Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
IF Lichsteiner is 120k+ on PC :(

I need Pogba too but he is back up to 71k.

It sucks that Serie A teams consist of at least half of Juventus's players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Sell all my FUT players now or keep them in case they fix this miserable poo poo game with a patch? Thoughts?

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Ligue 1 is good for a relatively cheap team. I use:
41212(2)

Sirigu, Bedimo, Nkoulou, Marquinhos, Aurier, Mavuba, Cabaye, Moutinho, Pastore, Lacazette, Cavani

Luiz/T.Silva are available as more expensive CBs, there're other DM options, but the above is stacked

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help

African AIDS cum posted:

Sell all my FUT players now or keep them in case they fix this miserable poo poo game with a patch? Thoughts?

Maybe learn to play without relying on what worked before? I'm having tons of fun with this patch, games are more tactical and not a mess of through balls back and forth. Also try not to get very mad at video games.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Greedish posted:

Maybe learn to play without relying on what worked before? I'm having tons of fun with this patch, games are more tactical and not a mess of through balls back and forth. Also try not to get very mad at video games.

Sit in the noob chair please. What division are you even in? Its not a matter of learning to play. I'm the best. Ask anyone.
Fact.

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
I'm garbage, maybe that's why I don't get mad at digital sports

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
Just went on a five game win streak in seasons, followed by a five game losing streak where my team felt like they just hopped off the short bus the entire time. I don't understand. All I know is this game blows unless I'm winning!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mills posted:

I got him for 37k in the crash and he's already back up to 53k. Not many good LB/RB options in Serie A so he's perfect if that's how you want to build your squad.

I'm using Maggio over Maicon lately and while him being nonrare and 76 rated, almost all his skills are over 70. Really well rounded RB.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Greedish posted:

Ouch, Tom you just got Greedished

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Mills posted:

Tevez is still pretty cheap at 35k. He was 50k before the crash.

I got him from the special 25k 12 rare pack the other day and he was going for less than 25k on Xbox One.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=cQaFbILTbHXK:360

This is the squad I am finally fully happy with and anything beyond this doesn't really feel necessary, nice, but not needed. No real money was spent making this squad.

Was playing a 4-4-2 for the longest time with Ramsey and Wilshere in the middle and pulled Ozil and Fabregas. I realized buying Matic for like 2k coins was a good idea and playing a 4-1-2-1-2.. which has made me much more dominate now.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Dec 3, 2014

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Just had a Classic FIFA Experience where I was playing an opponent who had his mic on and was yelling into it the whole time and talking to someone who was there with him. I was gonna mute him but I got up 1-0 early and he got really mad and it got too funny to mute. It was one of those games where nobody can seem to pass to the person they want to on either side so I kept hearing him go WHAT SEE EVERY TIME I GET IT, IT WON'T PASS WHERE I WANT IT, THIS GUY IS SO LUCKY. SEE AND NOW HE JUST GIVES THE BALL BACK TO ME BECAUSE HE'S poo poo.

This guy never thought for a second that maybe I was having issues with the passing also?? Anyway I got a lucky PK and went up 2-1 and I didn't showboat or watch replay or anything but he basically yelled YOU LUCKY human being into the mic for the rest of the time. He was so mad about video games, it was great. He spent half the time explaining to the other person how poo poo I was and how much he was dominating me (I had 52% possession and 1 less shot than him lol)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
How do you mute someone? I've been playing Fifa on consoles for the last 5 years and I have no idea :downsgun:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

beedeebee posted:

How do you mute someone? I've been playing Fifa on consoles for the last 5 years and I have no idea :downsgun:

plug a headset in and don't put it on.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Basically that, there's literally no way to mute them through the actual console because why would you ever want to turn off someone screaming human being at you?

What he said with the headset is the only easy solution. I also can't believe Sony hasn't patched in a way to mute people yet. On 360 all you had to do was hit the Xbox button and go to their thingy under the "people you met" and hit mute. Took maybe 10 seconds.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Stefan Prodan posted:

Basically that, there's literally no way to mute them through the actual console because why would you ever want to turn off someone screaming human being at you?

What he said with the headset is the only easy solution. I also can't believe Sony hasn't patched in a way to mute people yet. On 360 all you had to do was hit the Xbox button and go to their thingy under the "people you met" and hit mute. Took maybe 10 seconds.

You can do that too under "recent players" section of friends but it's a huge loving hassle mid game even pausing so yes the mic in and not put on your head or volume down is the easy solution.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
My 41212 bpl team got some upgrades. It is fun.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=UMMDUYqobHYc:360

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ah okay, like that. That's stupid.

Anyway, just played 2 games after that patch, and I can't score anymore. So thanks for breaking my game EA!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

T Bowl posted:

You can do that too under "recent players" section of friends but it's a huge loving hassle mid game even pausing so yes the mic in and not put on your head or volume down is the easy solution.

