Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I just remembered that I never actually finished Super Mario 3D Land and just put it down to play another game. I have so much more left in that game to do and I'm so happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

FYI I just scored AC:NL for $25 at Walmart. http://imgur.com/LqxDrZ8

They had a few games on sale, Batman, TMNT, nothing really interesting besides this.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Shredder posted:

FYI I just scored AC:NL for $25 at Walmart. http://imgur.com/LqxDrZ8

They had a few games on sale, Batman, TMNT, nothing really interesting besides this.

Animal crossing is always so cheap it seems. I ended up buying a Best Buy nintendo card for 28 bucks, and am just going to DL it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/17/ninja-developers-explain-how-they-remade-shinobi-iii-in-3d/

Massive interview explaining how they got Shinobi III to work on the 3DS.

Also the Batman game is quite good, highly recommend it.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Veskit posted:

Animal crossing is always so cheap it seems. I ended up buying a Best Buy nintendo card for 28 bucks, and am just going to DL it.

AC:NL is $30 at Kmart currently.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735979

Looks like Turbografx games are coming to 3DS VC after all. I won't be surprised if this is announced for the US at the Direct tomorrow.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I hope they call them TurboExpress games in the US. :v:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

It might be worth paying the extra $5-$10 for AC on the eShop, so you can check in on your precious Dongville while playing other cartridge games. That's my plan, anyways.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Mercury Crusader posted:

I hope they call them TurboExpress games in the US. :v:

They did specifically announce them as TurboExpress games, way back when. Makes me wonder why Sega didn't announce Nomad support, too (not that I'm unhappy with the 3D Classics thing they've got going on).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aerofallosov posted:

I forget who I sent it to, but whomever asked me for the Zelda soundtrack should be getting it soon. Looks like it just shipped.

I still haven't got word that it shipped and I don't see any references to it being ordered on the site. Hope my order somehow fell through the crack.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Alteisen posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/17/ninja-developers-explain-how-they-remade-shinobi-iii-in-3d/

Massive interview explaining how they got Shinobi III to work on the 3DS.

Also the Batman game is quite good, highly recommend it.

the 3D SEGA classics are just down right amazing.

Really hope the second season games end up coming over, and at least Ristar, Vectorman, Golden axe or Sonic 2 is among them.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I was going to whine about how adding another platform into the mix of Nintendo's already ridiculously slow drip feed of Virtual Console releases means I'd have to wait even longer for stuff I want to come out, but really, after SMB3 is out, if they just put Kirby's Adventure and Kid Icarus on the store already (it's been what...well over a year since the 3D Classics came out? Long enough to put the NES versions up) everything NES related I want would already be available.

Then I'd need to wait for them to put GBA or SNES stuff up on the 3DS eShop.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
I would bet the games that get made into 3D Classics will never be dropped on the store as ROMs. What's the point, really?

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Crawfish posted:

I was going to whine about how adding another platform into the mix of Nintendo's already ridiculously slow drip feed of Virtual Console releases means I'd have to wait even longer for stuff I want to come out, but really, after SMB3 is out, if they just put Kirby's Adventure and Kid Icarus on the store already (it's been what...well over a year since the 3D Classics came out? Long enough to put the NES versions up) everything NES related I want would already be available.

Then I'd need to wait for them to put GBA or SNES stuff up on the 3DS eShop.

I really doubt they'll put up Kirby and kid Icarus considering the 3D classics versions are there.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

We are talking about a company that is charging you to buy a game again on every piece of hardware they release, with only one way of getting a discount.

Since they've stopped bothering with 3D Classics altogether and it has been a year, releasing the NES versions wouldn't eat in to their sales of those, but still net enough purchases to make it worth putting up at all.

What the won't put up is the original GB version of Link's Awakening, which will always annoy the crap out of me, because my GB collection on the system will always be missing a Zelda game, but the GBC part will be flooded with three of the drat things.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You're complaining about the "threat" of them clogging the release schedule with games you don't want, because you're worried it'll keep them from releasing games that are already available right now? Okay.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Crawfish posted:

We are talking about a company that is charging you to buy a game again on every piece of hardware they release, with only one way of getting a discount.

Since they've stopped bothering with 3D Classics altogether and it has been a year, releasing the NES versions wouldn't eat in to their sales of those, but still net enough purchases to make it worth putting up at all.

What the won't put up is the original GB version of Link's Awakening, which will always annoy the crap out of me, because my GB collection on the system will always be missing a Zelda game, but the GBC part will be flooded with three of the drat things.

Here's the difference between the 3D Classic and NES versions; Adjust the 3D slider.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Here's the difference between the 3D Classic and NES versions; Adjust the 3D slider.

And 2 bucks, which is significant.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Isn't the only 3D Classic that is really different the Kid Icarus one, since it based more on the Famicom Disc version, so it has the save function along with a few other changes like blue backgrounds.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Rirse posted:

Isn't the only 3D Classic that is really different the Kid Icarus one, since it based more on the Famicom Disc version, so it has the save function along with a few other changes like blue backgrounds.

Urban Champion is practically a new game, but it's just barely less of a turd than the original.

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:
I wish the Sega 3D classics had actual preview videos in 3D. I doubt I'd actually spend the time playing them, but I want to see Shinobi in 3D.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
You can at least see screenshots in 3D - it gives you an idea of what it will be like.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Chibi-Robo for 3DS eShop. Confirmed as GOTY.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

In 2014...

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

NA dudes: Bravely Default demo is hitting the eShop on Jan 2nd

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

NA dudes: Bravely Default demo sidequest game is hitting the eShop on Jan 2nd

Fixed.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I'm not sure what that means (I can't watch the Direct right now) but on twitter they said it was a "demo with exclusive content".

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/413311479861878784

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The demo is a completely standalone side story not featured in the full version, according to the Direct.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Oh, ok...weird that it's not just the same demo that we got here.

And by "weird", I mean "normality is restored, Nintendo is loving Europe again".

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Europeans with Nintendo Network IDs get Super Mario Bros Deluxe as a free download.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Oh, ok...weird that it's not just the same demo that we got here.

And by "weird", I mean "normality is restored, Nintendo is loving Europe again".

No, no the EU demo was the same. The demo was different to anything else in the main version other than the location. I spent ~25 hours on it getting all of the achievements which transferred to the real game.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
New Game Center CX game, you guys!

Edit: In Japan!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

ohgod, Luigi Mansion figure for Club Nintendo

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Samael posted:

No, no the EU demo was the same. The demo was different to anything else in the main version other than the location. I spent ~25 hours on it getting all of the achievements which transferred to the real game.
Ahhh ok...I only played 5 mins of the demo, and haven't played the full game yet.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Layton vs Wright is coming March 28th in Europe. :fap:

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 18, 2013

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

drat it, I lost the first 13 minutes or so. Doesn't seem like they mentioned anything about SMTIV or Devilish Brain Training on the Euro stream, did they? At least I'm happy to see we're still getting Layton x Wright and as a retail title to boot.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

glassyalabolas posted:

ohgod, Luigi Mansion figure for Club Nintendo

Went directly to club nintendo to see if it was up yet. Nope. Now to go to work, probably come home and find it's been in/sold out for 5 hours.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Luigi figure is on the EU Club Nintendo site right now for 7000 stars

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Did the NA stream mention Layton vs Wright? The NOA Twitter account didn't mention it, but the NOE one gave a release date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

irlZaphod posted:

Did the NA stream mention Layton vs Wright? The NOA Twitter account didn't mention it, but the NOE one gave a release date.

Nope.

• Locked thread