Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name

xzzy posted:

Get that tryhard poo poo out of here.

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I think the guys on my team think that being in a no checking league means they don't have to backcheck or forecheck. Or at least that's the excuse I make up in my mind when the other teams d gets the puck and all the forwards just leave them be or go for a line change.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I like backchecking, but only if I can keep up with the guy i'm chasing. I usually can't :(

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

V for Vegans posted:

I think the guys on my team think that being in a no checking league means they don't have to backcheck or forecheck.

I'm stealing this

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

dogstile posted:

So my first registered game is this saturday (the kind where we actually have registered ref's and do stats, etc).

I've only gone and ruined my wrist in training. Wonderful

Continuing on from this, any time I rotate my wrist (left or right) i get a ton of pain down the right side of my forearm. I also get this pain when lifting any weight on it. I'm assuming its a common injury. What am I looking at here?

(I don't think its bad enough to head to a doctors).

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Did you jam/fall on/bend it a funny way or did you just wake up after your training and it started hurting/feeling like a burning kind of deep-pain? And is there swelling or stiffness in joint?

E: either way you got the itis and we're gonna have to take the arm, sir.

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 6, 2016

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I woke up, doesn't hurt unless i rotate it, but its a little stiff, not much swelling.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I can't wait until the reason I don't go to the doctor is because I don't want to go bankrupt and not just my own stubborn ignorance :canada: :911:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

dogstile posted:

I woke up, doesn't hurt unless i rotate it, but its a little stiff, not much swelling.

You got the itis. Take some ibuprophen for a couple days, ice it and go easy on it for a week or two. If symptoms persist, or it like really hurts or becomes immobile when you move/use it cut the fucker off and install a chainsaw go see a doctor :homebrew: I've had Golfer's Elbow (or something similar to it) for the last couple weeks; I really need to get away from slappers and get gud at long distance wrist shots.

e: and not falling down.
ee: and everything else.
eee: vvv and that haircut

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 7, 2016

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
You know what sucks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN_SVbL1fy8

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

I've gone to white castle after every single game over the last month. I think it's really helped up my game.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Double stack, cheese only, from Wendy's is my post game.

Not my fault they built it on the route I take to get home from the rink.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I used to get Jack-in-the-Box tacos 2 for 99 cents. They jacked the price up to $1.19, so gently caress them now.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
I've been a big proponent of taco bell or the 24hr street meat truck that parts about a mile away from one of the rinks I play at.

halal food does a body good

love on the cheap
Aug 5, 2008

This happened to me this week playing goalie at dek hockey. Can confirm it sucks.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

When typically is the period of time where last year's skates go on sale for half off? I've got almost 500 games on my Vapors and they're beat to hell, holes in the boot, eyelets coming off, losing rivets, and the steel is ground down to barely anything.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think it's around April, just before the next year's line of gear hits stores. But someone told me product launches have spread out in recent years and a big April sale is not reliably true anymore.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Taco bell and Jack in the box are a nice step up from the lovely sports bar across the street from one of my normal rinks (xfinity rink in Everett). They went through a bar rescue episode and they basically reverted to their old ways within a week or so.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Verman posted:

Taco bell and Jack in the box are a nice step up from the lovely sports bar across the street from one of my normal rinks (xfinity rink in Everett). They went through a bar rescue episode and they basically reverted to their old ways within a week or so.

haha I just watched that episode a week or two ago after hearing about it. God drat that show is so loving fake and at the same everything on the owner's side is so cringey. I love that they threw a banner up basically saying "gently caress this poo poo we're going back to being Ynot."

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Verman posted:

Played last night in Everett. Classic 1030 face off. We go to harveys pub on Broadway now. They will stay open and have fryer going if they know you are coming in late. Facebook message works to let them know. Also chicken wings are the post game food of champions

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Downside is all the good wings my area are a giant detour from the rink.

Lots of lovely wings though!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Tank44 posted:

Played last night in Everett. Classic 1030 face off. We go to harveys pub on Broadway now. They will stay open and have fryer going if they know you are coming in late. Facebook message works to let them know. Also chicken wings are the post game food of champions

I was kinda wondering about that place since we've had way more games in everett this season and I end up driving by it a bunch as a result. I'll have to try and sell the team on it next time we're up there.

You still doing Lynwood Fridays btw?

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Let me know if you guys do a lynnwood Friday. I need to skate some drop in sessions

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Verman posted:

Let me know if you guys do a lynnwood Friday. I need to skate some drop in sessions

I still regularly do the Friday night skates. I play both the 6/7 & 4/5 pending often which is later or how fat I'm feeling. Probably out for the rest of 2016.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

On offense, your team couldn't put in a tip if they tried. On defense, they are capable of NHL level deflections right into your own net.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

is it the digital zoom?

is it how much your team seemed to care and how few people were laughing at that poo poo

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Own goals are awesome and hilarious.

