Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

veekie posted:

If her speed with that is anything like her regular combat speed...:v:

Well, a gentleman allows a lady to take her time... :colbert:

Err... uhm... wait... :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

Spirit Armor posted:

There are a myriad of potentially disturbing reasons for Sakura to be nervous, but I'll just assume that she's being all blushy and shy because she's being adorable and thoughtful (rather than tsundere and psychotically obsessed).

You mean yandere.

Tsundere is basically alternating between a cool, uncaring attitude and embarrassed, blushing one.

Yandere is basically that nice, cute, kind girl down the road who always packs you lunch... and plots to murder any other girl who does the same.

Information obtained thanks to archive binging on tvtropes.com. So much time wasted...

Reallycoolname fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 4, 2008

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Reallycoolname posted:

Information obtained thanks to archive binging on tvtropes.com. So much time wasted...
You too? That site is diabolically addictive.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Neither of which can actually feel pain or suffering.

Vote Sumire!
She'll make you feel it.

You think Kohran's robots don't feel pain and suffering? Ask the Chibi Robo Army. :colbert:

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

GruntyThrst posted:

You think Kohran's robots don't feel pain and suffering? Ask the Chibi Robo Army. :colbert:

Pain completes them.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

GruntyThrst posted:

They comprehend pain and suffering. Just because you program a toaster to scream and think it is feeling intense heat whenever you activate it does not make it feel pain.

Vote Sumire!
Because she told you to!

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
Ha ha ha oh man. It's a good thing that I updated late Monday night; with all the poo poo that's been going on, I probably wouldn't have been able to get it out until tomorrow. :downs:

Anyways, no ETA on the next update mainly because I haven't actually started on it yet, but let's just leave that to one side, but I'll try to have it out by Saturday evening or Sunday at the latest.

Also, I'm disappearing from the Internet on Monday because that's when I get my copy of SimEverything.

Velcroman posted:

I didn't even watch most of the videos.

If it is feasable, Spirit Armor, I would like to see Summit's two counterparts. As long as it doesn't ruin the rapport you have built with Maria...

You can probably skip most of the later battle videos, but I'd suggest the final combination videos and the boss videos, at least. Just as long as you get a feel for the characters' voices. :v:

I'd gotten Summit completely by accident, so, uh. I'll try. Probably won't be aiming for any particular strategy, since I'm usually not sure which answer choices boosts which strategy.

Also, there are three counterparts-- Wood has its own upgrade.

Empyreal posted:

If I had the money, I would pay Spirit Armor to play this game and update daily.

Potential legal issues aside, "professional LPer" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Also, it's probably a good thing that you're not paying for this translation anyways. :v:

Ideya Keeper posted:

I only really want to say thank you for giving me a day's worth of absolute awesome and good luck on carrying out your plan to LP all of the series, No doubt I'll be voting for Sumire once you start collecting votes again!

Glad you're enjoying it! I hope you'll stick around for whenever I get around to LPing the other games over the next twenty years.

ToxicFrog posted:

I'd never heard of Sakura Wars before reading it, and I still have no plans to go out and play it, but I'm enjoying this immensely.

Probably a good thing, unless you can read moonspeak and/or are willing to slog through moonspeak. Glad you're liking the LP, though!

Canuck-Errant posted:

A song

I choked when I ran the fourth sentence through a translator.

God, I love these forums.

Everyone posted:

OH GOD MARIA

I haven't actually blitzed through Maria's route, so you guys weren't alone in getting absolutely blindsided by that pose.

I vaguely recall almost dropping the controller on my foot.

Revenant Threshold posted:

I think Ogami was so confused by Maria's continued breaking that he didn't realise he had the option to leave the theatre.

Oh, sure, he could've left the theater... but he would've been with Sakura.

This is not a good trade-off.

veekie posted:

Also, is Sumire that inept that she'd need Iris to telekinetically tidy the place up for her?

Yeah, well... let's just say that it gets better.

SirSamVimes posted:

Thank you VERY much Spirit Armour, now I will always think of Ogami's voice as that of the Powerthirst guy.

SO MANY GUESTS! FOUR HUNDRED GUESTS.

Pendragon posted:

I don't even want to think how long it took you to translate that technobabble. Just out of curiosity, how close was your translation to the original?

Actually, it wasn't really the technobabble that was the problem-- I just shunted most of it through a kanji dictionary and puzzled it out from there. It was the bamboo screen and everything following it that really got me confused.

... personally, I'd take that sentence's translation with a grain of salt.

Chamelaeon posted:

I have no idea if this was intentional or not, but I read that as "Journey to the West Side Story" and I'm pretty sure something broke in my head when I tried to imagine what that would be like.

Hey, I'd watch it.

