Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manyak
Jan 26, 2006
so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Lim looks totally gassed from that wild round, he's going to get wrecked in a minute

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Awesome round

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
this fight is really good. i think that's R1 for magny but pretty narrowly

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Magny not even breathing hard, Lim looking gassed as gently caress

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
magny is a loving machine

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Bardeh posted:

Magny not even breathing hard, Lim looking gassed as gently caress

Lim always looks like that

because he's always gassin

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
magny finishes in this round imo

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
this is a good fight

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
the easiest passes to mount

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

And 2014 continues...

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
the magny army marches fucken on...

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Magny is a god

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Magny is a beast, drat

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
The big fight of 2016 is Magny/Cerrone III-IX

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

good poo poo magny you loving sick oval office

mewse
May 2, 2006

Hail Satan

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Ņ̭͍̯̪̤̳̓̇̉̎̿̈́ͯ̀͘ ̢͉̤͓͈ͣ͗͝E̶̺̥͈̠̐̓͟ ̨̡̼̜͖́ͬ̐̈́ͦ͌͂I̴ͪ͂̆ͮ̐̈̋͏̝̪̮̝ ͪ̋ͮ̓̄̓̓͒̚҉͍͙̤̦L̡̙̥̙̦̙̅ͮ͊ͨ͑͜ͅ ̴̢̫̖̗ͣ̐̍̂̔̾̿ͅ ͣͦ҉̬̗̼̳͕M̖̻̝͚̦̱̞͗̏͑̂ ̵̠̘͚̙̣̮̎ͅA̓̒ͮ̀ͦ̇̃͋҉̼͈̙̥͈͙͙̺ ̶̬̤̬̖ͫ̓̓͒̆̈͛͠Ğ̝̠̲̫̣̱̟̮ͧ ̢̢̯̗̲̥̗̩̫̳͆̋̈̉N̪͉̅̓ͤ͊̿͗̓́ ̺͔̞͚͉̹͖ͧͥ̾̒ͧ̑̓͝ͅŸ̵̨͎̱ͧͭ̆ͭ͆ ̝͚͚̯͇̩̦̹ͫ͞H̛̭̩͕̱̹̺͑ͧͤ̿ͤ̐͟Ä̷̼͙͔̬̞́̉͌ͬ̋̚͘S̬̳͍͑ͭͮ͗̈̄ͧ̅ ̴̗̝͋̾͊̂͑̇̐̅R̞̝̯̫̼̰͈ͦ͊̚Ę̷̬̦̬̣̬̍ͫ͊͂̓̄͡A̶̯͙̞͍͔̲͉̋͊ͧ̏̄͘P̷͉̤̳͖͍͓̎̔̂̔͝E̵̷͎̯ͫͮͣ͡ͅD̞̯̺̪̘͙̝̅̎̉̒ͮ͆̂ͅ ͦ͒͌̊ͧ̔͊͏̭̼Ĥ̦͔̙̖̯̏Ỉ̜̬̋̈̔ͫS̵͙̲̳̮̻͔ͨ̓̂̚͡ ̨͇͓̲͎̺͕̘̠ͣͬ͢S͖͙̘͚̯̤̙ͮ́͜Ö̡̙̼̼̹́̚͡Ů̠̝̞͛͛ͯ͘L̠̳̹̐̓̀ͦ͆̒ͨ̋͐ ̥͙̝͈̳̭̊H̦̱̺̦̼̝͉ͩ̒̀͆̈̿Ą̢͎͊ͦ̒̾͢R̨̝͉̪̩͎̼̋͋ͪ̉̌͟V̢̧͚̫̌̓̈Ê̵̜͍͓̟͔̂͘͡S̶̳͎̯̣̺̻̜̪̽̔̆́T̃̎ͫ̐͏͔̥́

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

fatherdog posted:

I'm down

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
neil magny is good and the gimmick is bad

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

fatherdog posted:

actually it'll be next week when makdessi mysteriously gets aids

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
can someone explain the weird Neil Magny devil posts? I don't get it :shobon:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Come on Neil, demand your title shot.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bardeh posted:

can someone explain the weird Neil Magny devil posts? I don't get it :shobon:

he was poo poo and now he's a serious contender. somebody suggested it could only be the work of dark forces and people have been running with it to excess. jump on board if you want, or don't.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Hey a fighter actually calling someone out!

