Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
So I've had my saw go into "berserk" mode when Inspiring team mates, or randomly when I'm about 25% health. Not gonna complain, but it's strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Ah okay, I guess I've been misremembering early release text/rumors that the bonus only applies to the other weapon. Thus you had to stupidly switch between drill and shotgun to make it work. :shepface:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

KingShiro posted:

So I've had my saw go into "berserk" mode when Inspiring team mates, or randomly when I'm about 25% health. Not gonna complain, but it's strange.

Combat Medic? Berserker...?

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Yeah, basic Overkill and basic Mag Plus on a Techforcer build turn the Izhma from a mediocre gun into a hilarious murdertrain.

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Ya, got to agree, it looks neat, but it's pretty much the Eagle again. That said, I love the big bank, though I haven't tried all the exits yet.
I know it's a long shot, but I do hope they add pre-planning to some earlier maps.

The 40 rounds in the extended mag set it apart pretty hard IMO. Less reloading and the ability to full-auto a Dozer apart in a hurry make a pretty big difference in practice at least for me.

Lester Shy posted:

Does anybody have a general idea of where keycards might spawn? I've only ever gotten a cheese sandwich out of the hidden safe behind the painting, but I assume that's one of the possible locations.

Edit: vvvv Yeah, on Big Bank.

The manager almost always carries one.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

John Murdoch posted:

Combat Medic? Berserker...?

Oops that should be "above" not "about"

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Kikas posted:

I don't think it's a chance, I've had him spawn 100% of the time on 6 separate runs. Always the same elevator too.

It is very much a chance, since our group had lots of civvies come out of the elevators, which led to a severe lack of body bags during one failed run.

The phone call is also a random chance of spawning 3 guards who wander in from the front door.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I've just had Bain hack the Time Lock remotely :aaa: I thought that looking for the right computer was mandatory even in stealth, I guess that they changed that.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

John Murdoch posted:

Really, the first half of the bank isn't particularly daunting once you understand the cleverness of the layout. It's just time consuming to make sure all of the roaming managers (three, I think) are taken care of along with the loose non-employee civs that hang out on the upper levels, along with the cubicles and 2-3 guards.
-
The one thing I'm still pondering is whether or not the cake is better for the front or the back. At the end of the day you're still neutralizing a single guard, but I think I'd rather immobilize one in the back where it's easier to get caught and harder to safely kill. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the central area where you leave the cake is a great place to sneak through to begin with.

That's interesting. I wonder if it's best to pop the wandering managers in the manager area by corpse-launching with the Loco into the middle office, then take out the guards as they walk in to the same area. I'm also wondering if only the manager staff visits the lower cubicles. If that's true then it makes the lower computer/lower doors by far the preferred RNG.

As for the cake, I guess that depends on the confidence/skill of your crew. I spent most of the day bashing our collective heads against the mass murdering of the cubicles/wandering civs and technocide of all cameras in an effort to simply access a computer. So having one less problem to deal with in the front area seems preferable when juggling all those things.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Dezztroy posted:

Yeah, Car-4 is the only primary to get 31 concealment. 3 visibilty is the cap, can't get any lower.

You can get the Commando to 30 actually, which is useful because it has higher damage. Shadow Raid goes better when you kill the guards before they start firing shots.

Thank You Card
Mar 20, 2007

I'm your only friend.

Kikas posted:

I've just had Bain hack the Time Lock remotely :aaa: I thought that looking for the right computer was mandatory even in stealth, I guess that they changed that.

It happened to me before the small patch.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Kikas posted:

There's a small, random chance that everything goes perfectly well on Bain's end.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
By placing a noisy drill on the door on the roof, you can get guards to path onto the terrace. I don't know if this works for all shack spawn positions, but it's fairly harmless if it doesn't. Sometimes a wandering employee will also path onto the terrace to smoke.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 18, 2014

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

The one thing I'm still pondering is whether or not the cake is better for the front or the back. At the end of the day you're still neutralizing a single guard, but I think I'd rather immobilize one in the back where it's easier to get caught and harder to safely kill. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the central area where you leave the cake is a great place to sneak through to begin with.

If the vault is on the far upstairs area having that lobby area as a second route is pretty useful. Especially since it'll sometimes spawn stationary guards blocking other paths and the vault desk is so open that you can't safely go through there most of the time.
On the other hand you can't have a noisy drill on the managers safe if you put the cake to the front since that aggroes even a vomiting guard.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Magni posted:

The 40 rounds in the extended mag set it apart pretty hard IMO. Less reloading and the ability to full-auto a Dozer apart in a hurry make a pretty big difference in practice at least for me.

