Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Note that the darling children are white pieces.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

This cartoon gives me the jibblies.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

colonel_korn posted:

img-slowly_growing_:obama:.gif

I laughed at the ticker joke, it was an easy gag but I didn't see it coming. Still standard cheerleader garbage, though.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

colonel_korn posted:

img-slowly_growing_:obama:.gif

Cosmos is pretty awesome and never talks about Bengahzi. ABG.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Who's he playing against here?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

colonel_korn posted:

]

Also more boring local stuff from Eric Allie. WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Oh hey, it's the girl from Prickly City in the bottom right there.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

I love the last three panels.

"Compassion means showing compassion."

"What about the people who have to show compassion?"

"Indeed."

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

JaggerMcDagger posted:

2014: Year of the loving indifferent SKELETON

Death ... is absent ... from ... the ... There have been no deaths due to ... no. Mental health services is death, and it is absent, so no deaths and no mental health care so everything is fine.

wormseatingmybrainwormseatingmybrainwormseatingmybrainwormseatingmybrainwormseatingmybrain
(A worm-eaten brain, kinda gross sorry for not hiding it)
code:
http://i.imgur.com/iH9mGBz.jpg
wormseatingmybrainwormseatingmybrainwormseatingmybrainwormseatingmybrainwormseatingmybrain

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 6, 2014

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Post 9-11 User posted:

Death ... is absent ... from ... the ... There have been no deaths due to ... no. Mental health services is death, and it is absent, so no deaths and no mental health care so everything is fine.

:nms:

I think I just parsed it. I think what he meant to say was "I'm filling in for the other guy." And the other guy was meant to be Military Mental Health Services.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Without the military regularly causing deaths, the need for mental health services is far reduced.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

We conservatives want a dictator to rule us with an iron fist.

Liberal government is tyranny.

Also, it's nice to just drive at a leisurely pace, knowing that you don't urgently need to get to your destination. :downs:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Is it really that hard to understand? The absence of a well funded mental health service for veterans and soldiers leads to countless unnecessary deaths. I got it instantly.

VitalSigns posted:

The Bible = Bo-ring!
Indiscriminate killing = awesome with a side of awesome
-A devout Christian

When has Muir ever done anything to suggest he's a Christian? The guy makes spankbait for a "living".

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Good thing Lee Harvey Oswald had A Gun otherwise Kennedy would be dead.

That Bok(?) cartoon where the poster of Obama As Weak is swapped for Obama Is A Dictator is so appropriate. If Obama were really this stupid, wouldn't he have found a way to choke to death on his own tongue by now?

Obama signs executive order: It is now possible to swallow your own tongue. *Dies

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Which illegal war was this?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

When has Muir ever done anything to suggest he's a Christian? The guy makes spankbait for a "living".
I always got this weird SE Cupp vibe from Muir. An atheist that drools all over right-wing Christians. Only Muir somehow manages to throw in the annoying r/atheism attitude in the mix.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WarpedNaba posted:

Which illegal war was this?

Iraq. Obama never prosecuted Cheney, Bush, Rumsfeld, or any of those fuckers once he gained the authority to do so.

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm pretty sure this is exactly what he's talking about.

Rorus Raz posted:

I always got this weird SE Cupp vibe from Muir. An atheist that drools all over right-wing Christians. Only Muir somehow manages to throw in the annoying r/atheism attitude in the mix.

An authoritarian is an authoritarian. If powerful aren't going after you personally and are hurting people you don't like, who cares what they believe, they're awesome.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Muir is merely declaring his love for the raddest band in the universe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4pob3nlYP4

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This caricature looks a lot like Benjamin Netanjahu.
Maybe it's just one of those generic evil old politician faces.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Post 9-11 User posted:

That Bok(?) cartoon where the poster of Obama As Weak is swapped for Obama Is A Dictator is so appropriate.

I think that was Luckovich. Bok's less scribbly, more wibbly.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Somfin posted:

I think that was Luckovich. Bok's less scribbly, more wibbly.

