Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

D&D had moved on to "they might be bad people but do we really have to CELEBRATE the deaths of HUMAN BEINGS?!"-style moral outrage.

I'm surprised it's not more of an "Execution is morally WRONG" angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Zeroisanumber posted:

To be fair, a significant percentage of the posters have come around to the, "gently caress it, kill the bastards" point of view.

True.

Also no credible proof hostage death hasn't stop Wolf "so poor and so black" Blitzer from hyperventilating about it.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

D&D had moved on to "they might be bad people but do we really have to CELEBRATE the deaths of HUMAN BEINGS?!"-style moral outrage.

Well I'd agree with that in principle, but these things aren't really people so...

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

I had actual friends of mine saying that the celebrations of Bin Laden's lead poisoning were "tasteless."
smdh

I did too, but I was too hung over from getting shithoused with everyone who was celebrating his death the night before to argue with them.

True.

Also no credible proof hostage death hasn't stop Wolf "so poor and so black" Blitzer from hyperventilating about it.

Cable news is a boil on the rear end of this country.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Im kinda mad that bbc and other news orgs even loving reported something that dumb based solely on their sayso. Because a solid % is gonna skim the headline and believe it.
"Jordanian pilot successfully mercy kills ISIS death row captive:smug:"

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
So apparently Obama acknowledging that the crusades and inquisition and witch hunts exist and that people of all religions can be pretty lovely means OBAMA BASHES CHRISTIANITY.

quote:

Humanity has been grappling with these questions throughout human history. And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ. In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ. Michelle and I returned from India -- an incredible, beautiful country, full of magnificent diversity -- but a place where, in past years, religious faiths of all types have, on occasion, been targeted by other peoples of faith, simply due to their heritage and their beliefs -- acts of intolerance that would have shocked Gandhiji, the person who helped to liberate that nation.

Yep he sure is saying muslims rool and christians drool. Certainly not making a point that people are lovely and we need to be better. I wonder what it's like to live in a constant state of outrage and fear. Seems exhausting.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I wonder what it's like to live in a constant state of outrage and fear. Seems exhausting.

Imagine how much free time and how few cares in the world they have if they can turn it into a full time thing.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Fart Sandwiches posted:

So apparently Obama acknowledging that the crusades and inquisition and witch hunts exist and that people of all religions can be pretty lovely means OBAMA BASHES CHRISTIANITY.

Yep he sure is saying muslims rool and christians drool. Certainly not making a point that people are lovely and we need to be better. I wonder what it's like to live in a constant state of outrage and fear. Seems exhausting.

Its because those things happened 100s of years ago and nobody alive thinks they were awesome things. So he looks like a deflecting apologist. A huge tool thing to say when horrific atrocities are happening literally this second and comparing it to things that happened 100s of years ago no one alive thinks is cool just to go "neener neener we do it too maybe were the real monsters" horseshit. Hes the most embarassing president in living memory and Bush was a two termer.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

True.

Wolfy B is the very epitome of a dumb person who thinks he's brilliant.

He still is very successful. It's frustrating how often lovely people succeed.

Best Friends fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 6, 2015

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Hes the most embarassing president in living memory and Bush was a two termer.

lol

Tell me more about how he's classless and bumbling.

edit: Do you refer to him as obongo or obummer unironically?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Its because those things happened 100s of years ago and nobody alive thinks they were awesome things. So he looks like a deflecting apologist. A huge tool thing to say when horrific atrocities are happening literally this second and comparing it to things that happened 100s of years ago no one alive thinks is cool just to go "neener neener we do it too maybe were the real monsters" horseshit. Hes the most embarassing president in living memory and Bush was a two termer.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

lol

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i smoke a joint and beat on my obongo drum

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Hope and change yall

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Given that I'm starting to have trouble keeping track of who in GiP is calling for the painful deaths of all middle eastern Muslims (excuse me, "Muds") ironically and who isn't, I wouldn't be so quick to get up on your high horse.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
You guys realize if it was a D&D poster saying those things, you'd be saying the same thing as Pitbull (except the most embarrassing prez bit) right?

I mean, the whole, "well Christians did the crusades!" argument is the most annoyingly stupid thing.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

USMC503 posted:

I mean, the whole, "well Christians did the crusades!" argument is the most annoyingly stupid thing.
So is the "We haven't done anything terrible since, all uphill since then, why can't those uncivilized Arabs be more like us?" argument.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

USMC503 posted:

You guys realize if it was a D&D poster saying those things, you'd be saying the same thing as Pitbull (except the most embarrassing prez bit) right?

Except that's not really the point he was making to begin with.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Obungler! :argh:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

gfanikf posted:

This is all very true. He's like a refined Royal version of Joe Biden on some levels, but less rednecky.

They actually have AC-130s iirc.

Edit: Maybe not, I swore I read this somewhere.

They have two modified CN-235 gunships. 70mm rockets, a modified Apache 30mm cannon, and some ISR capability. They're working on similar mods to their 295 (the stretched 235 variant). It's a potent little thing for people who don't want to spend $150M on an AC-130.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Mike-o posted:

i smoke a joint and beat on my obongo drum

http://youtu.be/fGA7JkKFpBI

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Do you pick up a lot of trim at the VFW on bingo nights with this stuff?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

Do you pick up a lot of trim at the VFW on bingo nights with this stuff?

Well come on man you know what happens when you blow a dog whistle.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godholio posted:

They have two modified CN-235 gunships. 70mm rockets, a modified Apache 30mm cannon, and some ISR capability. They're working on similar mods to their 295 (the stretched 235 variant). It's a potent little thing for people who don't want to spend $150M on an AC-130.

Thank you very much. I recall now that they used the term CN-235, which when I thought back on it, I figured I had misremembered it. Sounds like a nice little package.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Let's pick a generalized fight with 1.3 billion people, 12 million of whom live in this country. Brilliant thinking as ever GOP.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

He was saying that people shouldn't use religion to justify their lovely beliefs and actions. Which, hilariously, is exactly what his critics are doing.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Fart Sandwiches posted:

lol

i prefers shims term for him: choom in chief :patriot:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio posted:

It's not a true gunship until it's sporting something weighing in at atleast 105mm

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Godholio posted:

So that's what I saw flying over Amman doing a bunch of mock passes last summer :stare:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hey remember Terry Jones? (The Koran burning variety, not the Monty Python one)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

Hey remember Terry Jones? (The Koran burning variety, not the Monty Python one)

Motherfuckers always gotta drag pork into it somehow.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Thwomp posted:

You forgot the 'now' part of the Then and Now

If this guy was my king, I'd follow his rear end into the breach any day.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
King Abdullah is a corrupt king who runs a basket-case of a country. But oh what the hell. Let's roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKM1AAzeRCg

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Probably, they were delivered last year. The lead contractor (ATK) is also involved in developing a C-27 Spartan gunship.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

orbital bombardment please

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Yeah but he was on Star Trek sooooo

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nice package

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Booblord Zagats posted:

I dunno, my great uncle said shooting rockets at North Koreans and Chinese dudes was pretty loving great

My grandfather loving loved telling stories about the Punchbowl. You'd think that'd be a PTSD nightmare for him but nope, stories of shooting tons of dudes. He was deaf as gently caress from artillery, though.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Equine Don posted:

Nice package

:agreed:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Wait, is his imdb page lying or was he actually on star trek voyager? What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

He was, he's a huge Trekkie, and IIRC, there are/were plans to build a Star Trek theme park by Aqaba.

• Locked thread