 25, 2006

by Fistgrrl

locdogg posted:

Stickering, flyers, and "raids" are terrible ideas. If anon really wanted to hurt Scientology, all they would have to do is make them an economic pariah. Send email to info@ap.org with a press release claiming they are boycotting all films starring CoS actors as well all products associated with said films (placements, tie ins, etc.), and calling for a full scale investigation into the wrongdoings committed by the CoS. Then email the same request to their local congressman/government official demanding an inquiry into CoS be made. Also, anon should send emails to the companies themselves (pick a few obvious ones, Viacom for owning Neopets which is run by scientologists; Tribune Media owner of the LA Times, a sympathizer with CoS causes; News Corp. - Greta Van Sustren is a CoS member; pretty much any company that deals with Elvis related things - Lisa Marie and Priscilla are both CoS members, etc.) Tell them anon is going to boycott their goods as long as they are associated in any way with the CoS.

That's how professional interest groups get their message across. These interest groups have probably 1/10 the spending power of Anon and they have big players dancing to their tune. If Anon were to do the same, the impact would be far more than a bunch of dumb kids in Guy Fawkes masks handing out leaflets on the street.

Someone needs to post this somewhere where people organizing this will see it because it's a really good post.

This is basically the tactics of most grass-roots lobby groups who wield a lot of influence relative to their size.

BeastUK
Jul 18, 2006

by angerbot

WillieWestwood posted:

That's not it...

Thanks for the South Park clip, certainly new to me, but can you tell me why you think it contradicts what I said? You know that the Xenu story is only, and as far as we know, told to OT IIIs?

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Well, here's another quick one even though I'm off the idea of using Xenu now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working
Anybody in Montreal, Quebec planning on doing something to their HQ on Papineau/Mont-Royal? Unless they have already moved into their new 5X more space area downtown that was bought to a UNIVERSITY, I don't know.

This is loving appalling, the UQAM should be ashamed of themselves. It was supposed to become a House of Humanities. Now it's a goddamn Sciento-Palace, right on St-Catherine St.