Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Voting for Dio as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I'll allow for more suggestions until tomorrow. Remember: if you'll be voting for a female character tomorrow, that's only for Tale of Two Towns, and that's a 6-letter limit, so be sure to choose your name suggestion accordingly. Two names will be chosen, one for either game.
A few of you seem to like Dio, so also decide now which of the two games you want it for.

E: Formally adding my own suggestion of slowbeef, because :v:

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 3, 2015

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

pointlessone posted:

IT WAS I DIO
For the 12 character name.

Fixed it for you, so that the entry could be understood easier. And this is what I throw my vote to.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Alright, so the names y'all can vote on are:
For either
Shane
Dio
Derwin
Babana
Ed
Dumple
Ginger
Angus
Duane

For Hero of Leaf Valley only
IT WAS I DIO
Oh Goodness
Slowbeef

Cast three votes: which name you want for the Hero of Leaf Valley character, the name for the Tale of Two Towns character, and the sex of the ToTT character.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 4, 2015

SarcasticBeetlej
Jan 9, 2015

ThornBrain posted:

I'll allow for more suggestions until tomorrow. Remember: if you'll be voting for a female character tomorrow, that's only for Tale of Two Towns, and that's a 6-letter limit, so be sure to choose your name suggestion accordingly. Two names will be chosen, one for either game.
A few of you seem to like Dio, so also decide now which of the two games you want it for.

E: Formally adding my own suggestion of slowbeef, because :v:

My vote is for Tales of Two Towns to be clear.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
DIO x 2 combo, all the way.

SarcasticBeetlej
Jan 9, 2015

ThornBrain posted:

Alright, so the names y'all can vote on are:
For either
Shane
Dio
Derwin
Babana
Ed
Dumple
Ginger
Angus
Duane

For Hero of Leaf Valley only
IT WAS I DIO
Oh Goodness
Slowbeef

Cast three votes: which name you want for the Hero of Leaf Valley character, the name for the Tale of Two Towns character, and the sex of the ToTT character.

DIO for both to be clear.

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
Ginger, a lady, for Tale of Two Towns -- though I admit, I was lukewarm on the Bachelors, but oh well.

For Hero of Leaf Valley (Which I wanted to play, but would invariably glitch out on day 10), let's go with... Oh, fine, Dio's good.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

ManlyGrunting posted:

DIO x 2 combo, all the way.

The adventures of Dio and ITID (It was I Dio) sound amazing.

The combo sounds good to me.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Always DIO. No matter what.

Unless it involves dogs. Then it's just too cruel for me.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
Dio, IT WAS I DIO and Female.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Dio X2

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Glaive17 posted:

This.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Glaive17 posted:

There really is no other choice.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Glaive17 posted:

Agreed.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Glaive17 posted:

As much as I like Babana, I have to go with this.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Neruz posted:

Actually he was sort of right the first time and wrong the second time, along with you!

You do not need Din's Fire to finish the game; the part with the circle of torches that most people think Din's Fire is necessary for can in fact be done with fire arrows. I happen to know this because the first time i played OoT it never occurred to me that Din's Fire could light torches, so I did it with fire arrows instead.

It requires near perfect aim to light 2 - 3 torches per arrow and I think you need the larger magic meter to pull it off which I guess means you do need to see a fairy, but Din's Fire is not in fact necessary to finish the game. It makes the game easier certainly, but you can finish that puzzle without it. At least you could in the original, they may have tweaked how long the torches stay lit in OoT3D.

e: Note that I do not recommend trying to finish that puzzle with fire arrows; just go see the drat fairy.

Pretty sure the Boss Key chest room in that Dungeon still needs Din's Fire to stop the moving spiked walls or at least I've never found any other way to combat them.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Crawfish posted:

Pretty sure the Boss Key chest room in that Dungeon still needs Din's Fire to stop the moving spiked walls or at least I've never found any other way to combat them.

You just shoot them with Fire Arrows and they burn away.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
I could've sworn I tried fire arrows before and they didn't work, but maybe I'm mistaken, and I'd just panicked and resorted to Din's Fire anyway.

In any case, you definitely can't beat the game without at least seeing the Great Fairy on top of Death Mountain, since the first area of Ganon's Tower requires you to fire light arrows.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

frozentreasure posted:

I could've sworn I tried fire arrows before and they didn't work, but maybe I'm mistaken, and I'd just panicked and resorted to Din's Fire anyway.