See, I'm not really liking the full auto mod on it. It might be because I have horrible aim, but I felt with full auto that I was just burning through my ammo supply far more than I am comfortable with. Yet on the other hand using it in single shot makes me just wish I had a Rattlesnake instead.

Not really sold on the FAL at all. Pretty much the same for me as the Eagle, which I also don't use. Maybe I need to just give it more time and learn how to use it better.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
How are the specs on the FAL if you mod toward stealth? I'd like to have an assault rifle that doesn't destroy my vis

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Scott Forstall posted:

How are the specs on the FAL if you mod toward stealth? I'd like to have an assault rifle that doesn't destroy my vis

I don't have the game to compare to right now for all the stats. You can get a max of 23 concealment on it, problem is to keep that concealment level and make it silent your only option is the Low Profile Suppressor, which eats into the gun's damage.
Then again, if this is a stealth weapon I guess that doesn't matter that much. Also, your accuracy is going to be a rather unimpressive 8.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Hoxhud is pretty useful. 10/10.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The only time damage matters with a stealth gun is in Shadow Raid on the mercs. You could take a stripped down car-4 and gruber and be just fine for basically any situation that isn't going loud.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The Big Bank is surprisingly not poo poo for stealth, though my team did bone up when we killed the last camera guard in the vault area, putting us at 5 pagers. I can't help but think how much more hectic/fun it would be under the old stealth rules, but they probably changed them ahead of this map coming out so that you can't stealth it as easily.

Payout is still not super-great compared to some other maps.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I feel like the FAL should get more ammo, since you can't get the damage as high as the SCAR (or AKM for that matter). There's no reason to use it over the SCAR (other than it looking/sounding rad), and it was already hard to find a reason to use the SCAR.

Also, while unlocking mods through achievements is nice, those achievements not actually being tied to using the gun is awful.

Level 60+ pubbies, all of them were picking the lock. :suicide:

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 18, 2014

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
A frustrating hour or so with Judgement, Alpine and one more, repeatedly failing to even get past the timelock door, mostly due to desync, bugs and inconsistent civilian sightlines.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

A frustrating hour or so with Judgement, Alpine and one more, repeatedly failing to even get past the timelock door, mostly due to desync, bugs and inconsistent civilian sightlines.

Probably doesn't help that I (Ansob) had never actually done the heist and so didn't have much of a clue what was going on for the 30mn or so I played with you guys. Sorry!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Alkydere posted:

There's a small, random chance that everything goes perfectly well on Bain's end.

He's still an annoying shitbird.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Dezztroy posted:

I feel like the FAL should get more ammo, since you can't get the damage as high as the SCAR (or AKM for that matter). There's no reason to use it over the SCAR (other than it looking/sounding rad), and it was already hard to find a reason to use the SCAR.

Also, while unlocking mods through achievements is nice, those achievements not actually being tied to using the gun is awful.

Level 60+ pubbies, all of them were picking the lock. :suicide:

Not for nothing, but old pager rules might be at play:

1) p2p lag allowed them both to think the other wasn't doing it when they started

2) even if 2 people are on a pager, never stop answering a pager or else instant alert

As great as this update is, I'm going to hold off on it like the last.

I just realized that I've sunk a full game price into this game. The $1 Christmas album really helps compensate for it, for sure, but nickel-and-dime DLC when the game's already selling gangbuster?

Convince yourself that all that DLC money paid for the Dentist DLC to be super premium.

Oh, hey, speaking of the Christmas DLC, I got one left...

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
Is there a bug where people who pre-ordered aren't getting the Poetry Slam DLC masks?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You mean I shouldn't throw grenades at the tellers in order to stealth the mission while you pubbies allow that guards pager to go unanswered? Clearly, my being higher leveled than the rest of you combined means I should be kicked for it.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Domattee posted:

If the vault is on the far upstairs area having that lobby area as a second route is pretty useful. Especially since it'll sometimes spawn stationary guards blocking other paths and the vault desk is so open that you can't safely go through there most of the time.
On the other hand you can't have a noisy drill on the managers safe if you put the cake to the front since that aggroes even a vomiting guard.

