Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I hope you'll be able to keep up with the new flagchat requirements though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

free maggotmaster
free a-t
free goatstein
free wildmango (my lovely old account that died in the anime ambassador thread)

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

in world war I primitive tanks carried bundles of sticks on the front of their hulls which they dropped into trenches so they could cross them and the term for these objects is "fascines" but they could also be termed "enormous faggots" and basically if a wwI tank ever goes to mars and needs to cross the Valles Marineris it should strap "u" to the front of its hull

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
make goatstein a mod in exchange for the steampunk wedding pictures

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
i miss the old tpaine Troop news story edits.
someone should find the one about the native lady that pretended to be a war hero and had a big ceremony thrown for her but then got found out it was pretty great

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
the effort posts were dope

recreating them in gbs resulted in many crying babbys

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Bring back LF with the caveat that you have to post a pic of yourself irl so we can all laugh at pasty white twenty somethings talking about maoist revolution from their philosophy class fucken bourgie scum lol

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I am going to start a kickstarter so you can buy me some jeans

I'm gay and for all you know I could be Muslim or something time will tell, give me money

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i don't think gbs will do anything unless there's a chance of hot dogs, sorry :(

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
lf's crowning achievement imo: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2882549

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

that's a good thread.

was if lf or d&d that sent 'diamond' joe biden a pizza live on tv?

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
LF lives on in the hearts and minds of us all.

LF: What Is Dead May Never Die

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
LF was at one point the third most popular subforum on SA and host to some of the best and funniest posters in SA history: goatstein, tpaine, getfiscal, iwc, fsad, fedallah, until it was relentlessly hosed with by the mods for annoying the rear end in a top hat idiots of fyad and gip

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

Prodigal T-REX posted:

Bring Back LF.

This is the LF-est post

(seriously, LF was a funny and good forum and I still browse the archives)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

good thread

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

TEAYCHES posted:

remember the time something awful killed off one of its most popular subforums for no good reason

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

TEAYCHES posted:

remember the time something awful killed off one of its most popular subforums for no good reason

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3052528

possibly one of the greatest collection of electrons on this drat internet

Michael Pocelinko, 22. Twenty-two years of dumb thoughts buoyed by a filial geyser of cash. Michael Pocelinko was turning crafty now, though, riding that geyser to new heights, gazing at the arrayed countryside with greasy perspicacity.

He already had three locked vaults in his basement compound, his Ark: One for pistols, nestled in woodchip terraria, with drip-bottles filled with bullets. One for shotguns, surrounded by a moat, languorously sunning themselves on artificial rocks beneath potted acacias. One for rifles, leaned in little cubicles, wearing little ties, drinking mugs of machine oil with clever slogans, "you don't have to be semiautomatic to work here, ~but it helps~!" All of them in pairs, so that they could be fruitful and multiply. But Michael knew he had to expand.

The impenetrable future rose before Michael like a blazon of dark possibility. When the gun stores shuttered forever, when ownership was banned, when the last free men cast lead balls from Montana towers to resupply their pipe-muskets against the swarthy hordes, what next? America might fall, but surely pockets of resistance would persist, and surely the Feds would continue to seize and oppress what crude firearms remained, on and on unto infinity, until ATF cavemen had confiscated the last throwable rock on Earth's barren surface. Michael wasn't planning for the apocalypse, or the post-apocalypse. He was far beyond that.

Fueled by the inexhorable power of daddy's wallet, Michael was buying every possible gun. Directed energy weapons were old hat--vault 4, superconducting barrels bubbling in liquid hydrogen with little plastic castles and flash-frozen goldfish. He had guns that shot spikes, stalagmites, icicles, popsicles, sickles, hypodermics that inflicted sickle-cell anemia. He had a gun made out of motorized dead butterflies that he bought from a crooked lepidopoterist in Sri Lanka, who claimed it would summon hurricanes to sunder the target with counterroating winds. He had a gun that shot an infinitely telescoping rod with a sensor that stopped it always a centimeter from any surface, in case the Feds moved in with commando toddlers that only needed to be frightened away. He had water guns, some with built-in heaters in case the feds attacked with golems made of tea. He had a gun that very slowly grew incompressable crystals out of its barrel, in case the Feds tried to crush him on a geologic timescale. He had a steampunk gatling gun that fired 3,000 leeches a second, and whose maker claimed it sucked blood faster than vampire John Henry. He had net guns and nettle guns and knitting needle guns. He had a howitzer that shot bazookas, which shot pistols, which shot miniature guns made of carbon nanotubes, which shot bullets so tiny they could pick the parasites off a gnat.

