Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Bandwagon. Didn't know there was a forum, I normally get all my news from the Dev diaries/this thread. Dittoing the sentiment for most game forums (including the Paradox forum, mod links aside).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

You guys should rename the game Clockwork Saga

nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance
A blog post summarizing what we learned about at Steam Dev Days:

http://www.gaslampgames.com/2014/01/22/what-we-learned-at-steam-dev-days/

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Please make a event that causes the entire community to go fez-crazy, and refuse to wear any hat that is not fez, and eventually the fez madness reaches the point where they will lynch anyone who shows up who adorns their cranium with anything but a fez.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

I'm just glad that hat drops are being added to the game.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Ratoslov posted:

Please make a event that causes the entire community to go fez-crazy, and refuse to wear any hat that is not fez, and eventually the fez madness reaches the point where they will lynch anyone who shows up who adorns their cranium with anything but a fez.

My tentative eventual plan is that there will be a Hat that is in Fashion. People who care about Fashion will demand and crave the current Hat, whereas last year's hat is totally unfashionable and it will negatively affect the hat-savvy. One must keep up with the times, you know.

That said, this is so far down the list of TODOs it's not even funny.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Would the following individuals please, first, watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW_xGlL1XOc

then shoot me an e-mail at (my first name).(my last name)@gaslampgames.com (where you will put in my first, and last name, and remove the brackets, as a simple intelligence test):

Pozzo
StarkRavingMad
President Ark
Deadmeat150
Volmarias
Tias
Wiggly Wayne, DDS

with your user name, and then post here - in the forum - to confirm that it was really you who sent an e-mail to my e-mail, and not just some schmuck.

nvining fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 26, 2014

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

This is the beginning of something glorious. :allears:

nvining
May 30, 2011

omeg posted:

This is the beginning of something glorious. :allears:

Please note: by redeeming the golden ticket, you will be horribly maimed and will come to regret the experience.

EDIT: Our musician says that this is blocked in the US. Can anybody confirm?

EDIT 2: It may also be blocked in the US, but I will remind you of the following part of the same film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKZT2u3gYQI

This is... probably a better metaphor here.

nvining fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 22, 2014

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Remember guys, do not lick the Dunwich Horrors. They in fact taste nothing like snozzberries.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
I'm in the US and it isn't blocked for me. :shrug:

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Not blocked for me, either. I will say, offtopic, that they couldn't have picked a better actor for Willy Wonka than Gene Wilder. drat. He's born for it.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Not a receiver of a ticket, but what is the status of NDA on this beta test? Having great LPers play would be criminal without letting them preform their art :allears:

nvining
May 30, 2011

Triskelli posted:

Not a receiver of a ticket, but what is the status of NDA on this beta test? Having great LPers play would be criminal without letting them preform their art :allears:

There's probably not enough physical content *in* the current build to actually get an LP out of. Other NDA rules are To Be Determined.

nvining fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 23, 2014

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I have redeemed my golden ticket.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Overwined posted:

Not blocked for me, either. I will say, offtopic, that they couldn't have picked a better actor for Willy Wonka than Gene Wilder. drat. He's born for it.

Pffft I think the much better actor for the role was Johnny De-:fuckoff: Just kidding, though Wilder's best comedic work was Young Frankenstien IMO. :allears:

Am I the only one who found that movie somewhat disturbing as a kid? Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, that is.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Pffft I think the much better actor for the role was Johnny De-:fuckoff: Just kidding, though Wilder's best comedic work was Young Frankenstien IMO. :allears:

Am I the only one who found that movie somewhat disturbing as a kid? Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, that is.

I loved it because I found it disturbing.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Oh boy :holy:

I have sent an email, my address is Arkan150 at gmail dot com and I put my username in the subject.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Au email has been sent.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

nvining posted:

Would the following individuals please, first, watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW_xGlL1XOc

then shoot me an e-mail at (my first name).(my last name)@gaslampgames.com (where you will put in my first, and last name, and remove the brackets, as a simple intelligence test):

Pozzo
StarkRavingMad
President Ark
Deadmeat150
Volmarias
Tias
Wiggly Wayne, DDS

with your user name, and then post here - in the forum - to confirm that it was really you who sent an e-mail to my e-mail, and not just some schmuck.

