Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

ilikedirt posted:

lets just say i "let a bunch of ppl cum on my face" ... heh. heh. heh. heh.

Wait, why aren't you a mod then or is it that you only took facials and didn't become a full bottom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Wamdoodle posted:

Wait, why aren't you a mod then or is it that you only took facials and didn't become a full bottom?

something like that, but it's a complicated hierarchy

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Actually interesting news is fine, "D-list celebrity implied something racist" is not.

yeah agreed

also goon opinions are the best because they range from the most down to earth person you'll ever meet to the most disgusting, insane creep you will never want to meet. Are you all self-hating or something cuz ur all goons and u all have opinions lol, hating goon opinions is literally a goon opinion.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

I'm contemplating opening a forum called something like Current Events that is a cross between old style GBS and D&D lite. Right now news events don't have much place in GBS, and take too much effort to be argued about in D&D.

I like this idea quite a bit. While I like new GBS, I miss the news threads and going to cnn or bbc's website is honestly too much for work me.

I think I'm a piece of poo poo guys

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I don't remember what I posted in this thread

Degenerate Star
Oct 27, 2005
unlikely

ArbitraryC posted:

News sites blow. Reading about the news on the forums was great because goons would be pulling from twitter and livestreams and group all sorts of information together rather than reading a single article with a heavy slant.

When the topics were about industry or science or stuff like that we'd usually have a few goons that were experts in the field chiming in with impromptu ama type discussions.

If the topic was light and funny regional news a lot of time good Photoshops or jokes came out of those threads too. It was actually a great place to keep up on current events and learn about the topics without getting bogged down with the novels DnD posters write.

Yeah I get seeing a three pages on the front page about cops being dicks could get old at times, but you could always just not click on those threads.

This is exactly what was great about them. Highly informative and deeply retarded at the same time.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the exact kind of people you would want posting in an sa news thread for it to be fun are the people who wouldnt come to sa just to read news threads
separating it into its own forum is boring and retarded

just post the exact same news threads in gbs that we do right now but quit being little bitches if the op decides to put a link or a quote in there

heres gbs:

op posted:

omg poo poo going down in ferguson

quote:

haahahaha black people gonna get clubbed livestream omfg
first post easily claimed

op posted:

omg poo poo going down in ferguson LINK

quote:

gbs 1.0 gbsrss human being :siren:
:gas:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
theyre ok when its furries getting gassed or the us putting lasers on boats or something but theyre really bad when its like a news story about a teacher calling a trans teen a shemale or something

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
So it's gbs 1.0 with less capital letter

Cool

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I just want a place for all the serious careposters to live in peace so we can all be happy

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

gnarlyhotep posted:

I just want a place for all the serious careposters to live in peace so we can all be happy

Reddit has space

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I wouldn't wish that on anyone

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

what careposters
who has asked for news threads where people who just want to post funny poo poo arent welcome
people are brainstorming a plan to cater to no one

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
there's a news thread about the navy's new laser cannon and people are using it as a platform to perform an internet outrage spectacle about american military atrocities which seems to me like the least amount of fun someone can have talking about bigass lasers

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i guess they should be allowed to do that but it just looks like elaborate and affected shitposting to me :shrug:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

gary oldmans diary posted:

what careposters
who has asked for news threads where people who just want to post funny poo poo arent welcome
people are brainstorming a plan to cater to no one

lots of people

don't get all worked up about it, it won't affect you anyway

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

lots of people

name 1

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

lots of people no one

don't get all worked up about it, it won't affect you anyway
removing things to talk about from the forum with good rules and probably still-decent users affects everyone here

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

yeah agreed

also goon opinions are the best because they range from the most down to earth person you'll ever meet to the most disgusting, insane creep you will never want to meet. Are you all self-hating or something cuz ur all goons and u all have opinions lol, hating goon opinions is literally a goon opinion.