In a high turret of his compound, Michael employed a crack team of five-year-olds to think up new possible guns. "This one shoots candy canes!" Michael found a dealer on the Archangelsk black market who was rumored to have ties with corrupt elves at the North Pole. He bought the gun.
"This is a dinosaur gun. It was made by a T-Rex and so the trigger is tiny, because he has a tiny arms. But the gun is HUGE!" Michael scoured the badlands of Utah and Colorado until one day a mute paleontologist with a harelip blindfolded him and led him to a secret grotto, right below the K-T boundary. There were ruins of a prehistoric city, massive and terrible. Sitting on a workbench was a gargantuan ray-gun wrought of pure iridium. Michael bought it.
"This one shoots ICKY BOOGERS. It has a tube to load them straight from your noseholes ehehehe!" In the post-post-post-post-post-post-apocalyptic future, who knew what the Feds would try to restrict? Michael had it custom-ordered.

Day by day, the vaults of Michael's compound grew full to bursting with guns. He expanded them ever downwards, until vault 668817-AF-0Z2 penetrated the Mohorivicic discontinuity and he inadvertantly acquired the Gun of the Magma Men. Michael still wasn't satiated, and scoured the ends of the earth, daddy's credit card in one hand, a handful of golden trinkets in the other. He had to have them all. Every possible gun.

On his 80th birthday, Michael wheezed at the top of the Thousand Stairs of Ngrydyl. The forgotten Plateau of Zynd stretched before him, where a lost sect of buddhists were rumored to have a mandala-making gun of great power. It captured sandgrains from the wind, stored them, colored them, and fired them with micron precision. Michael was gonna buy it.

But the exertion had been too much. The strange man with pockets of gold was treated to the finest sky-burial, and the ravens considered his fat western meat a great delicacy.

Meanwhile, in America, a man bought a hot dog.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Allie Nigolian, 25, was right

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

TEAYCHES posted:

To be fair, LF threatened to murder Obama and got lowtax subpoenaed

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3410173&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

bring back LF

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lf died because it made fun of a gip mod, docevil ran awaycrying because he got owned by the san jose sharks mascot, what is the more dignified end here

and after lf died, gip fragged grover so lf died for nothing

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
LF owned a GiP mod who eventually got ran out of GiP and then DocEvil owned LF, and then DocEvil started poo poo with guy fieri and that other douche from smashmouth on twitter and then he got owned immediately when he appeared for that egg-eating thing irl and then he was exiled from fyad. lmao. the circle of what.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7zPiTHjzVI

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Tsinava posted:

LF owned a GiP mod who eventually got ran out of GiP and then DocEvil owned LF, and then DocEvil started poo poo with guy fieri and that other douche from smashmouth on twitter and then he got owned immediately when he appeared for that egg-eating thing irl and then he was exiled from fyad. lmao. the circle of what.

thats what i said but better dummie

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
im just repeating things over and over like a mantra just to make sure people understand how funny all of this stupid poo poo is

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I read LF daily and kept up with all it's drama but never posted there once I just pretended it was a postmodern novel

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

BUSH'S BRAIN!!!

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Ferroque posted:

BUSH'S BRAIN!!!

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
*gets the Secret Service to harass Lowtax*

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
I think that as a community we've grown and matured and I think I speak for all of us when I say that noonee here is going to say anything that could be construed as a death threat

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
lf was better than a full 60% of subforums on this site but whatev

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
MAYBE EVEN 95% I DUNO I HAVENT RUN THE NUMBERS YET

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

roymorrison posted:

Bring back LF with the caveat that you have to post a pic of yourself irl so we can all laugh at pasty white twenty somethings talking about maoist revolution from their philosophy class fucken bourgie scum lol

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

FullLeatherJacket posted:

tbf it was pretty sweet when instead of having to find actual sources in order to explain to a libertarian why it would be a bad idea to privatize the police you could just call them a loving stupid human being that deserved a slow death

ProperCoochie posted:

the effort posts were dope

recreating them in gbs resulted in many crying babbys

semon demon
Jul 31, 2006

someone post the dude who was like a weird bondage homo and posted nudes. i dont want to see it because im gay its because id like to poke some fun at him

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

semon demon posted:

someone post the dude who was like a weird bondage homo and posted nudes. i dont want to see it because im gay its because id like to poke some fun at him

u mean al franken right

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

men have a penis women have a vagina

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

Where's hardcore sax

gone. rip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPAbtR7h9zY

Adbot