Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Gray Area posted it above?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Next one's comin' faster.

The best part was the later scene when he's recounting it to some people and the one guy was all "holy poo poo, that is badass."

Also the fact that Timothy Oliphant came up with the line on his own.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Boatswain posted:

Gray Area posted it above?

It's blocked in the US.

At least that's what the YouTube gods are taking me

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

The best part was the later scene when he's recounting it to some people and the one guy was all "holy poo poo, that is badass."

I didn't know that! he came up with it, that's even better.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

It is when Duffy & Quarles are trying to implicate Raylan in Gary's murder and the detective questioning him can't believe his ears.

Tide posted:

It's blocked in the US.

At least that's what the YouTube gods are taking me

Sorry!

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.

Kegslayer posted:

I was rooting for Boyd to win but killing Dewey completely put me off. Despite all of Dewey's gently caress ups, he and Boyd still go way back and Boyd killing Dewey felt like it was Boyd starting to cut all his ties with Harlan. Not cool man, not cool :colbert:

This is kinda what I thought about Dewey getting killed. I think maybe if Season 5 didn't exist it'd be different, 'cause it showed Dewey as this guy who just wanted to be happy and maybe have some power, but more happy than anything. Could've just scared him out of Harlan.

Episode 2 is great. I'm trying not to get my hopes up this season, but it's hard not to.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Rewatching season 2. Judge Reardon :allears:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Zaggitz posted:

These are the end times for Dewey Crowe. :smith:

At least we got to see him at his maximum Dewey Crowiest in this episode. :allears:

Listerine posted:

I don't think Raylan is worth surviving. His methods aren't much better than the crooks he goes after. Those he doesn't strongarm, he manipulates with no regard for their welfare.

Can they telegraph Raylan's impending doom any harder this season? Christ, that conversation with Art...

But yeah, it's interesting how they still contrast Boyd as being "better" as a person. The mother of Raylan's child asking "what could be better than this?" when he chooses to stay in Harlan to chase Boyd instead of watching his daughter grow up. Meanwhile Boyd is genuinely trying to help Ava and help her through her trauma in a way that would make him the hero Ideal Sensitive Man in a Lifetime movie. Raylan refuses to leave Harlan while Boyd is desperate to get out. Boyd has been shown as trying to better himself and leave his current life behind while Raylan just isn't trying to hard to change. Boyd does what he has to do and will kill people, but Raylan almost takes a delight in tormenting criminals, hiding behind the sanctity of his badge and his feeling that "all criminals are guilty and thus deserve whatever treatment he gives them".

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Raylan tormenting any idiot criminal is obviously a moral virtue since it is entertaining to watch :colbert:

E: Does Eric Roberts ever feature in any episode? I can't remember if I've dreamt it or not.

Boatswain fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 27, 2015

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Boatswain posted:

E: Does Eric Roberts ever feature in any episode? I can't remember if I've dreamt it or not.

Yes, he's in a few episodes as the cop (DEA?) that helps Raylan track down Hot Rod last season. He was running Hot Rod as a CI, but they get to him too late. He's then run over by Dewey Crowe after he stops Dewey and Danny in the towtruck loaded with the Mexican heroin. He was in something like 3-4 episodes.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Listerine posted:

Yes, he's in a few episodes as the cop (DEA?) that helps Raylan track down Hot Rod last season. He was running Hot Rod as a CI, but they get to him too late. He's then run over by Dewey Crowe after he stops Dewey and Danny in the towtruck loaded with the Mexican heroin. He was in something like 3-4 episodes.

Right, thank you!

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
And he's not dead, thankfully. Hopefully they bring him back this season because I really enjoyed his character (and Eric Roberts acting, oddly enough).

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Preview spoilers:

Cash Game

Raylan encounters a paramilitary outfit while working on an investigation and conflict between him and the group quickly arises; following an attempt at pulling off a daring heist, Boyd and his partners try to recover some kind of profit. "

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
DVR screwed up, what happened in the first 5 minutes?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

tomapot posted:

DVR screwed up, what happened in the first 5 minutes?

Ava and boyd pointless relationship crap. More land grabs by cartoonishly evil people.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Fetus Tree posted:

Ava and boyd pointless relationship crap. More land grabs by cartoonishly evil people.

So nothing much, thanks. Don't they know that we only have a few scant hours of the show left and they can't waste it. (I'm only partially kidding).

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
What the gently caress is wrong with his face? His beard looks like it's going all the way up to his eyes.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
"You can get it yourself" haha

E: gently caress yes its buddy garrity

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yay, Wynne's mustache is back :neckbeard:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Not digging this bad guy

Can not loving wait for The Americans.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
Love smart rear end Tim

Fetus Tree posted:

Not digging this bad guy

Can not loving wait for The Americans.

I just binged the first two seasons is there a season 3 thread?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

tomapot posted:

Love smart rear end Tim

I just binged the first two seasons is there a season 3 thread?

Don't think they've made one yet. Not sure if they will.

Also that interaction with choochoo was p hilarious, if not a bit forced.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Raylan versus Choo-choo was the best

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
What the gently caress where is his stache?

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
Sam Elliot smoke a weed

Now we know where Wynn got his mustache from

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
A mustacheless sam elliot is as jarring as those pictures of the hairless bears ive seen on the internet.

E: lmfao, they're just pussy versions of mountains

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 28, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everything with Choo Choo was hilarious.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I am going to miss Tim so much.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
what Ava just did after coming home with the ledger and finding Boyd, I've done that a lot growing up with my mom. Get ahead of the lie when you know you've been caught!

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I can see this whole ledger thing go really south in a hurry. I don't know if they would go as dark as to have Boyd kill Ava, but I could see that as a mechanism for Boyd going all salted earth on everyone

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Oh mah gawd. Do you have The Cancer?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Lmfao the squirrel. Perfect.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

CBJSprague24 posted:

Oh mah gawd. Do you have The Cancer?

And she backed up like it was contagious.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Wife's observation: there's a safe in that old bank Ty, Choo Choo, and the other guy are working out of. Interesting....

e and there it is in the previews

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tide posted:

Wife's observation: there's a safe in that old bank Ty, Choo Choo, and the other guy are working out of. Interesting....

I think the thing is that they're storing the money Boyd is looking for in the hidden safe.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Except the choochoo parts i found that episode to be pretty boring. Though to be fair i just rewatched seasons 2 and 3 and started 4 so maybe im spoiled.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The editing in that final bit was a little wonky, you see Ty and Seabass going into the house from the beginning (presumably to murder the occupants) and then they're just hanging out at the pizza place. Yeah, time passed but they could have made it flow a little better by putting something in between those two scenes.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
I love how Tim's gone from laid-back master of snark, dropping the occasional one-liner at the perfect moment, to just being absolutely aggressively smart-assed for the last season.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I honestly thought Ava was going to tell Boyd that Raylan was using her as an informant. I can't decide if it would be cliche or not, but she could make a strong argument to Boyd that it's in his best interest not to kill her so that she can feed Raylan bad info.

It would definitely be the smart move. At least IF Boyd decides to kill her, and wouldn't be living in constant fear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Tide posted:

I can see this whole ledger thing go really south in a hurry. I don't know if they would go as dark as to have Boyd kill Ava, but I could see that as a mechanism for Boyd going all salted earth on everyone

I just hope they don't try to make all this ledger/real estate stuff a season long mystery plot, same for the whole Boyd/Ava situation(of course Boyd knows whats up with Ava, let's not drag it out). With this being the last season I'd like for this stuff to just be short buildup for some epic Raylan/Boyd ultraviolence arc.

• Locked thread