We had precisely that vault and we were fine, but admittedly part of the reason why is that we only got civilians from the elevators and had agreeable camera positions, so we isolated two of the roaming guards and killed them, leaving only a poor sap stuck with poisoned cake in the elevator lobby and one wandering guard, who we repeatedly paged to the opposite side meeting room with the phone (which, while I'm on the subject, yes the conference phones in both meeting rooms do eventually lure guards). It was the smoothest run yet. Could've emptied the vault completely, but it was only VH, it was tedious, and we had turned the lasers off.

The vault desk isn't actually that bad as long as you don't get boxed in by two guards overwatching from both sides. At the very least, sneaking behind the desk is clearly meant to be a viable stealth route and in a pinch can be used to safely complete the upper floor loop.

Now that I know the elevators aren't a guaranteed guard spawn, I'm definitely leaning harder towards vault area cake. (There's also the rare chance for you to have all of your objectives on one floor while the guard spawns on the opposite floor, which is another way to save a pager.)

I dunno. I'm pretty sure the cake keeps the guard right under the camera that always seems to spawn covering the elevator lobby (but it can't actually see the elevators/pillars area, IIRC), so it's not like you'd be doing a lot of traversal on that side of the room normally anyway, I'd think.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Matlock Birthmark posted:

See, I'm not really liking the full auto mod on it. It might be because I have horrible aim, but I felt with full auto that I was just burning through my ammo supply far more than I am comfortable with. Yet on the other hand using it in single shot makes me just wish I had a Rattlesnake instead.

Not really sold on the FAL at all. Pretty much the same for me as the Eagle, which I also don't use. Maybe I need to just give it more time and learn how to use it better.

You don't need to put the mod on it. I currently just run it without either of the two, leave it in semi-auto mode and switch to full auto if I have to deal with a Dozer or an emergency that involves hosing down a hallway full of cops in three seconds without any regards for ammo consumption. The stat gains from either mod are for once not really worth losing the flexibility IMO.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Magni posted:

You don't need to put the mod on it. I currently just run it without either of the two, leave it in semi-auto mode and switch to full auto if I have to deal with a Dozer or an emergency that involves hosing down a hallway full of cops in three seconds without any regards for ammo consumption. The stat gains from either mod are for once not really worth losing the flexibility IMO.

Had not considered this, will give it a try this evening.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
The full auto mod is nice when you want to push a gun's damage breakpoint for headshots up a level. You'll typically do this with concealable guns.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Have the non-CAR-4/553 or the non-Para SMGs been buffed to the point where they're better for damage/accuracy/stability, in the last three months? Trying to figure out if I should just stick to my 553/Para combo for general usage (I'll likely move back to the CAR-4 once I have some more of the Gage mods unless the JP-36 or .762 are better now, or whatever).

I have the AK and UAR both at comparable stats with the Car-4 (40 damage, 16 and 18 accuracy respectively), it is just that the Car-4 has the bigger ammo pool and enough boosted accuracy that the quad stack mag doesn't take away from it.

With the Gage courier mod it is possible to push both an AK 7.62 and an AMR-16 to 50 damage while maintaining good accuracy, and both work better for full auto situations than the Eagle and Falcon IMO.

For SMGs I basically only use the Krinkov. With Gage mods it is a monster.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

It's hard for other weapons to compete with the Car4, it just gets too many good mods.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Magni posted:

Is there a fire selector in game or do you just mean tapping/holding m1

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Robot Randy posted:

Is there a fire selector in game or do you just mean tapping/holding m1

Did you not notice that most guns have a fire selector by default?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Just failed a Shadow Run run because a body fell down stairs, which disconnected me from the pager call. :what:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Not sure if it was bug or what, but Bobblehead Bob doesn't go through the vault room entrance unless the alarm is triggered :stare:

Also, AK 762, Eagle and Falcon are pretty much identical in stats except Falcon gets 10 less ammo and 2 less accuracy or so. As someone said it's not really better than SCAR or AK 762 stat-wise, but it does make up for by having faster RoF which is incredibly handy in taking down bulldozers if you have double magazine.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Party Plane Jones posted:

Just failed a Shadow Run run because a body fell down stairs, which disconnected me from the pager call. :what:

There are a lot of bugs in the game that are pretty small most of the time but absolutel deadly on Shadow Raid.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Did you not notice that most guns have a fire selector by default?

Holy poo poo when was this added

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Half a year ago; it was an advertised feature in Gage Weapon Pack #1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Party Plane Jones posted:

Yep, had that happen on a bank mission before. Shot a guard on the stairs up to the roof. Grabbed him to answer the pager then slowly watched in horror as the body inched down the stairs. Disconnected me from the pager with about one second left. I was so frustrated by that.

• Locked thread