I sent you an email, but I'm not sure I got your first name right. If you didn't get an email from my username at a major email provider, then something has gone terribly wrong.

I'm not sure if that makes me better or worse for this.

Edit: my name is struck through, what just happened oh gad

Double edit: \/\/\/\/ :gonk:

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 23, 2014

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Volmarias posted:

Edit: my name is struck through, what just happened oh gad

You have been selected. Please do not be alarmed. One of the Auditors will be with you shortly. The process is mostly painless.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I will pay any of you lucky people nodollars for your stuff. Or something.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
:argh: I'll just have to console myself with the possibility of getting into the Star Ruler 2 beta.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

nvining posted:

There's probably not enough physical content *in* the current build to actually get an LP out of. Other NDA rules are To Be Determined.

The golden ticket is a cosmic horror that will pull those poor goons' souls into the beta to be the content, isn't it?

Also requesting the ability to dye hats the color out of space.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

LtSmash posted:

The golden ticket is a cosmic horror that will pull those poor goons' souls into the beta to be the content, isn't it?

Do  not  be  absurd.  I  am  fine.  Everything  is  fine.:)

help

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Beta test results:

3 lost to madness
4 suicides
3 rendered blind
1 spontaneous combustion

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Agean90 posted:

Beta test results:

3 lost to madness
4 suicides
3 rendered blind
1 spontaneous combustion

That covers the players, what happened to the characters in the game?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

TildeATH posted:

I don't think you've been briefed on the manner in which the "players" met their unfortunate results.

Rydash
Dec 23, 2011

You got a real problem in here, gonna cost ya extra.

TildeATH posted:

With no one to guide them, they transformed into the worst of things: poets gossipers.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I have to say I'm very jealous.

Though it's awesome that some people are getting rewarded in this thread. Can't wait to hear stories from them.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I knew I should have posted in this thread more often!

I hope you all go stark raving mad :smith:

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
Fun fact; a friend of mine paid for my SA account just so I could have a chance to get into the CE beta. Truest possible friend.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
^^^^^^^^^ Look at that awesome avatar.

Admiral Funk posted:

Fun fact; a friend of mine paid for my SA account just so I could have a chance to get into the CE beta. Truest possible friend.

That is a good friend.

I have paid for THREE people's accounts just so I knew people in real life I could game with in TG. None of them remained :(

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 23, 2014

nvining
May 30, 2011

Admiral Funk posted:

Your story of friendship touches me.

You may have an icon.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

nvining posted:

Your story of friendship touches me.

You may have an icon.

This is the best game community. :unsmith:

nvining
May 30, 2011

Incidentally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that our previous game, Dungeons of Dredmor, with all of its expansion packs, is part of this week's Humble Weekly Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

If you have any friends who have not been introduced to the glory of Digglemania, now is a good time to spread the love.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

What a majestic and dignified avatar. Thanks a ton!

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I really hope the guys in the beta test to a halfass job so all the insanity we've been reading about in the devlogs makes it into the game. Don't fix the bugs, refine them.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Kris xK posted:

I really hope the guys in the beta test to a halfass job so all the insanity we've been reading about in the devlogs makes it into the game. Don't fix the bugs, refine them.

Heh. I wish it was that exciting. Where we are right now with the pre-alpha - before The Magnificent Seven even get a shot at it - is that people will play the game and then, suddenly, everybody will just stop working, starve to death, and die.

Not every bug is glamorous. The reality of game development is that while we post the silly bugs, the day-to-day of it is very much "Hey, people don't know when trees are being chopped down - we need to add visual feedback!", "Hey, the game runs at 2FPS on the Intel HD3000", and "Hey, everybody suddenly just starves to death and it isn't actually funny."

I'm such a downer, aren't I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

nvining posted:

Incidentally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that our previous game, Dungeons of Dredmor, with all of its expansion packs, is part of this week's Humble Weekly Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

If you have any friends who have not been introduced to the glory of Digglemania, now is a good time to spread the love.

I bought all of that at full price. And am very happy with it. If any of you don't have it yet, grab it!

• Locked thread