Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Someone mail one of those cards to every member of the 2015 Rangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

That is beautiful

We really need to figure out how to print animated gifs for stuff like this.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Inspector_666 posted:

We really need to figure out how to print animated gifs for stuff like this.

The card is a flip book. Or some of those weird textured polymers that change pictures when you look at it from a different angle.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Salvor_Hardin posted:

The card is a flip book. Or some of those weird textured polymers that change pictures when you look at it from a different angle.

I would buy a lenticular of the bat flip in a heartbeat.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
N: Padres ship Despaigne to Orioles.

V: Good, the Giants could never hit him.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

N: Padres ship Despaigne to Orioles.

But... but...

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Sooooo... Is he actually any good? The Stat line would suggest kinda eh, but I don't know how much of that is him and how much was the Padres.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Artix posted:

Sooooo... Is he actually any good? The Stat line would suggest kinda eh, but I don't know how much of that is him and how much was the Padres.

Wild control but is a serviceable long reliever type dude.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I remember him having a bafflingly slow curveball, that also didn't really fool anybody

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ALFbrot posted:

I remember him having a bafflingly slow curveball, that also didn't really fool anybody

It's basically an eephus

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6479266/v34672333

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

(it was deleted pretty quickly)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
What am i missing?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

IcePhoenix posted:

(it was deleted pretty quickly)
why was it deleted?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Yeah I'm not seeing it either

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!
Took me a while, but the infield dirt is dragged in some interesting shapes.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I saw that part but figured I was just being immature, I mean there are circles around where the bases go

Also kinda looks like one in the infield grass between first base and the mound

e: oh that's a hose

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

maximizing tip-to-tip efficiency

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/694989854921396225

:rip: "sliding pits"

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Pirates' grounds crew are just having fun out there, Brett Favre style

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

I doubt this significantly decreases the chance that Tulo hurts himself.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

will_colorado posted:

I doubt this significantly decreases the chance that Tulo hurts himself.

It won't change the chance of Tulo getting hurt at all because he's gonna get hurt in ST

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eephus is interesting because it's almost impossible to throw for a strike, so you're basically trading 1 ball in the hopes that your devastating heat and mind games will gently caress with the batters eye.

And then there's this possible outcome if you go back to the well too much.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

That 108 year old Mariners fan who got to throw out a first pitch got her own baseball card:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b..._medium=twitter

That rules.

Spoeank posted:

It won't change the chance of Tulo getting hurt at all because he's gonna get hurt in ST

Would not surprise me at all.

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 5, 2016

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Who the hell is paying $100 for spring training tickets?

http://www.vividseats.com/mlb-baseball/los-angeles-angels-of-anaheim-tickets/angels-vs-sf-giants-3-12-1952290.html

gently caress off, stop this poo poo.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bumming Your Scene posted:

http://www.vividseats.com/mlb-baseball/los-angeles-angels-of-anaheim-tickets/angels-vs-sf-giants-3-12-1952290.html

I remember when Giants tickets were $12 for third base box seats and barely anyone showed up. And that was the year they signed Barry Bonds.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Bumming Your Scene posted:

without looking its either a cubs or a giants fan

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
They should structure Spring Training games like independent league venues. Pay a set fee and it's all you can drink/eat.

I miss Madison Mallards games.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Popete posted:

They should structure Spring Training games like independent league venues. Pay a set fee and it's all you can drink/eat.

I miss Madison Mallards games.

Mallards are a college instructional team. It's cheap because dudes gently caress up basic grounders and fly balls regularly. The duck blind (the all you can drink area) gets so packed you can't even watch the bad baseball if you want to, so you're pretty much just going to get day drunk, and there's better ways to do that on Madison. Plus the duck blind is 50 bucks now. I like to pay 8 for seats on the 1st base line and then spend the 42 difference on beers, which is still enough to get nice and hosed up.

Just a tip in case you're gonna be up here at all this summer ;).

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'll be up there for my brothers wedding so I might hit up a game with a group of friends who will all be in town. I think I paid like $30 for the duck blind a couple years ago, it was a lot of fun but yeah it gets crowded.

The stadium and field is really nice and there is no bad view though. When I was playing rec league in Madison we got to play a few games at their field and it was way nicer then the local high schools or communal parks. The grass played very quick and the dimensions were pretty small. I remember one dude on crushed one center left against us, the only homerun I saw in that league.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Mallards are a college instructional team. It's cheap because dudes gently caress up basic grounders and fly balls regularly. The duck blind (the all you can drink area) gets so packed you can't even watch the bad baseball if you want to, so you're pretty much just going to get day drunk, and there's better ways to do that on Madison. Plus the duck blind is 50 bucks now. I like to pay 8 for seats on the 1st base line and then spend the 42 difference on beers, which is still enough to get nice and hosed up.

Just a tip in case you're gonna be up here at all this summer ;).

Does Lakeshore or Kenosha have something akin to that?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Infidel Castro posted:

They both do. They're all Northwoods league.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

They both do. They're all Northwoods league.

I may have to make it to a game this summer then. Mequon is only about a 15 minute drive for me.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
It's p great. You get to laugh at burly college kids missing playa that you may very well have made yourself, see them figuring out the wood bats, get really drunk, and the worst seats are still only 10 rows from the infield. And, at least at the duck pond, there's funnel cakes.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Here's an article about the play by play guys and how hard it is to get a major league (broadcasting) callup.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
According to The Internet™, the D'Backs have interest in Tyler Clippard.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Infidel Castro posted:

Kenosha has the Kingfish in a nice little ballpark just south of downtown Kenosha. Games are really cool, and they are hosting the All-Star game and Home Run Derby this year! And as a bonus, they are trying to get permission to blast dingers into Lake Michigan off of a pier for the home run derby.

http://northwoodsleague.com/kenosha-kingfish/2016/01/07/kingfish-host-2016-northwoods-league-star-game/

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Kenosha has the Kingfish in a nice little ballpark just south of downtown Kenosha. Games are really cool, and they are hosting the All-Star game and Home Run Derby this year! And as a bonus, they are trying to get permission to blast dingers into Lake Michigan off of a pier for the home run derby.

http://northwoodsleague.com/kenosha-kingfish/2016/01/07/kingfish-host-2016-northwoods-league-star-game/

That is so loving 'sconsin. NWL understands the true spirit of baseball (drunk, stale nachos, stylish dingers).

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
News:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPtxy1_bI5Y&t=17s

Views:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
One person died in the collapse and 2 are in the hospital, but I feel like that's about the best possible way for that thing to have come down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-04/jose-canseco-is-tweeting-about-the-bank-of-japan-s-negative-rates-he-is-not-a-fan

Jose Canseco just read his first Krugman and wants to warn the world about about the perils of liquidity traps.

• Locked thread