Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Jack also has a stacking (up to 999 stacks IIRC) damage buff skill that is based on how much cash you've picked up.

You lose the buff if you spend any money. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Bottom Liner posted:

No, but the whole of TPS is a significant step down from the first two. At first I thought maybe I was just worn on that style after playing the first two, but then it just kept getting worse and worse.

Unless you're specifically talking about the orphan then you're really wrong. The only big difference is that there are a lot more single-serving characters that are only around for one quest but most of them are really good and funny.

Janey Springs is a mostly alright character, she has actual emotional depth in her backstory and motivations for why she is like she is which is a lot more than many Borderlands characters. She lost her significant other to a kraggon and is dealing with that loss by attempting to start a relationship with every woman she meets.

I'm not saying she gets a lot of undeserved hate that she wouldn't have gotten if simply her gender or sexuality would've been different, I'm implying it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

WarLocke posted:

Also why do TPS characters get to keep/bank their starting audio logs but when I started an Axton game in BL2 his echo poofed when I used it? :argh:

Because iirc in Borderlands 2, the only echo log that ever appears in your inventory is the one you start with. All the others are interactive objects that don't count as items.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I was really bummed that you couldn't keep audio logs in BL2.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Arcsquad12 posted:

I was really bummed that you couldn't keep audio logs in BL2.

I have no idea what's on any of them because every time I would try and play it Claptrap or Jack or someone else would start talking and cancel it out and you only got one shot at it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I feel like the game is telling me to start/twink another Gaige, thanks random loot midget at the Buzzard Camp:

Between that, a level 9ish Emperor SMG, and my level 13 Rubberized Pandemic she would be pretty much set.

Also, this is the e-tech color right?

I assumed so since this thing fires a big slow Romulan-style ball of plasma instead of a rocket. The ammo cost/mag size and slowness of the projectile were dealbreakers though. :negative:

e: Is there a trick/secret to getting into the big chest in the command center in Sanctuary? That thing taunts me every time I'm there, I swear...

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 2, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

^ Yeah e-tech is the Magenta color. A lot of 'em are crap but you can't really go wrong with the launchers or SMGs unless they are Bandit.

The chest inside the command centre is part of a quest midway through the game and can only be opened once.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

^ Yeah e-tech is the Magenta color. A lot of 'em are crap but you can't really go wrong with the launchers or SMGs unless they are Bandit.

The chest inside the command centre is part of a quest midway through the game and can only be opened once.

Agreed, most E-Tech really isn't worth it. Especially the pistols, which can't give headshots!

But unique E-Tech stuff is always interesting and cool, and usually is the best version of that particular E-Tech weapon type. (I'm looking at you, Slow Hand.)

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I totally forgot about the Slow Hand. Which is dumb, because I did spend ages farming for perfect ones. The Slow Hand is indeed very good, especially if you get one that fires 3 projectiles instead of 1.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The e-tech SMGs can be horrifying bullethoses of elemental destruction.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Khizan posted:

The e-tech SMGs can be horrifying bullethoses of elemental destruction.

Tediore ones can be terrifying in a different way since e-tech stuff gets (almost) double the magazine capacity. It's also a good way to chew through all you ammo.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Is Axton's ability that increases the number of grenades he can carry worth points, or can you get 'enough' simply from black market upgrades?

Looking at his left-hand tree and I need to take either that ability or Laser Sight to unlock the capstone since the kill skill seems meh and I'm not a fan of relying on my shields being down (especially since Axton has a lot of shield buffs) for the fourth-tier ability.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
You get up to 10 from the Black Market, and Axton's skill gives +5 at max level. (Or +11 with class mods.) If your play style involves lots of grenades, why not take it? It's better than Laser Sight.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Edward IV posted:

Tediore ones can be terrifying in a different way since e-tech stuff gets (almost) double the magazine capacity. It's also a good way to chew through all you ammo.

They also do double damage if you throw them compared to shooting them! :eng101:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Solumin posted:

Agreed, most E-Tech really isn't worth it. Especially the pistols, which can't give headshots!

I still maintain that Dahl E-Tech ARs are beautiful in the hands of Gaige.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Tempest_56 posted:

So's Vladof!

