Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Sanguinia posted:

The end of the writeup was right, there does seem to be a dearth of storylines. That being said, Bret's match with Kane was very cool and I'm intrigued about this burgeoning conflict with Vince and the Power Trip... but extremely worried that they were referred to as the Two Man power trip. What happened to Pillman? I know you said he "disappeared," but... :ohdear:

The Two Man Power Trip is the official name of the tag team of Austin and HHH.
The Three Man Power Trip, or the Power Trip, are the stable of Austin, HHH, and Pillman.
Pillman is currently off filming a movie where he's a cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

The end of the writeup was right, there does seem to be a dearth of storylines. That being said, Bret's match with Kane was very cool and I'm intrigued about this burgeoning conflict with Vince and the Power Trip... but extremely worried that they were referred to as the Two Man power trip. What happened to Pillman? I know you said he "disappeared," but... :ohdear:

The tag team of Austin and HHH is the 2 Man Power Trip, the trio of Austin, HHH, and Pillman is the 3 Man Power Trip.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

StraightShooter@aol.com posted:

Now I'm gonna shoot straight with ya. Shotgun Saturday Night is the "B" show, but we're the show that has the Spaldings to do what the other shows don't. Say a man smells like farts? You won't get that down south, and you definitely won't get that on Raw is War.

We got matches featuring wrestling bears, Pan-American Title matches, and we even regularly feature those Japanese wrestlers you internet geek-types love to talk about.

This week we have the positive-thinking Marc Mero, the up-and-coming star Chris Jericho, and a special appearance from the submission master Taz! I ain't workin' ya! You'd have ta be crazy to miss it!

This is what happens when I get bored. Random Vic Venom promos.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 4, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Just wait for our Joel Gertner promos.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Sanguinia posted:

I'm surprised that you would all question Muta and Meng's worthiness to be in the Chamber. Muta has consistently been booked strongly since coming to WCW, he had a singles WCW Championship match with Giant during the fall of the Dungeon of Doom, he ended Stevie Ray's career with the Black Mist, and he's the top guy in Mitchell's unnamed stable which is fairly large at five members and features prominently in several storylines. And Meng has always lurked in the Main Event area, he regularly has matches against Main Eventers like Steiner, Savage and various Horsemen. I'll grant his stock has been in decline and he hasn't brought home a lot of wins in the last year, but I would think that Heenan alone would be enough to legitimize him.

This reminds me of the first thread when somebody was scoffing at King Regal taking up a lot of attention in write-ups at a time when he was mainly wrestling main eventers and fan favorites like Dusty, winning midcard titles and generally shooting up the card at breakneck pace. I wonder if we're doing something wrong here. Maybe it's a symptom of our write-ups not shortchanging the mid and undercarders on promos and match writeups and trying to keep the Russo "everybody has something to do," philosophy so it's harder to tell who the stars are compared to WWF? Or maybe it's just that it's hard to imagine anyone outside the expected box of top guys like Hogan and Sting being treated as stars in WCW.

In my opinion, it's just the fact that WCW doesn't fully pull the trigger on their rising stars, so that when you do like here it seems weird. WWF's main event of April was Bret Hart and 3 other people we made main event in the last year (Vader, Owen Hart, and Steve Austin). Hell, ingame we successfully made Goldust, Mick Foley, Owen Hart, Vader, Steve Austin, Brian Pillman, Triple H, Chris Jericho, and Mark Henry possible main event players, and are currently pushing Taz, Rocky Maivia, Jushin Liger, Ken Shamrock, [REDACTED], and [REDACTED] higher up the card.

By the same standards, your April main event was Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, and Meng with two new main eventers. And ingame, who have you guys made as main eventers (not trying to be negative, just honestly curious since I know you've made some, like the Outsiders and Regal)?

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?
:siren: WCW, get in here and help book Nitro. :siren:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

In my opinion, it's just the fact that WCW doesn't fully pull the trigger on their rising stars, so that when you do like here it seems weird. WWF's main event of April was Bret Hart and 3 other people we made main event in the last year (Vader, Owen Hart, and Steve Austin). Hell, ingame we successfully made Goldust, Mick Foley, Owen Hart, Vader, Steve Austin, Brian Pillman, Triple H, Chris Jericho, and Mark Henry possible main event players, and are currently pushing Taz, Rocky Maivia, Jushin Liger, Ken Shamrock, [REDACTED], and [REDACTED] higher up the card.

By the same standards, your April main event was Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, and Meng with two new main eventers. And ingame, who have you guys made as main eventers (not trying to be negative, just honestly curious since I know you've made some, like the Outsiders and Regal)?

Well, Vader was already main event, we just made him A popularity.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Al Snow is one of our main eventers.

Check and mate big two :smuggo:

:smith:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

First and foremost, we made Arn Anderson into a top tier singles star. He did start the game as a Main Eventer, but a sub-par one. I'd say we made him a star. It's also worth mentioning that our booking has raised Curt Hennig and Ric Flair to A* popularity across most if not all of the US Territories. Both of them were lurking around the B to A- range, and now they're on the same level as Hogan in the states.

It's important to remember that WCW is built very differently in this game from WWF. WWF HAS to make new stars because they don't have many, and they have to do it on a budget and do it quickly. It's the main focus of their gameplay. WCW on the other hand starts the game with a cup that runneth over with stars and money. Our gameplay is focused on managing what we have because our game starts with the Locker Room in a critical morale situation and a bloated roster who all want TV time. That's why WCW started the game with fights breaking out backstage all the time.

That being said, we do need to build future stars because we have a lot of older people in those top spots and we don't want a Real WCW situation where there is nobody to step up. But we have to build them in a way where they won't be pissed because there is no room for them at the top when they go nuclear. We not only CAN'T just pull the trigger whenever we want, we have to be very careful about the pace at which we put people in spots where their triggers CAN be pulled, or our Locker Room morale will tank!

Now that I'm done with the preamble, we've made Hall and Nash into nuclear stars, and Regal, Benoit, DDP and Booker T are all at Main Event levels now. Muta is right behind that crop. Eddy Guerrero, Alex Wright, Christian and Lance Storm, Raven and Madusa, El Hijo del Santo, Glacier aka Mike Awesome and Ron Simmons have all made big upward moves and/or secured their long-term viability for elevation, and Shinya Hashimoto and Rey Misterio and poised to break out in the coming months.

I think we've done more than our share of star creating AND juggled our bursting-at-the-seems Main Event level talent very well. I mean, lets be real, we're about to reach the in-game 1 year anniversary. Sometimes when you have a ton of stars you just need to let them do their thing, not spend all your time trying to replace them just for the sake of freshness.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Sanguinia posted:

-important words-

I think we've done more than our share of star creating AND juggled our bursting-at-the-seems Main Event level talent very well. I mean, lets be real, we're about to reach the in-game 1 year anniversary. Sometimes when you have a ton of stars you just need to let them do their thing, not spend all your time trying to replace them just for the sake of freshness.

