Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyskil
Jan 28, 2009
So hey I got a buddy who keeps wanting to respec out of having Joker because it will not allow him to trade dominated hostages, and since we usually just roll in a two man team that is murder on difficulties where you literally have to be traded to respawn. Is there some magical way to switch which action the game thinks you want to do or can jokers only trade civilian hostages?

It usually isn't a problem in a pub game/when an A.I. gets jailed because as soon as that happens he can just dominate someone and I trade them right there no problem, but pubs will never trade hostages and if I'm caught then I can't really do the trade myself.

Edit: I should mention this is on PS3 so the answer might be "wait for patch" but considering the tutorial is just "here is how you make shooty bang and open doors" I was hoping there was some obscure way to switch your current action.

Tyskil fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Aug 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Why didn't I bail as soon as it was obvious at least one of my teammates was baked out of his skull? And we were doing Big Oil? :cripes:

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Take it from Bastard everyone, anytime you are being stupid and gently caress things up just say these magic words.

"Sorry, I was secret hunting!"

Works the first time, every time. :spergin:

Caufman
May 7, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

Why didn't I bail as soon as it was obvious at least one of my teammates was baked out of his skull? And we were doing Big Oil? :cripes:

Wait, some people still play games sober? Like a fourteen year old??

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

I beat Big Oil once and that was enough to know not to ever do Big Oil unless it is with a group of people you know.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Grapplejack posted:

I beat Big Oil once and that was enough to know not to ever do Big Oil unless it is with a group of people you know.

Big oil isn't that bad if you know what to do (especially if you grab the info on day 1 by swarming the bikers house) it's just not worth it since it gives piss poor cash reward and barely any more experience than, say, Watchdogs.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."
You know, I hope these 5+ DLC packs coming out are all involved multi-day heists and none of them can be done in 30 seconds by saw/shaped charge.

Longer heists are what I played Payday 1 for, none of this smash and grab repeat fifty times grinding treadmill numbers bullshit.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Strangely proud of it.

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe
I did big oil last night for the first time with one of my friends and two pubbies - despite not knowing what to do it was a lot of fun but yeah, it gave poo poo rewards.

Stealing a loving fusion reactor seems like it would net a lot more money than a loving diamond necklace but hey :myimmersion:

we got the right engine the first time around and it still took us 30 minutes and we stopped going stealth after like 6 minutes

that's a cool mission though

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Voluspa posted:

Strangely proud of it.

If that mask was a car, someone in Fast and Furious would be driving it. What I'm saying is you've redeemed the oni mask.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Voluspa posted:

Strangely proud of it.

Someone's giving your mask a golden shower dude.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Is there a way to remove the horns from the Oni mask? I swear that I've seen something like that. I don't actually have it, but I want to know before I start coming up with mask ideas.

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.

HellCopter posted:

Is there a way to remove the horns from the Oni mask? I swear that I've seen something like that. I don't actually have it, but I want to know before I start coming up with mask ideas.

Was it The Vampire maybe?
http://payday.wikia.com/wiki/Masks_(Payday_2)

e:VVV That's the setup when you plan on resetting a stealth attempt. It won't do much if things go badly and you try to kill dudes instead.

K. Farb fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 20, 2013

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Bolow posted:

I'll do you one better.

Using this CAR4 W/ Folding Stock, Vintage Mag, Short Barrel, Stubby, Hand Grips, and a Surgeon Sight.

I can use either

Crosskill w/ Vented Slide, Extended Mag, Standard Pistol Silencer

or a

Compact 5 w/ Collapsible Stock, Short Barrel, Professional's Choice (only 1 surgeon sight so far), and a Bigger is Better suppressor.

I can use any of those secondaries and the lightweight ballistic vest and still maintain low visibilty.

So this is THE Ghost setup?

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

K. Farb posted:

Was it The Vampire maybe?
http://payday.wikia.com/wiki/Masks_(Payday_2)

e:VVV That's the setup when you plan on resetting a stealth attempt. It won't do much if things go badly and you try to kill dudes instead.

You do realize that you linked to a page with nothing on it apart from a sign that the wikia needs more content right?

There is now magically content. What the gently caress?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

You do realize that you linked to a page with nothing on it apart from a sign that the wikia needs more content right?

There is now magically content. What the gently caress?

