Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

Is the bracketology thing available online anywhere yet? I could only find the preview for it on youtube

It's available on the Award-Winning* WWE Network for just $9.99 per month.

*No one knows what award, but it has won some, dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Those ones

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Dr. Baker posted:

I will be sad if Kendrick loses after watching his promo package.

He had his time

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Can someone post a high resolution image of Rhyno sullenly walking out of Full Sail and toward the sunset?

I need a new desktop background.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dr. Baker posted:

I will be sad if Kendrick loses after watching his promo package.
I doubt this is really his last venture. With the brand split they'll be bringing back all sorts of old names to fill out the rosters.

oatgan posted:

feel like giving the rub to someone they don't have locked into a contract would be the actual stupid move
That's why I don't think Ibushi will win it, especially considering they're already promoting him as the "early favorite to win it all". Finals almost definitely, but unless they offered him Nakamura levels of money to sign, if I'm not mistaken he still wants to do his own project in Japan.

Still hoping for Tozawa, even if signing him would mean losing the heart of Monster Express.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Can't believe it's been 20 years today since Hogan, Hall, and Nash changed things forever.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Eltoasto posted:

That makes a lot of sense, especially if the match at Takeover is with Corbin to remind the winner where lightweight indie nerds belong.

in a boring match on the pre-show having to carry a tall guy who sucks?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Vaguido posted:

To be fair if you're not rooting for TJ, Swann or Kendrick after watching Bracketology, you probably don't have a heart.

I've never heard anybody on the indie scene say a bad word about Swann either, he's reportedly one of the nicest, most genuine guys in the business.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

Grozz Nuy posted:

I've never heard anybody on the indie scene say a bad word about Swann either, he's reportedly one of the nicest, most genuine guys in the business.

Swann too sweeted me in the parking lot of a PWG show for wearing a Gargano shirt. At another show I wore Macho Man sunglasses and he asked me politely if I could take a photo of him wearing them and also asked me to send the photo to him.

Rich Swann loves every thing about wrestling and he should be loved back.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I filled out a bracket too. Maybe it's lack of awareness on my part, but I'm kinda surprised at the assumption that Swann's one of the favourites. I was assuming Perkins was gonna be the guy wrestling Ibushi in the semis.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i will bet a lot against MRAnik

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Izzy with the "Heeeeyyy We Want Some Bayley" sign :grin:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

AMReese posted:

Imagine if they had Johnny Gargano win.

He's my pick. He's the most conservative pick as he's American citizen and he's joining NXT full time in October going by several accounts.

Ever since he showed up in NXT I harped on about how NXT likes Gargano more than the "IWC" knows or appreciates.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hey I'm working on a CWC thread and it should be posted later this night, just a heads up for anyone working on one as well.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

i will bet a lot against MRAnik

yeah TJ Perkins has a sad backstory but he's also kind of a shithead unlike rich swann so go rich swann

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I think Kane will win it all

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

poo poo, Perkins is an MRA? There goes the free love that he got from me for being Filipino. At least I can redirect all that love to Batista.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Context for Perkins being an MRA? Cuz a cursory Google came up with nada?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Think TJP is a really talented wrestler but his Twitter, Ask.fm and other is legit the worst I can think of Wrestler wise. Full on MRA for sure.

Worst possible Basketball opinions too according to my American friends.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Baby Nia and Baron:
https://twitter.com/NiaJaxWWE/status/751189123826872320

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

There was a profile of a young exotico (I think it was in the New Yorker?) that featured a backstage scene from a Lucha Vavoom show in which TJ Perkins grills a mini lucha real hard and real seriously about whether or not he was looking at Perkins' dick. It was like something out of Zoolander. He seems like a shithead but that's rather run of the mill for wrestling.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 8, 2016

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

and tbh how do you embark on a professional career and keep the name Perkins, that's like calling yourself Matt Hardees

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Context for Perkins being an MRA? Cuz a cursory Google came up with nada?

I think he deleted most of his tweets but if you search his twitter name and women on twitter you'll come up with a whole bunch of people who responded to him calling him out for some his tweets

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

WadeBartender posted:

I think he deleted most of his tweets but if you search his twitter name and women on twitter you'll come up with a whole bunch of people who responded to him calling him out for some his tweets

OK, so bare minimum he's smart enough to know that saying dumb poo poo publically is not a good idea if he wants WWE to hire him. Best case, maybe he's smartened up?

I know he probably hasn't. :(

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

OK, so bare minimum he's smart enough to know that saying dumb poo poo publically is not a good idea if he wants WWE to hire him. Best case, maybe he's smartened up?

I know he probably hasn't. :(

https://twitter.com/MaskaraManik/status/707359115052339200
here's a tweet from him this year whining about social justice so nah probably not

Honestly though if he was as good in the ring as other noted real life shithead Jay Briscoe I might give him a pass but nah he's bad outside the ring and mediocre inside it

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
He is loving awesome in the ring what are you talking about?

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

The_Rob posted:

He is loving awesome in the ring what are you talking about?

Nah

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Everything he does is smooth and precise. He knows the right times to do moves and he is as crisp as can be. Dude is seriously great in the ring.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I don't know if Alexa got even goddamn better, or if Carmella dragged her down/Bayley is really goddamn good, but she looked loving GREAT in that last episode.

I had to go back and double-check she actually slap the thigh and didn't just plaster Bayley in the face on that big right hand.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

The_Rob posted:

Everything he does is smooth and precise. He knows the right times to do moves and he is as crisp as can be. Dude is seriously great in the ring.

i've seen tjp and can confirm he is very bad and not good at all.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

The_Rob posted:

I think he's bland, boring and super uncharismatic in everything he does

Also having smooth moves doesn't help when all his moves lack impact and also look really stupid alot of the time (especially his weird firemans carry fall to my back kick your head thing)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

GenericMartini posted:

i've seen tjp and can confirm he is very bad and not good at all.

I've seen him live many many times and he is great every time. So I don't know what to tell you man.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he is a good wrestler but that is not enough to make me particularly interested in watching him. if he wrestled the way he does with the character of hmm say a zema ion then i could get into it. zema ion is underrated narrative 2016 get on board

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

he is a good wrestler but that is not enough to make me particularly interested in watching him. if he wrestled the way he does with the character of hmm say a zema ion then i could get into it. zema ion is underrated narrative 2016 get on board

Well as we saw in this thread the cwc made people interested in watching him.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

The_Rob posted:

Well as we saw in this thread the cwc made people interested in watching him.

It had literally nothing to do with him though, You could have had anyone state a sad backstory and everyone would be completely on board with him

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

WadeBartender posted:

It had literally nothing to do with him though, You could have had anyone state a sad backstory and everyone would be completely on board with him

i dont think this is fair

Super No Vacancy posted:

i like tjp, dj z is underrated, they should form a tag team with stokely hathaway managing

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

WadeBartender posted:

I mean it was his story so it had a bit to do with him.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I guess TJ Perkins was always bad???

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

projecthalaxy posted:

I guess TJ Perkins was always bad???

Anyone who wrestled as Puma could never be bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Did anybody else find it weird that they discussed every matchup except Davari and Ho Ho Lun? I watched Bracketology on the network and it wasn't on there.

Also whoever thought that "rather than focus on the person talking, we should have the camera zoom in on the other person nodding" should be fired.

Finally, I have not seen ZSJ wrestle but dude needs some muscle - he has the saddest lanky man torso I've ever seen.

Also Gallagher's high cut trunks are disturbing. I know they're like an inch away from normal wrestling trunks but they just look so much more like underpants.

• Locked thread