Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I just tried this joke out on my girlfriend and received an eye roll for a response.

Future AITA poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Beachcomber posted:

This is a good joke, but I think English Professor would work better than 'clueless husband'.

Adding in 'clueless' was the only thing I changed from the original joke, but I see your point.

Then again, that might give the punchline away.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I just tried this joke out on my girlfriend and received an eye roll for a response.

Jokes are like griefing, any reaction means you're doing it right.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I went to the apiary to get a dozen bees, but they gave me 13 instead. The last one was a free bee. :v:

Ramaroot
Aug 24, 2008

I AM THE FIRE
How do you get bee milk?

Scare it out of 'em!

BOO BEE!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Bees on Wheat posted:

I went to the apiary to get a dozen bees, but they gave me 13 instead. The last one was a free bee. :v:

A bee keeper's dozen.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bees on Wheat posted:

sounds like you got a baker’s buzzin

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
*put your hands on the sides of your face and squeeze*

then say:

BUFF DWIBAH BUFF DWIBAH OHEN EH DOOH!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
... Bus Dreever? You yankees and your accents.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

In honor of this:

Two small ones courtesy of the crude Canadian tool ogre AvE:

1. What comes after 69? mouth wash
2. Why don't people like 6.9? You prefer not to have your 69 interrupted by a period

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

BrianBoitano posted:

In honor of this:

2. Why don't people like 6.9? You prefer not to have your 69 interrupted by a period

Just LOL if you let that interrupt you.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Popped back into the thread only to see my joke referenced again. A friend of mine who's gone now told it to me, he'd be thrilled that people like it. :D

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Popped back into the thread only to see my joke referenced again. A friend of mine who's gone now told it to me, he'd be thrilled that people like it. :D

cheers to your friend!

and can i just add for his and our sake, i hope that his preferred psychopomp (if any) did not offer wish fulfillments or similar magical boons. i mean it would probably really suck to keep accidentally slapping charon in the face until he loses the oar and you both fall into the river styx

st peter duckin while a giant ghostly hand windmills through the clowds and tears away the surface dirt and peasants like some kind of molyneux game

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Ramaroot posted:

How do you get bee milk?

Scare it out of 'em!

BOO BEE!

I always knew it as:

What kind of bees produce milk?

Boo-bees

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Jaguars! posted:

Highly situational joke:

My Brother, on a remote hiking trail on the 31st: What do you think you'll be doing tomorrow?

Me: Walking

Brother: Looks like you've got...

...2020 Vision

I'll use this if I ever go hiking on Dec. 31st 2019.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

There wasn't even anyone in the godamn hut that night

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:
It's funny and all to say 'pee is stored in the balls' but it's important to remember there's a vas deferens between the bladder and testicles.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

BrianBoitano posted:

In honor of this:

What's the square root of 69?
8 something

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
(((((777/7)/7)-7)*7)+7)

MiddleInitial
Oct 30, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

(((((777/7)/7)-7)*7)+7)

NICE!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

(((((777/7)/7)-7)*7)+7)
(((((777/7)/7)-7)*7)+7) minutes in heaven

MiddleInitial
Oct 30, 2012
Guy 1: So I'm trying to be sober for the entire month of February.
Guy 2: That's great! Has it been difficult?
Guy 1: Not really. I've been micro-dosing every morning and that makes it easier.
Guy 2: microdosing LSD? I don't thi-
Guy 1: Nah, I've been watching an episode of "Dirty Jobs" before work.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

MiddleInitial posted:

Guy 1: So I'm trying to be sober for the entire month of February.
Guy 2: That's great! Has it been difficult?
Guy 1: Not really. I've been micro-dosing every morning and that makes it easier.
Guy 2: microdosing LSD? I don't thi-
Guy 1: Nah, I've been watching an episode of "Dirty Jobs" before work.

What is supposed to be the funny part?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Micro sounds like Mike Rowe

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

don't puns require a second connection to the situation beyond just "sounds like the normal thing"? Does dirty jobs help people stay sober normally?

Here's one I enjoy:

A horse walks into a bar and orders a pint. The barkeep says "You're in here pretty often. Do you think you might be an alcoholic?"

The horse replies, "I don't think I am," and vanishes from existence. See, the joke is about Descartes' famous philosophy of "I think; therefore, I am," but to explain that part before the rest of the joke would be putting Descartes before the horse

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Non Serviam posted:

What is supposed to be the funny part?

Oh, that's our shortstop!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I saw a dwarf walking down the street wearing a white power t-shirt the other day. I said to myself “well that’s a little racist.”

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

AFewBricksShy posted:

I saw a dwarf walking down the street wearing a white power t-shirt the other day. I said to myself “well that’s a little racist.”

