Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
11/12 - The I, Robot/I, Tonya thing just didn't make a good impression on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I came in 85th, completely whiffing on my money questions

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Came in 91%, if I selected Ego instead of John Lennon as a money question I would have tied for first.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I would grade my performance a C-

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

9.5/12 (only knew 2 of the of the CBB TV bandleaders), but was definitely helped by how much extra context each question gives.

Surprised Lauren Lapkus is the #2 most frequent guest ever. I know she was on a bunch back in the day, but it's been ages since I've heard her on the show and I feel like she'd be surpassed by now

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Hobo Clown posted:

9.5/12 (only knew 2 of the of the CBB TV bandleaders), but was definitely helped by how much extra context each question gives.

Surprised Lauren Lapkus is the #2 most frequent guest ever. I know she was on a bunch back in the day, but it's been ages since I've heard her on the show and I feel like she'd be surpassed by now

The 2016 Tour probably gives her a significant edge over 3rd place

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Sharparoni posted:

6. Scott has been touted as a possible replacement for Lorne Michaels when he ends his long tenure at Saturday Night Live,

lol no he hasn't

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Fezz posted:

11/12 - The I, Robot/I, Tonya thing just didn't make a good impression on me.

My friends host a big Christmas party every year, and my one friend sings this on karaoke as a tradition.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Kind of a dud today. Hannah just doesn't interest me, Batmin never got going, and God was good but not good enough to elevate the first two segments.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I don't think I disagree, but Lisa Gilroy being God somehow just makes a lot of intuitive sense to me

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Womp It Up! Archive is now on CBB World. I had no idea there was nearly a hundred episodes of this, I could’ve sworn it came out so sporadically it was only about 30 deep or so. Yay!

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
It probably took me longer than it should have to figure out how Daly was doing the voice of neptuna. Lots of quality pft off mics during Lily's segment.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I wish the Tony SoNY standup segment had been twice as long

My goomah...

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

the longest fuckin standup set you ever heard

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

so did Scott get his toes sucked or what haha imagine the smell 😂 but did he tho haha

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"I would like to remind this panel - one panel guest in particular - that I have to go home and kiss my wife with this mouth."
"Yeah, don't worry, I thought about that part. I think your wife would take a little break...you'd switch to huggin' for a bit."

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Delighted to see Tim reaching his personal threshold of 'yes and'

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

It wasn't until this episode i realized "goomah" means mistress instead of grandmother.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Ccs posted:

It wasn't until this episode i realized "goomah" means mistress instead of grandmother.

“Goomah” aka “Goomar” comes from the word comare, which technically means godmother, but turned into mistress in Italian American slang. Not sure how common it actually is or if everyone just knows it from The Sopranos.

Tony SoNY is such a good character and I could listen to Lily say “my goomah!” on repeat for the rest of my life.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
also I may be misremembering, but I think Tony SoNY said his goomah was a cousin or something.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Finished this week's finally. Love that Tim didn't realize the obvious consequences of doing this bit in front of a live audience.

I love when Tim and Lily are in something together and it gets real close to you thinking "Is this a thing for them?"

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Just thought I should let everyone know that Dabney Coleperson is likely dead as Dabney Coleman died a couple of days ago, age 92

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Coleperson will just come on to say it’s just an internet rumor.

We need a CBB ‘Oops! All Dead Guests’ episode.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

Coleperson will just come on to say it’s just an internet rumor.

We need a CBB ‘Oops! All Dead Guests’ episode.

Only if they can wrangle Adomian to come back in with both Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Huell Howser.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Just finished the 15th anniversary special, felt messy and long but Christ that third act had me cackling, especially when they all gang up on the Silver Surfer guy.

""How'd you like to be the guy who teaches Hitler how to use email?"

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

kdrudy posted:

Only if they can wrangle Adomian to come back in with both Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Huell Howser.

Is cakeboss dead yet?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Tony Sony standup special on CBB presents please

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Ainsley McTree posted:

Tony Sony standup special on CBB presents please

He was on Scott Hasn't Seen just recently and slayed.

Happy for Lily to have a character that's friendly with Scott.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I feel that every CBB regular eventually has to come up with a character who is friendly to Scott.
e: Will Hines might need a character who Scott is friendly to.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

CatstropheWaitress posted:

He was on Scott Hasn't Seen just recently and slayed.

Happy for Lily to have a character that's friendly with Scott.

Yeah but I want a full hour

It would be hard to make that funny but lily could do it

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Mr. Squishy posted:

e: Will Hines might need a character who Scott is friendly to.

I get so excited seeing his name in the big special episodes knowing he'll be last and everyone's exhausted but giddy energy is gonna make them derail or belittle his character.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Everyone is very aware that Will is one of the all time greats, and they pull this poo poo on him every time because they want to see how he manages to handle it. They bully him out of respect.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Absolutely. It's a very fun game to watch them play.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I've been slowly going through the archives from CBB World and episode 236 with Rob Corddry and PFT made me laugh a lot

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Breadallelogram posted:

I've been slowly going through the archives from CBB World and episode 236 with Rob Corddry and PFT made me laugh a lot

That was one of the Video Podcast Network episodes if you want to see PFT go all-in on Richard Harrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w95KVnq8pxk

Boo.

Boooooooooo.

Clanking chains.

Creaking door.
Boo.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

That was one of the Video Podcast Network episodes if you want to see PFT go all-in on Richard Harrow.

Boo.

Boooooooooo.

Clanking chains.

Creaking door.
Boo.

Makes me feel old this was 10 years ago and Scott and Paul have gone totally grey.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

Boo.

Boooooooooo.

Clanking chains.

Creaking door.
Boo.

Thank you for digging this up. I was curious about the video but forgot to go search for it.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I remember watching that live. I watched all of those live, I wish they had kept doing it.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

ArtVandelay posted:

I remember watching that live. I watched all of those live, I wish they had kept doing it.

Seemed like it was a pain for the performers to be filmed, and more work getting everything set up for video then edited, but it was really ahead of the curve.

How many podcasts these days are shot for video first these days? Like all the big ones have dedicated well-lit sets and stuff. Huge market for shooting your podcasts then releasing short clips on YouTube, tiktok, instagram, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

tbf they did get a full fledged tv show.

Agree though, the filmed episodes are a delight.