Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
They should add a bonus strip club level. Every time you get a cash card you get set into to the strip club level where you get to make it rain on these hos and your weapon is replaced with a wad of cash Duke Nukem style. If you make it rain on the right ho fast enough you get another card that will always either be Mask related or a weapon mod.

When you're heading back to the lobby Bain says something like "Glad you're spending your extra cash wisely hehe."

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

fujifisher posted:

All you need is the basic Blast Radius perk, don't even have to ace it.

The trick is getting the loving mission to spawn. Jesus

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tokubetsu posted:

They should add a bonus strip club level. Every time you get a cash card you get set into to the strip club level where you get to make it rain on these hos and your weapon is replaced with a wad of cash Duke Nukem style. If you make it rain on the right ho fast enough you get another card that will always either be Mask related or a weapon mod.

When you're heading back to the lobby Bain says something like "Glad your spending your extra cash wisely hehe."

...Say what now?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Has anyone actually verified this? Because if they have, I am going to spec out of Mastermind and into Tech, seriously.

Some sperg datamined the game and put a guide up on steam with all the percentages for all the skills and what

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Considering how much work went into this Secret thing and how much less content the game had at launch than was expected, I'm sort of wistfully hoping a bunch of these things (heists, safehouse expansions, etc) will be unlocked whenever the Secret is fully discovered. Realistically it will probably be a single thing like Overdrill but it would be pretty cool if it was more than that.
I'm kind of torn between thinking that's hopelessly optimistic and thinking that if a game's developers locked like 1/3 of the game's content until the players could solve a riddle hidden within the game it would be the ballsiest and most amazing thing ever.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Likely safehouse upgrades are more mask slots, more weapons slots, discounts, minor perks like 5% drill speed.

I'd like to see customizable outfits, I really want to do firestarter in an American flag suit.

Maybe van upgrades that spawn a med kit or ammo bag in there, slightly braver driver who waits 10 Extra seconds. Cool sound system that blasts music when he arrives.

Minimap would be a neat upgrade, maybe you could unlock floor plans to help plan heists.

Golden toilets.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
It would defeat the purpose of hoping for weapon cards, but I would like to buy weapon mods using my spending or offshore money. I just want to turn my AK5 into an FNC so bad.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Well, it's a guarantee that you'll eventually get the mod you want if you just keep getting those weapon cards. Eventually you'll have 2 of every other mod and the game will have to give you the mod.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Magic Underwear posted:

They 100% need to give one card per day on multi-day heists. Its stupid that they don't already. Then they need to make stealth much, much more rewarding, considering how much longer it takes. Whether that is super secret vaults that can't be opened after an alarm goes off, or a "Stealth bonus" on the end screen, there needs to be some motivation to stealth other than "it's impossible to do without stealth" or "to be able to say we did it"

God no. Framing Frame Day 3 is exactly like that and it's the shittiest mission. You should never get extra loot for going stealth - only easier loot. Removing loot when going loud just means there's no point not restarting when things go loud.

Mushball
May 23, 2012

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Well, it's a guarantee that you'll eventually get the mod you want if you just keep getting those weapon cards. Eventually you'll have 2 of every other mod and the game will have to give you the mod.

The trick is getting the weapon cards. Right now I am running on a long string of cash cards after heists that I'm starting to think the game hates me for some reason.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Likely safehouse upgrades are more mask slots, more weapons slots, discounts, minor perks like 5% drill speed.

I'd like to see customizable outfits, I really want to do firestarter in an American flag suit.

Maybe van upgrades that spawn a med kit or ammo bag in there, slightly braver driver who waits 10 Extra seconds. Cool sound system that blasts music when he arrives.

Minimap would be a neat upgrade, maybe you could unlock floor plans to help plan heists.

Golden toilets.

Dress everyone in an ugly plaid suit.

Van equipped with hydraulics.

Custom camouflage, to blend in with the thick foliage of Washington DC.

Multiple underground floors underneath the safehouse, complete with those egg shaped chairs and jump-suited lackeys.

Custom firing range with gold toilets as targets.

A drum magazine or something, I mean come on you have custom magazines as an option on some guns and like 2/3ds of the guns don't have extended magazines

Time machine, to do Payday 1 heists and accidentally cause paradoxes when you shoot the original crew.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
There's nothing wrong with bonuses as long as they're balanced. The bonus for surviving crewmembers is cool but it's not so big that you restart the mission if you can't get it.

The diamond heist from PD1 is also a good example, the diamond cases lock if you blow stealth.

I'd actually like a bonus for missions like Ukrainian Job. You should get a special bonus for totally clearing out the place.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I love Firestarter.

Edit: One guy stopped being able to hear us in the end so we just left him as he tried walking out the front door.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Dear payday devs;

Please make weapon card drops only drop mods for guns you own. I'm never buying those secondary SMG's so please stop giving me loving mods for them.