Glazius posted:

Okay, so who's actually smuggling in the booze, and who's going to distract Maria with Tsubaki, and who's going to mow down the invading horde of Wakiji like so many pink elephants on parade?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Yoneda

You overestimate the amount of debauchery that these upstanding citizens are liable to get themselves into. :colbert:

little_firebird posted:

3rd read-through

Good GOD--

... I mean, hey, glad you're liking it! :woop:

Empyreal posted:

You should have gone shopping, you could have bought and attempted to smuggle in the alcohol. And failed.

I'm pretty sure that going with Sakura is mutually exclusive with actually being able to see everyone else's scenes.

It wouldn't have been much of a vote.

Reallycoolname posted:

You mean yandere.

Er, whoops, typo. Thanks for catching that.

07 Users Suck
Jul 21, 2007
They ought to stop letting people register.
Well I was browsing youtube the other day and I came across this little gem.

Yare Yare Daze...

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

07 Users Suck posted:

Well I was browsing youtube the other day and I came across this little gem.

Yare Yare Daze...

And so we have the only thing that could possibly be better than Spirit Armor's rendition of Sakura Wars.

A JoJo Visual Novel.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Crono S. Magnum posted:

They comprehend pain and suffering. Just because you program a toaster to scream and think it is feeling intense heat whenever you activate it does not make it feel pain.

Vote Sumire!
Because she told you to!

Ah! Look over what you just said. Comprehending pain IS feeling pain. Pain doesn't exist as a free standing entity, it's something that is understood by the individual. Humans experience pain when nerve ending are stimulated and send an electric impulse to the brain. By that same process, a robot could feel pain if a sensor sent an impulse to its CPU. Just because it isn't flesh and blood doesn't mean it can't be alerted to potential danger by a peripheral "nervous" system.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, etc. etc.

Edit: In other words, Vote Kohran. She makes amalgamations of metal and silicon cry electronic tears.

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 5, 2008

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
You know, I started to read the thread over again from the top (and holy crap it's gonna take me a while), and it's fun seeing all the stuff before knowing what comes later. For instance, Ogami's confidence, snappiness, and general military precision, the first hints of Iris's powers (which seemed to begin as a throwaway joke anyhoo), and the early voting.

Which reminds me, in that one scene where you told Maria that she should have tried on something like Sakura did in the play "Because of Love", does that unlock Maria looking for that shirt? Or does she do so anyways and Ogami just hit close to home?

Verty
Jul 27, 2007

Oh my god! The puppy orphanage!

Glazius posted:

Okay, so who's actually smuggling in the booze

Is that a serious question? The Manager of course :cheers:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

GruntyThrst posted:

Ah! Look over what you just said. Comprehending pain IS feeling pain. Pain doesn't exist as a free standing entity, it's something that is understood by the individual. Humans experience pain when nerve ending are stimulated and send an electric impulse to the brain. By that same process, a robot could feel pain if a sensor sent an impulse to its CPU. Just because it isn't flesh and blood doesn't mean it can't be alerted to potential danger by a peripheral "nervous" system.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, etc. etc.

Hmmm...

As much as I'd like to argue that point, I cannot seem to come up with much of a rebuttal.

Still, Vote Sumire!
She's Soft, Squishy and won't make you randomly explode!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Verty posted:

Is that a serious question? The Manager of course :cheers:

I said smuggling. Yoneda doesn't have to smuggle booze. Any liquid left within 10 yards of him for more than 6 hours automatically becomes alcoholic. That's why he can't give blood anymore, and why the theater has its own ultramodern medical center.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Hmmm...

As much as I'd like to argue that point, I cannot seem to come up with much of a rebuttal.

Still, Vote Sumire!

Kohran is soft and squishy (have you seen her dress?) and for the last part, you say that like it's a bad thing.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Hmmm...

Still, Vote Sumire!

Victory by Science! :science:

Vote Kohran!

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.
Science, Glasses and hot legs! Vote Kohran!

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Kohran is the cause behind the Robo-Holocaust!

When you vote for Kohran, you vote for worldwide mechanical freewill suppression!

Vote Sumire for a glorious, golden city constructed with vast tracts of land and dollar bills! and slaves like the likes of you

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Reallycoolname posted:

Kohran is the cause behind the Robo-Holocaust!

When you vote for Kohran, you vote for worldwide mechanical freewill suppression!

Vote Sumire for a glorious, golden city constructed with vast tracts of land and dollar bills! and slaves like the likes of you

Are you mad? Sumire, while she does have vast tracts of land, is rich.
And while being rich is a good thing, it is one letter off from reich, which is what the nazis wanted.
So Sumire the the person who wants the holocaust here!

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Hellioning posted:

Are you mad? Sumire, while she does have vast tracts of land, is rich.
And while being rich is a good thing, it is one letter off from reich, which is what the nazis wanted.
So Sumire the the person who wants the holocaust here!

Internet logic is the best logic.

( :godwin: )

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

GruntyThrst posted:

Internet logic is the best logic.