He was heading on down to Aryan Auto (which is a racist lot) to buy a VW.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Ok, I invented this joke in the shower, and I fleshed it out afterwards.

The Fairy Godmother, knowing magically that soon it was going to be her big day, wanted to do a dry run of the whole thing. She checks her magic database and finds a poor girl named Ashes Sally who wanted to go to a different, less important ball and dance with a middling, less royal, aristocrat.

Perfect, she thinks. She bibbity bobbity poofs over and lays out the whole deal. Magic dress, plastic slippers, turns a butternut squash into a carriage, feral hamsters into horses, and a passing badger into a coachman.

Everything set, she waves Ashes Sally off into her magical evening, and having just expended a large amount of magic, collapses into a chair. She puts her feet up, gives a sigh of relief that all the spells worked how they were supposed and...wait. poo poo. I forgot to tell Ashes Sally about the whole Midnight thing. I've got to go find her.

Magically pooped, she has no choice but to proceed over to the castle on foot and arrives panting and out of breath. Frantically, she begins her search.

Is she still waiting to be announced? Nope, she must already have made her grand entrance. Is she on the dance floor? Nope, must be taking a break. Plastic slippers aren't the most comfortable. Maybe she's in the bathroom? Nope, the stalls are mostly empty and the sounds coming from the remaining stall don't bear investigating. Maybe she's over by the buffet? Nope, but the fairy godmother grabs some pretzels and surveys the room as she snacks. And that's when she spots her, standing in the punch line.

Beachcomber has a new favorite as of 16:51 on Feb 22, 2020

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

Should be "waiting on the punchline", imo.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I remember a joke along those lines, only the fairy godmother was a prude and set up Cindy with a pumpkin-turned-chastity-belt.

She checks up on the girl the day after, who's still in a post-coital high from the events of the previous night.

"How the hell did that happen?"

"Oh, you know, met a guy, had a few drinks..."

"A guy? What about the Prince?"

"He didn't show up. So I just hung out with his butler. Peter Peter something or another."

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Where do you go to watch vegetables fight?

The cauliseum.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Man goes to the doctor, says "Doctor, I've been sleeping terribly. I've had a recurring dream for the last week with ants playing soccer."
Doctor says "No problem. I'll write you a prescription for a mild sedative that will help you fall asleep and sleep deeply without dreams. You can start today"
Man says "Are you kidding? The playoffs start tonight"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

canyoneer posted:

Man goes to the doctor, says "Doctor, I've been sleeping terribly. I've had a recurring dream for the last week with ants playing soccer."
Doctor says "No problem. I'll write you a prescription for a mild sedative that will help you fall asleep and sleep deeply without dreams. You can start today"
Man says "Are you kidding? The playoffs start tonight"

very norm energy

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Headline: Early CDC tests couldn't distinguish between coronavirus and water

Behind the headline:

:) Here is your order of test kits for Corona!

:kiddo: Thanks; they are very much needed for detecting the virus.

:confused: …virus?

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

WarpedNaba posted:

"He didn't show up. So I just hung out with his butler. Peter Peter something or another."

I don't get it.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Old nursery rhyme: Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More

Platystemon posted:

Headline: Early CDC tests couldn't distinguish between coronavirus and water

Behind the headline:

:) Here is your order of test kits for Corona!

:kiddo: Thanks; they are very much needed for detecting the virus.

:confused: …virus?

lol

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

There's a plane with 5 passengers on board: Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Angela Merkel, the pope, and a ten year old school boy.

The plane is about to crash and there are only 4 parachutes.

Trump says: "I need one. I'm the smartest man in the USA and am needed to sort out the problems of the world!", takes one and jumps.

Boris says: "I'm needed to sort out Britain!" He takes one and jumps.

The pope says: "I need one as the world needs the Catholic Church." He takes one and jumps.

Angela says to the ten year old: "You can have the last parachute. I've lived my life, yours is only just starting."

The ten year old replies: "Don't worry, there are 2 parachutes left, the smartest man in the USA took my school bag."

Carbon dioxide has a new favorite as of 17:46 on Mar 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Carbon dioxide posted:

There's a plane with 5 passengers on board: Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Angela Merkel, the pope, and a ten year old school boy.

The plane is about to crash and there are only 4 parachutes.

Trump says: "I need one. I'm the smartest man in the USA and am needed to sort out the problems of the world!", takes one and jumps.

Boris says: "I'm needed to sort out Britain!" He takes one and jumps.

The pope says: "I need one as the world needs the Catholic Church." He takes one and jumps.

Angela says to the ten year old: "You can have the last parachute. I've lived my life, yours is only just starting."

The ten year old replies: "Don't worry, there are 2 parachutes left, the smartest man in the USA took my school bag."

I thought Epstien was out of business?