The link was originally broken, it didn't include the bit in parentheses.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

HellCopter posted:

This is The Pout

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I got the The Grin mask last night. :toot:

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Starting to kinda get tired of cops shooting through walls and the way they only need to expose their heads to shoot.
Meanwhile it's like my gun is stuck to my crotch and if I want to shoot at something I can at most protect my legs.

Also kind of annoying how iffy the hit detection seems to be at times.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
THIS BAT IS loving JACKED. LET'S DO THIS GUYS PAYDAY WOOOO

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Can I get an invite to the Goon Group for this?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SexualPostMaster

Played like 3 missions with some goon friends of mine and drat, this is going to eat up alot of my time.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So I think I've arrived on what might be the best possible build for me. It combines having awesome shotgun stuff, Joker, Stealth, and the saw (Because I want it) into one build. I'm not sure where to improve it honestly.

http://www.pd2skills.info/#/profile/targetbuild/

And don't you dare say get rid of saw points. I'll make it work drat it.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I've been having an oddly large amount of fun with this considering I usually suck at shooty games and never play multiplayer stuff. But the game seems a little shallow right now and I don't want to burn out on it. Are there any other fun games out there on PC where you can team up with some random people and complete killing dudes-based objectives? Preferably with some kind of character/weapon customization for variety.

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...

Khagan posted:

It's not so cut and dry, the Crosskill has the best bang. The Compact 5 can just as easily take the Ninja foregrip and no stock at all which is actually pretty rad.

The CAR4 is the best primary in terms of visibility it seems.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Voluspa posted:

Strangely proud of it.

That is exactly the same mat, pattern, and color on my skull mask that I've been using for a week. It's probably the best combo I've seen so far.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
quote is not edit

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I want my Kyoto mask setup back so bad :(

FrancoFish posted:

THIS BAT IS loving JACKED. LET'S DO THIS GUYS PAYDAY WOOOO

If you put the bat pattern on the gargoyle mask it looks like it has huge wings sticking out from the mask

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

HellCopter posted:

You're probably thinking of the Shogun mask, it's pretty cool too.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bocc Kob posted:

But the game seems a little shallow right now and I don't want to burn out on it. Are there any other fun games out there on PC where you can team up with some random people and complete killing dudes-based objectives? Preferably with some kind of character/weapon customization for variety.

Yeah Payday 2 does end up being shallow after awhile and I expect most people will burn out around ~30hrs (some less, some more) which is still good bang for your buck.

You can try Warframe which is a similar 4P co-op game where you play as a space ninja with shitloads of weapons, different "Warframes" (classes) and has a pretty big goon presense. Its very casual and no one gives a poo poo what you do in it. Objectives are a little more basic such as "Defend against waves of enemies / Assasinate some boss / Hack some terminals".

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Moochewmoo posted:

So I think I've arrived on what might be the best possible build for me. It combines having awesome shotgun stuff, Joker, Stealth, and the saw (Because I want it) into one build. I'm not sure where to improve it honestly.

http://www.pd2skills.info/#/profile/targetbuild/

And don't you dare say get rid of saw points. I'll make it work drat it.

Well your largest problem is that this is targeted to level 100 so you're going to require about 50 hours of running nothing but Ukraine/Nightclub to get there. If you want something more reasonable, target a build for level 50 and consider that 'maxed out' - from there just play whatever the gently caress you want and when you level up put points into your nice to haves.

But that said, I'd drop Inside Man for Equilibrium, because there is no possible way you're going to give a gently caress about 20k for an asset when you're level 100. Also get rid of Overkill, it's colossally pointless. Get Hard Boiled or Fully Loaded instead. Pumping Iron also seems dumb when you could instead have Underdog but I almost never use melee attacks so that might just be a style thing. On Ghost, I'd get rid of Fast Hands to get Cat Burglar instead, it's not like packing loot bags is the rate determining step in any heist, but not taking fall damage is really useful in a couple.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Khagan posted:

I mostly use the compact 5 on lesser difficulties because it looks and sounds cool. The CAR4 is irreplaceable however. I prefer the short barrel + stubby over the stealth barrel because there's never an instance where you need a silenced automatic weapon, so getting the all the damage you possibly can out of your primary weapon is essential. Being able to use the lightweight vest also makes you a bit more durable than just wearing a 2 piece. Perfect for whenever Firestarter Day 2 goes bad.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I use the compact 5 exclusively, but just carry the Mosconi primary. I don't even own the CAR-4, because it's pointless to bring a silenced primary on anything you're doing stealth. They need to add in an option to remove your primary or secondary weapon for the visibility trade off. The only shots I fire on stealth runs are cameras I can't reach by hand.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Skoll posted:

That is exactly the same mat, pattern, and color on my skull mask that I've been using for a week. It's probably the best combo I've seen so far.