I never wanted to disparage WCW for not creating new stars - i just wanted to see exactly who you all made.

In all honesty, I LIKE seeing Arn Anderson be a top guy. I LIKE to see Curt Hennig up there, and I'm proud that he's now one of your top 5 guys. And for Muta, Booker, Hashimoto, DDP etc, it's good to see them high up on the scale.

And I honestly never knew the difference between WCW and WWF in this game, so thanks for that!

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

WWF, there are many situations, come in and decide or I will decide myself.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Al Snow is one of our main eventers.

Check and mate big two :smuggo:

What DOES everybody want?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

A different maineventer

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sanguinia posted:

Nitro :haw:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm entertaining house guests for the next few days, so I'm out until Wednesday. Sorry.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Ask and you shall receive. I think I'm going to crawl into a corner and die from exhaustion now. Again, sorry for all the waiting. It won't happen again.

quote:

You've been waiting for it, and here it is! The report on Monday Nitro, and the fallout from Spring Stampede!

Monday Nitro kicked off with your NEW WCW Champion, Macho Man Randy Savage celebrating his victory in the Elimination Chamber! After entering to cheers he shares his thoughts. "Tension, yeah. I feel tension, YEAH! I've been feeling for twenty-four hours, yeah, tweeeenty four hours, YEAH! That's a long time to feel tension. It ties a knot in your guts, see? It runs along your shoulders and down your spine, see? I crawls into the pit of your being and seeps into your SOUL! Tension, yeah. Why tension, you ask? Why tension? Was it the memory of the pain I endured inside the Elimination Chamber? ...No. Was is the knowledge of the certitude of danger now presented by those who's plans I've foiled? ...Noooo. I stand before you, my friends. My Extended Family. And I tell you this tension has only one source. THE DEBT I OWE TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU! Forgive me if I patronize, but none of you can truly understand what took place inside that structure. Even the most devout disciple of Macho Madness is incapable of comprehending the true depravity of the battle I faced inside that Chamber. BUT! There is ONE TRUTH that transcends the gap of understanding between myself and each of you. YOU gave me the strength to prevail! YOU allowed me to become stronger than I ever have before! AND NOW YOU SEE THE RESULTS!" He hoists the belt above his head before continuing. "And so we return to the subject of TENSION. I feel the debt, yeah. The debt I owe to those who helped me achieve the impossible. The debt to those who uplifted me from the depths and have helped me return to the TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN! So I make this pledge: I will not fail you. TONIGHT! RANDY SAVAGE STANDS BEFORE YOU, WCW! HEAVYWEIGHT! CHAMPION OF THE WORLD! I am YOUR Champion! I WILL FIGHT FOR WCW! AND I WILL FIGHT FOR YOU!"

The speech is interrupted when Flawless Diamonds theme hits, and Hennig, Hall and Nash hit the ring and surround the Macho Man. Hennig grabs a mike. "That's beautiful. I'm serious, it brings tear to my Flawless eye. You're a real man of the people, aren't you Savage? They just love you! But you know, people loved Julius Caesar too. He was the conquering hero, the savior of Rome. Caesar thought he was invincible, and so long as the people of history's greatest empire believed in him, he pretty much WAS invincible. So then the REAL rulers of Rome, the ones who lurked in the shadows and carried all the TRUE power, decided that Caesar was a threat instead of just a clown. A man who is made strong by the people, and thus makes the people strong? That's a true danger to those who control things from the dark. So you know what they did to Caesar, Randy? They CUT. HIS. THROAT." Hall gets uncomfortable close to Savage and slides a finger across his neck. "SO, here's what you need to know. Commissioner Rude and I have come to an understanding. As Runner-Up in the Elimination Chamber, Kevin Nash is officially your new #1 Contender for Slamboree, where you'll face him one-on-one for the WCW Championship. And in exchange, the Outsiders have graciously decided that they will grant a shot at their Tag Team Titles to you, and your partner, the former World Champion, The Nature Boy Ric Flair! That is, assuming he can even stand after last night. And that match will take place... TONIGHT! Best of luck." He drops the mic and the three leave Savage to stand tall in the ring. Everyone except Hennig improvised very well

In our opening match Kid Rock defeats Lucky Tonzura with the US Title on the line! Tenay notes that Kid Rock put up an open challenge for his belt since DDP didn't want it, and Sonny Oono jumped at the chance to increase his client's fame. Tonzura works stiff and lays into Kid with some powerful strikes and body slams, but the US Champ won't be kept down and fires back with his martial arts kicks. He targets Tonzura's joints to weaken his striking ability and mobility before kicking into higher gear with some high-flying offense. Slowed down by Kid's attacks Navigator Ichi-ban can't keep up and soon falls victim to the Bullgod. Kid Rock picks up the three and retains his belt.

After the match, Kid Rock does a bit of a victory lap with the fans, giving out high fives to the crowd. But one fan in a hoodie turns a handshake into a Diamond Cutter right off the barricade! DDP throws back his hood and smirks as Kid tries desperately to breath through his slammed trachea. Page grabs a mike and mocks the squirming US Champ. "I've been thinking a lot about it Kid, and I've decided... I STILL don't want that title shot yet. But tell you what, I'm gonna pencil you into my schedule REAL soon." He gives the camera a BANG! and disappears into the stands as the MT's rush in.

Cut to Dusty Rhodes, who interviews Rick Steiner backstage on Dusty's Roundup! Dusty seems in a particularly good mood given that Rick Steiner has once again humiliated Bobby Heenan "I tell you baby, every day in that announcers booth I was WAITIN' for the Brain to get taken down a peg, and you are makin' a CAREER out that!"

Rick talks about how tough a competitor Shark was. "I'm just glad that I could prove once again that the Dog-Face Gremlin isn't someone to be taken lightly! A real bloodhound never knows when he's beaten, so you can expect me to keep finding ways to win!" Bobby Heenan interrupts in order to bluster for a few seconds, swears he won't quit until Steiner pays for everything he's done to the Heenan Family, and leaves before Dusty can get a word in edgewise... but not before the American Dream gets in a laugh at his expense.

