Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Day Everyone in the NFL Was Let Off The Hook

quote:

The NFL isn't expected to suspend Dolphins C Mike Pouncey for his involvement in Bullygate, accruing to the Miami Herald.
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said there's been "no change in [Pouncey's] active status," and he doesn't "anticipate having to address the issue again."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

Where the gently caress does New Orleans keep getting money to do this poo poo

Mickey Loomis is a wizard.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
LOS ANGELES — Troubled former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young has been arrested on another felony charge – battery with serious bodily injury – and is in custody in the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles, with bail set at $105,000, according to an L.A. district attorney’s office spokesperson and the L.A. sheriff’s department’s website.

The L.A. sheriff’s department would not comment on details of the arrest.

Greg Risling, a spokesperson for the district attorney’s office, said Young was also charged with four counts of battery of school, park or hospital property. Those counts are misdemeanors.

Young was arrested July 9, just one day before he was scheduled to make a pretrial hearing appearance in Newport Beach, Calif., where he is facing four felonies and seven other criminal charges.

Young, 24, was charged in May 2013 with felony burglary and assault – 11 charges in all. Since then, two different attorneys have sought a series of delays in the legal process while Young received medical treatment.

His lawyers and family members declined to say what treatment he was receiving. Young’s father, Richard, has said in the past that Young has a mental disorder that requires treatment.

Young’s most recent lawyer, Brian Hurwitz, had tried to negotiate a resolution to the case with Orange County (Calif.) prosecutors.

But Hurwitz told USA TODAY Sports he is no longer representing Young.

Hurwitz declined to elaborate.

Young was a star receiver at Boise State who showed promise as a speed receiver in two seasons with the Lions until behavioral issues resulted in his release in February 2013.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Steve Smith is your new Bane:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/The-Caw-Steve-Smiths-Creepy-Training-Mask/d547cbab-f3b4-42dd-822c-7024d68e1117

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Smith goes for years without ever using twitter but he gets on the second he leaves the team... I really wonder if the panthers have a blanket ban on players using twitter.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I mean he's gotta do something to stay in the spotlight considering he's been usurped as Carolina's best receiver in history

edit: Jared Odrick went on vacation and he's goofy as poo poo
http://instagram.com/p/qb97tAiX7V/

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 15, 2014

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I mean he's gotta do something to stay in the spotlight considering he's been usurped as Carolina's best receiver in history

mike tolbert is pretty good, yeah

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

I was at this game and it was fantastic. Adrian Peterson is very bad at softball. That clip is just Jenny Finch striking him out, which is understandable, but he was flat out bad at batting and fielding. A one armed dude from the Wounded Warrior softball league was on ADP's team and had a great catch at the fence and throw back to second to keep Larry Fitzgerald at first, I believe.

The funniest thing is pro football players swinging a bat.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Detroit_Dogg posted:

LOS ANGELES — Troubled former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young has been arrested on another felony charge – battery with serious bodily injury – and is in custody in the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles, with bail set at $105,000, according to an L.A. district attorney’s office spokesperson and the L.A. sheriff’s department’s website.

Greg Risling, a spokesperson for the district attorney’s office, said Young was also charged with four counts of battery of school, park or hospital property. Those counts are misdemeanors.

Young was arrested July 9, just one day before he was scheduled to make a pretrial hearing appearance in Newport Beach, Calif., where he is facing four felonies and seven other criminal charges.

Young, 24, was charged in May 2013 with felony burglary and assault – 11 charges in all. Since then, two different attorneys have sought a series of delays in the legal process while Young received medical treatment.

His lawyers and family members declined to say what treatment he was receiving. Young’s father, Richard, has said in the past that Young has a mental disorder that requires treatment.

Young’s most recent lawyer, Brian Hurwitz, had tried to negotiate a resolution to the case with Orange County (Calif.) prosecutors.

Young was a star receiver at Boise State who showed promise as a speed receiver in two seasons with the Lions until behavioral issues resulted in his release in February 2013.

:psyduck:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Armanti Edwards happened years ago. Doesn't explain it.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Mods please rename this :titus:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

zimbomonkey posted:

Armanti Edwards happened years ago. Doesn't explain it.

Nope. You're forever tagged for that Kelvin Benjamin

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Mods please rename this :titus:

Just do a palette swap on :psyberger: for :titus:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Nope. You're forever tagged for that Kelvin Benjamin

I mean, that is exactly what I said and meant about Kelvin Benjamin.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Eifert Posting posted:

The funniest thing is pro football players swinging a bat.