One of my old teams had one in the semi-finals. In OT. It was great.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
We had a goalie leave the net to play a puck and try and knock it back around the net but ended up hitting it right into the net. Also had another whiff on a clearing attempt and skate past the puck leaving it open for their forward to skate it in. And that was just this season. We pretty bad

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Do any of you want this pair of new Bauer TotalOne NXG pants in red, size small?

I ordered both small and medium, think I'll fit into a medium better length wise. They're like a weird girdle +shell which I'm not used to but means that they're pretty customizable if you have thunder thighs or chicken legs.

They were 40 shipped, tagged as $125. Never worn in a game, tried on in my apt!

Otherwise they're going back to HockeyGiant!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Own goals are awesome and hilarious.

One of my old teams had one in the semi-finals. In OT. It was great.

:hfive:

sellouts fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 9, 2016

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

sellouts posted:

Do any of you want this pair of new Bauer TotalOne NXG pants in red, size small?

I ordered both small and medium, think I'll fit into a medium better length wise. They're like a weird girdle +shell which I'm not used to but means that they're pretty customizable if you have thunder thighs or chicken legs.

They were 40 shipped, tagged as $125. Never worn in a game, tried on in my apt!

Otherwise they're going back to HockeyGiant!

:hfive:

I may be interested. I've been wanting to upgrade my lovely pants, plus I play at the same rink as you and just so happen to be on a red team so that's all oddly convenient.

My only concern is the fit; I'm super lanky so they may be too short on me as well. I'll shoot you a PM

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Took my old hockey goal from my parents house a few weeks back. It was all rusted up from sitting outside for 6 years. After putting on rusty metal primer and a new coat of paint the goal looked great. Spurred me to build a backstop to avoid pucks going into my neighbor's yard, which was always an issue at my parents place. Here's a photo of my daughter acting as my shooting coach once I had it all setup. The backstop is crazy big because I plan on putting an ice rink down shortly. Also gives me piece of mind to let shots rip without having to worry about deflections breaking a window.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Teeter posted:

I may be interested. I've been wanting to upgrade my lovely pants, plus I play at the same rink as you and just so happen to be on a red team so that's all oddly convenient.

My only concern is the fit; I'm super lanky so they may be too short on me as well. I'll shoot you a PM

when do you play there next and are you going to do a tuesday skate anytime soon?

also i live in miracle mile if you're a westsider.

and i will be going to jakes hockey shop at some point this weekend to bake my skates

sellouts fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 9, 2016

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Loqieu posted:

Took my old hockey goal from my parents house a few weeks back. It was all rusted up from sitting outside for 6 years. After putting on rusty metal primer and a new coat of paint the goal looked great. Spurred me to build a backstop to avoid pucks going into my neighbor's yard, which was always an issue at my parents place. Here's a photo of my daughter acting as my shooting coach once I had it all setup. The backstop is crazy big because I plan on putting an ice rink down shortly. Also gives me piece of mind to let shots rip without having to worry about deflections breaking a window.

Nice! How far is the backstop from the fence? Looks like a wayward slapper could still do some damage but hard to tell from the pic.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

prom candy posted:

Nice! How far is the backstop from the fence? Looks like a wayward slapper could still do some damage but hard to tell from the pic.

It's about 3 feet from the backstop to the fence. I have the back net a little more taut so a hard shot won't hit the fence. I've sailed some slapshots straight into it and the back net catches the puck and slides it down perfectly. Nicest thing is I can disassemble this setup when I have people.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Netting can be weird though, if you pull it tight it rips easier. Nets are toughest when they hang loose and you let inertia do its thing. Heavier netting lets them absorb stuff with less folding (ie, goal netting)

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Loqieu posted:

It's about 3 feet from the backstop to the fence. I have the back net a little more taut so a hard shot won't hit the fence. I've sailed some slapshots straight into it and the back net catches the puck and slides it down perfectly. Nicest thing is I can disassemble this setup when I have people.

What do you mean take it down when you have people? Get a few cases of beer, some bros, and rip some drunken slappers.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

sellouts posted:

when do you play there next and are you going to do a tuesday skate anytime soon?

also i live in miracle mile if you're a westsider.

and i will be going to jakes hockey shop at some point this weekend to bake my skates

You know what, I may have to back out after looking at the sizing charts. My waist size is like 32-34" so S can sometimes work, but I'm over 6' and length is always an issue. If it was a problem for you then it's probably just as bad or worse for me.

If there is a 12/13 or 12/20 pickup then I will go and would still be interested in checking them out, but due to a screwy holiday schedule I'm not sure if I'll be playing on Sunday again until January. If that's the case then you may be better off getting the refund because :effort:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

What do you mean take it down when you have people? Get a few cases of beer, some bros, and rip some drunken slappers.

I would be so loving amped if I got invited to a bbq or something and saw this setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But then you'd get that one mom who loses her poo poo after a couple wine coolers and demands someone teaches her how to do a slap shot and wastes half an hour doing jack poo poo then catches the stick on concrete and scrapes the gently caress out of your brand new nexus.