Inferno looked just as good, except the colours for the flames were blue/yellow

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Coolguye posted:

Well your largest problem is that this is targeted to level 100 so you're going to require about 50 hours of running nothing but Ukraine/Nightclub to get there. If you want something more reasonable, target a build for level 50 and consider that 'maxed out' - from there just play whatever the gently caress you want and when you level up put points into your nice to haves.

But that said, I'd drop Inside Man for Equilibrium, because there is no possible way you're going to give a gently caress about 20k for an asset when you're level 100. Also get rid of Overkill, it's colossally pointless. Get Hard Boiled or Fully Loaded instead. Pumping Iron also seems dumb when you could instead have Underdog but I almost never use melee attacks so that might just be a style thing. On Ghost, I'd get rid of Fast Hands to get Cat Burglar instead, it's not like packing loot bags is the rate determining step in any heist, but not taking fall damage is really useful in a couple.

How is overkill pointless? Acing it isn't really worth it but non-ace skill makes a huge difference for shotguns outside of point blank range (granted, it's not going to do much for the mosconi). It's a great skill for the 4 points that it costs.

My recommendation would be to drop berserker (it only kicks in below 40% health) and pick up fully loaded rank 1 and ace iron man. Fully loaded rank 1 is a no-brainer and iron man ace makes it much easier to deal with shields at close range, which is extremely valuable on overkill when the game throws shields at you 2-4 at a time.

I'm a big fan of pumping iron as well, meleeing cops at close range is great on ammo efficiency. I'm not sold on underdog, the skill description is incredibly vague and I can't really recommend it unless we get a better understanding of how the skill works.

Vatek fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 20, 2013

Soxors
Oct 21, 2008
Alright, so I'm level 35 and still haven't got a single mask. What the gently caress?

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho

Bocc Kob posted:

I've been having an oddly large amount of fun with this considering I usually suck at shooty games and never play multiplayer stuff. But the game seems a little shallow right now and I don't want to burn out on it. Are there any other fun games out there on PC where you can team up with some random people and complete killing dudes-based objectives? Preferably with some kind of character/weapon customization for variety.

Borderlands 2

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

Tyskil posted:

So hey I got a buddy who keeps wanting to respec out of having Joker because it will not allow him to trade dominated hostages, and since we usually just roll in a two man team that is murder on difficulties where you literally have to be traded to respawn. Is there some magical way to switch which action the game thinks you want to do or can jokers only trade civilian hostages?

Pretty sure I've traded cuffed cops on Rats before, and I'm running aced Joker.

Ryuga Death posted:

Is Fast Hands that useless? I like being able to pick up bags quickly, but if it is useless, I'll respec my Ghost tree.

I love Fast Hands. Bagging/picking up poo poo is super fast. It depends on what else you're looking at using those points for, though.

H2SO4 fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 20, 2013

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Is Fast Hands that useless? I like being able to pick up bags quickly, but if it is useless, I'll respec my Ghost tree.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Ryuga Death posted:

I don't think it is, but ymmv. With Transporter, Fast Hands, and some other poo poo I can move bags faster than anyone I team with. It's usually faster to let me move everything than to have people awkwardly trying to leap-frog bags while getting shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Ryuga Death posted:

I wouldn't call it "useless" by any means, it cuts like a second off your bag pickup speed which lets you Chicago Bucket Line the bags faster, as well as grab the ones some dumbass left in the middle of the road.

Unrelated, I am surprised so many people say you *need* the Big Oil 1 intel or things get way harder. I haven't played it a lot but the times I have played we were able to find the info easily, either through stealth or the method of "IT'S CRIME TIME"-ing our way through the front door. Just look for clipboards, yeah?

• Locked thread