The RNG in this game is really brutal, it's dumb enough that you have to unlock the weapon mods at all but then not only can you get mods for guns you don't own but you can also get the same mod twice?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I wish we could customize our suits/armor. I want a white suit with a pink tie and a pig mask.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Anyone have any tips for stealthing day one of Big Oil or Firestarter? I've been beating my head against them for a couple hours to no avail.

Zudrag
Oct 7, 2009

The Crooked Warden posted:

Anyone have any tips for stealthing day one of Big Oil or Firestarter? I've been beating my head against them for a couple hours to no avail.

I haven't had much success with either. The best I had on Big Oil day 1 was sneaking past cameras to get up against the house, and then rushing in and killing everyone before they could burn things. Gang members have weird AI when it comes to stealth. Sometimes I can take them out fine, sometimes without being seen somehow the alert goes out and gang members come barreling around the corner to gun us down.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I haven't tried to fully stealth firestarter day 1 but because gang members don't have pagers and there's no civilians I bet you could just play it like a typical stealth game, shooting them with a silenced weapon and moving the bodies out of sight.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
The only time we were able to stealth day 1 of big oil we just had everybody stack up at a side door and we all rushed in at once and mowed everything down with submachine guns and shotguns. You can't treat it like a regular stealth mission with pagers.

That being said, it doesn't really count as a stealth run. The call to the cops on both big oil and firestarter day 1 is a scripted event that cannot be prevented as far as we were able to determine.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I haven't tried to fully stealth firestarter day 1 but because gang members don't have pagers and there's no civilians I bet you could just play it like a typical stealth game, shooting them with a silenced weapon and moving the bodies out of sight.

I actually managed to clear out Firestarter that way with the exception of the dudes in the Warehouse. It took about 30 minutes and is highly dependent on their spawn and pathing. I was unable to determine a way to ice the others before they saw each other.

I was just kinda hoping there was a handy trick I was missing.

Vatek posted:

That being said, it doesn't really count as a stealth run. The call to the cops on both big oil and firestarter day 1 is a scripted event that cannot be prevented as far as we were able to determine.

Shooting dudes in the back of the head kept alarms from being raised until I was no longer able to do so.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

padijun posted:

At least it was funny v:shobon:v

Poor Stalin was still getting money bonuses today :(

Also:

BAH GAWD HE IS BROKEN IN HALF, SOMEBODY STOP THE drat HEIST

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Can anybody post some screenshots of how all the optics look while ADS? I got the professionals choice, put it on my ak and discovered that it's mounted all the way at the far end of the gun and only mucks up the middle of my screen instead of making anything clearer.

Also, what are some good weapons to have? gently caress buying them all.

Currently I got my normal AK(the one thing in my inventory with attachments), 7.62mm AK and the AUG for open levels(as soon as I get a scope that isn't poo poo). Only have one secondary and that's a silenced Crosskill.

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169206327#127430

You'll have plenty of money to try all the guns out soon enough.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Silenced Crosskill? If anything you need a loudener on there.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

abigserve posted:

Dear payday devs;

Please make weapon card drops only drop mods for guns you own. I'm never buying those secondary SMG's so please stop giving me loving mods for them.

The RNG in this game is really brutal, it's dumb enough that you have to unlock the weapon mods at all but then not only can you get mods for guns you don't own but you can also get the same mod twice?

Last big patch should help (now that it's live a second time after they fixed whatever went horribly wrong with it). They'll stop giving you weapon mod X after you have 2 or more in your inventory.

Obviously still annoying as gently caress (give me sights damnit! :argh:) but...better than nothing.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Capn Beeb posted:

Also:

Look man we were stealing all that art I thought it only right I leave some of my own in return.

Enforcers and techs may get fancy damage boosts but Ghosts summon demonic powers when body-checking guards at a full sprint.

Hotwire fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 19, 2013

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.
Nobody knows how to play this drat game. I seriously need to get on some sort of steam group or something. Playing with pubbies makes me want to die.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Daaz posted:

Nobody knows how to play this drat game. I seriously need to get on some sort of steam group or something. Playing with pubbies makes me want to die.

That's a really good idea. Join the goon group and get on the goon mumble.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Honestly, Shields are the most dangerous Specials at the moment on a normal map. A pair of Bulldozers can cause an instant wipe if they catch you in the wrong way, yes, but they can be easily taken down just by focused fire.

Shields, on the other hand, are very plentiful and can just pick away at you like nothing, especially the heavy versions of them with the SMGs. They require you to flank around them, which can be difficult when you're getting swarmed by police. In other cases they are easy to kill, yes, but we seem to have more downs to Shields than to Bulldozers (although when Bulldozers start downing things usually go completely to hell).

