Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Lux Aeterna posted:

I feel bad for Cides he's a legitimately broken person and fruk was the nicest goon of all to invite him back.

He x's up way too early though for poo poo and that drives me nuts. Like I'll say "x up for holosim" and he'll x at the beginning of a cosmic doom terminal that he's going to do a 3 chest run clear on. Then he gets mad I didn't wait for him.

It would be interesting to know how many active group members are left who don't just have him on ignore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

please dont kick him until after he trades me a GoK for a valkyrie insignia. i will let you know when the trade is done

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
The better you look the more you see

EricFate posted:

It would be interesting to know how many active group members are left who don't just have him on ignore.

How can I put him on ignore? Please tell me I can't take it anymore

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Platypus Farm posted:

He's giving us one hell of a story right now if you're interested in learning about his electrosensitivity (??)

Yeah i had to log out cause my frame rate was dropping to poo poo, but it was something about being able to smoke weed while there, I think getting laid?, getting paid good money to be there and then I logged out when that was brought up.

And earlier he seemed to be getting legitimately mad at phyresis cause phyr didn't like electrocute.

EricFate posted:

He annoys me, but then I'd miss his next meltdown whenever that occurs.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

EricFate posted:

I don't have anyone on ignore.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:eyepop:

EricFate posted:

Groot force is super chill and no one should be on ignore, not even crazy man cides. Besides its fun to mess with him when he goes on his rants about wifi and microwaves.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 27, 2014

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Jedit posted:

I don't have anyone on ignore.

Well there's no point in doubling it up really

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Usually people just ask me the password to mine and I give it to them.

He's talking about wi-fi right?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

do not kick this guy

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Lux Aeterna posted:

He x's up way too early though for poo poo and that drives me nuts. Like I'll say "x up for holosim" and he'll x at the beginning of a cosmic doom terminal that he's going to do a 3 chest run clear on. Then he gets mad I didn't wait for him.

This happens every single time and it is always hilarious. He never understands why people won't wait ten minutes for him

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Guy has a rough life. It is what it is. When he goes crazy, I just let it ride. Too busy dominating to care.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So, the latest rumor is that Benedict Cumberbatch will play the title role in the Dr. Strange movie...

I wonder if Gaz can get him to voice an enhanced costume?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Kheldarn posted:

Or they could just put a clothespin on Steve Blum's nose for one-tenth the cost.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Look if we can't get Chris Pratt as Star-lord then no one else gets to voice their costumes.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Kheldarn posted:

So, the latest rumor is that Benedict Cumberbatch will play the title role in the Dr. Strange movie...

Goddamn I don't like the idea of Humperdink Chickenstrips as Strange :(

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

StashAugustine posted:

Look if we can't get Chris Pratt as Star-lord then no one else gets to voice their costumes.

This forever

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

This happens every single time and it is always hilarious. He never understands why people won't wait ten minutes for him

Same reason I've waited 10 months for one of your posts to not suck.

I'm in a canadian mental ward also

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

lsp posted:

:toot: Hail Satan :toot:

Ikken is this you? We need to have a chat.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

This includes no Dr Orpheus as an enhanced Dr Strange costume

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
nic cage first

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is Cides even a goon.

You'd think he'd complain in here about people complaining about him in here.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Afraid of Audio posted:

nic cage first

Nic cage GR

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Is Cides even a goon.

You'd think he'd complain in here about people complaining about him in here.

He's not.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_2P2F8s0j8
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/144501/midtown-boxes-lvl-60-cosmic-prestige-xp-penalty-intended?new=1

So... if you've been playing this Midtown event with a cosmic prestige level 60 you may have been loving yourself out of tons of XP for Omega gains.

I recorded a video and posted a thread on the issue. Hopefully Mr. Gazilli responds and says this wasn't intended and that I'll get about 1,000 Midtown boxes worth of missed XP gifted to me.

I know that won't happen, but jesus christ... that's so much XP.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Anybody with cosmic prestige should be used to this kind of punishment anyway, so no biggie.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Looks like it's just graphical. Your omegle bar is going at the same rate.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

even better

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

I can get behind this.

Also, LOL Nick. :rip:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Lux Aeterna posted:

That's what I was thinking too. Need to use the mouseover to see how much is actually added.

edit; oh they got rid of that? nevermind

Leper Residue fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 27, 2014

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
He's the super group mascot.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Lux Aeterna posted:

Yeah, you're right. I actually considered this shortly after posting the thread and went back to watch the replay. I've amended my original post to reflect my panic attack at Luke being screwed out of omeggles and bacons

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

nickhimself posted:

Yeah, you're right. I actually considered this shortly after posting the thread and went back to watch the replay. I've amended my original post to reflect my panic attack at Luke being screwed out of omeggles and bacons

nick don't you worry i had the doomphone ready

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Groot force is super chill and no one should be on ignore, not even crazy man cides. Besides its fun to mess with him when he goes on his rants about wifi and microwaves.

Except is isn't.

The guy clearly needs help. Professional help. Help which, if he truly is in a mental ward, he should be getting.

One thing I learned from experience, is that people with Borderline Personality Disorders, or Bipolar/Manic Depression require very specific handling until they finally find a treatment regimen that allows them to recognize the problem really is something they can manage, and then allows them to manage it. And that handling is best left to trained professionals.

Cides may be both of those things, or he may be neither. All we do know is what he tells us, and what he tells us is that he is an addict, he is broke, he is nearly homeless, and that he has no self control of any sort. That isn't comedy. That isn't fun. And it sure as hell isn't something I want to watch erupt in the thing that I currently utilize as recreation.

Interacting with him makes the game be NOT FUN for me, so he gets blocked every time a new outburst begins. I'll still resurrect his Storm each of the 5-10 times she manages to get knocked out whenever I get randomly pulled into a group with him, but the constant outbursts, the paranoia, and the casual dismissive attitude he seems to have for everything the institution he is currently trapped in might be trying to do for him, lead me to believe that it will all just be wasted effort.

He seems to enjoy the attention he gets from glorifying his issues too much to actually view them as things which are having a negative impact on his life that need to be recognized and controlled.

And that is more sad than anything else.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ahundredbux posted:

He's the super group mascot.

So he's Rick Jones.

e: I agree with EricFate but I'm also not in Groot Force so what the gently caress do I know!

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 27, 2014

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I've never been around for any of this and now I feel like I'm missing out on the real Groot Force experience.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Zombie Samurai posted:

I've never been around for any of this and now I feel like I'm missing out on the real Groot Force experience.

Same here actually and it's sounding like this guy should be guild kicked instead of people enabling his crazy???

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lux Aeterna posted:

I hate that poo poo. Xs are for people ready to do poo poo now.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Cleaning out my stash, I just found out that I own two pairs of Nisanti Boots. After recently spending a full week grinding Hood to get my "first" pair. Plz give us a stash search, mr. gaz. plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

NotALizardman posted:

Same here actually and it's sounding like this guy should be guild kicked instead of people enabling his crazy???

fair enough, dude definitely shouldn't be encouraged even if entertaining in bursts

• Locked thread