Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
It's the Dark Brotherhood sequel we've all been asking for!

...Why are they doing this twitter ARG bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Those gibberish letters are really well-designed to be readable :aaa:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What the poo poo does this have to do with Sonic the Hedgehog?

Unless... Sonic and Ezio have the same voice actor. Perhaps the crossover we've all waited for is here!

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I guess some people are thinking that this is hinting at Madeon doing work on the soundtrack for the next Sonic Soundtrack, I kind of doubt it but it would be really cool. EDIT: Or Madeon doing some remix stuff of Adventure 2 songs or something?

Though in looking at Madeon/Sonic connections I did see this funny thing https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/661619140315054080

Ventana fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 9, 2016

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Man it's going to be a bummer when after all this teasing the next Sonic game ends up being Sonic Boom 2 or Sonic 4 Episode 3 or whatever.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
sonic 2016

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:
To be fair, with the way Sonic games have been going, if it's bad then it'll probably at least be a new kind of bad.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

'The fated son of Daedalus' sounds like some proper Adventure-era bullshit.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm excited

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It's ultra lowbar ARG speak. "icarus", probably combined with two other words, gets converted into numbers and added somehow, probably to give a release/more info date.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sonic 2006, but they write the number 2 extra big so you get that it's a sequel.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I laughed cause I clicked on that Madeon dude's twitter profile to see who he was and down at the bottom was a combination of two I'll never see again: "2 followers you know: Sonic the Hedgehog, Lady Gaga"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

truly, sonic flew too close to the iblis

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I can't wait for the Sonic 2006 remake.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I can't wait for the Sonic 2006 remake.

Well it's been 10 years already :v:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It does not sound like a good sign for a series is still recovering from terrible melodrama, agreed.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Kikas posted:

Well it's been 10 years already :v:

Which is why I want to see it happen! Sega will somehow manage to make it worse than 2006 too.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
The entire script is going to be written by the Sonic twitter guy and it will be amazing.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Whatever it's gonna be has got to be better then what Boom was.

Lol
Sonic Boom - "Sonic you've killed an innocent bystander"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It's an allegory to the US's invasion of Iraq. Sonic is Donald Rumsfeld and the pig is an impoverished Arab family.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Jsor posted:

The entire script is going to be written by the Sonic twitter guy and it will be amazing.

Speaking of, the image above was also posted on the official Sonic site on Facebook, with the comment: "Oh, and the characters in the image - all just nonsense. Don't you pay them any mind."

Sonic has an ARG. What a time to be alive.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Double post because: http://comicbook.com/2016/02/10/sonic-the-hedgehog-live-action-movie-in-the-works-for-2018/

Sonic The Hedgehog is getting a live aciton movie in 2018. What a time to be alive.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Kikas posted:

Sonic The Hedgehog is getting a live aciton movie in 2018. What a time to be alive.

He's going to kiss a human female protagonist, just wait. Who do we think will play Robotnik? Will it be a Bay film?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Kikas posted:

Double post because: http://comicbook.com/2016/02/10/sonic-the-hedgehog-live-action-movie-in-the-works-for-2018/

Why does anyone think that live action of a cartoon hedgehog is a good idea? Have we learned nothing from those Alvin and the Chipmunk movies?!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Danny Devito as Doctor "Eggman" Robotnik

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Geostomp posted:

Why does anyone think that live action of a cartoon hedgehog is a good idea? Have we learned nothing from those Alvin and the Chipmunk movies?!

We've learned that they make shitloads of money?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Geostomp posted:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

We've learned that they make shitloads of money!!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Finally.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It's been known for a while, this is just the first news we've gotten in a long time.

Geostomp posted:

YEAH BUT

I don't get why they'd bother making it a live action hybrid and not just a plain old CG movie. I think the animation side is done by MARZA, Sega's animation studio that has worked on Sonic, Phantasy Star, the Harlock movie and other cool stuff.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'm hoping the point of departure from Smurfs, Alvin et al is that this film is going to be much grittier and darker.

Robotnik will be played by Tom Hardy, who will put on 80 pounds and grow yet another extensive piece of facial hair for the role. He's the only person with the chops for the role.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm hoping the point of departure from Smurfs, Alvin et al is that this film is going to be much grittier and darker.

Robotnik will be played by Tom Hardy, who will put on 80 pounds and grow yet another extensive piece of facial hair for the role. He's the only person with the chops for the role.

eggman doesn't have mutton chops tho

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Looper posted:

eggman doesn't have mutton chops tho

Yet.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Get Danny Devito in a jump suit on a green screen set trying to understand the script and the movie will be solid.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Can't wait for the inter species erotica and subsequent fan art

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Bring back Hunnid-P as Knuckles.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Can't wait for the inter species erotica and subsequent fan art

Ughhh, Live action is 3DPD

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Weeks before shooting starts, someone's going to find Daniel Day-Lewis building a biplane in the jungle while wearing a fox suit.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

YEAH BUT

I don't get why they'd bother making it a live action hybrid and not just a plain old CG movie. I think the animation side is done by MARZA, Sega's animation studio that has worked on Sonic, Phantasy Star, the Harlock movie and other cool stuff.

So they can call it Sonic Jam, obviously.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Don't kinkshame please.

• Locked thread