Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boz
Oct 16, 2005

The Gunslinger posted:

I'm 30 coins from 400 and have done all of the surveys. Is there any other way to earn some coins? So frustrating, I really want that 18 game card case and I don't want to wait a month until Bravely Default comes out in NA because they will probably run out or something.

edit: glad to help

boz fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just grabbed gunman Clive and I feel like they defiantly could have charged way more than 2 bux for this.

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001

NESguerilla posted:

Just grabbed gunman Clive and I feel like they defiantly could have charged way more than 2 bux for this.

Yeah, but I'm glad they didn't. Probably never would have picked it up if it were more, and it is really short. Of course duck mode makes up for that.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Senran Kagura has a European release date, plus box art:

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/senran-kagura-european-boxart-100-boobs/

I wonder why they're getting a physical release but NA isn't. Seems almost insulting.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I wonder why they're getting a physical release but NA isn't. Seems almost insulting.

I've read in the past that European countries are more likely to actually buy retail versions of anime games than North Americans. There's a bunch of anime franchises with games, and almost always do they get dual releases in Europe while NA gets digital (see: Saint Seiya, One Piece, Fist of the North Star). NA only seems to get sure fire sellers, like that new 4-player DBZ game coming out this month.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

boz posted:

Send me a message at xbozzy at gmail.com and I'll give you my PIN for 3d world.

Thanks so much man, really appreciate it.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Castor Poe posted:

Dumb question, but can you buy those with real money?

If you wanted one, I have coins that may expire soon and I figured I'd do something awesome with them. You can drop me a PM or I can chuck my e-mail here if you'd like.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Senran Kagura has a European release date, plus box art:

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/senran-kagura-european-boxart-100-boobs/

Is this meant to actually be a good game or just a strange anime boob thing? I don't really get why bizarre stuff like this is being translated for EU but we still don't have a release date for Rune Factory 4 :(

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

Brasseye posted:

Is this meant to actually be a good game or just a strange anime boob thing?

It's both.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

One theory I've heard is that retailers like Wal-Mart and such don't want naughty games on their shelves, due to Nintendo having a reputation for being a family friendly game system and don't want negative publicity from over-protective mothers or religious groups. So they passed the puck to Nintendo's eShop. Sounds plausible to me, but since I don't living in the US of A, I can't say for certain.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Brasseye posted:

Is this meant to actually be a good game or just a strange anime boob thing? I don't really get why bizarre stuff like this is being translated for EU but we still don't have a release date for Rune Factory 4 :(
Not to mention SMT IV.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Rexroom posted:

One theory I've heard is that retailers like Wal-Mart and such don't want naughty games on their shelves, due to Nintendo having a reputation for being a family friendly game system and don't want negative publicity from over-protective mothers or religious groups. So they passed the puck to Nintendo's eShop. Sounds plausible to me, but since I don't living in the US of A, I can't say for certain.

Seems plausible. Atlus had to make an alt cover for Catherine to keep walmart from whining.

edit: Of course if a game I guaranteed to sell a billion copies in 6 hours, Walmart makes an exception.

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 16, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

Seems plausible. Atlus had to make an alt cover for Catherine to keep walmart from whining.

Wal-mart also would only carry R-rated versions of movies (hence why you had DVD's released with separate theatrical and unrated edition SKU's) as well as Full Screen movies only for ages.

Dunderhead
Dec 31, 2003
Airdisc^2
I forgot (and procrastinated) posting my 2013 data! I purchased my BLACK 3DS XL the day it came out, which was August 11, 2013. So I haven't had the system that long. Anyway...

Steps: 232,224

Play Time: 83:09

Theatrhythm: 42:55
StreetPass Mii Plaza: 25:35
Nintendo eShop: 4:09
Mario Kart 7: 2:50

Misc: Rest of Time (very small amounts)

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Dunderhead posted:

Theatrhythm: 42:55

I like FF music but I'd probably have shot myself well before then.

Dunderhead
Dec 31, 2003
Airdisc^2

zenintrude posted:

I like FF music but I'd probably have shot myself well before then.

It's freaking awesome. I have a lot to unlock still. Some of the StreePass' I get for that game have people that have played 80+ hours. Can't wait for the second game!

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Rexroom posted:

My personal theory is basically one part that, one part generally more welcoming to anime games, twenty eight parts Zen United being entirely staffed by insane people.

Entirely unsurprised by the PEGI 16, at least, although I'm more curious at what's up with it not being published by Zen United, but rather by "MAQL Europe". I wonder if it's another case of Zen United in disguise (a la Arc Systemworks Europe) or a genuinely new company. Could also mean that Marvellous AQL landed a long-term deal with Zen United for all of their future games, with presumably Xseed handling the US (because they're a MAQL subsidiary, duh).

Incidentally, apparently Zen United is also handling EU duties for Rune Factory 4, with a release date of 3d10/2d6/1d3+2013.

Delusibeta fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 16, 2014

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

univbee posted:

Wal-mart also would only carry R-rated versions of movies (hence why you had DVD's released with separate theatrical and unrated edition SKU's) as well as Full Screen movies only for ages.

I love that Walmart to this day refuses to stock music with bad words. If it has a parental advisory logo on it, Walmart refuses to carry it. They keep the CDs next to the movies with violence nudity and bad words, the videogames with violence nudity and bad words, and novels with graphic sex rape and bad words.

Yeah makes sense.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Is there anyone out there that manufactures a 3DS stylus that doesn't have a hard metallic or plastic tip? I've got quite a few scratches on my touchscreen now, and I really don't want to have to be so gingerly with this thing if I'm going to be training Pokemon or playing Picross a lot.