Tasers are just laughable.

This is funny because as an Enforcer with Man of Iron aced I can beat down shields into submission, pop Bullet Storm to absolutely decimate bulldozers on my own but if a taser catches me I'm probably boned because my Mosconi fires both of it's shots almost immediately upon getting tased :v:

Daaz posted:

Whenever I enter a new lobby of pubbies I always immediately say something on my mic. If I don't get a response over voice chat or via text I back out because no on is paying attention and they're probably not going to star once the heist begins.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 19, 2013

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Capn Beeb posted:

Also:

I wish steam overlay worked or else I would have screened something like this too. Taser caught me around a cubicle in the bank and caught both barrels of my Mosconi to the chest. Blasted him so hard he hit the ceiling and left blood stain. It was beautiful.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Can someone repost the damage bar charts from earlier in the thread, and can they please be added to the OP so I never have to ask this again? Thanks.

e; turns out I'd quoted them before:

Carecat posted:

Damage values from the beta data posted top of the page. The data anuj found doesn't have any clues to damage falloff, except for shotguns which do have variable damage with range.

I'm surprised the UAR is the same damage as the CAR4 and holy poo poo look at the Crosskill, it's got assault rifle damage.

JP36 and AK5 could be awful unless they can be modded to laser accuracy and super low recoil. Which is still awful.

Please add these to the OP.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Broken Cog posted:

Hm, yeah, I can see how that would work.

How often do you get escape missions doing this, though? I always seem to get those when we come up short on meth for the first day.

Escape missions are random, but more frequently I've noticed you get them if you escape during a police assault.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

fennesz posted:

This is funny because as an Enforcer with Man of Iron aced I can beat down shields into submission, pop Bullet Storm to absolutely decimate bulldozers on my own but if a taser catches me I'm probably boned because my Mosconi fires both of it's shots almost immediately upon getting tased :v:

Whenever I enter a new lobby of pubbies I always immediately say something on my mic. If I don't get a response over voice chat or via text I back out because no on is paying attention and they're probably not going to star once the heist begins.

Tasers are pathetic because they have no armor and you can shoot while you're tazed. Give them the heavy FBI armor and make it a real stun and they would be a legit threat.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Magic Underwear posted:

Tasers are pathetic because they have no armor and you can shoot while you're tazed. Give them the heavy FBI armor and make it a real stun and they would be a legit threat.

Or at least make it a quick draw like the PD1 tasers. A taser should not be shooting you. A taser should be tasering you.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

fennesz posted:

How's the shield punch skill? It seems really niche for 8 points but there are times where I see shields in like a doorway and I really wish I could just get them out without waiting for them to move.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Insert name here posted:

How's the shield punch skill? It seems really niche for 8 points but there are times where I see shields in like a doorway and I really wish I could just get them out without waiting for them to move.

From second-hand experience, it is beautiful. That motherfucker just flies.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

No one gives a fuck about shit.
So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,
Cause shit's fucked anyway.
Shit is run in to the ground.

I don't wanna think about it,
I just wanna get down.
This level 56 Ghost build should be good for farming cards: You have aced Lucky Charm for better chances of Infamous items, double hacking ECMs and safecracking, plus some mobility/loot interaction/stealth skills. The point being that you could join pubbie runs of Ukranian Job or Nightclub or whatever - if they have someone with C4 you get a free card with bonus rarity. If they don't, you can do the same thing albeit slightly slower with safecracking. Additionally you should have everything you need to solo easy jobs as well.

Has anyone tried something like this?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
What is a level limit and why does it keep taking all my xp?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Insert name here posted:

The shield punch skill isn't actually winding up and taking a punch that launches him miles into the distance, you do a quick punch that'll cause him to cry out and pull the shield away from his face, at which point you can quickly blast him in it. The real problem is when shields merge together, you end up beating one guy only to have the other shield still staring you in the face.

AciddTripp
Feb 13, 2006

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut

Asehujiko posted:

Can anybody post some screenshots of how all the optics look while ADS?

Sure, here you go:

Military red dot sight (loot bag)

Holographic sight

The professional's choice

Surgeon sight

Red dot sight

Milspec scope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

This level 56 Ghost build should be good for farming cards: You have aced Lucky Charm for better chances of Infamous items, double hacking ECMs and safecracking, plus some mobility/loot interaction/stealth skills. The point being that you could join pubbie runs of Ukranian Job or Nightclub or whatever - if they have someone with C4 you get a free card with bonus rarity. If they don't, you can do the same thing albeit slightly slower with safecracking. Additionally you should have everything you need to solo easy jobs as well.

Has anyone tried something like this?

Unless you stealth it lock picking is no good on Ukraine because the car will leave and what's the point then?

Lock picking is fine (but still slower) for nightclub though.

• Locked thread