Rey Misterio, Jr. defeats DJ Gorgeous! Sonny is clearly hoping to get a bit of pride back after Tonzura's defeat, but his hopes prove to be in vain. Rey is a whirlwind of springboard and slingshot offense tonight, throwing his whole body weight behind every attack! While Navigator Nii-ban can't hope to keep up, he does manage to scout Misterio a few times, and when he does his counter attacks are brutal. Hard hitting suplexes and high-impact mule kicks to the chest give Gorgeous the edge he needs to set up the Yakuza Kick... which Rey completely dodges! Inside his opponent's guard he hits lovely savate kick strait to the DJ's helmet/face, and then nails the West Coast Pop after he staggers back to his feet, getting a decisive pinfall.

While Rey celebrates, Ciclope appears on the Turnertron from the locker room. He opens up a gym bag as his feet and pulls out three of Misterio's spare masks! AND THEN A LIGHTER WHICH HE USES TO BURN THEM! "I will make this simple for you. CICLOPE is the true future of Lucha Libre. NOT Rey Misterio Jr.! You were fun to toy with for a while, but I've grown tired of your upstart ways. Before I can become Cruiserweight Champion, I've got to remove you from the sight of my all-seeing eye. There is only solution: either your face must be erased from this world, or my eye must be plucked out. I challenge you to a Mask vs Mask match, at Slamboree! One way or another... our battle ends!" In the ring, Misterio angrily accepts the challenge.

Backstage Savage is in his locker room and seems agitated. He paces and waggles his fingers through the air. "Roman Empire, Roman Empire, all empires fall, YEAH. All Mega Powers explode, YEAH, but do the powers behind those powers die with them? That's the question, the question. It burns in my head. IT BURNS IN MY HEAD. I gotta know, can the shadows be overcome? Are the true rulers beyond my grasp? No, no, can't be, CAN'T BE. I stand for them. I stand for my family. But is it unwinnable? IS THIS UNWINNABLE!?" Road Warrior Hawk enters and tries to calm the Champ down, making him take a seat and leads him in a few deep breaths. After a particularly deep breath he starts to OOOOOOAAAAAGGGGGHHHH but stops himself so he can focus on Savage.

Hawk reminds the Macho Man that there was a time almost a year ago that he helped the Road Warriors. Things were bad back then, he'd been hurt, his partner was on the brink of a breakdown and their friendship with Sting and Lex Luger was about to turn into a blood feud, but Savage's advice helped them turn the corner. "I know you've got a tall task at hand. I know too well, I failed at that task myself! But I believe in you Macho Man! You're the WCW CHAMPION! AND THAT MEANS YOU'RE THE BEST OF THE BEST! You can take on those Flawless Diamonds, and brother, YOU CAN WIN! And if you're not enough, if the Madness isn't enough, and even your Family isn't enough... then I'll be there to back you up too!" Savage thanks him and they shake hands. Savage looked great in this

Mortis and Wrath defeat Los Guerreros (Chavo, Jr. and Hector)! Mitchell seems to be in a foul mood after Muta was denied the WCW Championship, and he orders two specters to inflict as much pain as possible. And inflict they do. Wrath absolutely mauls Hector, showing little if any sign of the beating Glacier put him through the previous night as he unloads flashy power moves and absolutely snuffs out any effort the elder Guerrero puts toward offense, blocking kicks and reversing grapples easily. Only when Wrath drags him back to the hostile corner to tag in Mortis does Hector manage a desperation move, tripping Wrath with a drop toehold and rolling him up into the Guerrero Clutch! Hector and Wrath literally roll all the way back to Chavo, allowing Hector to get the tag!

Chavo fights valiantly, capitalizing while Wrath is disoriented, but even after several big moves Wrath is able to power out and hit Chavo with a neckbreaker, then tag in Mortis. Mortis tortures Chavo for the next minute with wrenching submission moves and stiff rib shots. The youngest Guerrero almost manages to break away and make the tag, but he is dragged back from salvation and soon falls victim to the Backbreaker Rack, which Ventura informs us is called the Scream Machine. He has no choice but to tap.

After a break, VK Wallstreet calls Bobby Eaton out to the ring and orders him to uphold their agreement and sign over his hotdog stand to the control of Wallstreet Enterprises. Eaton complies, but gives a short speech. "I won't let this be the end. The Little Guy may not be a match for Big Business, and Wallstreet may beat Main Street in a fight... but that won't stop me from trying! I have a dream, and I will NEVER stop trying to fulfill it! I'll rebuild my business, and someday soon-" Wallstreet rolls his eyes and cuts Eaton off, nailing him with a boot and the Stock Market Crash! He lords the signed contract over the crowd and his fallen foe with a big smile.

Brian James and James Maritato come to the ring, and discusses how J+J has been in a rut. "I mean, it wasn't all that long ago that me and Maritato here were TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOORLD! And now where are we? I couldn't even take down that little Mexican Jumping Bean Eddy Guerrero, and I brought out my A-Game for that one. Did you see that Gory Gurrero costume? That thing took a whole weekend to put together! Well, I've decided enough is enough! So me and J.M., we put our heads together and decided their was only one way we were going to get back on track: a dose fresh blood, baby! So we went out, we held some tryouts, and by god we got ourselves a BRAND NEW JAMES! And so, LLLLLLADIES and Gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, J plus J - plus J - proudly brings to you, the B-to-the-A-to-the-D, A-double-Poisonous-Serpents, THE BAD rear end, JAAAAAAMES WINCHESTER!" The newest James makes his entrance and greets his teammates warmly before putting his game-face on.

J+J+J defeat Konnan, El Hijo del Santo, and Ultimo Dragon. While Maritato fights Dragon evenly with aerial attacks and Konnan batters Brian James with some nasty right hands and suplexes, the real story of this match is told by the showdown between former Cruiser Champion Santo and the newest "+J". James Winchester shows a brutal edge and a lot of physical strength when Santo takes flight only for his crossbody to be caught and turned into a Fallaway Slam! He taunts Santo and tells him to try again, and Santo bounces off the ropes to try the crossbody from a lower angle only to eat a tilt-o-whirl backbreaker! Winchester follows up with a gutbuster, and then a vertical suplex! Winchester seems certain that he's won and taunts the audience... but Santo refuses to stay down and fights back by drop-kicking Winchester into the ropes, arm-dragging him to the matt off the rebound, and rolling through to slap on La de a Caballo!

Unfortunately they are too close to the ropes, and Winchester is able to force his way to the break. Trying to act before Winchester can recover, Santo makes his way up the turnbuckle, looking for the Tope de Cristo... but right after he jumps Winchester rises and moves out of the way. Santo sees the dodge in time and adjusts to land on his feet... ONLY FOR WINCHESTER TO CATCH HIM RIGHT AFTER HIS LANDING WITH A LEGDROP BULLDOG! Winchester covers and gets the three as Ventura refers to the move as the Famouser.

