Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I guess trap build was the wrong terminology. I'm just saying if I made a necromancer for the purpose of being a summoner build and later found out that the summons weren't that great, I would be disappointed. Was just wondering if there was anything else like that, but if I could make my werewolf work maybe I'm just overthinking it. This talk about meleemancers has got me itchin' for a witchin'

Just don't compare your character to Lit Barbs/Bowazons/Elem Druids/Sorcs and anything can be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Bowazons are that great? I'm 53 and it's...OK I guess? Decoy and Valk are good at holding aggro but I'm made of paper and anything that AOE is still a gently caress. Going Multi/MA

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
This build I found on the wiki that was spear/javelin based has been great for me, as far as playing amazon goes. I usually stick with the spear over the javelin though, the chain lightning from Lightning Strike is ridiculous.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

How do I make this a higher resolution than 800xfuckme?

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
Does the game support ultrawide?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Tenacious J posted:

How do I make this a higher resolution than 800xfuckme?

Gotta use the glide wrapper and the -3dfx command line argument; it's still 800x600 but you can stretch it out so it's faux screen. Instructions are on the forum.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Thank you

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Bowazons are that great? I'm 53 and it's...OK I guess? Decoy and Valk are good at holding aggro but I'm made of paper and anything that AOE is still a gently caress. Going Multi/MA

You reach a point where your damage and on-hit gets so ridiculous with multishot that you can just clear several screens worth of monsters in seconds. There is definitely a disparity between which particular things that are great late game and things that are good mid-game (except for lilt barbs which are amazing from when you get a decent amount of points in TWave).

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
The ES wiki is a good start for builds but a lot of the goon vets have theorycrafted and figured out way better gear builds than what's on the wiki. My bowazon on the last server had 8 aura's and a whole bunch of oskills. Some of the best items are magic items with and oskill or aura on them with multiple sockets and forged jewels plus all skills tinkers... rather than uniques or sets.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Is the too many states crash bug still there? A state as in affected by aura, curse, warcry, shrine etc. Pretty sure the number is pretty high and not achievable without effort but it was once (maybe still is) a cataloged bug.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Out of curiosity, where is the server located?

Edit: Wait can I not have multiple stashes anymore? That doesn't seem right.

Target Practice fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Nov 19, 2016

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

You reach a point where your damage and on-hit gets so ridiculous with multishot that you can just clear several screens worth of monsters in seconds. There is definitely a disparity between which particular things that are great late game and things that are good mid-game (except for lilt barbs which are amazing from when you get a decent amount of points in TWave).

I mean, last incarnation I was clearing Hell Nowhere albeit at a slow and careful pace, so I get that they're good end game

I just did not realize that so many other builds...were not?

deathrat
May 25, 2010

Target Practice posted:

Out of curiosity, where is the server located?

Edit: Wait can I not have multiple stashes anymore? That doesn't seem right.

Multiple stashes is a singleplayer plugin thing, I tried seeing if I could get it working on the server, and with some packet sniffing I could probably eventually figure it out, but it's low priority right now because you can just create more characters and also token items.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

deathrat posted:

Multiple stashes is a singleplayer plugin thing, I tried seeing if I could get it working on the server, and with some packet sniffing I could probably eventually figure it out, but it's low priority right now because you can just create more characters and also token items.

Oh yeah I completely forgot about the tokenizer thing. Thanks!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Man something about the core gameplay of Diablo 2 is so much fun. I think it has to do with the base movespeed of every character being so high along with the gorgeous 2D graphics that haven't seemed to age at all. And nostalgia obviously. I tried playing Path of Exile after this and I felt like I was running through molasses. I was planning on doing a softcore character but it just feels wrong to play softcore Diablo 2. The game is just a tad too simple for that, but somehow just simple enough to make Hardcore not be some unattainable goal like it would be in Diablo 3. I love this game. If you see someone on the Hardcore ladder with a generic fantasy name, that's probably me, I'm going to be trying out a few different classes this time.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
FUUUUUUUCK~!!!!!@!@!@!@!@

Goddamnit guys, I was just starting to get my life back together. You assholes.

FINE. I'M COMING.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

:siren: Learn to Use the Hotkey Plugin :siren:

Has your inventory ever been full and you groan because you'll need to do a bunch of cubing and stocking when you return?

Well groan no more. The hotkey plugin will cut down the mouse movements you need an insane amount.

How to get it working
First you'll need to setup the hotkeys.
I'm not sure what the default hotkeys are as it calls them by a #.

.hotkey SetStash
.hotkey SetDropToCube
.hotkey SetTransmute
.hotkey SetDropToInv

are the main commands. enter each one and select a key.

I personally use
Q for SetStash
W for SetDropToInv
E for setDropToCube
R for SetTransmute

Now that its setup all you need to do is pickup an item hit the appropriate key and it'll automove it to the next available space.
It becomes simple to pick up your gems Hit E,R with your stocker in the cube and get them all inserted. Mash R as you frantically roll your multi stocker so you can extract the correct item.
Hit Q to automatically stash items from your inventory.