In any case, you definitely can't beat the game without at least seeing the Great Fairy on top of Death Mountain, since the first area of Ganon's Tower requires you to fire light arrows.

Zelda gives you the Light Arrows in the Temple of Time, not the Great Fairy on Death Mountain?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

You would still need to go there to be able to use them at all though. Same goes for both of the things we were talking about.

Weird though, I could of swore fire arrows were a no go on them.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Crawfish posted:

You would still need to go there to be able to use them at all though. Same goes for both of the things we were talking about.

Oh right yeah the fairy gives you a magic bar, hah :v:

Alright so you do need to see that one, the others are 'optional' though there really is no reason not to see all of them anyway.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Neruz posted:

Oh right yeah the fairy gives you a magic bar, hah :v:

I wonder if getting the light arrows automatically gives you a magic bar, though; it's confirmed that that's the sole trigger for Ganon's Castle to become accessible, so it could affect some other things.

quote:

Alright so you do need to see that one, the others are 'optional' though there really is no reason not to see all of them anyway.

Eh, I never really found a use for Farore's Wind. I think I was planning on making use of it when Linebeck was going to do races of the Master Quest dungeons, but other than that, it's never really been relevant. I think I used Nayru's Love against one of the Iron Knuckles when I first played it as a stupid kid. And to save myself against the Cuccos. It didn't work.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

frozentreasure posted:

I wonder if getting the light arrows automatically gives you a magic bar, though; it's confirmed that that's the sole trigger for Ganon's Castle to become accessible, so it could affect some other things.

You'd get other items that need the magic bar long before then, and need to use them too. I doubt getting one of those items gives you a magic meter though.

frozentreasure posted:

Eh, I never really found a use for Farore's Wind. I think I was planning on making use of it when Linebeck was going to do races of the Master Quest dungeons, but other than that, it's never really been relevant. I think I used Nayru's Love against one of the Iron Knuckles when I first played it as a stupid kid. And to save myself against the Cuccos. It didn't work.

I actually found Farore's Wind to be the most useful of the three and I used it repeatedly throughout the game. It was only really useful because I didn't know where everything was and ended up backtracking a lot while slowly solving puzzles though so I never used it on subsequent playthroughs.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Well we've basically reached a consensus. The HM LP characters will be:
Tale of Two Towns: Dio, female
Hero of Leaf Valley: IT WAS I DIO

Thanks for voting, everyone. The thread will be started this weekend.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Totally forgot that I also need y'all to vote on which town Dio will live in for Tale of Two Towns. So let's do that while I'm getting Hero of Leaf Valley footage recorded.

Bluebell - Animal centric. More space for cattle and chickens, smaller field for plants. Max livestock we can get there is 16, max chickens is 10. When the farm gets expanded, the item makers we get correlate to animal products (Bee Hives, Cheese Maker, Yarn Maker, Drink Maker, and Pet Playpen). Has a European aesthetic with obnoxious use of plaid.

Konohana - Crop centric. Small space for animals, more space for crops that can be expanded every few seasons. Max cattle we can get there is 4, max chickens is 2 (not a lot, but enough for one of each type of animal including special animals that can only be gotten from Year 2 onward). Makers correlate to crops (Rice Paddy, Seed Maker, Flour Mill, Fermenter, and Fish Pond). Has a rural-Asian aesthetic.

We'll get the option to move to the other town in the first month, and it's not difficult getting from one town to the other, so vote for which you want to see and which product you want me to focus on for early on. Don't worry about things like which bachelor you'll want me to go for.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Konohana. So we can count the number of breads we've baked in our life.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Bluebell, all of the cows.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Konohana.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Konohana sounds cooler.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Bluebell. Dio needs friends :3:

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
Konodiodahana.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Bluebell for sure. Obnoxious amounts of plaid sounds right up my alley

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014
Bluebell, all of the animals we can handle, the more cows the better.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

MelvinBison posted:

I swear to God, you had better count those breads.

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
Bluebell. It is not Harvest Moon if you're not drowning in cows.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Bluebell. Gotta have cows. Also puppies.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bluebell for gameplay purposes. But call it Konohana anyway for maximum :japan:

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
I was actually really thinking of getting that game, and I was planning on living in Konohana. So might as well vote for Bluebell to see the other side of the spectrum first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SarcasticBeetlej
Jan 9, 2015

MelvinBison posted:

Like we could ever remember the amount.

• Locked thread