After the match, Alex Wright comes down to the ring to mock the luchadors. He tells Konnan that his upstart rookie Heavy Metal was as much of a failure as he told everyone. "You're a failure as a trainer Konnan! Just like Santo was a failure as a champion when he lost to me! And frankly, Luchadors in general just keep proving that they're failures as Cruiserweights!"

Konnan snaps "I'm sick of your insults, ese! Pendejo, if you think you're such a tough hombre, put up your Cruiserweight Championship against me! And I'm not gonna wait until Slamboree, I WANT YOU IN TWO WEEKS, RIGHT HERE ON NITRO!" Wright arrogantly accepts the challenge, and Konnan finishes "Oh, and in case you didn't know 'champ,' two weeks from tonight? That's CINCO DE MAYO, BABY! AND I'M GONNA BRING THAT GOLD HOME!"

Kevin Nash is relaxing backstage with a delicious ham and cheese on whole wheat with tomato when he is met by King Steven Regal. Regal asks if Nash is aware that Randy Savage has elected to join forces with the Flawless Diamond's old nemesis, Road Warrior Hawk. Nash scoffs "Of course I knew. I'm a Flawless Diamond. We know everything." Regal says he figured that was the case. "You know Master Nash, We have been observing your organization since you revealed yourselves. You wield great power, and as you say evidence of your reach exists in every stronghold of professional wrestling. But no organization is invisible. Hawk knows you. He's studied you, faced you in battle. If he is advising Savage, it makes your victory at Slamboree that much more difficult. And if it's not too vulgar a way of saying it... you've already failed Lord Hennig once. Now, last night I proved that Hawk is no match for me. I would be glad to be in your corner during your pursuit of the World Title."

When Nash asks why Regal is so eager to curry favor when he claims to be royalty, Regal's explanation is simple: "It behooves even the strongest King to make the Power behind the throne a friend rather than an enemy." Nash says as a Flawless Diamond he doesn't need friends, and as an Outsider he already has a partner to watch his back... but as the next World Champion, it's his pleasure to engage in a little... diplomacy. They shake hands.

Back in the ring, The Great Muta and One Man Gang defeat Steve Armstrong and Taka Michinoku. As with the Guerreros earlier, Mitchell is clearly looking to have his sour mood lifted by watching his minions destroy others. Muta moves somewhat slowly, clearly still hurting from the previous night's battle, and Taka and Armstrong do their best to capitalize on this perceived weakness, alternating in the ring and both applying some hard-hitting flying offense. But Muta does not take kindly to this and powers through, crushing Armstrong with a series of suplexes, a dragon screw and a backbreaker, then ALLOWING him to drag himself to safety and tag in Taka. Michinoku naturally hesitates after stepping through the ropes and keeps his distance from the enraged Muta, but surprisingly Mitchell's Demon elects to tag in his partner. Taka tries to attack One Man Gang, thinking he might have a chance... but OMG is not about to be embarrassed in his first match in several weeks, and DESTROYS Taka with a two-handed chokelift into a sitdown powerbomb! He bounces off the rope and hits the prone Taka with a 747 Splash to finish the match.

Next, The Megabusters storm out to the ring with scowling faces to cut a promo in the ring. Hogan and Arn are furious after last night's defeat. "Well, we all know that Hulkamania is completely infallible brother, so if you ask me since YOU tapped out, it must have been you that dropped the ball!" Arn is quick to point out that Hogan was the one who spent half the match on his back outside the ring. The conversation gets a little more heated, but finally the two just agree to disagree.

Arn continues "Frankly, who's fault it is doesn't matter at this point. A loss is a loss. But the nice thing about the Megabusters is that while we are an incredible powerhouse as a team, the parts have the capacity to be greater than the sum. We didn't form this team to win the drat Tag Titles, we formed it to watch each other's backs and solve each other's problems while we were working toward our individual goals. Because me and the Hulkster, we're businessmen. And businessmen know that sometimes the best thing you can do when you have two problems is to roll up your shirtsleeves, solve one yourself and trust the other one to be solved by someone else. So tonight, Double A and Double H are sending a message to Benoit and Giant! Face us man-to-man at Slamboree. No tag matches, no gimmicks, two strait up fights, and we'll settle this once and for all!"

Giant and Benoit unexpectedly come out to provide their answer immediately, and Benoit's is quite simple: "I've been waiting for this a long time Arn. We accept." Everyone was great off script in this, but Hogan's Egomaniac thing is getting stale

Yummy Mummy defeats Scotty Riggs! The Mummy once again seems to be totally unstoppable. Scotty's attempts to hurt him with forearm smashes and drop kicks are shrugged off, and the Mummy simply sits on him when he attempts a sunset flip. Riggs' final attempt at offense is a turnbuckle fist drop, which connects but is once again simply ignored, and the Lord of Eternal Flavor grabs the hapless American Male and plants him with the Rainbomb for the victory.

A camera backstage comes across Raven carting around a wheeled crate. He says he has a special delivery for Uncle Eddy, and pops the lid to reveal a battered Chavo Guerrero! Raven slaps Chavo around a bit more before dumping him back inside and slamming it shut. "This is how I get what I want Eddy. I find out what my enemies love, and then I hurt those things. You love your family Eddy. The way you acted toward King Regal during your little War, and the way you acted when Brian James insulted your Papi and you wife, that told me where you were vulnerable. And now you're going to bleed. So, I bid you welcome to my dramatic reading of "The Fall of the House of Guerrero." This is the first Chapter. And your family's blood will flow... quoth the Raven... forevermore!"

Eddy Guerrero defeats the Shark to retain the TV Title. The commentary team notes that Eddy was backstage while Raven's message was on the Tron, and he has no idea what his would-be challenger has done, and Tenay wouldn't want to be around when he finds out. Heenan eggs Shark on to make the most of this title shot, telling him that this is his shot to redeem himself after last night's failure, and the big man bulldozes his way around the ring in an attempt to overwhelm Eddy with sheer size and power. But Latino Heat remains unintimidated, and he puts his technical skills on display using a variety of snap throws and grappling techniques which turn Shark's size and power against him.

The Big Fish fights hard despite Eddy avoiding or blocking almost all his offense, but his moment comes when he lands a big headbutt and follows up with a sitdown power bomb! Shark goes for the win, looking for a Shark Bomb, but Eddy shows his ring savvy by rolling out of the ring at the last moment so that Shark lands on his back! Still suffering the effect of last night's Steiner Driver, he cannot recover before Eddy scales the turnbuckle from the outside and flies to nail the Frog Splash! Eddy picks up the pinfall and retains!

