Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
LSV wins G1 at 1 life with ascendancy mill combo.

STANDARD IS SAVED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

LSV forever

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Why aren't they showing the LSV match :(?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ShadeofBlue posted:

Why aren't they showing the LSV match :(?

Are you question the supreme wisdom of WotC's broadcast team?

It's because they are goddamn morons.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Would someone be awesome and repost that UR counter burn deck from awhile back? TIA

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Holy poo poo somehow I had ~350 people watching me stream today despite competing directly with the PTQ livestream. Probably because all the pros were there or something so I was the only decent MTGO stream??? Or do people just REALLY want to see Sultai deck brews in standard?

In more relevant news, Sultai is definitely going to be a thing in standard. There are just too many good ways you can build those colors right now. I haven't even TRIED treasure cruise in these shells and I am building a completely enormous yard every game with no real effort.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 11, 2014

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I'm guessing they wanted to watch Magic while nothing was happening on stream.

Edit: so who's going back through the thread to find quotes about the viability of the Ascendency combo in standard?

odiv fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 11, 2014

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
LSV WINS!!!!

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

bhsman posted:

Would someone be awesome and repost that UR counter burn deck from awhile back? TIA
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/13152

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

bhsman posted:

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/13152#online

There is also a version that Pat Chapin wrote about a few weeks ago that is the same idea but has no creatures main, lightning strikes, and Master The Way

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

odiv posted:

Edit: so who's going back through the thread to find quotes about the viability of the Ascendency combo in standard?

Another reason I am playing sultai. Built in protection to some degree with sultai charms :O

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

odiv posted:

I called it solidly tier 2 on twitter this morning :c00l:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Trip report: Goblin Grenade is awesome, Pauper Goblins otherwise is an awful deck that dies to flood way too easily. If Hymn and Sinkhole weren't so backbreaking I'd just stick with Burn. Also thank god Strip Mine (and Mishra's Factory) aren't legal. Not sure exactly what cards are bugged now, other than Hymn/Sinkhole/High Tide/Merchant Scroll/Grenade are legal in online Pauper.

This Standard format looks boring as hell, but the draft format looks like the most fun to spectate since...maybe before Innistrad. Good stuff. That Wescoe match was great.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
What's the purpose of Dig Through Time-ing in response to a Thoughtseize effect from Mardu Charm? Why not just let it resolve first?

Edit: Duh, he'll take the Dig

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Devor posted:

What's the purpose of Dig Through Time-ing in response to a Thoughtseize effect from Mardu Charm? Why not just let it resolve first?

Because it can't take creatures or lands.

Dig for 2 creatures and your opponent can get hosed.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
I'd like to take a moment and complain that this is basically the only PT since DKA where I wasn't able to start at the beginning in the "Past Broadcasts" and catch up, skipping the the boring parts. :(

As of now, there's only 90 minutes of video there of the 6 hours since they started

Lurchington fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 11, 2014

Mordieth
Dec 23, 2008
cant you go all the way back on youtube?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I really hope Park Jun Young makes it far enough for them to post his Mardu Midrange list. When he was cracking his fetch land I spotted 3 Ashcloud Phoenix in his deck and I am all about that poo poo.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Todd Anderson with the robots. gently caress yeah.

edit: just kidding. what the hell is going on here

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

This is some good bad deck right here.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Like this Azorious Soul Blade deck.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Ladies and Gentlemen, Mortal Obstinacy has made a Pro Tour 75-card list.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Niton posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mortal Obstinacy has made a Pro Tour 75-card list.

That card was already a known factor though??? It was used in hexproof decks last pre-rotation.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

I Love You! posted:

That card was already a known factor though??? It was used in hexproof decks last pre-rotation.

Was it? I just don't really think of the card when I think of "enchantment removal", I guess.

For a more legitmate complaint: Shaun McLaren is currently playing a Jeskai deck on camera with Mardu Abzan sleeves :argh:

e: I can't get anything right today :saddowns:

Niton fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 11, 2014

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Niton posted:

For a more legitmate complaint: Shaun McLaren is currently playing a Jeskai deck on camera with Mardu sleeves :argh:

Abzan sleeves :argh:

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

Mordieth posted:

cant you go all the way back on youtube?

eventually you can (typically Wednesday), but it's not here right now:
https://www.youtube.com/user/wizardsmtg/videos

but checking into it, it looks like you can go back to the middle of round 2 on the "live event" here: http://youtu.be/GJ2v-uRBYuc

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
PT:KTK Official Drinking Game

Every time someone plays Dig Through Time, take a drink.

Every time they hardcast it for the full cost, finish the bottle.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
That Empty the Pits. :allears:

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Every time someone casts Empty the Pits, sigh at this thread's inability to see a good Magic card when it's presented to them

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Toshimo posted:

Also drink whenever Randy Buehler goes "Wow!" at the end of a game.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
So far no major movement on the Doomwake Giant (up ~50 cents) or the Necropolis Fiend (still less than a dollar) fronts but Dig through Time has spiked up to $6-8 from the $2-3 it was about a week ago.

C'mon Pro's make some of these middling cards I have worth something.

E: Has Wingmate Roc shown any amount of worth yet? Why is it still at $15? It's like everyone in the world got Empty the Pit's and Wingmate Roc's prices mixed up or something.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 11, 2014

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Also drink whenever Randy Buehler goes "Wow!" at the end of a game.

Lean back in your chair contentedly whenever you realize you could be listening to Rich Hagon.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Wouldnt be surprised to see a few more empty the pits hit the table. That card is so good and I'm not sure why it's so cheap right now.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Lord Of Texas posted:

Lean back in your chair contentedly whenever you realize you could be listening to Rich Hagon.

Buehler's a lovable guy, no complaints.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Wouldnt be surprised to see a few more empty the pits hit the table. That card is so good and I'm not sure why it's so cheap right now.

Thing is most decks aren't going to want a full playset, right?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Rinkles posted:

Thing is most decks aren't going to want a full playset, right?

True, it's probably a 2-of at best. It was $2-3 when I got some 2 weeks ago and it's still only at 5.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

There was a sweet BUG control decklist Karsten Cotter posted that had just 4 Emtpy The Pits as the win condition. I think technically it had 4 Satyr Wayfinders/4 Caryatids/4 Courser, but those nerds aren't going to get there.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
All these villainous wealth brews could probably win more I if they just swapped all the wealths out for pits. I think it might shape up to be a completely legit wincon for control decks.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Maro is great at his job but I can't express how uninteresting it is to hear him talk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!
Nah, he's actually pretty great at it (the talking thing, also the design thing).

Is this the first official announcement of the time travel stuff?

• Locked thread