Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Linguica posted:

"Hate Crime Reporting Act of 2014 - Directs the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) to update a report for Congress concerning the role of telecommunications in the commission of hate crimes.

Requires such report to include: (1) an analysis of the use of telecommunications (including the Internet, broadcast television and radio, cable television, public access television, commercial mobile services, and other electronic media) to advocate and encourage violent acts and the commission of hate crimes as specified in the Hate Crime Statistics Act; (2) NTIA recommendations; and (3) updates concerning the role of telecommunications in crimes of hate and violent acts against ethnic, religious, and racial minorities."

hmm yes how sharia-ish

This is where Muir's getting the Sharia poo poo.

http://patdollard.com/2014/04/hate-crime-reporting-act-0f-2014-s-2219-is-sharia-democrats-jihadis-seek-to-criminalize-free-speech/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Your Friend posted:

Who is this wax man made out of wax

Ah, good ol' Fahrenheit 451. As books they make you read in middle school go, this one's pretty over-rated.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Your Friend posted:

What muir isn't telling us is the library behind the wax man is the entirety of Free Republic dot com and Stormfront dot com printed in book form just so we can watch them burn

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
THey had planned to print out Day By Day to brun it, but not even fire will touch that filth.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Ah, good ol' Fahrenheit 451. As books they make you read in middle school go, this one's pretty over-rated.

I do like that it is regularly banned though.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

chairface posted:

Pine cones would be unpleasant to have shoved up one's rear end.

Please don't kink shame TIA

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

This doesn't make much sense at all and yet still manages to be kinda racist. Quite a feat Tinsley.

Actually the duck staring out at the audience with it's giant bill in straight on perspective is kind of disturbing. It's like it's mocking me.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Linguica posted:

"Hate Crime Reporting Act of 2014 - Directs the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) to update a report for Congress concerning the role of telecommunications in the commission of hate crimes.

Requires such report to include: (1) an analysis of the use of telecommunications (including the Internet, broadcast television and radio, cable television, public access television, commercial mobile services, and other electronic media) to advocate and encourage violent acts and the commission of hate crimes as specified in the Hate Crime Statistics Act; (2) NTIA recommendations; and (3) updates concerning the role of telecommunications in crimes of hate and violent acts against ethnic, religious, and racial minorities."

hmm yes how sharia-ish

"Hey, generate a report to tell us what is going on"

"OMG THEY ARE INSTITUTING MUSLIM THEOCRACY!"

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

cafel posted:

Actually the duck staring out at the audience with it's giant bill in straight on perspective is kind of disturbing. It's like it's mocking me.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

cafel posted:

This doesn't make much sense at all and yet still manages to be kinda racist. Quite a feat Tinsley.

I suppose what it's saying is Holder has not been fired, therefore he can never complain about anything ever. You might even say he's getting uppity.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Pththya-lyi posted:

Well I think its all relative because I would rather read 451 than say Scarlet Letter or Catcher in the Rye. Ordinary People and To Kill A Mockingbird are still great imo.

Though out of Ray Bradbury's work my favorite school assigned story of his will always be "There Will Come Soft Rains"

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

"There Will Come Soft Rains"

:allears:

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
That poor dog :smith:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Srsly, also the orig poem referenced in that story is real good too

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This may be the only time I get to share this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfI69DC_jaw
Soviet animation of There Will Come Soft Rains.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

:vince: :drat:

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Let's compare and contrast the same idea, only with effort versus no effort put into that idea.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

Eric Holder is my least favorite member of the Obama administration, I think he should be replaced and I think nearly all of the poo poo he's gotten during his term is earned. But goddamn if Tinsley can't make me wanna defend the dude. I have not been subjected to any criticism of Holder I thought was racist, but it's pretty obvious Tinsley simply does not believe that anyone suffers any racism -- especially prominent minorities! -- so anyone saying ever that they've suffered from prejudice is simply just a lying sack of poo poo. Go get hosed, Tinsley.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

He's gonna put y'all in chains!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Here is a stupid thing I made.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Your Friend posted:

Oskar Werner.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

The book made it clear Montag was a hideous burn victim wait no Muir's still crazy.

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

cafel posted:

Let's compare and contrast the same idea, only with effort versus no effort put into that idea.

Christ, I always ignore Gorrell toons because they're boring but for some reason this is the first one that made me really angry since... well...