( :godwin: )

Obviously. :colbert:

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
No, seriously, vote Sumire, for Ogami's sake. She's the one least likely to make his Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder flare up once he retires.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Kirbyoto posted:

No, seriously, vote Sumire, for Ogami's sake. She's the one least likely to make his Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder flare up once he retires.

Retire? OGAMI?! BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. He'll be dead LONG before he retires (or else in hell on earth, or a state of perpetual mindrape, or what-have-you). Keep in mind, this is just the first game...

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!
I see no one standing up for our dear Russian markswoman here...

For more :wtc: moments, badassed gun-toting, and someone who only gets cuter the more you play with her, vote Maria!

Besides, I'd like to see how she reacts when Michael and Co. show up...

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Maria's crew knows better than to get involved in this sort of yelling match.

Screw your Sumire-excuses and bomb fetishes, we'll just vote for Maria.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Vote for Maria, or I swear to god I'll find all your addresses and send you Iris figurines.

With Jean-Paul included, staring.

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
A vote for Maria is a vote for boobs, guns, awesome, and adorable.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Canuck-Errant posted:

Vote for Maria, or I swear to god I'll find all your addresses and send you Iris figurines.

That wouldn't be too bad, they'd make great stuff to re-gift.

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
A vote for Maria is also a vote for Maria and Ogami to rule. All Ogami has to is get Maria to do her adorable face and their opponents brains would shut down allowing Maria and Ogami to win at anything...or if that fails Maria can just shoot their opponents in the head.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Spirit Armor posted:

SO MANY GUESTS! FOUR HUNDRED GUESTS.

GIVE SHOCKOLATE TO YOUR GUESTS AND THEY'LL BE GOOD AT SPORTS!
I'll stop now.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

DragonFlux posted:

A vote for Maria is also a vote for Maria and Ogami to rule. All Ogami has to is get Maria to do her adorable face and their opponents brains would shut down allowing Maria and Ogami to win at EVERYTHING FOREVER!

Fixed to more accurately reflect Ogami's true nature.

And, as I've already said, Maria is good at one thing and one thing only; shooting poo poo.

Unless you want Ogami to end up as a big ol' slab of dead flesh hung outside the theater to scare away potential customers, don't vote Maria.

Vote Sumire!
Her foreplay isn't deadly!

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Fixed to more accurately reflect Ogami's true nature.

And, as I've already said, Maria is good at one thing and one thing only; shooting poo poo.

Unless you want Ogami to end up as a big ol' slab of dead flesh hung outside the theater to scare away potential customers, don't vote Maria.

Vote Sumire!
Her foreplay isn't deadly!

She'll never be done with it either.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

veekie posted:

She'll never be done with it either.

More accurately, by the time she's done with it she'll be legal.

Vote Sumire, because Ogami wouldn't last long in prison.

Verty
Jul 27, 2007

Oh my god! The puppy orphanage!

Glazius posted:

I said smuggling. Yoneda doesn't have to smuggle booze. Any liquid left within 10 yards of him for more than 6 hours automatically becomes alcoholic. That's why he can't give blood anymore, and why the theater has its own ultramodern medical center.

So true, that being the case just get anyone to bring booze in, when Maria asks about it just say it's Yoneda's and she'll instantly understand.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Verty posted:

So true, that being the case just get anyone to bring booze in, when Maria asks about it just say it's Yoneda's and she'll instantly understand.

And shoot you anyway, on general principles.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
You bastard. I left SA for the express reason of returning AFTER you finished this LP. :mad: Jerk.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Whew! Finally caught up completely. This LP brings the awesome. And the giant walls of text and screenshots.

Of course, now I have no idea who I'm going to vote for. Or rather, I know who (Maria, Kanna and Kouran)*, but I have no idea what order to put them in. In particular, Kouran's chapter has messed things up; when she looks sad I have an overwhelming urge to :sympathy: until she feels better.

* Instant disqualifications: Iris, because she's a creature from Outside wearing the body of a 9-year-old girl and thus full of :cry: :cthulhu: :gonk:; Sakura, because she's sweet and gooey on the outside with a crazy center; Sumire, because she's 10L of ego in a 2L can and I can't see a relationship with her being at all enjoyable.

TheGreenAvenger posted:

You bastard. I left SA for the express reason of returning AFTER you finished this LP. Jerk.
I guess that by coming in this late, I've kind of missed the sense of how long this has been going on for.

Terashell
Dec 19, 2007

Gaben-chan~

Canuck-Errant posted:

Loli figurines with soul-stuffed teddy bears do not scare me. :colbert: It takes more than Elder Gods to scare me.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ToxicFrog posted:

I guess that by coming in this late, I've kind of missed the sense of how long this has been going on for.
Over a year. First post is July 19, 2007. Hell, I think I've been following it for like four or five months and I came in _after_ a hiatus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Terashell posted:

Loli figurines with soul-stuffed teddy bears do not scare me. :colbert: It takes more than Elder Gods to scare me.

SAN check!

• Locked thread