Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Yo who is hating on nami because I am about to brutalize them to kingdom come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HMS Boromir posted:

someone do a remaster of zetsubou sensei with all the panty shots removed and nami conspicuously absent

oh its just a lame games poster, lol

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Sharkopath posted:

Zero tolerance for any Zetsubou character trashing!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Sharkopath posted:

oh its just a lame games poster, lol

yes lets do a forums tribalism over an anime opinion

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sharkopath posted:

I actually like her post-timeskip design.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, its something larger in the works. A-TEC's dismantling is just a way to keep Nagisa where he can be seen and he's not free to interfere. Kazuhisa got REALLY pissed about having to sign that corporate agreement before the law changed.

I really like how Nagisa's development has been handled. He has a 10' pole up his rear end and it takes time and a sort of genuine determination to gradually remove it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I don't remember this scene, context?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Raenir Salazar posted:

I really like how Nagisa's development has been handled. He has a 10' pole up his rear end and it takes time and a sort of genuine determination to gradually remove it.

At least they finally had something classroom-related after five episodes of corporate/factory work (and relative to the plot even!). Nagisa's a really good character, because the real secret is he doesn't actually have a pole up his rear end. Most of "gently caress you, NO!" replies to requests are just to get A-TEC thinking ways around him and stand on their own feet. "Sure brother, I'm trying to shut them down but they keep on outsmarting me... :sigh: sucker"

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Raenir Salazar posted:

I don't remember this scene, context?

zan episode 1, when the girls are rescuing nozomu from the secret base or whatever

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I've only ever watched the first season and read the last chapter of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, but it feels oddly complete to me.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I've only ever watched the first season and read the last chapter of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, but it feels oddly complete to me.

It's pure comedy setup and not much more.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
realtalk nami is cute & shes not really an example of the problem, futsuu tte iu na is more like punctuation than a punchline. whenever she's normal it's part of a greater gag instead of just being one monotonous running joke that we're supposed to laugh at every time

chiri is still best girl though. im mad that marina inoue doesnt sing unless shaft tricks her into it, her voice is really nice

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HMS Boromir posted:

realtalk nami is cute & shes not really an example of the problem, futsuu tte iu na is more like punctuation than a punchline. whenever she's normal it's part of a greater gag instead of just being one monotonous running joke that we're supposed to laugh at every time

chiri is still best girl though. im mad that marina inoue doesnt sing unless shaft tricks her into it, her voice is really nice

you can't back out now, you haven't been brutalized yet

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
in that case let me tell you about how i think haruhi is really bad

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

It's pure comedy setup and not much more.
I remember being a little miffed about that back in the day. I liked how the first episode seemed to have kind of a plot, only for episode two to throw everything out the window.

I'd probably appreciate it more now.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

HMS Boromir posted:

Ehhh, that's not an opinion worth fighting over...

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

HMS Boromir posted:

Which Haruhi.

This is important.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
do you think i watched more than the first season of that garbage

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bad Seafood posted:

Which Haruhi.

This is important.

No it's not. Both seasons of Haruhi are great.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
There is more than one Haruhi in anime and they have varying levels of greatness

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
I think you will find that all Haruhis in anime are great.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Xelkelvos posted:

Featured in today's Dirty Terrorists episode is that pool as well as how to make an edible and biodegradable male satisfaction device

I was wondering what you meant about the pool until the end credits. They actually tell you step-by-step how to make it.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
announced: kancolle movie is releasing next year

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

good.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm sure pon alien is ecstatic.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I was wondering what you meant about the pool until the end credits. They actually tell you step-by-step how to make it.

That pool is also in the OP getting blown up

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

saotome is a horrible person
in a good way

edit: also nice evangelion reference: ダミープラグ

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Aug 9, 2015

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

HMS Boromir posted:

I liked Haruhi, and am interested in how someone found it overall unenjoyable.

I would read the poo poo out of a Your Favorite Anime Sucks thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

CuLT posted:

I liked Haruhi, and am interested in how someone found it overall unenjoyable.

I would read the poo poo out of a Your Favorite Anime Sucks thread.

nothing happened in it. every conceivably interesting plot thread was fake and barely explored. most of it was a slice of life with unlikable characters. they had a single 30 minute episode's worth of plot and a bunch of hot nothing to fill the rest of it with. one of characters exists to be sexually assaulted as a joke.

• Locked thread