I think Story would wreck Magny since he can actually maintain 3 rounds of pressure.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

I hope Mark gets to retire off a big win here

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

AGREED

I'm more confident that Magny would have beaten Koscheck if that fight had gone on as planned earlier this year but I also think a top 5 guy will beat Magny.

What they need to do is put him in there against Demian Maia, cause he's a bit better than Maia in a few areas but if Maia gets him down then it'll be interesting to see how Magny overcomes that.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Come on Neil, demand your title shot.

I was hoping he'd call out for the belt, too :( hopefully he just needs to add one more to the streak before he's offered a shot

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

ya

Lim must have really "blown the wad" trying to finish Magny at the beginning, he usually gasses but i mean he went 5 rounds a couple fights ago and was still fighting strong at the end on a totally dead leg. I guess its that Magny pace

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Are we about to watch Munoz lose to Barnatt of all people for his last fight in the phillipines

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lloyd Boner posted:

I hope Mark gets to retire off a big win here

me too, but it's uphill. he looked really good at the weigh ins though.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

manyak posted:

ya

Lim must have really "blown the wad" trying to finish Magny at the beginning, he usually gasses but i mean he went 5 rounds a couple fights ago and was still fighting strong at the end on a totally dead leg. I guess its that Magny pace

that exchange in the middle of the first, like the rear end-end of his offense was some of the slowest, sloppiest striking ive ever seen

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Yuriy posted:

that exchange in the middle of the first, like the rear end-end of his offense was some of the slowest, sloppiest striking ive ever seen

i see you didn't watch any of this card

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Marching Powder posted:

he was poo poo and now he's a serious contender. somebody suggested it could only be the work of dark forces and people have been running with it to excess. jump on board if you want, or don't.

in addition to this he is really unassuming looking and was defined by being unimpressive and appeared on some low name value cards so he became a running joke for setting a bar in mediocrity but it turns out he's actually not bad and is in cool fights

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bubba Smith posted:

AGREED

I'm more confident that Magny would have beaten Koscheck if that fight had gone on as planned earlier this year but I also think a top 5 guy will beat Magny.

What they need to do is put him in there against Demian Maia, cause he's a bit better than Maia in a few areas but if Maia gets him down then it'll be interesting to see how Magny overcomes that.

Lots of fringe welterweight and lightweight contenders would beat Koscheck now.

Maia is an interesting fight though.

manyak posted:

ya

Lim was gassed there too it's just that Belgian guy has really low output.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

manyak posted:

Are we about to watch Munoz lose to Barnatt of all people for his last fight in the phillipines

at one point bundt cake analyzed Munoz as a fighter along the lines of "The only things he's good at are wrestling and punching hard. No matter how much he trains he never gets better at anything else, but no matter how much he gasses he never gets worse at those two things"

I would never bet on a dude who's already announced his retirement after this fight and sold his gym halfway through his training camp, but Barnatt is bad at wrestling and really sloppy and doesn't have that great a chin so "Wrestle + punch hard" could very easily wind up being enough.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i hope munoz lands a strike this time

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Wait, he sold Reign? What's he gonna do after this?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

danawhite posted:

That's our new subliminal advertising. U all will go see San Andreas opening night!!! @TheRock

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

1st AD posted:

Wait, he sold Reign? What's he gonna do after this?

Coach wrestling, probably. He's said that he's still going to be the wrestling coach for a couple fighters, and a guy with Munoz's college career can probably get a coaching job at a school somewhere pretty easily.

• Locked thread