On PS4? I've tried to look under recently players on PS4 and it never populates with any names so I assumed FIFA just somehow didn't register those people in UT. I've tried to look out of curiosity to see what division people were or send "gg' after a really good match but can never find it.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Stefan Prodan posted:

On PS4? I've tried to look under recently players on PS4 and it never populates with any names so I assumed FIFA just somehow didn't register those people in UT. I've tried to look out of curiosity to see what division people were or send "gg' after a really good match but can never find it.

Xbox One, oops. And now that you mention it yeah maybe any H2H games they don't even come up on recent players because of all the rage quits, name calling, etc people do when they are bitter about a games result.

I noticed this year I never once get an angry message saying how I got lucky or any bullshit like that. It's an EA choice.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Recent players has never worked on xbox one. 14 or 15 versions

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

madkapitolist posted:

What player would improve my serie a team the most?

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=cyFibCL0nLC9k:ps3

I was thinking about buying either vidal, or tevez. Thoughts?

Hamsik for CAM, he is super cheap for his rating

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Stefan Prodan posted:

You can do it on PS4, just the network is slow to populate the list. I've definitely done it.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Press L3 while you're in the kit selection screen to list players, then tap X (or A on Xbox, I think?) twice to mute your opponent (I think the first is to select the player, the second is to mute.) Make sure that you haven't readied up yet because if you do it will not let you click L3.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Well I got bored last night, found a gold buying website and now I have 4 (Evra, IF Chiellini, Barzagli, IF Lichtensteiner) - 1 (De Rossi) - 2 (IF Pogba, Vidal) - 1 (IF Hamsik) - 2 (SIF Tevez, IF Higuain) with Handanovic in goals.

Wondering whether IF Pjanic would make a better CAM than IF Hamsik but I expect more abuse than advice.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Mills posted:

Well I got bored last night, found a gold buying website and now I have 4 (Evra, IF Chiellini, Barzagli, IF Lichtensteiner) - 1 (De Rossi) - 2 (IF Pogba, Vidal) - 1 (IF Hamsik) - 2 (SIF Tevez, IF Higuain) with Handanovic in goals.

Wondering whether IF Pjanic would make a better CAM than IF Hamsik but I expect more abuse than advice.

How much did you sell your gold for Mills?

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Mills posted:

are you still playing off-line?

here is some advice, actually get better at playing the game and not trying to game UT, since all your input/output on your squads is based on playing poo poo AI games and low tier on-line games...just a thought

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 3, 2014

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I didn't even bother playing a game. I just have fun building squads. :shrug:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So I've won either promotion or the title straight up in division 4 twice in a row and I'm...still in division 4. I thought it was just a one-time bug the first time but now I think I'm just trapped here forever. Is this something I have to contact EA about or something?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

vivisectvnv posted:

are you still playing off-line?

here is some advice, actually get better at playing the game and not trying to game UT, since all your input/output on your squads is based on playing poo poo AI games and low tier on-line games...just a thought

wow

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Some guys posted in this thread: "I watched some video's and suddenly everything just clicked". Can you post some links? Because I just started playing again and holy gently caress do I suck!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I watched a bunch of videos while I was out of town for thanksgiving, the ones I found helpful were ones by two guys named Ovvy and Krasi that are euro FIFA pros, if you just google their names and "fifa" you'll find their channels.

Dirty Mike also seems pretty good but his video persona is super obnoxious so I don't 100% recommend his videos

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Mills posted:

I didn't even bother playing a game. I just have fun building squads. :shrug:

Why would you not just play career mode or build squads on futwiz all day then? You got to understand fut designed to fleece your type. That's entire point of the mode. Walk away man

Stefan Prodan posted:

So I've won either promotion or the title straight up in division 4 twice in a row and I'm...still in division 4. I thought it was just a one-time bug the first time but now I think I'm just trapped here forever. Is this something I have to contact EA about or something?

Quit the season. Gonna drop you a division but that's you can do. Happens sometimes

DangerZoneDelux fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 3, 2014

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Quit the season how?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Why would you not just play career mode or build squads on futwiz all day then? You got to understand fut designed to fleece your type. That's entire point of the mode. Walk away man

I also like collecting things. :3:

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

Quit the season how?

From season screen. On bottom says X to forfeit season. Not sure button on ps4. Screen with play match, season history, current season and fixture list

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Well, so there's apparently only a forfeit button on single player seasons. So I guess I'm just trapped in division 4 forever now?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Some of us would consider ourselves lucky just to make Division 4 in the first place.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Stefan Prodan posted:

I watched a bunch of videos while I was out of town for thanksgiving, the ones I found helpful were ones by two guys named Ovvy and Krasi that are euro FIFA pros, if you just google their names and "fifa" you'll find their channels.

Dirty Mike also seems pretty good but his video persona is super obnoxious so I don't 100% recommend his videos

Thanks. That Ovvy guy has a cool eastern european accent, so you know he's legit.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I can't escape Div 3 on FUT. I continue to be just good enough and just poo poo enough to 'hold' the division. I've repeated Div 3 four times now. loving groundhogs day over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

beedeebee posted:

Thanks. That Ovvy guy has a cool eastern european accent, so you know he's legit.

Yeah he's Romanian and Krasi is Bulgarian, they both have pretty good accents

• Locked thread