The Nation of Domination appear to cut a promo. Simmons derides Team X-treme and calls Too Cold Scorpio an uncle tom. "But really, what else can one expect from Too Cold Scorpio but to be an Uncle Tom? We're talking about a man who wasted his career learning how to do useless flips and spins just to please the spoiled teenage white kids who don't appreciate what a real wrestler is capable of accomplishing. What a real Black Man is capable of accomplishing. Well, I educated Too Cold last night. And when he was struck by the ultimate symbol of black power, the mighty fist of a strong black athlete... well, what else could we expect but for a pretender like him to fall before it?"

RVD and Sabu interrupt. RVD calls Simmons an intolerant windbag and says that EVERYONE knows that he cheated to win last night. Team X-treme isn't ready to surrender to the Nation just yet, but clearly they're not going to get a fair match with Simmons as long as his boys are around to help him sneak weapons and distract refs. Therefore, RVD and Sabu challenge Simmons' cheating minions, Aaron and Nelson, to a tag match! Teddy Long seems to perk up at the suggestion and accepts, perhaps a little TOO eagerly for Simmons liking.

Finally, it's the Main Event! The Outsiders defeat Ric Flair and Randy Savage and retain the Tag Titles! Despite Hennig's earlier comments, Ric Flair does indeed show up for the tag title match... but he's visibly limping and covered in bruises and stitches. Macho Man shows concern for his partner, but Flair tells him that he'll pull his weight, and the match starts in earnest with Hall facing off with the Champion! Hall proves a slippery competitor, quick to escape outside the ring whenever Savage seems to press his advantage, but Savage quickly loses patience with this and flies over the ropes with a suicide dive! The two brawl outside the ring for an 8-count, appearing very evenly matched, and rather than continue when they roll back in Hall tags in his partner. Nash puts the chip on his shoulder on full display and pounds Savage with a series of brutal power moves before boot-choking him in the corner. The Champ manages to escape and fights back with some flashy rope maneuvers and a snappy scoop slam, but he's clearly hurting. Flair begs for the tag, and Savage reluctantly agrees to the breather.

Flair pounces on Nash eagerly, and though his left leg is clearly still showing a limp he doesn't give an inch to Big Sexy. Knife edge chops, arm bars, key locks and elbow strikes keep the big man totally in check, and soon Flair forces him to the mat to start working over his knee... only for Hall to jump in and kick the Nature Boy right in the skull! Flair seems to be out like a light, and Nash compounds the problem with a big vertical suplex. But then comes an unexpected move: he tosses a limp Flair back to Savage's corner and DARES the Champion to tag himself in. Savage obliges, and the brawl that ensues is a vision of their final minutes in the chamber, a contest of wills and big punches... and this time it's Savage that seems to be coming out on top as Nash's knees start to buckle. Savage pulls back for a big right cross... and Hall intrudes again with a clothesline! The ref is irate as he forces Hall back to his corner, which proves to be the perfect opportunity for Nash to sneak in a low blow! Savage collapses and Nash eagerly follows up with a schoolboy and earns himself a three-count over the World Champion.

Tenay and Schiavoni are sickened and rant that Nash needed a tag partner, illegal interference, and hurt Ric Flair and a drat Pearl Harbor job low blow to put down the Champion. But Ventura says all that matters is that he DID put down the Champion, and there's nothing stopping the same thing from happening at Slamboree! Once you get the belt, how you got it don't matter. Flair and Macho have excellent tag chemistry!

With Flair and Savage dazed, Luger comes out after the match to rant at the Diamonds for cheating. "But cheating is all you're good for, isn't it Nash? You've been cheating to win since you got here. And last night you pinned Ric by taking advantage of what others did to him, and you beat me while I was blind and burning from that drat green mist! I don't care if it was legal under the match rules, at the end of the day, it's just you finding a new way to cheat! But I've got news for you "Flawless Diamond Steel," cheating or no cheating you I REFUSE to let you take the title! And if Savage can't stop you because they're going to play dirty, then The Total Package is going to make sure that the Outsiders never make it to Slamboree!" Hall and Nash dare Luger to come down to the ring and make good on that boast, but the standoff is interrupted when Hennig joins Luger on the ramp and gets in his face.

"You're a real entertainer Luger. Listening to you threaten my men, I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or cheer for your big heroics myself. But if you're really planning to injure Kevin Nash and keep him from wrestling for the title, the Flawless Diamond is going to have to do something... drastic to make sure that doesn't happen. For example, I could break you. I could snap you like a twig, RIGHT HERE AND NOW." He pauses for a moment to let the tension build, then says "But I have a better idea. I'll show you just how superior we Diamonds really are. I offer you, The Total Package Lex Luger, the chance to prove that you're not a failure. The chance to redeem the humiliation you and Ric Flair heaped on the honorable Horsemen last night, and every other time you've DARED to try and stop us. One chance, and once chance only: Lex Luger vs Curt Hennig, 1-on-1 at Slamboree, for my AWA Championship." Luger hesitates, and Hennig pushes once more. "I know you want to bring me down, Lex. Make your choice. You can either try to help Savage protect the WCW title... or you can take this once-in-a-lifetime shot. Stop me, end our plans, bring down the greatest force in the history of wrestling, the force that's conquered every other wrestling promotion on Earth. And do it with your own two hands wrapped about my throat." Luger finally accepts and they stare down to end the show.

The Main Event and the final promo were super hot, and in fact there was a ton of good stuff on this show... but I have to penalize it. Some of the stories just have not been panning out. Number wise they're fine, but we need better QUALITY. I mean, Hot Dogs, really? Either way, until they improve the number of good quality plots they have running, I'd say this show was a C+ overall

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Didn't they stab caesar?

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Welcome to Prograps Unlimited, Issue 42!

Good morning marks! After a lull, we have some BIG news that will shake up the Monday Night War for sure. Take a look:

Ratings Update: RAW up to 3.51 (+0.01). Nitro way up to 3.68 (+0.16) to win this week. Thanks to Paul from Philly for reporting that ECW Hardcore TV picked up a 0.02 through its smaller TV deal. WCW's Spring Stampede earned a 1.81 buyrate.

Extreme War! WWF and ECW officials met recently in WWF's New York office to discuss a cross-promotional deal between RAW and Hardcore TV. Among many other things, they currently expect Terry Funk to work a few dates for ECW in exchange for a RAW appearance by Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle.

Flash Funk: Terry Funk was said to be impressed by ECW undercarder Flash Flanagan at the last TV taping, and has allegedly taken him as a protege.

British Expeditionary Farce: Steven Regal started a fight with the One Man Gang backstage at the most recent Nitro taping. We do not yet know what caused the altercation.

Working Hard: ECW Tag Team Champion Boby Walker is apparently dating Francine, who is currently managing the Pitbulls. It is possible that ECW will use this as groundwork to feud Bobby and D-Lo against the Pitbulls, though no solid plans have emerged yet.