Also Luckovich is more liberal and Bok is much more conservative

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

colonel_korn posted:

Also more boring local stuff from Eric Allie. WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Dumping charter schools? That actually gets him points in my book. Checkmate, Allie. :smug:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Air is lava! posted:

This caricature looks a lot like Benjamin Netanjahu.
Huh. Not just me, then.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

So many good cartoons generated by this piece of poo poo. It's like dynamiting fish in a barrel, but drat if they aren't (almost) all great. Those eyes! :forkbomb:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Post 9-11 User posted:

So many good cartoons generated by this piece of poo poo. It's like dynamiting fish in a barrel, but drat if they aren't (almost) all great. Those eyes! :forkbomb:

Ryan's crazy eyes were a gift from god to cartoonists everywhere.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Ryan's crazy eyes were a gift from god to cartoonists everywhere.

Except the One with Two Prizes.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
It figures that the one person who couldn't do a decent Ryan was Ramirez, huh.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mister Beeg posted:

Yeah, when I saw that picture I immediately thought of that Lalo Alcaraz cartoon.

Speaking of which, reading through his archive...

That's pretty much what those right wing cartoonists were like few weeks ago.

Ugh, just when I thought MLP couldn't get worse... :cry:

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

colonel_korn posted:

Good to know that he thinks the guy is most likely going to win.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

It figures that the one person who couldn't do a decent Ryan was Ramirez, huh.

Ramirez can't do a decent anyone.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Switching between here and the terrible tattoo thread I had the horrifying thought wondering if anyone had got any Political Cartoons tattooed on themselves.

The Join or Die is pretty popular - but it's now more a symbol than a cartoon - like all the Swastikas, Hammer and Sickles, Flags, Monster Energy Drink logos and that guy who got the Rommney Ryan symbol as a facial tattoo.

Found this, based on the Darwin caricature from the Hornet:

While the thread regulars didn't generate much - no Snafu tattoos or Day by Day ink, - most of the GIS were cartoons about kids with tattoos or laboured political metaphor.

I did find that someone has chosen to commission a piece from Ted Rall

" I designed my first tattoo! One of my readers asked me to draw a canary in a birdcage for his arm. Here it is!

(Anyone interested in having me draw custom artwork for a tattoo (there is a fee), please get in touch.)" - Ted Rall

They liked it so much they got another one.

"You may remember Josh, my first-ever tattoo art client. He requested a canary in a cage for his arm. Now he’s back! He wanted the proverbial frog in a pot, getting slowly warmer but not realizing it, and here it is. The frog will have a different colored belly, color to be added after the current tattoo heals." - Ted Rall

:frogout:

Anyone seen any others? I know lots of folks get cartoon tattoos because they're bold and simple designs - lots of Calvin and Hobbes - but political cartoons are pretty transitory and tattoos are permanent - unless anyone wants to horrify me with someone with a Mallard Fillmore drinky duck tattoo. I did meet someone with a Dilbert tattoo once, because I thought it was a Descendants Milo tattoo. Still no idea why they got it.

Doubtful Guest fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Apr 6, 2014

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Doubtful Guest posted:

Anyone seen any others?

Seems apt

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

ThirdPartyView posted:

Wouldn't that make killing animals biblical-defined suffering and thus a clear sin against God :raise:

Yeah but as John rule so often informs us, we live in a sin cursed world!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

This is my favorite After Eden comic:

My sin is the only moral sin.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
More cartoons by Lalo Alcaraz.

This is a reference to a movie "Spanglish" that came out in December 2004. James L. Brooks was the writer and director, hence the Simpsons characters.

EDIT: Numbered the images per request.

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 6, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

:lol: I wonder what Cruz Bustamante is doing these days.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Hey, guys, I made a tattoo art! Then, I made a painting art! And a poetry art! I watched a TV program broadcast transmission show!

Dees: I made a hagoue098ldjkfhdhdhhhd-art! :wom:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Somfin posted:

Except the One with Two Prizes.

FWIW, the discussion consensus in the thread when that cartoon was first posted is that it's a label on the little dutch boy meant to symbolize Ryan, not that it's a caricature of the man himself. Although the fact that we can't be sure is pretty damning of Ramirez's work more generally.

Mister Beeg posted:

More cartoons by Lalo Alcaraz.

I'm not so sure I buy this. Latinos are opposed to the war in Iraq because they have similar facial hair to some people in Iraq?

Also, please number your images, it's a pain to quote particular ones otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

made of bees
May 21, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm not so sure I buy this. Latinos are opposed to the war in Iraq because they have similar facial hair to some people in Iraq?

I think what it's going for is that drumming up support for a war by invoking racist stereotypes is going to make minorities wary, especially if they've had some of the same stereotypes used against them.

• Locked thread