Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
When are you flying? I'm out this morning but if it's this afternoon I think I'm around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Splode posted:

When are you flying? I'm out this morning but if it's this afternoon I think I'm around.

I'm doing a mission this morning for people who aren't in the Aussie timezone, but that doesn't mean we can't do an Aussie mission later on :getin:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Reporting for duty. :pilot:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Time to go buy it. Ready to rock and roll!

Welcome to the meat grinder, gentlemen. Just a couple more goons willing to die in horribly burning wrecks and we can get this show on the road!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Endman posted:

I'm doing a mission this morning for people who aren't in the Aussie timezone, but that doesn't mean we can't do an Aussie mission later on :getin:

Fantastic, have fun and good hunting chaps!

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

Endman posted:

Welcome to the meat grinder, gentlemen. Just a couple more goons willing to die in horribly burning wrecks and we can get this show on the road!
I would, but unless I get to be a gunner, I would be less than worthless. (Also, I don't own any of the DLC)

Endman
May 18, 2010

Dooky Dingo posted:

I would, but unless I get to be a gunner, I would be less than worthless. (Also, I don't own any of the DLC)

No worries. You can live vicariously through the achievements of an AI pilot instead.

Jobbo_Fett and Galaga Galaxian, we'll be using the AirGoons mumble (assuming that's okay pixelbaron :ohdear:), deets are:

URL: AirGoons.mumble.cc
Port: 31148

I'm currently chilling in the Rise of Flight channel if you'd like to join me.

Endman fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 13, 2014

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Endman posted:

No worries. You can live vicariously through the achievements of an AI pilot instead.

Jobbo_Fett and Galaga Galaxian, we'll be using the AirGoons mumble (assuming that's okay pixelbaron :ohdear:), deets are:

URL: AirGoons.mumble.cc
Port: 31148

I'm currently chilling in the Rise of Flight channel if you'd like to join me.

Installing mumble asap

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Oh, I didn't quite realize you meant now. Fortunately I just got home a little bit ago. Be there soon.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Will this possibly be up on Twitch so I can watch you all die horribly gain fame and glory for Queen and country in real time? :allears:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Never surrender! :black101:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 13, 2014

Endman
May 18, 2010

Dooky Dingo posted:

Will this possibly be up on Twitch so I can watch you all die horribly gain fame and glory for Queen and country in real time? :allears:

Unfortunately with Australian internet, being in Tasmania and hosting the server all at once I can't stream, but I think Splode can when he plays in a co-op mission.

The mission went about as well as could be expected. I'll edit it together and hopefully get it uploaded later today.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I could've streamed, sorry I didn't think about it. :(

RedFlag
Nov 22, 2007

I'm going to have to get in on this at some point!

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Never surrender! :black101:

That guy is holding his gun sideways, going for the killshot. He's gonna pull the trigger once and the bullet will just pilotsnipe his enemy.
And look at his face. He is not giving a single gently caress.

:commissar:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I could've streamed, sorry I didn't think about it. :(

Technically I could've too... I didn't even think about saving my audio or the track.

(I demand a do-over! And not because I died :black101:)

Endman
May 18, 2010

Jobbo_Fett posted:

(I demand a do-over! And not because I died :black101:)

That... might actually be a good idea since I think I hosed up the audio recording and every time I "speak" the audio goes all wonky. My bad. :ohdear:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Endman posted:

That... might actually be a good idea since I think I hosed up the audio recording and every time I "speak" the audio goes all wonky. My bad. :ohdear:

I'm back, not sure if I own the DH2 though, let me check

edit: I do now!

Splode fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 13, 2014

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Stream it this time, you swine! :rant:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Dooky Dingo posted:

Stream it this time, you swine! :rant:

I will, pinky swear. I make no promises about the quality of the stream though.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It really seems like getting outnumbered is pretty much a death sentence unless you even the scales in under a minute.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Endman posted:

Welp. :v:

Here is how the Baloon attack went from my perspective:

Sadly a single strafing pass (which ended in a crash when I stalled after dodging the balloon cables), 40 bullets from my Luger, and basically all my flares were not enough to destroy the drat gasbag.

Not pictured: Me shooting down a Fokker Eindecker (and bumping its tail with my nose?). I was actually given credit for two eindeckers, so the first one that Endman and I engaged (which fled) must've lost its engine on the way home.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Splode and I are currently chilling in the mumble if you guys want to refly the mission.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Endman posted:

Splode and I are currently chilling in the mumble if you guys want to refly the mission.

You better set up a stream. Until I get a joystick shipped to me, then I'm living vicariously through you.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Assuming we start up again, I'll stream. Quality won't be that great though. :v:

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Assuming we start up again, I'll stream. Quality won't be that great though. :v:

I first played this game on a netbook with an Xbox 360 controller. Low quality is just nostalgic.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

http://www.twitch.tv/splode26/

streaming. DH2 practice followed by Endman's mission. Feel free to watch Galaga Galaxian's stream if mine is broken

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I am now streaming as well as a test.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Splode posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/splode26/

streaming. DH2 practice followed by Endman's mission. Feel free to watch Galaga Galaxian's stream if mine is broken

:munch:

e: GET HIM SPLODE!!!

e2: LMAO at the lawn dart dive

Shine fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 13, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Unfortunately Endman is running into technical difficulties with PWCG and making a coop mission.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Endman posted:

I wish wasn't working :( I would've loved getting in the air again. :sigh:

Hopefully, AI Jack Oxide won't get rammed by enemy eindeckers! (And I'll make sure to get my streaming gear in order so that I can save stuff on my end, in case you want extra scenes/video.)

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
This thread has inspired me to dust off my old flight stick and finally set up working bloody s-curves for this game, always had so many issues.

At some point I appear to have bought the D7! Yay!

*Edit - Fixed the upwards pull but still slowly roll to the left with joystick centred, this whole responses thing is confusing as poo poo, anyone have an idea on how to fix it?

Abongination fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 13, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Endman figured things out. He, Splode and I are now about to conduct a patrol mission. :v:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Welp. :v:

Here is how the Baloon attack went from my perspective:

Sadly a single strafing pass (which ended in a crash when I stalled after dodging the balloon cables), 40 bullets from my Luger, and basically all my flares were not enough to destroy the drat gasbag.

Not pictured: Me shooting down a Fokker Eindecker (and bumping its tail with my nose?). I was actually given credit for two eindeckers, so the first one that Endman and I engaged (which fled) must've lost its engine on the way home.

That's a Mauser, not a Luger.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I knew that, and I swear I typed Mauser. :psyduck:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I knew that, and I swear I typed Mauser. :psyduck:

It's because everyone was/is subconsciously brainwashed to think all German pistols are Lugers. :freep:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Teaser for every mission today:

leading theory is I was destroyed by ghosts. My plane just went bang in mid-air, no flak, no collision. Hrmm.

Splode fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Sep 13, 2014

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Splode posted:

Teaser for every mission today:

:iiam:

:shepface: Keeping the Lawn Dart name strong!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:negative:

edit: Press A to Take Off.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

LordPants posted:

:negative:

edit: Press A to Take Off.

To be fair, LordPants and I are rank amateurs trying to take off in a D.H.2 with a really strong crosswind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Start engine, rev up, nose down slightly and wait for take-off. I found the D.H.2 to be surprisingly easy to fly.

• Locked thread