Running of the Bullshit: Arguments were abound backstage at WCW's Spring Stampede this week. Three have already been reported: Arn Anderson didn't want to tap to Chris Benoit, Kevin Nash insisted on winning the Elimination Chamber, and Ric Flair didn't want to lose to Nash.

----------

Check in every week for the biggest news in the Monday Night War and more!

S.K.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Word of warning to the bookers, I'm going out of town for the weekend so the next set of shows will have to run as soon as Thursday.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

Didn't they stab caesar?

Evil masterminds reserve the right to take liberties with literary reference when making dramatic speeches.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

NewJack420 posted:

After last week I had to see ECW again and did they deliver with this show! Got their early and saw some of the dark matches, we started with Al Snow beating Super Nova. Snow wrestled a more aggressive style than we saw before. Guy seemed a bit unhinged, wonder what they're doing with his character? Super Nova was acting really crazy in the ring too, but I liked it. Pretty good match though, probably should have been on TV.

Next up the Blue Man Power Trip (Meanie and Mikey) beat Vito LoGrasso and Bull Pain. I thought Bull Pain was that fat guy from Europe who did moonsaults? Man he sucked. Blue Man Power Trip made them look like idiots. I love Meanie and Whipwrecks' new characters.

Billy Kidman came out next, he was looking chipper even after his lose. That quickly changed when the TV Champion "Bulldozer" Brian Lee came out. Billy showed some heart like last week, but I guess heart isn't enough to beat a big guy like Brian Lee. He won with a nasty looking chokeslam, suck it 911!

Finally Shane Douglas beat Andrew Martin. Martin looked pretty huge out there with Douglas, kind of has a Kevin Nash look going for him with the long hair. Shane took him out pretty easily though, Martin was a bit green. I couldn't tell if they were booing Martin because he was a heel or because he had Kid Rock heat, but a drunk in front of me got kicked out of the ballroom for nailing him in the face with a thermos of booze. Don't think we'll see him for a while.

---

Paul E. came to the ring to open the show. "The gauntlet, as they say, has been thrown." He announced that the main event of ECW's first PPV event will be Shane Douglas vs. Kurt Angle for the ECW World Heavyweight Championship. "What better way to introduce ourselves to the nation and to the world than to demonstrate that the tribe of Extreme can conquer any wrestler, amateur or professional, in our path?"

---

Joey Styles and Joel Gertner are on screen from the... whatever you call the crow's nest here at the Hammerstein. "We've got the best action, we've got the best wrestlers, we've got what you want, and you're ONLY going to find it here, in ECW. Joining me tonight on commentary, my good friend and yours--" Joel took the mic. "I'm here to stay... starting on the mic today... 'cause WHEN THE GIRLIES HEAR MY VOICE, THEY SPRAY." Joey gave Joel a look and continues. "...Joel Gertner. But before our first match of the night, we've got a very special message from someone that I think some of you will recognize." Green fields... sheep... bagpipes. A guy in a kilt walking up to the camera. It's Roddy Piper, and he looked pissed!

"E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB? Yeah, yeah, we all know what you guys chant, you're chanting it every day, every night, every match, when you're porking your fat little girlfriends in the back of your 1978 Honda that you work at 7-11 80 hours a week to pay for the oil and the gas because your toilet arena's only got 40 stalls and there's a homeless guy in the trough, and old man Gordon pays you once a century, yeah, think you're important cause you're on TV now, well I've got some news for YOU, you want your shot at the big time, well, you're gonna get what you wished for, and you better be careful of it!"

---

Adam Copeland beat MEN's Teioh. Adam Copeland beat him handily. He did that awesome chair move again, too. As soon as he flapjacked Teioh onto a chair, we knew it was coming and the guy next to me started up a CON-CHAIR-TO chant. He nailed him right in the head, 1-2-3. He's gonna kill a guy with that move someday I swear. Asked my friend who watched it on TV what he thought of Joey and Joel, he said they made a great team on commentary, although Gertner did leave halfway through the match.

---

Speaking of we cut to backstage and... "Well, well, well? Look who it is, the man who gets the downright dirty details... and all the sexy females. For the men out there who don't know me and for the pretty girls out there who want to blow me, I'll introduce myself. I am Joel, ECW has finally returned to prime time TV... so all the lovely women can tune in to see me... ladies so excited that they start to pee... AT THE THOUGHT OF MYSELF LICKING BETWEEN THEIR KNEES!... Gertner... Coming from outside the Blue Man Power Trip's dressing room, I'm here to find out the ins and outs of the threesome."

Gertner goes to enter the room and just barely manages to duck a sports bag that's thrown out the door. Gertner continues onwards as the look on his face turned to confusion, the camera turned into the room to show it absolutely wrecked! Lockers on the floor, wrestling gear thrown all about the place, there's a turned over couch, it's been tore down to pieces as Meanie and Mikey frantically searched around, they're obviously looking for something. Gertner went to ask them something but he got cut off by Meanie who picked up two magazines off the floor and handed one over to Gertner.

"Oh Gertner aren't you a sight for sore eyes, we need your help! He's gone! Vanished! Disappeared!"

"Wait, who's gone, Meanie?"

"Super Nova! He's dog gone, gone missing! We've looked everywhere for him! Oh golly gosh Nova, where the bleeding heck are you! Hey Mikey, you had any luck over there!?"

Mikey poked his head up from behind the couch and started to talk in that drawn out tone "Well Meanie I'm af-" Meanie cut him off, flailing his arms at him. "Stop yammering on and keep on looking!" Mikey shot back behind the couch, Meanie started to flick through the pages of the magazine until he gave Gertner a sour look. "Well aren't you going to help us, start looking!"

"Oh right yes of course!" Gertner started to flick through his own magazine scanning each page, not really sure what he's doing. "No I can't seem to find Nova... Meanie why'd you have to take to por-" Gertner cut himself off as he looked over to the corner of the room, the camera panned around to show Super Nova standing there rod stiff with a lampshade on his head.

"Errr... Meanie, have you tried looking over there?" Gertner pointed over to the corner, Meanie and Mikey both looked over. "... Oh of course! There's a second exit out of this room! Thanks Gertner!" Meanie and Whipwreck ran over to exit out the second door, Super Nova wobbled slightly as they rush past him. Gertner still has no clue what's going on as Super Nova lifted one finger to his mouth and went "shhh". Gertner backed out the room and closed the door behind him, regaining some composure and turning back to the camera. "Valuable insight into the minds of the Blue Man Power Trip was gained today... I think?"

This was honestly a mess, some of it was funny but it felt like they were all trying to improv their lines? Just didn't work, try scripts next time boys!