Funny thing is, even pro baseball players wouldn't get many hits off Jennie Finch.

Why MLB hitters can't hit Jennie Finch and science behind reaction time.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

MourningView posted:

At one point he was so well regarded as an announcer that it was the biggest factor in him getting an NFL GM job (or at least the Lions GM job). Which seems impossible now.

The fact that this is true is just so sad and provides great insight into why the Fords are (well, WCF) are such terrible owners.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Geno Atkins: The next multisport phenom?

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 15, 2014

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

There have been all of two of them, but they do sound more less identical, to the point that people will still confuse Mowins with Ward even though Ward hasn't called games for a few years now.

Mowins is generally fine as a far as like fourth tier play by play people go, I think. Ward was really bad but in a way that became kind of charming if you listened to her enough. And she actually did get a lot better by the end. Her first two years were horrible. It didn't help that her colormen were almost universially horrible. Her last couple years she wasn't even the worst person in her own booth.

Are you sure there isn't a third one popping around ESPNU or something, or that Doris Burke never did college football? Is Mowins so pervasive that it feels like there are two of her on a weekly basis? I know you're on the west coast so maybe you aren't up to date on your fourth-tier noon shitshow crews. Or I watch so much terrible Big Ten football that it has ruined me.

I can't think of Beth Mowins without hearing her refer to Trevor Siemian as "Semen" in a Northwestern-Syracuse game that I was watching for god knows what reason.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

A real shocker. He should get blazed with Charles Rogers and calm the gently caress down.

Actually scratch that, I just remembered Rogers got arrested for threatening his mother or something.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Are you sure there isn't a third one popping around ESPNU or something, or that Doris Burke never did college football? Is Mowins so pervasive that it feels like there are two of her on a weekly basis? I know you're on the west coast so maybe you aren't up to date on your fourth-tier noon shitshow crews. Or I watch so much terrible Big Ten football that it has ruined me.

Um, I am an Iowa fan. I am probably the biggest expert on fourth tier shitshow ESPN college football announcing crews in the world. 11am central on ESPN2 is our turf.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jul 15, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've got deskwarming now at work (Basically sit on your rear end at your computer for 8 hours a day doing nothing) and I've been re-watching Bengals games.

The Bengals defense is really, really going to miss Michael Johnson.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He's only 24 :smith:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Titus Young, will be in jail or a mental facility for the next few years...

Dude has football PTSD or is stupid.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Yeah, stupidity doesn't cover it. Mike Pouncey is stupid. Titus Young obviously has a really severe mental illness

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@TheJimmyGraham: It's official I'm bleeding black and gold this morning! Thank you WhoDatNation for all the support.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Ehud posted:

@TheJimmyGraham: It's official I'm bleeding black and gold this morning! Thank you WhoDatNation for all the support.
He should see a doctor about that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Poor Titus Young, you owned at Boise, and was a pretty talented guy. to bad you were batshit insane.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
According to the Vikings blog at SB Nation, the team is done investigating Chris Kluwe's allegations of homophobic behavior from coaches but is not likely to release results publicly. I'm sure this will go over well with everybody involved.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

The Bengals defense is really, really going to miss Michael Johnson.
Please stop reminding me TIA.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

4 years, $40m, half guaranteed look to be the numbers.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Poor Titus Young, you owned at Boise, and was a pretty talented guy. to bad you were batshit insane.

Maybe this is just a long plan to ruin Calvin Johnson's life.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

so five a year, plus like what 18 million in the fourth year?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Grozz Nuy posted:

Where the gently caress does New Orleans keep getting money to do this poo poo

They get 15% of Cafe Du Monde beignet profits

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Petite Dinklage posted:

They get 15% of Cafe Du Monde beignet profits

I thought they just had a ton of money saved up since they can no longer fork out money for bounties

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

Maybe this is just a long plan to ruin Calvin Johnson's life.
The Lions have been doing that just fine.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Kluwe is saying that hte Vikings have finished their investigation into the accusations of homophobia but are now refusing to release those findings

https://twitter.com/ChrisWarcraft/status/489029397417299968

:tinfoil:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

TELL US THE TRUTH OBAMA

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Chris Kluwe happy Chris Kluwe in the news for another day.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Vikings conclusion, being a kicker makes you lower on the social status of NFL locker rooms then being gay.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"Don't let them tease you too much. Remember, you're the mascot, not the placekicker." - Hank Hill

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He wasn't even the kicker, he was the punter, the harbinger of failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
See y'all scoffed when I said I wanted to get rid of punting, but look what I could have saved us from.

• Locked thread