Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Naito's turn gives them a few new options there. IMO him vs. either Okada or Nakamura would be legit fresh main event level matchups now. There's also of course Nakamura vs. Styles and I think Nakamura vs. Okada for the IWGP would draw really loving great even though we've now seen it in the two most recent G1s.

I know a lot of people expect Nakamura vs. Styles to be the Dome semi-main but I'm guessing Styles is winning the ROH title in December and defending that instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Good point about Naito. I agree I don't think they're doing Nakamura/AJ just yet.

I looked it up and this is the first time an IWGP Heavy defense didn't sell out since that disastrous Yokohama Arena show last year.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

naito should have won the briefcase and then the run-up to the dome should have just been chaos vs ingobernables wars. put the NEVER belt on takaaki imo

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
don't worry about the main event for WK, Honma has it in the bag

between now and then he is gonna merge all the belts into one

just you watch

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
How long has Gedo been booking New Japan?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Why do they keep Bad Luck Fale still? Even in the US he would've been sent home from NXT long ago.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

he's big and over

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

he's big and over

Is he big all over?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Might not be saying a great deal but he's had the best year of his career this year

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
he is a good guy to give random and credible looking wins to

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
How was the English commentary for the show?

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I'm watching it right now. It is a bit awkward, the silences are really noticeable when they have nothing to say. Also, they are insistent on hamming it up with LARIATOOOOs and poo poo like that. All in all, not bad, not great. Ignorable at best.

Also, is it just me or is Makabe getting better?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

kevin kelly is forgettable, stryker calls nakamura "swagsuke" and makes poo poo up and is insufferable overall

so exactly what you'd expect

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Another Person posted:

Also, is it just me or is Makabe getting better?

he was throwing his usual horrible punches at least

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
just got to the Tana/Naito match and Stryker described Tana as having a "Hagrid sized heart"

what?

e; some of his punches were bad, but his lariats and selling were muuuuuch better than usually. it looked like he put more effort into them.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
so glad i didn't watch the english commentary

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lid posted:

Why do they keep Bad Luck Fale still? Even in the US he would've been sent home from NXT long ago.

because he is very good at being big. I'm sorry your little super model action figures can't keep up with him.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bad Luck Fale is wonderful and Matt Striker is great at being Matt Striker and terrible at everything else as a result.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm watching the opener in English. Striker is lovely. Dave Meltzer always says "Striker is so full of poo poo that I can't take him seriously" and he's right. Striker said the young boys would look back one day at this match and be grateful for the experience.He also made some comparison to a video game.

I'm switching to the Japanese commentary to finish the show.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
At one point during the Jr Tag, Striker brought up Anthony Nese and said ROH should sign him and what followed was some uncomfortable silence and it was great

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
when is the NOAH tournament. i need to know if chris hero and misu are finally gonna go at it

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Power Struggle

11/7; 1:00 AM PST/4:00 AM EST

1. (Super Jr. Tag Tournament 2015 Finals) TBD vs. TBD

2. Hirooki Goto vs. EVIL (Takaaki Watanabe)

3. YOSHI-HASHI & Toru Yano vs. Bad Luck Fale & AJ Styles

4. Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Tomoaki Honma (NEVER Openweight Championship)

5. Kota Ibushi & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazushi Sakuraba & Kazuchika Okada

6. Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Karl Anderson (IWGP Intercontinental Championship)

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
EVIL

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

INDEED!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Go Karl Anderson!

There's no way he going to win, but still.... go Karl Anderson!

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Jerusalem posted:

Go Karl Anderson!

There's no way he going to win, but still.... go Karl Anderson!

I'm just glad he's getting to work another high-profile singles match. Dude can go.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The first two rounds of Super Jr tag tournament will take place during the two Korakuen Road to Power Struggle shows and both will be on NJPW World. Ricochet is returning and we'll get to see a weird rear end BC/NWA joint team with Kenny Omega and Chase Owens.