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

watho posted:

They also do double damage if you throw them compared to shooting them! :eng101:

Yeah, that was what I was implying though I suppose I was too vague about it.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I think I might use that L32 Krieg save from the OP and finally play Torgue's Campaign of Carnage. I got part way through it in my first game, but quit because I was overleveled and it was boring.

Krieg definitely seems to be optimal for maximum Torgueishness, but do I want to do Hellfire or Bloodlust? Which is more awesome? Which is more Torgue? I don't want to do melee Krieg, he bores me.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Tempest_56 posted:

I hadn't thought of that.

Oh man I really want to play this game again. :sweatdrop:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

watho posted:

So's Vladof!

Dahl's is better. Zoomed in, it only consumes 1 ammo per shot instead of 2. The big downside (the spread) is pointless because Gaige doesn't give a poo poo about peasant concepts like 'aim'. So you get this vomit of 9 shots for half the normal E-Tech cost, and effectively no downsides. I had a corrosive one as my stand-by for Loader-heavy segments.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Bottom Liner posted:

Speaking of Gibbed, I used it to start a new character on Playthrough 2, but my 3rd and 4th weapon slots are locked. Will they unlock again in the game or can I open them with Gibbed?

Anyone?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Khizan posted:

I don't want to do melee Krieg, he bores me.

Man this is the wrong opinion, but I'll tell you that Bloodlust on it's own is even more boring. If you don't want to be melee for whatever reason, toss on a Flame of the Firehawk shield and go Hellborn.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Man this is the wrong opinion

I can understand the sentiment. I was running a Krieg for a while and was having an absolute ball until the reality that the guns didn't really matter anymore dawned on me and it was like a spell had been broken and I never touched him again.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Mr Scumbag posted:

I can understand the sentiment. I was running a Krieg for a while and was having an absolute ball until the reality that the guns didn't really matter anymore dawned on me and it was like a spell had been broken and I never touched him again.

This is it right here. I did Krieg on my first playthrough right up until a point in the 20's where when I got a fantastic gun and realized that I was never going to actually shoot it at anybody.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I didn't have that problem cause I usually hate FPS games; I suck at aiming guns so playing 400+ hours as melee was way more fun to me. Not to say I never used guns, I had a slag plasma caster and a corrosive Lyuda that I used forever (kept leveled with gibbed). Not to mention grog nozzle, Law, and DPUH in higher level stuff.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

The TVHM versions of the quests that give you those upgrades in Normal do not give you those upgrades again. So you might be screwed. In the OP somewhere is a link to some level 32 saves I made at the start of TVHM, with all the correct unlocks and some levelled gear. Use those if you wanna hop straight to PT2.

(You can edit those files in gibbed to change names, guns, whatevers if you want)

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm not sure if the TVHM+ versions of the quests still give you weapon storage upgrade decks, but my guess is no. There might be another way in the Raw tab, but the options I know are:

1) You didn't do this, but generally the easiest way is to just copy a character with unlocked weapon slots, then set the playthrough/level/class etc. with the editor. I don't remember if anything still glitches out if you change your class via editor, if so you can work around that with the optional step of using a character profile of the right class from someone else.

2) The weapon slots are unlocked by inventory items (like BL1) that activate as soon as you get them (unlike BL1). What works is if you put them into your bank and "loot" them, process/codes here: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/111815/how-do-i-set-my-level-unlocked-weapon-equip-slots-and-playthrough-mode

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

orcane posted:

I'm not sure if the TVHM+ versions of the quests still give you weapon storage upgrade decks, but my guess is no. There might be another way in the Raw tab, but the options I know are:

1) You didn't do this, but generally the easiest way is to just copy a character with unlocked weapon slots, then set the playthrough/level/class etc. with the editor. I don't remember if anything still glitches out if you change your class via editor, if so you can work around that with the optional step of using a character profile of the right class from someone else.

2) The weapon slots are unlocked by inventory items (like BL1) that activate as soon as you get them (unlike BL1). What works is if you put them into your bank and "loot" them, process/codes here: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/111815/how-do-i-set-my-level-unlocked-weapon-equip-slots-and-playthrough-mode

Thanks! The second part fixed me up.