---

So-called American hero Kurt Angle came out to the ring with a microphone in one hand, a 2x4 in the other hand, and Born in the USA blaring over the PA. "You know, when I agreed to come here, it was because I wanted to see what true professionals had to offer. I only had to see one show, the only professional show I had ever seen, and I knew that this was the home for me. I knew I could make this place my own. I've seen what you people can offer. Shane, you may be the king of your little mountain here, but you're nothing compared to me. I bet you can't even name the holds you use! I dominated and wrestled my way to a gold medal at the Olympic Games with a broken neck, and I did it with THESE" Kurt flexed his hands. "Do you think your secret weapons, your trash cans and your tables, that they're gonna stop me from keeping you down on the mat, dragging your fat rear end to the middle of the ring, and snapping your ankle in half like a twig?" Kurt put the microphone down in the ring, and then... holy gently caress, he just snapped that board in half with his bare hands! Kurt tossed the two pieces of wood down on the ring and picked up the mic. "If you think that, you've got another thing coming." He poses while being booed out of the building to close the promo. Angle looked great here.

---

D'Lo vs. Barabas Jr. ended in no contest. D'Lo had just layed out Barabas with a spinebuster and climbed the top rope to hit him was a frog splash when Brian Lee appeared out of nowhere. He darted straight for D'Lo and grabbed him by the throat, why didn't you just climb down you dumbass!? Holy poo poo though, Lee chokeslamed D'lo off the top rope and landed him down onto Barabas Jr.! Insane! Molineaux bolted during the carnage, no contest. Lee grabbed a mic and posed in the ring with his title.

"You two are some of the dumbest guys I've ever taken out! You two could have just walked away! You seriously think you could stand a chance against Prime Time!? The Bulldozer Brian Lee!? But no you two went and thought to yourselves you could go and muscle in on my turf, try to get yourselves a shot at the title. Ten months I've heard this title, and I ain't going to be dropping it to some Puerto Rican no body and the guy who hangs around with Bobby Walker! You two, or anyone else want to take this away from me?" He pats his ECW TV title belt around his shoulder. "You're in for a war." He threw the microphone down and struted to the back, leaving D'Lo and Barrabas down in the ring.

---

Al Snow was somewhere in the back. He's in a dimly-lit room and all we could see is him talking to someone, but the camera's close up to his face so we couldn't see who he's talking to. "Brian Lawler... last week, Brian Lawler, he ABANDONED me. Those Blue Freaks, look what they did to him. Look what they did to me! No, I can't believe it either! He left me. They ALL left me. Maybe my mind has left me. But you, you will never leave me, will you? Yeah, I knew you would feel that way. There's nobody else that I can trust here in ECW like I can trust you." He pauses and sighs. "You told me working for them would be a mistake. You told me they would never understand me. But YOU understand me... you always have..." The camera zooms out. He's talking to... a woman's mannequin head, cradling it in his arms, petting it. Weird stuff.

---

Time for our main event, it's Kurt Angle vs. Jimmy Del Ray!

Better match than last week, the ex-Heavenly Body proved slightly more challenging to the Olympic gold medallist. Del Ray at the start of the match even managed to send Angle packing to the outside, this got a cheer for Del Ray and a "You Suck" chant at Angle, he was fuming. Del Ray then started dancing in the ring, hip thrusting towards Angle and shaking his body, crowd started clapping and chanting "You've still got it!" Oh but this made Angle furious and he kicked it into high gear, it was basically a long drawn out squash match from that point onwards. Angle worked a slow methodical style where he destroyed Del Ray's legs, guy could barely stand by the end of the match. After toying with him for a while Angle finally slapped on the Ankle Lock and made him tap fast. Jimmy needed some help to walk to the back but Angle did a quick victory lap of the ring, running a few circles round Del Ray to rub it in. Dick.

Another great show from the greatest company in the world. I give it an (E-)C(-DUB).

Messing around with this slightly to see what reads better.

Also yes, we where one rank below both WWF and WCW this week :smuggo:

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 13, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

HA, what a great show. Gertner is as treasure just like you promised. Angle is a perfect top monster heel for ECW and I actually want to see how Shane Douglas responds, which is something I never thought I'd say. Piper's promo owned (I'm actually really sad, I was planning to propose a crossover event with ECW myself, but I didn't have any time because of all the writeups I had to do by myself, and since nobody was around to discuss any particulars for a proposal there was no way to figure out if it was workable.) And HEAD HAS ARRIVED! :swoon:

I'm so glad ECW is part of the game now. It'll encourage me to speed up the write-ups to make sure I can see your next episode.

quote:

Kid Rock Heat

It's so true. :qq:

EDIT: I'm actually curious, can anyone articulate the reason you all hate Kid Rock? I mean, is the name just that poison all by itself to wrestling fans for years of overplayed Pay Per View themes? Because he's been a pretty minor part of the show overall and I find it hard to think of anything he's done that would have made him so unlikeable. He hung out with Public Enemy, he fought Shark, he had that nice little tables match with Meng... I actually thought his feud with Simmons around WW3/Starrcade, which was by far his biggest storyline, was pretty good. And then he's just done some title defenses and been a smaller part of the Flawless Diamonds plot.

I dunno, it just seems weird to me. But I guess I shouldn't complain, because those segments of DDP just destroying him with ambushes the last couple weeks were what tipped Mr. Page over the Main Eventer threshold :)

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 5, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Piper's promo owned (I'm actually really sad, I was planning to propose a crossover event with ECW myself, but I didn't have any time because of all the writeups I had to do by myself, and since nobody was around to discuss any particulars for a proposal there was no way to figure out if it was workable.)

You snooze, you lose, buddy.

quote:

EDIT: I'm actually curious, can anyone articulate the reason you all hate Kid Rock? I mean, is the name just that poison all by itself to wrestling fans for years of overplayed Pay Per View themes? Because he's been a pretty minor part of the show overall and I find it hard to think of anything he's done that would have made him so unlikeable. He hung out with Public Enemy, he fought Shark, he had that nice little tables match with Meng... I actually thought his feud with Simmons around WW3/Starrcade, which was by far his biggest storyline, was pretty good. And then he's just done some title defenses and been a smaller part of the Flawless Diamonds plot.

I hate him because he left in the middle of a Skunkrocker/123 Kid feud and completely hosed our MITB plans.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

I Before E posted:

I hate him because he left in the middle of a Skunkrocker/123 Kid feud and completely hosed our MITB plans.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I just wanted to see if anyone was paying enough attention to notice Kid Rock heat.

I wrote the Piper promo by watching a bunch of Piper promos on YouTube and typing a stream of consciousness paragraph into a document as fast as I could like I had just done a line of coke and I guess it worked!

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Messing around with this slightly to see what reads better.