Goddammit.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

pd187 posted:

Christ, I always ignore Gorrell toons because they're boring but for some reason this is the first one that made me really angry since... well...

Goddammit.

Oh my God, this is The Stupidest Opinion*. Hey do you think maybe it matters what those cuts actually do even if they're a small part of the budget? I'm sure if the Hiltons decided to stop feeding one of the grandkids, the savings would be tiny compared to their expenses so it must not be harmful or important at all, right?

*Not really, don't suggest stupider, we all know where that leads.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

VitalSigns posted:

Oh my God, this is The Stupidest Opinion*. Hey do you think maybe it matters what those cuts actually do even if they're a small part of the budget? I'm sure if the Hiltons decided to stop feeding one of the grandkids, the savings would be tiny compared to their expenses so it must not be harmful or important at all, right?

*Not really, don't suggest stupider, we all know where that leads.
It is the stupidist opinion, but mostly because it's in bad faith. That dotted line clearly does not represent 7% of the area of that dollar bill.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Rorus Raz posted:

Don't say that. Don't let anyone tell you that. It's beautiful.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Ah yes, the Nazis, famous for coming from Ukraine.

Concentration camps were staffed with non-Germans to surprisingly large degree and ethnic Ukrainians were quite overrepresented in that regard. So that's probably what he is getting at.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

JT Jag posted:

It is the stupidist opinion, but mostly because it's in bad faith. That dotted line clearly does not represent 7% of the area of that dollar bill.

Well yes that too, but even leaving aside his graphical lying: I could cut 7% off of my budget and be just fine (eat out less, drink less, etc). Or I could cut 7% off my budget and have it be loving horrible (not pay rent in full, stop buying staple foods, etc)

Now let's think about the sequester: you know, the cuts that were designed to be maximally painful to each side* so they'd have no choice but to come up with a budget deal rather than see it happen...hmmmm Gorrell, might those targeted cuts be disastrous?

*Unfortunately, the Democrats fell for the Republican "Support the Troops" propaganda and assumed they'd want to avoid hurting military families with budget cuts. Whoops!

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Another fairly blah Bennett today:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Thermos H Christ posted:

I chuckled. We got a tea party idiot running locally and it's pure Mickey Mouse bullshit.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Thermos H Christ posted:

I wonder if Bennet is sick or something. :( lots of low effort ones lately.

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

pd187 posted:

Goddammit.

It's also heaps dishonest because the fact that it's a a TINY BIT of ONE FRICKIN' DOLLAR suggests it's a fragment of a fragment - rather than a fragment of, y'know, everything.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Kerry Speak

Do you think that Kerry could screw up even more? No? Stay tuned for further developments.
Labels: Arabs, Israel, Jews, kerry, Negotiations, Palestine, Peace, Talks, West Bank

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Kerry Speak

Do you think that Kerry could screw up even more? No? Stay tuned for further developments.
Labels: Arabs, Israel, Jews, kerry, Negotiations, Palestine, Peace, Talks, West Bank

Jesus panel 1 is some skeezy bullshit. "A Germany that allows Germans to live in Poland" "Is still Nazi Germany, you rear end in a top hat"

What a loving chickenshit way to phrase it.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Apr 30, 2014

Abilifier
Apr 8, 2008

Rorus Raz posted:

Um, I think this cartoon goes a little too far. It seems like you're implying that Israelis are inherently evil, you know, with evil blackened hearts and forked tongues. Is this really the message you want to send?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Mirthless posted:

I wonder if Bennet is sick or something. :( lots of low effort ones lately.

I don't think that's low effort really, it's just not as inspired as his best work. Nobody can kill it every time. Honestly if he manages to make 10 truly great ones a year that's very impressive and I think he's likely to surpass that mark for years to come.

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Apr 30, 2014

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Abilifier posted:

Um, I think this cartoon goes a little too far. It seems like you're implying that Israelis are inherently evil, you know, with evil blackened hearts and forked tongues. Is this really the message you want to send?

Not Israelis generally I think, just Kirschen and those who think like him.

Abilifier
Apr 8, 2008

Thermos H Christ posted:

Not Israelis generally I think, just Kirschen and those who think like him.

Fair enough, Kirschen is a turd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Rorus Raz posted:

Um, I think this cartoon goes a little too far. It seems like you're implying that Palestinian terrorists are inherently evil, you know, with evil blackened hearts and forked tongues. Is this really the message you want to send?

• Locked thread