Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

What's the Achewood that goes something like "All teens want is to wear a dope hoodie while eating carbs"?

I think the line was "wearing a dope hoodie while receiving praise" but I can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I liked this strip but I feel like Cornelius wouldn't need an app to score.. he's got more game than any of them aside from Ray.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Cornelius may not understand the computer but his heart is in the right place

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Don’t worry, Cornelius. Ray took care of it.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

chunkles posted:

sexting one handed with an ouija board not a bad comeback though. teodor survived

Also "Your people aren't on Tinder, they're in pine!" would slay anybody who wasn't the impervious edifice of class that is Cornelius.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Chas McGill posted:

I liked this strip but I feel like Cornelius wouldn't need an app to score.. he's got more game than any of them aside from Ray.

Even Michael Jordan sometimes benefitted from a trainer and a coach.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

moot the hopple posted:

Beef describing his knowledge of internet perverts as "his grunchy side" is something I've used a couple times over the years

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
mental chat sex!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
If you are known as "sort of a main pervert on the Internet," you've got a problem.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"Ray Smuckles, not of the Internet." Still one of my favorite lines.

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)

moot the hopple posted:

"Even with Flash" is when I lost it. drat that was a chuckle.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Dunny posted:

"Even with Flash" is when I lost it. drat that was a chuckle.

It's too bad the kids these days won't have the frame of reference to get it.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I just finished reading through the collected old stuff (thanks again, Dunny) and started the new stuff

the strips are great but the Patreon UI sucks dick

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Patreon really breaks down for anything that's not like a podcast that offers an RSS feed that you can plug into your app of choice. Onstad recently did an AMA through the comments but it only let you load a few comments at a time and you had to click to read every one of his response because replies are nested.

It's a shame too because the Achewood site for the older comics is very streamlined at this point with autoscrolling, searchable text, etc.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Yeah the Patreon UI was clearly not designed for this, and frankly I'm not a big fan of the multiple pay tiers for Achewood content. I just paid for the lowest tier and apparently missed at least one good drop.

But if feels dumb, it's like a form of gambling. -pays more- buzzer -no special content this month, Try again soon-

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Scags McDouglas posted:

Yeah the Patreon UI was clearly not designed for this, and frankly I'm not a big fan of the multiple pay tiers for Achewood content. I just paid for the lowest tier and apparently missed at least one good drop.

But if feels dumb, it's like a form of gambling. -pays more- buzzer -no special content this month, Try again soon-

That's the whole purpose though? You pay less you get less. I don't know what you expected.

$14 bucks a month ain't poo poo.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It absolutely is for some people. Cmon

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Yeah 170 bones a year in perpetuity is too rich for my blood, especially given the unclear return on value. I've only heard of one good post that I missed so far.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

you’d only need to sell one bottle of dog penis medicine to afford it

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

panko posted:

lol

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

panko posted:

but what about Ricky??

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The Cal Ripken of not making rent actually does have the money to subscribe to a webcomics kickstarter as it turns out.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Antivehicular posted:

but what about Ricky??

That strip is from 16 years ago. Ricky is dead.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ray is one of the best fictional characters of all time

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Don’t distract me Pat. Accidents. Crashes. A family is changed forever.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
"Rad!" yelled Roland,
spooning banana compote into more Bailey's-filled shooters. “RAAAAAAAD!”

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Now I'm burning with curiosity about the punchline of the mailman bj joke before it trailed off.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The "oh neat 50 bucks" panel may be one of best moments of the whole comic. On its face it's just a little funny gag, but if you have been following the strip, it's a perfect encapsulation of Ray and his unearned and otherworldly good fortune.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The "oh neat 50 bucks" panel may be one of best moments of the whole comic. On its face it's just a little funny gag, but if you have been following the strip, it's a perfect encapsulation of Ray and his unearned and otherworldly good fortune.

that and

"Look, here's the funny thing. I don't know you, yet I have hired a variety of men to create a certain sort of relationship with you. What? Oh. A death relationship."

really sum up the character. Ray is an absurd collection of lust and unearned wealth but he pays attention

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Bismack Billabongo posted:

"Rad!" yelled Roland,
spooning banana compote into more Bailey's-filled shooters. “RAAAAAAAD!”

cask-strength gay

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Pattonesque posted:

that and

"Look, here's the funny thing. I don't know you, yet I have hired a variety of men to create a certain sort of relationship with you. What? Oh. A death relationship."

really sum up the character. Ray is an absurd collection of lust and unearned wealth but he pays attention

To be fair, Beef was the one paying attention to the main pervs of the day. Ray just reacted appropriately, and then had a completely trashy orgasm.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
They had to coconut-infuse their own rum in those days

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Ultimately the taliban bartender kept his sunni disposition in spite of everything.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Ultimately the taliban bartender kept his sunni disposition in spite of everything.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

That joke was shiite

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

also that beef and teodor are covered in bumps and bruises but ray is unscathed

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Same genre as when Ray lands his skateboard with a crisp klik while Beef wipes out and exposes his nads trying to do the same trick.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Nah his junk flops out on the skateboard when he's just rattling down the stairs. You're probably thinking of when he lands on the crossbar of his crusty old bike and his bozack swells up like a little angry plum.

"Hey BEEF! You landed on your NUTS again! How come?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Looking down at him in his brand-new tortoiseshell Vaurnets

Ray also had his Gotcha jams on

(All those details were incomprehensible to me on first read as an elder millennial who didn't know designer brands of the early 80's)

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 21:06 on May 22, 2024