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008

Solumin posted:

In my opinion, it's way too easy to break the level curve if you do the DLCs in the middle of the main game. If you find yourself bored with the story, then jumping into Scarlett or Torgue for a bit can be really fun, but I think they're best enjoyed as a whole when you have time at the end of the game. Unfortunately, this means you'll outlevel... well, all of them, really. I guess on the bright side you can focus on the story and humor, and then come back in TVHM to get the full experience? IDK.

The best way to go about it is to beat the main game on normal, play any DLCs you don't out-level on normal, and once you get around level 30 switch to TVHM and do any DLCs you have left to do right away.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

The fact that I can't figure out how to fill in that last bit of map is really getting to me. :negative:

What is going on here with that phantom half-buff icon?

And finally this game seems to enjoy giving me bonkers grenades:

2100 hp/second vampire healing? Sure, why not? :unsmigghh:

Also, turning in the chip thinger from Bloodwing pushed me over into level 27, is that about where I should be? I've been doing pretty much every side quest and whatever other stuff as I go along (except the creature slaughter dome, gently caress that Ultimate Badass Varkid :catstare:)

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

WarLocke posted:

The fact that I can't figure out how to fill in that last bit of map is really getting to me. :negative:

Don't worry and just ignore it. That part of the map is only accessible when you pick up a side mission from Sawtooth Caldron towards the end of the game.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

WarLocke posted:

What is going on here with that phantom half-buff icon?

IIRC it's a conditional buff, you need to do something to activate it first, most likely kill an enemy possibly in a specific way.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Vanrushal posted:

IIRC it's a conditional buff, you need to do something to activate it first, most likely kill an enemy possibly in a specific way.

That specific buff is the HP regen from having full shields IIRC.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

watho posted:

That specific buff is the HP regen from having full shields IIRC.

I thought the actual shield buff icon was that buff, and then I get the weird ghost buff icon sometimes alongside it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

WarLocke posted:

I thought the actual shield buff icon was that buff, and then I get the weird ghost buff icon sometimes alongside it.

The empty half-buff indicates one that you only get upon filling certain criteria. Read through your skills for something that either shows up when you do a thing, when certain things are true (e.g. having full shields), etc.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

WarLocke posted:

Vanrushal posted:

Yup. The ghost buff is just a placeholder. When you activate whatever buff that is, it'll show up there. For example, you might have a buff that activates when your turret is deployed, like Battlefront.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Solumin posted:

Yup. The ghost buff is just a placeholder. When you activate whatever buff that is, it'll show up there. For example, you might have a buff that activates when your turret is deployed, like Battlefront.

Ah, then it's whatever the left-tree buff is that gives me health regen when I damage an enemy. Still seems weird to display a buff 'shadow' when it's not going though.

Something I've been wondering: I know the profile editor program has a button to unlock all heads/skins, but is there a way to only unlock certain ones (like the event ones from 2013 that AFAIK you can't get now)? If it's something that drops in-game I still want to 'earn' it but I'd like to have those as well.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

WarLocke posted:

Ah, then it's whatever the left-tree buff is that gives me health regen when I damage an enemy. Still seems weird to display a buff 'shadow' when it's not going though.

Something I've been wondering: I know the profile editor program has a button to unlock all heads/skins, but is there a way to only unlock certain ones (like the event ones from 2013 that AFAIK you can't get now)? If it's something that drops in-game I still want to 'earn' it but I'd like to have those as well.

If the skin/head can be given by an inventory item, you can use Gibbed's editor to give yourself the items and unlock them that way. Otherwise it's all or nothing.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Did 'Doctor's Orders' the other night. Those ECHO logs. :stonk:

Although now I'm wondering:

- Flesh-Stick killed Tiny Tina's parents
- Flesh-Stick also supplied a pair of slag experimentation subjects to Jack and Dr. Samuels Whatever
- Krieg got his psycho powers from slag experiments(?)
- Krieg = Tina's Father?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
You are not the first person to draw that conclusion. I can't remember if it was ever officially denied but I think there is evidence against it.

• Locked thread