Also yes, we where one rank below both WWF and WCW this week :smuggo:

:allears: Blue Man Power Trip :allears:

This ECW has a lot more talent than I remember: Kidman, Edge, Test, Angle, D'Lo, Snow, Douglas, etc. Not a bad selection at all.

It's weird though, seeing such a small promotion with no one to spare, so everyone gets TV time.

Abrasive Obelisk fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 5, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

OH COME ON YOU GOT TO BLIND HIM WITH SKUNK SPRAY AND LOOKED DECENT IN THE MITB MATCH.

AND YOU'RE A TAG TEAM CHAMPION.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Luigi Thirty posted:

I just wanted to see if anyone was paying enough attention to notice Kid Rock heat.

I wrote the Piper promo by watching a bunch of Piper promos on YouTube and typing a stream of consciousness paragraph into a document as fast as I could like I had just done a line of coke and I guess it worked!

Well, he WAS voted Worst Of WCW.

Also that's pretty much exactly how I've been writing Macho Man's promos :dominic::respek::dominic:

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Sanguinia posted:

I dunno, it just seems weird to me. But I guess I shouldn't complain, because those segments of DDP just destroying him with ambushes the last couple weeks were what tipped Mr. Page over the Main Eventer threshold :)

I Before E posted:

Kid Rock wasn't going to win MITB at all (by the time he left it was concretely Goldust), but he would have been really helpful in that match's rating, and we actually wanted to have a feud involving him.

But I hate him because Simmons was actually having a really cool, very well-written storyline involving the US title, and here comes Kid Rock, who isn't nearly as cool and has a much worse character (and who you admitted will be pushed to the moon in place of Rocky) to take the US title from him. And then you involve him in the extremely good Flawless Diamonds storyline against Raven (very good character) and DDP (someone who the WWF is VERY high on). Pretty much the problem that Cena had in 2005, where the (mostly internet) fans liked the people he was feuding with more over him.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Kid Rock wasn't going to win MITB at all (by the time he left it was concretely Goldust), but he would have been really helpful in that match's rating, and we actually wanted to have a feud involving him.

But I hate him because Simmons was actually having a really cool, very well-written storyline involving the US title, and here comes Kid Rock, who isn't nearly as cool and has a much worse character (and who you admitted will be pushed to the moon in place of Rocky) to take the US title from him. And then you involve him in the extremely good Flawless Diamonds storyline against Raven (very good character) and DDP (someone who the WWF is VERY high on). Pretty much the problem that Cena had in 2005, where the (mostly internet) fans liked the people he was feuding with more over him.

Can I just reiterate how much I love this game? All the little twists and turns inside and outside the ring, the ways we both play with history AND diverge from it to tell our stories and run our feds, and most of all the reactions we have to each other's work and that in turn informs the game even further, it's just such a treat.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Sanguinia posted:

Can I just reiterate how much I love this game? All the little twists and turns inside and outside the ring, the ways we both play with history AND diverge from it to tell our stories and run our feds, and most of all the reactions we have to each other's work and that in turn informs the game even further, it's just such a treat.

"Current WCW United States Champion X-Pac (who is a face) is getting booed out of the building against Diamond Dallas Page, who is part of a heel faction also involving Curt Hennig, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Raven, and Alundra Blayze. Speaking of Kevin Nash, he wanted to win the first-ever Elimination Chamber match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, beating Ric Flair (c), Randy Savage, The Great Muta, Meng, and Lex Luger, also making him a double champion with his WCW Tag Team Championship."

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

OH COME ON YOU GOT TO BLIND HIM WITH SKUNK SPRAY AND LOOKED DECENT IN THE MITB MATCH.

AND YOU'RE A TAG TEAM CHAMPION.

Yeah but it means we never got to see that feud end and that makes me sad.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Yeah but it means we never got to see that feud end and that makes me sad.

We probably wouldn't have kept the Pan-Am title on Skunkrocker as long as we did without 123 Kid leaving, and wouldn't have put him with Cornette without that second month of Pan-Am title-holding, which would have led to him and Bulldog not winning the title, so I count it as a win for Skunk.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

We probably wouldn't have kept the Pan-Am title on Skunkrocker as long as we did without 123 Kid leaving, and wouldn't have put him with Cornette without that second month of Pan-Am title-holding, which would have led to him and Bulldog not winning the title, so I count it as a win for Skunk.

Yay I win.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I Before E posted:

The Pan-American title would've gone to Kid from that start, at that point.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

quote:

Vic Venom comes out to introduce the show, until he is interrupted by URSUS, who growls and then chokes him out.
Pre-tape: Mark Henry, Pan-American Champion, encourages the nation of Columbia to try harder.
Bart Gunn vs. Dirty White Boy, Gunn goes over
Pre-tape: Fucktrain propositions a particularly shapely chair
Chris Jericho vs. Tracy Smothers, Jericho goes over
Pre-tape: Taz and Rocky lift weights together.
Chris Candido vs. Satō Shigeki, Candido goes over.
Backstage, Godfather advises Godwinn on security and protection.
Marc Mero vs. Mr. Godwinn, Mero goes over

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

quote:

Here's some spoilers from the taping of WCW Saturday Night:

-Eric Bischoff shared his latest brilliant idea. Saturday Night is too old fashioned, from the sets to the music. Some people like it, but some people want something new, so he's going to bring them both! Starting the first week of May with the Season Premier, this show will be rechristened as WCW Worldwide!

-Chavo Guerrero, Jr. defeats "Champagne" Chris Kanyon.

-Glacier cuts a promo about Mortis, saying he didn't foresee his return but he won't be caught off-guard again.

-Shinya Hashimoto defeats Ekmo with the Jumping Spike DDT.

-Teddy Long promo putting down the Nation's opponent tonight, says not only the white man keeps the black man down, but the Asian man keeps the black man down as well!

-Aaron Muhammad defeats Taka Michinoku with the Axe Kick.

-Backstage RVD and Sabu watch Muhammad's match and seem concerned at Muhammad's skills, but vow to win.

-Disco Inferno defeats Scott Norton with the Last Dance.

-Video Package: Alex Wright defeats Heavy Metal, then taunts Konnan. Konnan challenges him for the Cruiser Title

-Main Event: Konnan defeats La Parka with Splash Mountain.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
Oh, no writeup? Well I guess the results will have to...

I Before E posted:

Pre-tape: Fucktrain propositions a particularly shapely chair
You are very cruel people.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Discount Trombones posted:

B-shows are results, not write-ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Discount Trombones posted:

You are very cruel people.

We were given pretty strict rules about how to run the B-Shows when they were brought back sadly. Tight-fisted TV exec bastards :argh:

• Locked thread