Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Monster Mash posted:

You will have to catch a plane, find an internet cafe, unlock it and then bring it back to your home country

Not even that will work as it's locked to the region of the store you bought it in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Monster Mash posted:

You will have to catch a plane, find an internet cafe, unlock it and then bring it back to your home country
Why not just keep flying laps around the International Date Line until you end up in the future, unlock it, then fly as many times backwards as you need to return to the present?

Edit: pick me up some future lottery numbers while you're there.
Edit 2: also let me know if we're invaded by robots.
Edit 3: if so, find out if they're running a lottery for cyber-credits and get me the numbers.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Since they haven't confirmed elemental damage immunity in raids

The preview video for the Playstation-exclusive strike confirmed it. It would be dumb to have it in the strike but not in the raid.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Mimetic posted:

The preview video for the Playstation-exclusive strike confirmed it. It would be dumb to have it in the strike but not in the raid.

Woah are you saying the bungie employee is wrong???!?!?!

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
I kept hearing about this game so I went and watched a bunch of videos and read the OP and welp there goes sixty bucks. Sure hope it doesn't suck cant wait to punch things in the face and ignore gunplay as much as possible

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Luminous Cow posted:

I kept hearing about this game so I went and watched a bunch of videos and read the OP and welp there goes sixty bucks. Sure hope it doesn't suck cant wait to punch things in the face and ignore gunplay as much as possible

Prepare to be disappointed

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
The exclusive strike video didn't confirm elemental immunity at all. Here it is so you can watch it again if you want to check:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6eFgqDnK7M

It's been confirmed that there are certain enemies who have shields that will be take more damage from certain elemental damage types. That's how elemental damage works - there would be no point to it if it didn't effect certain enemies more. In the latest weekly update Bungie also gave the example of certain heroic / nightfall missions having modifiers that made arc damage 300% more effective, for the player weapons but also the enemy weapons.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Hrmmmm...

Time for a customer support email.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Everyone who ordered on Amazon is acting like this is the first thing they ever ordered online before

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

It used to say Sept 9.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Yup then it got delayed as sometimes happens with the mail

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Fateo McMurray posted:

Everyone who ordered on Amazon is acting like this is the first thing they ever ordered online before

Nah, Amazon has been getting consistently worse about accurate shipping times on video game stuff as far as release date delivery is concerned. It's like rolling the dice on whether they'll ship it so you get it on release day or not.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A SWELL DUDE posted:

Hey guys I preordered the digital edition and have it downloaded when can I play it there is a countdown timer but I don't know if that's to be trusted will it help if I change my PlayStation 4 console to New Zealand time tia

If you do your game will still unlock at the same time, but be really aggressive and racist to Maori for some reason.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Fateo McMurray posted:

Yup then it got delayed as sometimes happens with the mail

It hasn't shipped yet.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

ColdPie posted:

It hasn't shipped yet.

Someone should explain to you how mail works. Amazon does not make the products it ships. It has to get to them first. They also don't have infinite copies. Any of those could cause the delay.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Fateo McMurray posted:

Someone should explain to you how mail works. Amazon does not make the products it ships. It has to get to them first. They also don't have infinite copies. Any of those could cause the delay.

Okay. Let's see what customer service says.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Monster Mash posted:

Confirm this will work. But to clarify, he means you have to bring the whole Internet cafe back with you.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
With Amazon shipping delays and digital going live at 3am EST, it looks like Gamestop midnight launch was the right choice.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Tomahawk posted:

With Amazon shipping delays and digital going live at 3am EST, it looks like Gamestop midnight launch was the right choice.

Bring a bottle of febreeze to spray Them with.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Tomahawk posted:

Lol

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Tomahawk posted:

You're probably right about that. By the time you drive home and install the game and finish downloading any updates, you'll totes have like an hour headstart on us digital plebs. :argh:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Jokes on everyone - servers will be a smoking crater til at least the 10th.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
PSN will die on Tuesday, requiring a day or so of maintenance to fix.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

You're in luck, there's quite a few. Spoilers for those who don't want to know of the shaders available in-game. I don't think it's a complete list as it doesn't include the shader that was given as part of the codes included in the collector's edition.

Interesting choice of weapon on that titan...

Is that a giant loving Bowie knife sword??

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Let me tell you about this one time when Socom 4 was released...

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Levantine posted:

Jokes on everyone - servers will be a smoking crater til at least the 10th October.

You had a typo.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

A SWELL DUDE posted:

You're probably right about that. By the time you drive home and install the game and finish downloading any updates, you'll totes have like an hour headstart on us digital plebs. :argh:

That's one extra hour of time I'll have to clear Vault of Glass with my elite gaming clan. :smug:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Sorry dawg, my bad.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Tomahawk posted:

That's one extra hour of time I'll have to clear Vault of Glass with my elite gaming clan. :smug:

They're gating it off because they don't want any "all endgame content cleared first day" headlines.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Tomahawk posted:

Gamestop midnight launch was the right choice.

no

NO

that is never the right choice

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

a cop posted:

They're gating it off because they don't want any "all endgame content cleared first day" headlines.

You missed the little asterisk where it reveals that Day 1 Vault of Glass is a GameStop Preorder Exclusive.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Luminous Cow posted:

no

NO

that is never the right choice

the only time when going to Walmart is a better choice.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Obsurveyor posted:

Nah, Amazon has been getting consistently worse about accurate shipping times on video game stuff as far as release date delivery is concerned. It's like rolling the dice on whether they'll ship it so you get it on release day or not.

Have they? Haven't noticed since I order everything from Amazon and it's always on time or early.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Tomahawk posted:

You missed the little asterisk where it reveals that Day 1 Vault of Glass is a GameStop Preorder Exclusive.

Bungie update this week said the Vault wont open til 9/16 and you only get in if you're level 25, no asterisk.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Tomahawk posted:

No no, that one is the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Vault of DEWritos Xtreme Baja Blast Gordito Challenge Arena.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

ColdPie posted:

Hrmmmm...

Time for a customer support email.

This is why I cancelled my amazon preorder and went digital. With preloading, I can wake up on Tuesday and start playing. no fuss, no waiting until 8 pm for a delivery guy to show up. Of course the severs will likely be on fire, but it's the principle that counts.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So for people who've played around with the character creator in beta, would anyone happen to know how plausible it is to make an older looking character or is this one of those character creators that only does 20 somethings with perfect skin?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The character customization isn't very robust, you customize with gear

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

The creator limited you to pre-made stock faces and features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Fateo McMurray posted:

Actually, this is the first time I am using Amazon to get a game on release day (thanks to gift cards and getting a Prime trial for two-day shipping) so I'm gonna go ahead and ask my question:

If Amazon is using Two Day shipping, and it's supposed to be there on Tuesday, shouldn't it have gone out by tonight? Or does Fed Ex pick up from Amazon on Sundays? My order still says "Guaranteed delivery by: Tuesday, September 9"

And I wish there was a way to learn when Fed Ex usually delivers to an area. I've never had them come to this apartment. I'd take Tuesday off, but why bother if they come at 7pm?

• Locked thread