Hahha woah this guy's got it all figured out

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

ArbitraryC, last page

this is your thread ffs

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gnarlyhotep posted:

The final solution to our careposter problem.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

removing things to talk about from the forum with good rules and probably still-decent users affects everyone here

well regardless of what we do someone is going to bitch about it

I'm ok with that

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

ArbitraryC, last page

this is your thread ffs
are you pretending to not understand their opinions or is this real life

it could hardly be more clear that this is more "this sounds like a good idea for those people that want this*" than "hey lowtax could you do this because its the thing i and others want for ourselves"
*no one

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 12, 2014

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

are you pretending to not understand their opinions or is this real life

unless I'm completely misreading the OP, they want old-style GBS news threads without having them be poo poo up by people like me

a separate forum would accomplish that, have stricter moderation and in effect bring back that old world GBS charm, as well as give the rest of us a place to play

I don't see how this is something to get all bent out of shape over

idk what you want from me man

also it was Lowtax's loving idea in the first place

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm completely misreading the OP

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

ArbitraryC, last page

this is your thread ffs

wow mods really are dumb shits lmao

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
you see what happens ghtp you give these people an inch

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
tbh an old guy getting fired for trying to get college tail really relates to my interests and *fart fart faaaaaaart*

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

well I think its a good idea and you may continue to cry about it

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I mean gnarly was really advertising for a place I would post more instead of gbs so you guys really shouldn't have given him too hard of a time.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
They always just used to end up with two or three assholes arguing for 15 pages, all having lovely opinions. GBS 1.0 was full of threads like those and grammar nazis and god forbid you had the wrong opinion

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean gnarly was really advertising for a place I would post more instead of gbs so you guys really shouldn't have given him too hard of a time.

why don't you just stop posting

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

well I think its a good idea and you may continue to cry about it
you getting slightly defensive in this thread is the most non-positive emotion ive seen wrenched from you so far and its sincerely refreshing
i still have a suspicion in the back of my mind that youre only giving 6 hr probations max and i just cant respect that

i dont know what rules there even are left to break but have you even benched someone for 3 days yet

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Lowtax posted:

I'm contemplating opening a forum called something like Current Events that is a cross between old style GBS and D&D lite. Right now news events don't have much place in GBS, and take too much effort to be argued about in D&D.

Smeego posted:

name the new forum Serious Bullshit

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Bobert Bobertson posted:

why don't you just stop posting

Every hero needs a heel, I do have a few fans.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
News posters who want tell the world about their thoughts and feelings do not seem to know how horrible it is to post with them.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Guancho posted:

They always just used to end up with two or three assholes arguing for 15 pages, all having lovely opinions. GBS 1.0 was full of threads like those and grammar nazis and god forbid you had the wrong opinion

that's why news threads in nu-GBS would be a good idea because all those people are on tumblr now, like all the news threads that have been popping up lately have been pretty interesting and they only last for like a day (unless its a really hot topic like ferguson or something).

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Rando posted:

News posters who want tell the world about their thoughts and feelings do not seem to know how horrible it is to post with them.
its why the news belongs here where people want to cover the news in human feces and throw it at an unsuspecting bystander
thats how news was meant to be spread
:patriot:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

i dont know what rules there even are left to break but have you even benched someone for 3 days yet

yeah I have

but why is the measure of a good mod how much they probate?

do you secretly want Abe to step on your balls while you badpost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

a bone to pick posted:

that's why news threads in nu-GBS would be a good idea because all those people are on tumblr now, like all the news threads that have been popping up lately have been pretty interesting and they only last for like a day (unless its a really hot topic like ferguson or something).

Yeah I don't really think there's a need for a second forum for them, they just need to be more of an accepted thing in regular gbs. Random small time news is exactly the kind of thing "general bullshit" describes because it doesn't really fit into any of the other forums. Someone suggested a gbsrss tag and that sounds like a pretty good idea to me, at least news has a bit more substance than the white noise threads we get from the "fling poo poo at a wall and see what sticks" approach. I don't even really think there needs to be extra rules against shitposting, if the topic is interesting enough it will survive.

• Locked thread