Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Jedit posted:

As you may have noticed, I didn't say anything yesterday except voting. This is because I was silenced on Night 0.

[KB quote here]

What a coincidence.

Jed, can you talk about this a little bit more? I don't mean about the mechanics, but more your gut reaction etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

:iamafag:

Realtalk, I actually just got lucky, I didn't have any kind of alignment read on chores,. I was on break at work and saw an opportunity in Bloodbath Mafia to finally be a part of a turbo. Worked out, though! :toot:

Is this for the flyby -2? Isn't it a little hypocritical to make a flyby vote in response to a flyby vote?

it's actually just...because

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jedit posted:

As you may have noticed, I didn't say anything yesterday except voting. This is because I was silenced on Night 0.

What a coincidence.

You realize I posted that before we had roles right?

So you are positing that I predicted some kind of silencing role would exist in this game and would be assigned to me, predicted my alignment would be different then yours such that it would be worthwhile to do so, and then wasted said silencing role on someone who never posts?

So you are claiming I'm psychic, but really really dumb and wasteful with my abilities?

##vote Jedit

I now have many different reasons to vote you. :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hey ya know what's really easy

everyone in game, please post the following

"I am not silenced."

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

lets all get ourselves modkilled since theres no bloodbath.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

u first

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Kashuno posted:

"I am not silenced."

I'm silenced right now :ssh:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Let's do this.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Day 1 has begun!

Good luck and have fun everyone!

These posts were less then an hour apart. Among other things, I'm also not sure there was really a day 0 in this game. If so, it occurred in a very very small window and not everyone would necessarily be around for it. So if it turns out that somehow Jedit isn't lying, which I think is highly unlikely, then we can narrow the list of suspects based on that I guess. Someone who was around at the appropriate time who was dumb enough to waste a silence power on someone who doesn't talk.

I think Jedit lying is more likely.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

"I am not silenced."

Obviously, I am not silenced.

GulagDolls posted:

Yeah, false advertising.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I have reason to believe that the silence mechanic is fake as well, but I am waiting for mod confirmation

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i am silenced

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My guess for scum team.

CCKeane
GulagDolls/Jedit
Asiina

namaste

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Make that CCKeane/Poque

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I am not silenced, despite everyone's best wishes.

A Night 0 silence feels like a real dick move, but I'm not sure if it's the kind of dick move that would get put in a role madness game or not.

Kashuno posted:

I have reason to believe that the silence mechanic is fake as well, but I am waiting for mod confirmation
If this is true, I'm probably voting Jedit today.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
mod wont confirm it for me so whatev

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Maybe Tobbs is silenced?!?!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I don't gently caress around with posting restriction bullshit and never have. I especially don't do it when I've just been called out for lurking by an rear end in a top hat who in our most recent game together admitted deliberately trying to tilt me by relentlessly tunnelling me.

And yeah, KB, I did realise that you posted before roles went out after the fact, which is why I'm not voting you now I can do something other than vote. But until a Town Silencer is flipped, you must realise that you have been made to look bad - either because you are bad, or because your attempts to push me again have inadvertently left you wide open to accusations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

You expected a mod to confirm the existence of an unusual role in the game?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I am not silenced, and I'm disgusted that Kash is trying to kill a mod confirmed townie.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jedit posted:

I don't gently caress around with posting restriction bullshit and never have. I especially don't do it when I've just been called out for lurking by an rear end in a top hat who in our most recent game together admitted deliberately trying to tilt me by relentlessly tunnelling me.

What I know about me, yes, I tried to get your goat, but I didn't do it by name calling. What I know about you, you have now called me names in two games straight. One of us has the high ground here, and it isn't you. ;) Also, for the record, you were scum in that game, and are acting the same way here in these two posts I have to read from you, as you did there. So now I have meta reasons to vote you as well.

Jedit posted:

And yeah, KB, I did realise that you posted before roles went out after the fact, which is why I'm not voting you now I can do something other than vote. But until a Town Silencer is flipped, you must realise that you have been made to look bad - either because you are bad, or because your attempts to push me again have inadvertently left you wide open to accusations.

Well, if you realize that I posted that before roles went out, you would realize that I don't look bad for posting that. That post has almost nothing to do with the game at all, other then me basically being sick of lurkers ruining games and announcing my policy about that before game start. You have a problem with your logic. Again, consistent with your scum performance in the previous mentioned game.

Also, notice the bold, he kept trying to push this weird thing that I was scummy in our last game for going after him when he was in fact scum. This seems like a callback to that to me.

---

Jedit, why does someone with a silencer role target someone who doesn't post? This isn't even a controversial opinion, you yourself said in our last game that you definitely don't post in the early game. Why would someone waste their role on you if it exists?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

You expected a mod to confirm the existence of an unusual role in the game?

for reasons, yes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If there is really a silencer role, these are the people who have yet to post today who could still be silenced I guess:

chaoslord
JimsonTheBetrayer

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I'm silenced.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

King Burgundy posted:

If there is really a silencer role, these are the people who have yet to post today who could still be silenced I guess:

chaoslord
JimsonTheBetrayer

or it's just a n0 thing. or by "night zero" it's really just an action you can use at any time that isn't announced to the thread and the user just used it immediately

Jedit did your silence specifically say anything about night zero or was it just the timing?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

King Burgundy posted:

Jedit, why does someone with a silencer role target someone who doesn't post? This isn't even a controversial opinion, you yourself said in our last game that you definitely don't post in the early game. Why would someone waste their role on you if it exists?

