Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010

Sniep posted:

yeah the 35Ah ones were $65 a piece, and the 18Ah ones to the left were $35, all shipped prices (i didnt think to check a local batteries+ to compare, but the shipped-prices on amazon still beat what it appeared their prices were online)

so $200 total for all four of those, with a combined 106Ah of capacity @20hrs.

i'm def. gonna look into a bank of cheaper batteries and lose the portability if i ever need to put another system together. are you planning on an inverter? a $30 100w cigarette lighter jobber worked fine for just the laptop, but i started needing the cordless drill. to charge that I got a pure sine wave inverter which is way too big and noisy and would kill the battery dead if it ever drew close to its rated 1000w. I want this one bad as it's tiny and fanless, but 3x the price of mine that still does the job i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

of course you bite at that

:confused:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
echinopsis was not weirdly muscly

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

sounds good xheverybody! thanks for the chat. digging out of the lovely dixie suicide pit is kinda tough

we lost weight after movin here simply due to a lack of good fried food

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Stereotype posted:

I have gotten so many smiles from cute girls also running since I started running. Running straight sucks but whatever.

now that it's warmer and i'm running in less i've definitely noticed getting the increased smiles and check-outs

obstipator posted:

its hard to find good looking running shoes imo. i got these sw8 neon green + grey ones that own, so im' lucky.
but now that i think about it, i dont really notice peoples shoes when i see them running. im going to pay extra attention now and its probably going be really freaky, just like if you make a conscience effort to notice peoples eyebrows and they L@@K like a completely different person

yeah i don't really notice shoes much either.

whenever i pass other runners i notice there's a sort of universal greeting - head stays facing forward and down, eyes up at the other person, maybe a small wave

also all running shoes are ugly which is why you get the most obnoxious color combinations instead

echinopsis posted:

no one has ever woken up and been like :oh poo poo when did u get soi many msucles???"

lifting is better long term imo. fitness gains from aerobic exercise last about 3 days after the last time u did a marathon. lifting helps all sorts of poo poo including posture and the strength gains last considerably longer even if u fall off for a abit

everyone should lift and run

purchases thread is now old fitness thread, complete with knuc

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

is there anything big i should look out for so i dont buy really bad shoes for riding? i just have og platform pedals no straps or anything. i am not going to be some clipless dude so dont try

you should get pedals with clips, they let you get your hamstrings into it which is both a better workout and a source of free extra power

i wear adidas sambas and they work great for cycling

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

jonny get these http://www.rei.com/product/884274/sunlite-training-bike-pedals-2014-overstock and use whatever shoe you feel like

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

unless you have some weird taste in shoes or something. if you need a colorful running shoe look at mizunos since that's like their entire brand

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Phoning It In posted:

i'm def. gonna look into a bank of cheaper batteries and lose the portability if i ever need to put another system together. are you planning on an inverter? a $30 100w cigarette lighter jobber worked fine for just the laptop, but i started needing the cordless drill. to charge that I got a pure sine wave inverter which is way too big and noisy and would kill the battery dead if it ever drew close to its rated 1000w. I want this one bad as it's tiny and fanless, but 3x the price of mine that still does the job i guess

you can see the tiny inverter i have for the go-kit with these in that same pic - just a samlex 250w jobby

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I want to buy a bigger and more expensive drone but have no practical reason to do it.

Also I can't find any laws about strapping guns to drones so possibly it is actually not a crime, even though it is both wildly impractical and completely irresponsible.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Stereotype posted:

I want to buy a bigger and more expensive drone but have no practical reason to do it.

did you have a practical reason for buying one in the first place? if the answer is no, then you're no worse off buying an even bigger one

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
googe

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

you are not going to make fetch googe happen

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
gogle

black pete
Mar 24, 2015

DON'T MIND ME!

I'LL MAKE JOKES ABOUT RAPE.

Ocrassus posted:

second bonus gaming related purchase this week.

got this for a friends 21st. he likes playing video games

Lmfao

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
My running shoes are blue and green and really bright and really ugly.

black pete
Mar 24, 2015

DON'T MIND ME!

I'LL MAKE JOKES ABOUT RAPE.
You're all hideously out of shape even though you own running shoes that probably cost over a hundred bucks and look tacky as gently caress

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Someone post a screenshot of strava or runkeeper and prove this chucklefuck wrong...hell I'll settle for a picture of qirex wearing his clown shoes at a rap concert.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Stereotype posted:

Also I can't find any laws about strapping guns to drones so possibly it is actually not a crime, even though it is both wildly impractical and completely irresponsible.

I'm almost entirely positive it's illegal to use a firearm 'remotely' but if you just want to carry a pistol with a drone that actually probably isn't illegal. if it's somehow packaged for transport especially.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I love my vibrams but they make me look like a dumb idiot and when wearing them am constantly terrified that my pinkie toe is going to get caught on something / anything and bend backwards and uuuuugh so they've been in the back of my closet for a year now

maybe I should get some merrils but I tried a pair on and am not feeling dat freedom

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Breaking your little toe by catching it on something while running is not something I recommend.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
my lil bro sliced half of his pinky toe off shutting the front door behind him when he was playing w/ water guns or smth in the yard. he doesn't have a pinky toenail now.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Where can I buy running shoes that aren't tacky.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Peanut and the Gang posted:

Where can I buy running shoes that aren't tacky.

I like Asics and they have plenty that aren't all crazy

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

smythe gonna close this thread lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
echi would close the thread if he had any sense of shame. which he doesnt

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
DO NOT PUT A GUN ON A DRONE YOU VIOLATE LIKE EIGHTEEN FEDERAL LAWS AND THEY *WILL* gently caress YOUR poo poo UP, HARD

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
what about a tazer or cattle prod?

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
a cattle prod drone sounds amazing..

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
hrm... automated drone livestock wranglers... herdr. i'll start the wiki once I get my vc funding.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Shaggar posted:

hrm... automated drone livestock wranglers... herdr. i'll start the wiki once I get my vc funding.

please dont put border collies out of business :smith:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jonny 290 posted:

DO NOT PUT A GUN ON A DRONE YOU VIOLATE LIKE EIGHTEEN FEDERAL LAWS AND THEY *WILL* gently caress YOUR poo poo UP, HARD

who cares about federal laws? corpsec is what you need to worry about, but also make sure you have a sweet rigger pod

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

didn't they do that in one of the problem child movies

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Jonny 290 posted:

what about lasers??????

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
FAA and OSHA, and the former only if you're dumb enough to point at planes, not nearly as scary

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PuTTY riot posted:

what about lasers??????

goose management drones. I am going to do this project. I am serious about this. where can I get some drones and some arduinos and some green lasers.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
i want to put a cross band repeater on a drone actually. that would be pretty cool.

e: theres no utub videos of this!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
would be cool to jhust put bombs on drones and fly them into the windows of your foes whilst they rest and atomize them once and for all. ill start the wiki

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PuTTY riot posted:

i want to put a cross band repeater on a drone actually. that would be pretty cool.

e: theres no utub videos of this!!!

there are some dudes that run a "'"'private'"'" crossband repeater here and wont let anybody else use it but for the one guy and his buddy

one guy was dumb and said the control codes over the radio and the other guy said DUDE OPSEC and i laughed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
lol

• Locked thread