Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

elf help book posted:

The Metroid lore and timeline.

I know you're sarcastic but I think the Prime games have really clever and delicately designed writing (yes even 3 the one goons don't like). And there are good moments in the other games too.

vvv 3 attracts a lot of "Halo Prime am I right?" comments because of the voice acting (which is pretty unpopular in general on SA). It's mostly just easy jokes but still.

mycot fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought it was Echoes people didn't like

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

elf help book posted:

The Metroid lore and timeline.

Metroid barely has a story and it doesn't really matter but it's one of the few Nintendo franchises that does have a continuous plot and a defined timeline and it'd be okay if they didn't Starfox it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Help Im Alive posted:

Echoes is actually an awesome game, slowbeef was just being grumpy.

Federation Force doesn't look like testicular cancer or anything like that, but it looks pretty slow and boring and kinda mediocre and also the graphics are utter poo poo compared to other 3DS games. It's not that big a deal because it's a spinoff and they've promised to follow up with real Metroid Prime stuff afterwards but it just doesn't look interesting to me.

Now when the gently caress are they bringing back Sylux?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mycot posted:

I know you're sarcastic but I think the Prime games have really clever and delicately designed writing (yes even 3 the one goons don't like). And there are good moments in the other games too.

vvv 3 attracts a lot of "Halo Prime am I right?" comments because of the voice acting (which is pretty unpopular in general on SA). It's mostly just easy jokes but still.

fuckin goons

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Echoes has really good writing because you find a logbook where a marine is fangirling over Samus Aran and looking up to her as a hero while another marine says that she's as real as Santa Claus, and you also find a bunch of pirate logs that consist of them completely losing their poo poo over the fact that they now have two Samus Arans running around their bases destroying everything and how hosed they are.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

nerdman42 posted:

Maybe one day Nintendo will finally get ballsy and make another Metroid that takes place after Fusion.

HA

They need to make a Alien movie set after Alien Resurrection first.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Next week's JP Wii U VC releases: Starfy 3 (GBA), Pokemon Snap (N64)

Next week's JP New 3DS VC releases: Super Metroid, DKC2, Pilotwings

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Next week's JP Wii U VC releases: Starfy 3 (GBA), Pokemon Snap (N64)

Next week's JP New 3DS VC releases: Super Metroid, DKC2, Pilotwings

Maybe we'll get Pokemon Snap next week in PAL regions next week to apologise for the giant turd dropping during this one.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
Has Japan gotten any of its third party SFC virtual console games yet? I'm interested to see how close we might be to getting portable Megaman X.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Pokemon Picross won't let me do any daily training (for 24 hours or something) because it detected that the system clock changed. No poo poo, it's called Daylight Savings. :mad:

Another reason why Daylight Savings is dumb. (It would be nice if the 3DS could automatically update the clock if it's on wifi though).

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

irlZaphod posted:

Pokemon Picross won't let me do any daily training (for 24 hours or something) because it detected that the system clock changed. No poo poo, it's called Daylight Savings. :mad:

Another reason why Daylight Savings is dumb. (It would be nice if the 3DS could automatically update the clock if it's on wifi though).

what a time to be alive

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

The best part is that it doesn't look to be that bad of a game. Nintendo fans can be such babies sometimes.

It looks like a 10 year old DS game and the game is built around grinding missions for loot and XP. It's sad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't like the ammo system but they do some cool stuff with the world swapping puzzles and it's probably the hardest of the trilogy so there's stuff to enjoy. And I beat 3 four times in a row when it came out and still replay the whole trilogy every other year or so, but Metroid Prime is probably one of my all time favorite games so that's just me.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
How does eSHOP work in terms of sales? Do they appear when the store updates like on PSN?

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

irlZaphod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5q77MQzU2Q

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I don't like the ammo system but they do some cool stuff with the world swapping puzzles and it's probably the hardest of the trilogy so there's stuff to enjoy. And I beat 3 four times in a row when it came out and still replay the whole trilogy every other year or so, but Metroid Prime is probably one of my all time favorite games so that's just me.

Once you get one or two capacity upgrades, i cannot remember ever hurting for ammo. If you do so much as glance at the general environment around you, the game immediately vomits light / dark ammo all over you if one of your counters ever goes below 80%.

It was kinda pointless to even have an ammo counter.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My only real problem with Echoes was the whole light/dark ammo thing never really gave you that later Metroid game feeling of going back through earlier areas and completly stomping on everything this time. Otherwise it was pretty cool and difficult.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HenryEx posted:

Once you get one or two capacity upgrades, i cannot remember ever hurting for ammo. If you do so much as glance at the general environment around you, the game immediately vomits light / dark ammo all over you if one of your counters ever goes below 80%.

It was kinda pointless to even have an ammo counter.

That's what I mean yeah. It's just an unnecessary annoyance for the first hour or two and then might as well not even exist after that, which is just kind of a bad mechanic.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
NA's getting Super Sluggers.

Beats Other M.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Patter Song posted:

Beats Other M.

The adventure mode in that game makes for a better Mario Party experience than the actual Mario Parties that came out on that system.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Patter Song posted:

Beats Other M.

Isn't Super Sluggers the last appearance of K Krool?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Super Sluggers is one of the best Wii local multiplayer games. Really wish they made a sequel for Wii U.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Miitomo and My Nintendo are supposedly going live at 1 AM PST, i.e. tomorrow for anyone with a normal sleep schedule.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wonder if they're going to include code cards with physical games again like with Club Nintendo. It would kinda suck if it's for buying digital only but I get Nintendo's incentive.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

physical...games?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

enojy posted:

Miitomo and My Nintendo are supposedly going live at 1 AM PST, i.e. tomorrow for anyone with a normal sleep schedule.

god bless my hosed up work and sleep schedule, the free to play mobile game will be mine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is Miitomo a game? What's the excitement for it?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

In Training posted:

i think it's social networking

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its advertising

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

voltcatfish posted:

physical...games?

Cavemen used to have them.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

It's Nintendo's (but not Pokemon Company's) first mobile game. It's Tomodachi Life but they ripped out everything that vaguely resembled gameplay and replaced it with a system where you post and answer questions with friends to earn coins to buy clothes for your Mii.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

its advertising

loving FINALLY

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

In Training posted:

loving FINALLY

I think a lot of people are looking forward to it due to the fact that the replacement for Nintendo's shuttered loyalty program comes out at the same time, to be honest. I know I am, at least.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Super No Vacancy posted:

its advertising

Technically anything with the "Nintendo" brand serves as advertising for further Nintendo branded items.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

thexerox123 posted:

I think a lot of people are looking forward to it due to the fact that the replacement for Nintendo's shuttered loyalty program comes out at the same time, to be honest. I know I am, at least.

me too. i mean i keep buying nintendo games so any sort of loyalty program is vaguely cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You should be able to link your Facebook and Twitter accounts to the new loyalty program so it can scan my history and give me points for telling everyone that I thought the NX controller leak was fake before everyone knew it was fake

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

You should be able to link your Facebook and Twitter accounts to the new loyalty program so it can scan my history and give me points for telling everyone that I thought the NX controller leak was fake before everyone knew it was fake

if they rewarded people for things like that jivjov would put them out of business

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

pre:
DATE                 ACTIVITY                                                                                       Balance Change
6/9/2016             Informed Poster That Digital Games Are Actually Tied To Nintendo Network ID                    +100 Gold Points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

pre:
DATE                 ACTIVITY                                                                                       Balance Change
6/9/2016             Informed Poster That Digital Games Are Actually Tied To Nintendo Network ID                    +100 Gold Points