A couple of quick warnings.
Don't use transmute with your stash open. It seems to detect having 2 inventories open but it can't tell between Cube/Stash. This will crash you to the main menu.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

I tried playing Path of Exile after this and I felt like I was running through molasses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UL_HygMwbA

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cerepol posted:

:siren: Learn to Use the Hotkey Plugin :siren:

Has your inventory ever been full and you groan because you'll need to do a bunch of cubing and stocking when you return?

Well groan no more. The hotkey plugin will cut down the mouse movements you need an insane amount.

How to get it working
First you'll need to setup the hotkeys.
I'm not sure what the default hotkeys are as it calls them by a #.

.hotkey SetStash
.hotkey SetDropToCube
.hotkey SetTransmute
.hotkey SetDropToInv

are the main commands. enter each one and select a key.

I personally use
Q for SetStash
W for SetDropToInv
E for setDropToCube
R for SetTransmute

Now that its setup all you need to do is pickup an item hit the appropriate key and it'll automove it to the next available space.
It becomes simple to pick up your gems Hit E,R with your stocker in the cube and get them all inserted. Mash R as you frantically roll your multi stocker so you can extract the correct item.
Hit Q to automatically stash items from your inventory.

A couple of quick warnings.
Don't use transmute with your stash open. It seems to detect having 2 inventories open but it can't tell between Cube/Stash. This will crash you to the main menu.

You do know about the autostocker right? It puts all your gems and rings and multisocker items all in the right places. Just type .as start into chat and let it roll. Just be careful if you have rings or amulets in your inventory because those will get sucked into the re-roller.

I stand pleasantly corrected.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011
How do you get /players8 working online?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Oh well you've proved us wrong with a build that costs what? > 10ex?
Glad I can get there with a lot of farming a lot of luck.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

You do know about the autostocker right? It puts all your gems and rings and multisocker items all in the right places. Just type .as start into chat and let it roll. Just be careful if you have rings or amulets in your inventory because those will get sucked into the re-roller.
It will only sort blue necks and rings by default. It ignores charms and jewels (which I would highly recommend keeping that way until you get one guy rolling around in unique charms). I think you can edit the ini to adjust what it automatically eats with .as start.

Zathril posted:

How do you get /players8 working online?

Unless something new was added you just have to open multiple clients and have some alts idle in your game. You can sign with the same account multiple times.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

graphics that haven't seemed to age at all.

lol

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Ugato posted:

Unless something new was added you just have to open multiple clients and have some alts idle in your game. You can sign with the same account multiple times.

Garfu posted:

Here's a link to IdleClient by brahmin: https://sites.google.com/site/madbrahmin/idleclient

It allows you to fill up your game with bots to increase XP and loot drops. Usage is pretty self explanatory

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Ah, Thanks for that I skimmed the thread but must have missed it.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
Hardcore crew has made it to Nightmare difficult. Holy Fire + Druid Summons is pancaking this business

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I cant get #next to work in IdleClient, it just kills all the worker threads. Am I missing something?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I cant get #next to work in IdleClient, it just kills all the worker threads. Am I missing something?

You have a IncName right?

Thats what it keys off of. This is also not the quickest next game maker.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

Cerepol posted:

What is the quickest next game maker?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

There's something so satisfying about Winters Fury druids to me, maybe because it's like a combo vanilla auradin+orb sorc on steroids. I know for hell+ it takes a ton of work to remain viable but for mindlessly grinding cows it's the easiest build there is.

Of course I'm kicking myself atm because I spent a bunch of gold and poo poo to craft druid rings/ammys before remembering the much much cheaper (and for this build, better) skill tab crafts.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Cerepol posted:

I do, but is it supposed to be formatted a specific way?

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk
My idleclient is just stuck on Connecting to d2es.garfu.net:6112... then fails after a while.

Got the new version so don't think that's the issue

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Sushi Face posted:

My idleclient is just stuck on Connecting to d2es.garfu.net:6112... then fails after a while.

That's the old address.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Sushi Face posted:

d2es.urcraft.com

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Judging from the Expansion Hardcore ladder list, the person who helped me defeat Diablo in act 4 yesterday is dead...

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Didn't get any nu or wo drops :(

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Is there a zone or anything with boosted rune drops? I know there's a patch note that says Countess is worth running but my NM runs have been a huge waste of time.

Edit- 10 minutes after complaining about rune drops, I get my first green rune. Typical.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 20, 2016

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Suprfli6 posted:

Is there a zone or anything with boosted rune drops? I know there's a patch note that says Countess is worth running but my NM runs have been a huge waste of time.

No rune drop rate is poo poo everywhere. Unless you want sa runes.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Clones have the best drop rates for everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Garfu posted:

Clones have the best drop rates for everything

You didn't buff the divinity aura :(

• Locked thread