I finally tried out the Galaxy Note 3 today and I really like the stylus on that thing. It's got a soft, almost rubbery tip on it. Something like that would be great for a 3DS.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

DizzyBum posted:

Is there anyone out there that manufactures a 3DS stylus that doesn't have a hard metallic or plastic tip? I've got quite a few scratches on my touchscreen now, and I really don't want to have to be so gingerly with this thing if I'm going to be training Pokemon or playing Picross a lot.
Make sure you get a screen protector.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

duckfarts posted:

Make sure you get a screen protector.

Yeah, I should. I have a regular 3DS - is there a recommended brand?

EDIT: The OP says Hori is good. I've bought them for my DS Lite in the past, so yeah, sounds good to me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

DizzyBum posted:

Yeah, I should. I have a regular 3DS - is there a recommended brand?

Hori screen protectors are officially licensed and probably the best, just make sure to apply them correct. I feel like every time a conversation in here erupts about screen protectors like 5 people realize they didn't take the top layer off and that's why they've marked it up so badly already.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
This Bravely Default demo is a lot of fun but street pass being required to progress if I don't want to wait hours every time I clear an area can gently caress right off. Street pass is the dumbest crap.

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013
You can download villagers online in the full game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

after you beat the 2nd boss save in town and talk to the people. one of them will give you another villager. reload the save and the villager count stays but he keeps giving you an extra one each time. took me less than 10 minutes to get 20.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

after you beat the 2nd boss save in town and talk to the people. one of them will give you another villager. reload the save and the villager count stays but he keeps giving you an extra one each time. took me less than 10 minutes to get 20.

I read about that after I'd already redeemed the free extra guy :v:

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Just finished Steamworld Dig. I loved it until I got to the last world then the traps made everything super hectic but that was only like the last 45 minutes of a five hour game.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Beat the bravely default demo and it's really not that hard as long as you know to pick jobs immediately and brave/default your healer at the right times to deal with burst damage from bosses. Now I just need to idle for a bit to finish the village restoration.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

big mean giraffe posted:

This Bravely Default demo is a lot of fun but street pass being required to progress if I don't want to wait hours every time I clear an area can gently caress right off. Street pass is the dumbest crap.

I've been sitting at 10/10 Notifications for the Bravely Default demo, and I've yet to start playing it.

Set up HomePass and you'll get dozens of StreetPass Miis an hour.

Even before setting up HomePass, I'd make sure to visit Nintendo Zones as often as possible to fill up mine and my daughter's 3DS XL will a ton of Miis. On the way home from work, I could just slow down when next to a McDonald's and my green LED would come on.

StreetPass is one of the coolest things, ever.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Xenomorph posted:

I've been sitting at 10/10 Notifications for the Bravely Default demo, and I've yet to start playing it.

Set up HomePass and you'll get dozens of StreetPass Miis an hour.

Even before setting up HomePass, I'd make sure to visit Nintendo Zones as often as possible to fill up mine and my daughter's 3DS XL will a ton of Miis. On the way home from work, I could just slow down when next to a McDonald's and my green LED would come on.

StreetPass is one of the coolest things, ever.

Homepass isn't really an option and I live in a small town so nintendo zones are worthless.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

DizzyBum posted:

I finally tried out the Galaxy Note 3 today and I really like the stylus on that thing. It's got a soft, almost rubbery tip on it. Something like that would be great for a 3DS.

I bought a cheap capacitive stylus with a soft tip (designed for a tablet) and have been using that. The tip is larger than the stock stylus so it's a bit harder to use on the keyboard, but for anything with a sliding motion (Theatrhythm or Kid Icarus) it works really well.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
I know this is kind of out there to ask, but are there any kind goons out there with spare Club Nintendo codes they aren't going to use?

I'm 10 points away from getting the Mario Nintendo 3DS pouch, as well as Gold Status. I'm so close yet so far...

If you're willing to help, add me on Steam!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/nanomachines/

General Morden fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 17, 2014

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I've got a bunch sitting around pm and I'll dig them up tomorrow. I don't really use steam much.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

NESguerilla posted:

Yeah I've got a bunch sitting around pm and I'll dig them up tomorrow. I don't really use steam much.

Unfortunately, I don't have PM functionality on the forums.

Would it be more convenient for you to email it to me?

If so, my email is nomadicninja@hotmail.com

In any case, thank you for your kindness!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I feel like an idiot. How do I get into the mini-town you restore to buy items in Bravely Default demo? I upgraded everything and this quest says I need to get items from there or I'll be destroyed.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

flyboi posted:

I feel like an idiot. How do I get into the mini-town you restore to buy items in Bravely Default demo? I upgraded everything and this quest says I need to get items from there or I'll be destroyed.

Talk to the Traveller (the guy you use to save your game) and pick "buy items/equipment"

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars was a good TBS right? I saw it laying around for 70% off so I picked it up but the entire backside is filled with health warnings so I can't really discover if it actually is (a good) one.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Davincie posted:

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars was a good TBS right? I saw it laying around for 70% off so I picked it up but the entire backside is filled with health warnings so I can't really discover if it actually is (a good) one.

Yes, people who like strategy games tend to like it.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Davincie posted:

Its got a lot of content so it will be worth your money. Very limited on the character customization side but overall a good TBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Whew, haven't been here in like two months

I picked up a eShop 20 dollar card, and was thinking of picking up Steamworld Dig, but I have 10 bucks left over. Is Chibi Robo: Photo Finder worth it? As a huge fan of the franchise, and who still has Park Patrol, is the game good, or bad?

• Locked thread