Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Divine Blob posted:

any love for blazblue???

also, im really new to the whole stick thing. Do you guys suggest making my light medium and heavy on my first three top buttons and then my drive on my fourth?

Put drive in the bottom row left for your thumb and lmh on the top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I finally got some time to play Rev 2 yesterday. Check out my totally sick combo video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCgP5M5IAcs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nailing people with the anti air chain is way too satisfying for me not to throw it out randomly and in incredibly unsafe spots

In Training fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 29, 2017

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

Divine Blob posted:

any love for blazblue???

also, im really new to the whole stick thing. Do you guys suggest making my light medium and heavy on my first three top buttons and then my drive on my fourth?
In the arcade version there are 2 layouts to choose from.

Type A:

B C D
A

Type B:

A B C
D

I prefer Type B and I think most people do too.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
and for gg
punch kick slash
heavy dust

I assume?

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

K S HS
P x D

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dog Hausu posted:

K S HS
P x D

This is the way

X = unbound btw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dog Hausu posted:

K S HS
P x D

This is the arcade layout but do whatever feels comfortable IMO.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Divine Blob posted:

and for gg
punch kick slash
heavy dust

I assume?

for gg its utterly insane

k s hs
p d

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played with p and k reversed for a while but i was wrong and admit it freely

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Real hurthling! posted:

This is the way

X = unbound btw.

be a real man and leave taunt/respect there

Real hurthling! posted:

same; I actually switched a couple weeks ago. It seriously broke my brain at first but I think I'm used to it now. Gatlings seem more natural, for one.

dhamster fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 29, 2017

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm a lunatic so I use

P S H D
K x x x

kick goes on the bottom row, always

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Real hurthling! posted:

what, no

who the gently caress would ever put kick above punch? are you an alien? were you raised by circus performers to walk on your hands and manipulate objects with your feet?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

what, no

who the gently caress would ever put kick above punch? are you an alien? were you raised by circus performers to walk on your hands and manipulate objects with your feet?

its to press the button in order

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

what, no

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

dhamster posted:

be a real man and leave taunt/respect there

Long time resident of fat finger city here. Do not actually put taunt on the medium kick button

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

GG layout is the SNK layout plus Dust, not the Capcom layout minus MK. Gatling the rainbow ∩

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

bad metaphors posted:

Long time resident of fat finger city here. Do not actually put taunt on the medium kick button

I've kept it there as an exercise in button discipline :v:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

this is a fine answer

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

As far as I'm concerned I hope Bridget becomes playable soon, I have no actual reason beyond a desire for deadly Yo-Yos. I'd still probably just play May/Slayer/Baiken but would be happy to know Deadly Yo-Yos existed.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

this is a fine answer

I think you'll find that this is a fine Faust, Answer is a Ninja not a Doctor.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Zand posted:

its to press the button in order

I'm used to going down before across anyways, pretty much every fg I actually like is magic series-based.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
When's Kliff

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

attackmole posted:

Dumb question, but what's the answer to Kum's palm strike super? I feel like I used to know this but I forget cause I barely play Kum's. Super it, throw it, anything else? If you hold block wouldn't they just charge it until it's unblockable? I feel like there's gotta be a way around that but I'm not sure what.

Hold back until you see the glow on the robot's abs change which is the tell for the strike about to become unblockable. Backdash then.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

do we know the price for the steam upgrade/version yet?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
http://arcsystemworksu.com/guilty-xrd-rev-2-upgrade-pricing-information/

19 bucks for basic, 25 for deluxe, what ever deluxe is.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Deluxe includes the DLC colors and system voices for Baiken & Answer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's a good knockdown combo ender for baiken, hitting j.S D (and the air dash cancelling double up if I can pull it off) is good damage off all her stuff that launches but it doesn't knockdown. Also the IAD tatami is a tricky motion but it's pretty rad to just speed off the ground with a mat right when you land

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Mostly see people ending combos with 5H into the dash -> uppercut which is pretty reliable.
So like for a super simple example corner combo do c.S 2D 236K, j.S j.D, Air Dash j.S j.D |> 5H 63214K~P

You gotta adjust the timing after the air dash or vary up the number of hits in the combo based on weight and poo poo like that. If the 5H or the dash upper wiffs because you were too far away, try either doing the j.S later, or you can do j.P j.S j.D instead.

I think there's issues with lightweight characters and long combos though so, not really sure what the best answer is there.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 31, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah didn't know the uppercut reached after 5H, thank you.

I'm terrible with baiken but her normals are powerful and she has a cool voice so I'll stick with her

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
PC Rev2 unlocks in like an hour according to steam!

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

In Training posted:

Ah didn't know the uppercut reached after 5H, thank you.

I'm terrible with baiken but her normals are powerful and she has a cool voice so I'll stick with her

Adding to the knockdown discussion, 5H>Uppercut is always too high for some light chars to get a knd, and also won't work as combo filler for them. You need to do raw uppercut slash after the second j.d to keep them low enough to hit the ground. Also for big and heavy chars you can do j.psd on the air dash part to pop them higher so your ender will work.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rev2 PC is out now.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I ran outta money like last week so sadly it'll probably be a while before I pick it up. :/

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Is there a master list anywhere of what exactly the Revelator 2 upgrade has in it? I'm extremely new to the game, so I'm not sure if two new characters I'm probably not good enough to bother with yet justifies the twenty dollar asking price. If there's more, though, I'd consider it.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

In Training posted:

Rev2 PC is out now.

The ol unanounced moving the release date up by a day. Classic Arcsys PC release.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

LordHippoman posted:

Is there a master list anywhere of what exactly the Revelator 2 upgrade has in it? I'm extremely new to the game, so I'm not sure if two new characters I'm probably not good enough to bother with yet justifies the twenty dollar asking price. If there's more, though, I'd consider it.

Shitloads of balance changes, new moves, etc.

http://shoryuken.com/2017/02/10/translated-changes-for-the-second-guilty-gear-xrd-rev-2-location-test/

Also, new stages and some story mode stuff if you're into that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

attackmole posted:

The ol unanounced moving the release date up by a day. Classic Arcsys PC release.

THey always said June 1st but i guess they just meant June 1st Japan time because it unlocked as the day rolled over. Thank you ArcSys.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

attackmole posted:

Japan time zones

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
TIME ZONES ARE A MYTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

I just picked up the Steam Rev2 upgrade. I didn't even realize that Rev2 got the full lobby system that the PS4 version has! With this option, do most people hang out in the regional lobbies, or do they still prefer the player lounges? On PC Rev1 at least, most of the player lounges were regional anyway so it seems like those would not be necessary anymore.

• Locked thread