Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I'm reading on Twitter that every team has an interest in every player. "Great guys" exec says. " Noice"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

He's saying goodbye on his facebook page and it just got tweeted by the Bengals official feed
I broke it first :kamina:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Alter Ego posted:

The Pats aren't exactly flush with cap space. Might explain some of their inaction.

B-b-b-b-but Brady took a pay cut!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
gently caress me. Fake account.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

mcmagic posted:

@AdarnSchefter: The #Falcons have traded for Revis. Details shortly.

I knew the Browns/Raiders made no sense.

Adarn is the best.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

mcmagic posted:

gently caress me. Fake account.

It was @AdarnSchefter for those who missed it!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
That Adarn Shefter fella

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I know it's from a few pages back but the bills were one of the better teams in the league for generating sacks. Williams actually had a very productive year.

Back to free agency, I really hope Carolina doesn't get Nicks. It would be great to see him back home repping the Patriots, but I can't say that I trust him to be a number one receiver.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I'm actually really okay with the Redskins signing Andre Roberts. He seemed to be pretty good every time I saw him in highlights, is a punt returner, and it looks like they didn't comically overpay for him.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rap posted:

I'm reading on Twitter that every team has an interest in every player. "Great guys" exec says. " Noice"
I'm hearing from my sources that a team is about do a thing. I'll have to confirm with a league insider

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
I will laugh if somehow, someway, pats end up with a cheap talib 1 year and 3 years of revis at 9

Neither of these things will happen

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

StarcraftM posted:

I will laugh if somehow, someway, pats end up with a cheap talib 1 year and 3 years of revis at 9

This needs to happen so TFF blows it's top.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

StarcraftM posted:

The Lost Offseason

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

shiksa posted:

I'm actually really okay with the Redskins signing Andre Roberts. He seemed to be pretty good every time I saw him in highlights, is a punt returner, and it looks like they didn't comically overpay for him.

He was on pace to be a solid #2, the year before Floyd broke out, Roberts had about 750 yards. He is solid.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 43s
Asked a Jets source how he would feel about a possible reunion with Darrelle Revis. Response: "Hell yes!" #nyj

I concur.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

B-b-b-b-but Brady took a pay cut!

This is kind of a bad example because the Patriots turned around and payed Amendola more after Welker wasn't signed.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eagles to sign Revis and Byrd, Dream Team 2.0

:suicide:

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

DOOP posted:

This on the other hand I could see happening

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

DOOP posted:

So because A BAD THING happened signing big free agents in the past, you shouldn't do it again?

(Note, I'm not totally in favor of signing them both, but it's not 2010 anymore)

e: \/ exactly.

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 11, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Well they wouldn't be taught how to play defense by an offensive line coach this time

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

hmmmmm

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
If #Panthers WR Steve Smith is released, as expected after trying to trade him, don’t be surprised if the #Ravens emerge as his landing spot

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
So with no one to throw to do you just convert Cam to a runningback?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 43s
Asked a Jets source how he would feel about a possible reunion with Darrelle Revis. Response: "Hell yes!" #nyj

I concur.

Double checked to make sure it wasn't @Marish_Mehta

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

hmmmmm

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
If #Panthers WR Steve Smith is released, as expected after trying to trade him, don’t be surprised if the #Ravens emerge as his landing spot

I'm completely fine with this

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

DupaDupa posted:

So with no one to throw to do you just convert Cam to a runningback?

Ron Rivera will evolve into John "3 yards and a cloud of dust" Fox circa 2009, and everyone will blame Gettleman for being a poor Pokemon trainer.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Professor Funk posted:

Manish_Metha :catdrugs:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@ArmandoSalguero: Bill Polian just said Dannell Ellerbe "played well" for "OK" money last yr. Also called him "Daniel."

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
95.7 The GAME @957thegame

Marcel Reece says "there's definitely some good news coming out of Alameda today...but I'm not gonna spoil it..."

I trust Reece to make judgements on what qualifies as raiders-rear end signings. Hopefully he's not just excited about Saffold. :sigh:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Has there been any info on TJ Ward? He's on my Jets wish list.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Has there been any info on TJ Ward? He's on my Jets wish list.

I think Ward is a lot like Antonio Allen is that he's better inside the box than he is at coverage.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Volkerball posted:

95.7 The GAME @957thegame

Marcel Reece says "there's definitely some good news coming out of Alameda today...but I'm not gonna spoil it..."

I trust Reece to make judgements on what qualifies as raiders-rear end signings. Hopefully he's not just excited about Saffold. :sigh:

I don't understand. The Raiders FO uses Reece all over, giving him awards, using him as the Raider's mouthpiece, sending him to fundraisers etc. But they absolutely refuse to utilize him on the field

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I think Ward is a lot like Antonio Allen is that he's better inside the box than he is at coverage.

Way better, IMO. I really hope the Eagles don't make a play for him

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

I don't understand. The Raiders FO uses Reece all over, giving him awards, using him as the Raider's mouthpiece, sending him to fundraisers etc. But they absolutely refuse to utilize him on the field

He had like 20 carries that one game. :shrug:

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

aBagorn posted:

Way better, IMO. I really hope the Eagles don't make a play for him

He's drastically overpriced in the current market because of how good his last season was - he's ultimately a run-defending safety that gets injured a fair amount. Not very good in pass coverage at all.

Also, he has a pretty terrible missed tackle ratio - something like nine tackles to one missed.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
@RapSheet: When the #Browns reach a deal with Donte Whitner, I’m told it’s expected to be four years for an average of $7M per year.

freeagentflowchart.jpg and all, but no thanks at that price. Whitner played pretty well for two out of his three years here but he was also on a pretty cheap contract and he'll be 29 come the season opener. Baalke's had a pretty good track record with scouting secondary so I'd prefer them to take their chances with a rookie than match that deal.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

aBagorn posted:

So because A BAD THING happened signing big free agents in the past, you shouldn't do it again?

(Note, I'm not totally in favor of signing them both, but it's not 2010 anymore)

e: \/ exactly.

I wasn't being entirely serious with the :suicide:

I want EDP's reaction to this

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

From the real Mehta

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
Austin Howard will hit the free agent market, per source. #nyj

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cutting Kyle Cook is addition by subtraction. See you guys in 30 minutes when Anthony Collins signs elsewhere, and then in a week or so when the Bengals start picking through the trash heap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

DupaDupa posted:

I actually think Graham would be decent upgrade over Williams but maybe I'm just higher on him than others. :shrug:

Same here. Graham has a baseline of a mediocre corner, but he can get streaky (in a good way) and string together some really nice plays every once a in a while. He was one of the few decent pieces on that awful 2012 defense.

Cary Williams has a tendency to get consistently beat with occasional flashes of being decent. No matter what happens though, he usually gets mad and tries to fight someone.

Sweeney Tom posted:

I'm completely fine with this

If we end up grabbing a receiver in FA I'd rather it be Edelman instead of Smith. Steve owns but I dunno.

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 11, 2014

• Locked thread