NJPW Road to Power Struggle from Korakuen Hall
Saturday, October 24th at 5:30 EDT

Super Jr. Tag Tournament Rd 1:Time Splitters vs. Ricochet and Matt Sydal
Super Jr. Tag Tournament Rd 1:Mascara Dorada and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Young Bucks
Super Jr. Tag Tournament Rd 1:RPG Vice vs. Kenny Omega and Chase Owens
Super Jr. Tag Tournament Rd 1:Jushin Liger and Tiger Mask vs. reDRagon
Tanahashi, Robinson, and Honma vs. CHAOS (Okada, Ishii, and Gedo)
CHAOS (Nakamura, YTR, Saku, and YOSHI) vs. Bullet Club (MGKA, Gallows, Fale, Tonga)
Makabe, Shibata, Goto, and Captain vs. Komatsu, Tonga, Finlay, and White

I'm assuming the order of these matches will be changed, just posting the preliminary card from the website. Second rd will be at the second Korakuen show and as mentioned the Finals will be at Power Struggle. For the past three years the tournament has ended before Power Struggle and the winners got their title match on that show, I wonder if this means the title shot will occur at WK10 instead of another four way clusterfuck opener?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I'm wondering if they're planning on doing Ibushi vs. Nakamura for the IC again at the Dome given Ibushi's Power Struggle positioning

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

I'm wondering if they're planning on doing Ibushi vs. Nakamura for the IC again at the Dome given Ibushi's Power Struggle positioning

I wasn't even thinking of that but yeah I could see that since him pinning Saku seems like the obvious outcome of that match. It would make sense but Im not sure what I think of repeating the same two big matches from WK9 with the other guy going over this time.

NickRoweFillea posted:

when is the NOAH tournament. i need to know if chris hero and misu are finally gonna go at it

Starts the 16th but as you see they're in different blocks.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Oct 13, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I know it's kinda SOP for them but I'm not a fan of a guy having a lovely G1, losing his last singles match and then getting one pin and being set up to challenge for the IC.

edit: also not at all sure he would be going over if they do book that match...

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Oct 13, 2015

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Spermgod posted:

Power Struggle

11/7; 1:00 AM PST/4:00 AM EST

1. (Super Jr. Tag Tournament 2015 Finals) TBD vs. TBD

2. Hirooki Goto vs. EVIL (Takaaki Watanabe)

3. YOSHI-HASHI & Toru Yano vs. Bad Luck Fale & AJ Styles

4. Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Tomoaki Honma (NEVER Openweight Championship)

5. Kota Ibushi & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazushi Sakuraba & Kazuchika Okada

6. Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Karl Anderson (IWGP Intercontinental Championship)

Huh. Not how I expected things to go.

Ricochet and Sydal are winning the tag league, 100% percent. That's looking like a lock. Styles pins YH. Goto probably pins EVIL...unless EVIL is challenging for the NEVER or IC title. Ishii is beating Honma, then EVIL comes out and challenges him for the NEVER title. Or Ibushi can after he beats Sakuraba. Nakamura beats Anderson...

Wrestle Kingdom is gonna be a lot more clear after this PPV.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Seems absurd to pin Watanabe in his first big match, especially against someone they don't mind beating over and over like Goto

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

oatgan posted:

Seems absurd to pin Watanabe in his first big match, especially against someone they don't mind beating over and over like Goto

Watanabe wins with shenanigans, Shibata/Goto vs. Los Ingobernables at WK.

English commentary wasn't the worst, but I'll watch Japanese next time. Striker said something about a "fighting spirit meter" building up with each kickout, like in a video game where your health goes from red to green.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Watanabe has returned from the United States as

EVIL

this owns

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I guess people think AJ challenging for the IC is a super obvious thing given that lineup. All the rumblings are about him defending the ROH title though so I dunno

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ROH could always do a gently caress finish, but Final Battle just seems like such a logical time for them to do a change. They'd even still have Lethal as TV champ for 600+ days to main event shows Styles can't make. Plus NJPW would obviously rather have an established guy defending a title on their card than Jay Lethal.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 13, 2015

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I hope Naito challenges for the ROH title just so everything goes full circle

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Naito said Watanabe isn't his pareja. His pareja speaks Spanish.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Not sure where she found this but according to @peskyyy Naito said that EVIL(Watanabe) wasn't his REAL partner and hinted towards Sombre's arrival in NJPW:

@peskyyy posted:

also i think naito said watanabe wasn't his pareja that he was talking about lmfaoooooo

i think he said he wanted to show off for his pareja and if his pareja was there he would have spoke spanish

btw the pareja is la sombra

so basicaly from what i can understand naito said his earlob hurts or something so he's taking the power struggle tour off.....

wanatabe isn't the pareja he was talking about. think he said he sends his best regards to him. the pareja speaks spanish.

then he said juice robinson couldn't even say hello (HOLA) but his pareja can and then he asks do you know his hame?

i don't know what la sombra is doing on nov 11th but i wouldn't be shocked if we see him show up

so basically i'm calling the wk10 match to be naito, EVIL, la sombra vs shibata, goto, ibushi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
Dad and baby looking fresh for press conference

• Locked thread