Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://x.com/DreMeMoTo/status/1792756848354800122

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

All the platform exclusive keyblades are the same thing with different colors, right?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh someone did a translation patch for Shining Blade

Except they used someone's Livejournal translation of the text from 2013, except for chapter 11 onwards which is machine translation because that LJ one was never finished. Grand. I'm also assuming they did not get permission to use that LJ translation

Ah, I thought it was 10 chapters long.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Mr. Locke posted:

The monastery was cool but getting 3-5 doses of it between story missions was too much. It needed to be once, with maybe setting a monthly class plan and side mission/meeting schedule to cover the rest of the time between events or something.

Thing is you only really need to do the full Monastery loop once between story missions. Every other time you fast travel to where you want to spend your lunches and tea dates and whatever and move on. Should take five minutes tops.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
buddy i dont even want to do it once

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
I like the Monastery well enough in Part 1, but it becomes an absolute chore by the second half. As the game goes on, you just get less and less out of individual Monastery segments, and the fact that most missions in the second half are boss kill levels that can be over in a couple turns means you spend way more time in it. It’s pretty exhausting after awhile, but you also don’t want to just completely auto pilot it because that makes later missions significantly harder.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

lol, Rorona let's you sleep through the entire first month, if you're so inclined

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Rinkles posted:

lol, Rorona let's you sleep through the entire first month, if you're so inclined

Is that a bad ending, or does that take even more sleeping than that?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

OddObserver posted:

Is that a bad ending, or does that take even more sleeping than that?

your teacher blackmails the guy you report to into giving you a pity pass for the first month.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
https://twitter.com/Dededaio2/status/1792907310785830917

let's go Vivian 👏

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im glad the anti-censorship crowd got this, they worked hard to make such wins possible.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

MechaX posted:

Devil Survivor Overclocked probably has my favorite route/alignments in the entire franchise.

Survivor 2 was fine, but as mentioned, your super secret government organization really takes out the “survival” element where in the first, even finding a place to keep your phone with your demon summoning program charged was an ordeal in of itself.

Plus, it was disappointing how Survivor 2 Record Breaker’s new scenario of “here’s an entire new group of alien weirdos and a busty gender-bent version of your kind-of-rival” ended up being way more boring than it sounds

yeah the routes in overclocked are insanely good and varied. I went for music girl which I believe involved writing a song to unsummon all the demons?

babypolis fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 21, 2024

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Letting you do a "good guy" Naoya route in Overclocked was ftw.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Vivian says trans rights, you love to see it.

Chuds are already denying she’s actually trans but they can die mad about it.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Was Devil Survivor Overclocked better than Persona 5 Tactica

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Letting you do a "good guy" Naoya route in Overclocked was ftw.

That ending is also by far the most optimistic and wholesome at the end, you love to see it for a Chaos route.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TurnipFritter posted:

Yes. DSO is one of my favorite SMT games.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

My favorite Devil Survivor ending is just the law ending where apparently everyone now spends their time on giant pillars singing all day about how great god is. The Naoya where you go fight god is cool too.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I like the bad neutral/Yuzu ending where you defy God's law and make it everyone else's problem

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

TurnipFritter posted:

And Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker is even better than DeSu 1!

Kind of a controversial opinion with some sorts, and I don't really like the new arc at all in RB, but the main story is fun with a huge cast of characters I love so much.

DeSu 1 is stil very good, though. Just saying that, if you start up and like 1, definitely give 2 a shot.

Janissary Hop posted:

My favorite Devil Survivor ending is just the law ending where apparently everyone now spends their time on giant pillars singing all day about how great god is. The Naoya where you go fight god is cool too.

That sounds exactly like the original Strange Journey Law ending. I'm not sure if you're confusing the two because, while I didn't go Law, DeSu fans assure me that DeSu 1 has the best Law rep and route ever. Amane seemed like a chill enough person who was actually working hard to stop God from just brainwashing everyone.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 21, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A Law ending is always going to involve some level of everything giving in to God because that is what Law is. Obedience to a supreme power and adherence to its rules.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The English dub of Rorona seems pretty good, but I can already tell the Japanese version has more voiced lines.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
SJ redux law ending is actually the only good law ending in the franchise

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

That sounds exactly like the original Strange Journey Law ending. I'm not sure if you're confusing the two because, while I didn't go Law, DeSu fans assure me that DeSu 1 has the best Law rep and route ever. Amane seemed like a chill enough person who was actually working hard to stop God from just brainwashing everyone.

Oh dang, it was the strange journey law ending and I was mixing them up.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
DSO 8th day Law ending had Naoya chilling out a bit by the end of it and watching to see how the Messiah's ideals would work out in the long run.
It's not like a Law ending to bring anybody around to Law who wasn't already there but it's probably one of the more optimistic Law endings in MegaTen.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Atelier Rorona kinda lets you loose without much guidance after only explaining some basics (this is my first Atelier game).

Am I expected to heal up my party with items even after returning to town?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Rinkles posted:

Atelier Rorona kinda lets you loose without much guidance after only explaining some basics (this is my first Atelier game).

Am I expected to heal up my party with items even after returning to town?

They heal after you sleep I think. I can’t remember if it takes multiple days to fully heal though. I think it’s just one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its meant to encourage you to cycle between the available party members

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Kingdom Hearts 3: Four out of nine worlds done and nothing has really happened. Nothing to mark out the end of the first act. You go to the Toy Story world, but half the characters are missing because of copyright reasons. There isn't even a proper villain like Zurg, only a faceless heartless as the boss. The first game was episodic, but at least tried to tie each world to the plot. The lack of any hub is fatal to the pacing.

I never saw Tangled. Did 90% of it take place in the woods?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

TurnipFritter posted:

As a big sprg fan, tactica was a 2 cent game that seemed to be made only for something gamepass can use

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
P5 Tactica had some interesting concepts but really suffers from being a 30-40 hour game where they show you absolutely everything there is to see gameplay-wise by about hour five.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Kingdom Hearts 3: Four out of nine worlds done and nothing has really happened.

Yeah this sounds like KH alright.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I never saw Tangled. Did 90% of it take place in the woods?

I mean... yeah pretty much

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
They get to New Vegas the castle eventually but it's mostly one long trip though a forest.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is there any benefit to handing in your assignment early in Rorona?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

CullenDaGaDee posted:

I like the Monastery well enough in Part 1, but it becomes an absolute chore by the second half. As the game goes on, you just get less and less out of individual Monastery segments, and the fact that most missions in the second half are boss kill levels that can be over in a couple turns means you spend way more time in it. It’s pretty exhausting after awhile, but you also don’t want to just completely auto pilot it because that makes later missions significantly harder.

Wow, so I'm not allowed to complain about towns, but suddenly everyone can complain about the Monastery, which is just A Town?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if a jrpg forced you to go to towns 5 times in a row between every battle i would also complain about towns

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

No one's forcing you to do all that stuff.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I am begging you to shut the gently caress up

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Okay, I was just making a joke, but I can drop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
dw I laughed, the monastery is truly the pits and engage felt even worse to me for some reason (probably the dragon shooter mini game)