Because then the target has no comeback to it. if it's real it's a really mean role that I kind of love and i would absolutely use it on somebody whose meta is to sit back and lurk because then nobody believes them when they were like "oh it was because of an action" the next day

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
day 2 setup spec after a d1 turbo is the best setup spec

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

chaoslord
JimsonTheBetrayer

Not it

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

or it's just a n0 thing. or by "night zero" it's really just an action you can use at any time that isn't announced to the thread and the user just used it immediately

Jedit did your silence specifically say anything about night zero or was it just the timing?

Poque. Jedit made the first post of the day, in the same minute as Tobbs D1 started post.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

Because then the target has no comeback to it. if it's real it's a really mean role that I kind of love and i would absolutely use it on somebody whose meta is to sit back and lurk because then nobody believes them when they were like "oh it was because of an action" the next day

Eh. I mean, maybe? But that doesn't seem anywhere near as likely as any of the following:

A) Let's silence one of these good town players who talk a lot so that they can't scum hunt/look bad and might get cuddled for playing so differently.

B) Let's silence one of these town players who post a lot so that we can float by easier.

C) Let's silence one of our own team so that we don't have to try and invent opinions/look towny.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

So do you think Jedit is town and got targeted by some kind of silencer role?

Who do you think is scum right now?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If anyone is silenced, please vote for me in order to claim it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This KingB/Jedit slapfight is getting a little personal, so I really gotta hope one or both of them is scum, because it's getting a little ehhh otherwise. If we can get someone else to claim being silenced, then KingB's probably high on the list of suspects for a silener? But I don't buy the idea of a Town Silencer, either, that seems like a pretty explicitly antitown role.

But if no one else claims being silenced, and because a silencer didn't flip last night or this morning, it really starts to throw Jedit into question. They're definitely coming out a little worse in the slapfight, but I will admit that I'm biased towards KingB because he's a cool dude. So, I'm trying to look at this through the lens of 'claimed silence' in order to keep myself from letting personal feelings get in the way.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

This post bothers me on a couple of different levels, if I'm reading it right.

A) Poque was part of the "turbo" that he seems to be somewhat criticizing here.

B) There is more then just setup spec being discussed, I have called Jedit scum for more than that. Kash is calling Asiina scum for some reason, etc. But does Poque who is complaining about setup spec in this post make any comment on any of the other stuff? No. Instead he also addresses only setup spec in his responses.

For the record, he is not unique in not talking about alignment/mafia stuff at all, most seem to be following that trend in this game. I just think it stands out due to this post.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

King Burgundy posted:

So do you think Jedit is town and got targeted by some kind of silencer role?

Who do you think is scum right now?

I have no idea what Jedit is, the silencer claim has no bearing on my own thoughts toward him, my thoughts on an alleged silencer were mainly devil's advocate against your accusations which I found to mainly be based on setup/role spec. I like that you put forward the (C) option in your other post cuz I hadn't considered scum using it on scum.

I still don't like chaoslord from day 1, this post felt like trying to excuse himself from the events

chaoslord posted:

Ok

##vote chores

When the turbo eventually peters out we should vote Gulag IMO

I have weird feelings about bastardly as his last posts of d1 were just all emojis and now I wonder if he was restricted as well

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Nah not criticizing the turbo as i'm on record as a vote and saying i would've voted to hammer, I brought it up to say that we didn't get much to analyze out of 4-5 pages of d1 content because of a turbo and as a result votes are being made today based on complete speculation of an unflipped role

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote chaoslord come out come out wherever you are trying to derail the chores lynch I slaved over

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poison Mushroom posted:

This KingB/Jedit slapfight is getting a little personal, so I really gotta hope one or both of them is scum, because it's getting a little ehhh otherwise. If we can get someone else to claim being silenced, then KingB's probably high on the list of suspects for a silener? But I don't buy the idea of a Town Silencer, either, that seems like a pretty explicitly antitown role.

But if no one else claims being silenced, and because a silencer didn't flip last night or this morning, it really starts to throw Jedit into question. They're definitely coming out a little worse in the slapfight, but I will admit that I'm biased towards KingB because he's a cool dude. So, I'm trying to look at this through the lens of 'claimed silence' in order to keep myself from letting personal feelings get in the way.

How would I be on the list of suspects for a silencer, if one even exists? Please clarify the chain of events in your mind that occurred with me as a silencer in this game. Start from my pre-game post where I identified I wanted to vote lurkers like Dick/Jedit and walk me through the assignment of roles and my state of mind.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have a few minutes at the airport. I would like the record to state that I didn't know there was a turbo and was voting chores because he said he was an SK and I wasn't going through that poo poo again. I wasn't really reading the thread, but voted based on that post.

Okay that's it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Poque posted:

It was definitely a Night 0 action, that was the title of the PM. It informed me that during Day 1 I could only post to vote or unvote. If I said anything for myself, or even quoted someone else, I would be modkilled. Hence my post with a million votes in it - I was spelling out a message using player names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

##vote chaoslord come out come out wherever you are trying to derail the chores lynch I slaved over

I do not feel bad for doubting that the turbo would happen :colbert:

• Locked thread