Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How grumpy will grumpy cat be
Mad at WWE's traditional fall season booking
Disgusted at the animal cruelty shown by Adam Rose
Frustrated chasing around El Torito's torn-off tail
She's twerking!
View Results

• Locked thread
Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Writer Cath posted:

There's so many people in the Authority now that Rollins has become completely irrelevant.

Whoever said they're basically up to Corporate Ministry levels of 'twenty people standing around' is right

oatgan posted:

creepy stalker in a janitor suit is a babyface???

I keep saying this but my probation officer won't listen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I hope Rowan just gets bored and leaves to go find Grumpy Cat.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

oatgan posted:

creepy mental patient with a leather mask one ear and multiple personalities is a babyface???

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I look forward to Cesaro and Shaemus not being booked for this PPV.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Writer Cath posted:

There's so many people in the Authority now that Rollins has become completely irrelevant.

Oh my god I didn't think of this and now this angers me too.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

Everybody was in the ring and I thought I was late for a meeting :ohdear:

MY FRIEND LUKE WAS IN THE RING SO I CAME TO THE RING TOO HELLO LUKE WHAT ARE WE DOING

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

I hope I don't regret stopping Mercyful Fate for this segment too late I already regret it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

OK so confirm something for me. That Rusev/Slater segment happened right? I didn't imagine it?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Welp, Jerry and Maggle over-hyped Team Cena. Expect a loss on Sunday, then a "we're generous/we never said anything about firing you" line from Vince on Raw, then status quo until next PPV.

Like a boot, stepping on your face, forever.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rand McNally posted:

John Cena's Team of Jobbers

Cesaros not on the team tho?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Terrible Raw, terrible ending. At least it wasn't as bad as John Cena's Team of Stupid loving Idiots though.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

not in 7 days

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oatgan posted:

He didn't seem to be so much of a stalker as like, a simpleton who has no idea how to interact with people. He's like Lennie.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

StarkRavingMad posted:

MY FRIEND LUKE WAS IN THE RING SO I CAME TO THE RING TOO HELLO LUKE WHAT ARE WE DOING

"Luke, where did Hawaiian Punch go? Luke? Why won't you talk to me, Luke? Luke?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Carver Crisis posted:

I hope Rowan betrays Team Cena cause they haven't really established any reason why he'd turn on Harper (other than he's retarded i guess)

A few months ago Bray pointed to a wrestler with a belt (any belt, doesn't matter which) and said,"That's the guy you have to beat up, Erik."

So Erik saw Harper on television with a belt and remembered what he is supposed to do.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

smarky HHH remains the best thing

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Wanna join Team WrasslorMonkey!

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

RacistGuidingLight posted:

How was the show tho? Was it good?

I'm seriously considering not watching a free PPV because of tonight's show.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

He didn't seem to be so much of a stalker as like, a simpleton who has no idea how to interact with people. He's like Lennie.

lennie was a murderer

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So is Rowan SERIOUSLY Sheamus's replacement? loving WHAT

Rowan's head is just an upside down Sheamus anyway

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I liked how on the Network overrun Lawler talked about he and Savage working Memphis Pre-WWE.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

oatgan posted:

lennie was a murderer

But he wasn't a bad guy. He just didn't know his own strength.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Roman Reigns posted:

I am watching for Harper, Rowan, and Rusev. Also maybe Ambrose and Wyatt will be a good match. I can ignore the inevitable Cena-ing

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Food Court Druid posted:

Cena's team is still composed entirely of guys he's feuded with.

What four upper-mid-carders could you put together that wouldn't be entirely people Cena's feuded with?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oatgan posted:

lennie was a murderer

Well yeah, but not on purpose!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

i don't know, RGL

Jerusalem posted:

No it was quite bad.

Aw, dang it.

Did they seriously take Sheamus off the top of the card? That stinks!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Roman Reigns posted:

Whoa. That bad?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

But he wasn't a bad guy. He just didn't know his own strength.

and yet all of you people turned on Jack Swagger the minute he injured his opponent

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

This, the gif of Miz kissing Grumpy Cat, and Cesaro/Ryback are about all you need to see from this Raw.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Striking Yak posted:

This, the gif of Miz kissing Grumpy Cat, and Cesaro/Ryback are about all you need to see from this Raw.

I'd rather just watch the Ziggler/Kidd/Cesaro triple threat from Smackdown 3 times.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Really though, what was the point of that Cesaro fakeout? Just to gently caress with people who want to see Cesaro pushed?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Roman Reigns posted:

Good show, but still.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Really though, what was the point of that Cesaro fakeout? Just to gently caress with people who want to see Cesaro pushed?

to gently caress with John Cena

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Rhonne posted:

HHH is going to let Seth have the night off.

Parasara
Sep 17, 2014

Next time I see that woman, I'm shooting her, and not in the knee.

The 'swerve' of the night was that they teased a much better match then haha! Got you thinking that we'd have a decent match! Here's Ryback Mark Henry.

Like, I want to like the WWE. I really do. There was really something there post Wrestlemania. But ever since Summerslam (and, if i'm being truthful, for much of the Wrestlemania --> Summerslam period) watching the WWE has just felt...tiring. It's a grind to watch and see what amazing talent they have and how massively they're misused. It's a grind to see them waste every spot where they could possibly make changes. It's a grind to look ahead and know that despite having people like Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, and Sami Zayn on the roster that the person who is going to get the inevitable push is Roman Reigns. It's a grind to know that almost none of this is going to change, that whatever magic there was pre- and post-wrestlemania was just a fluke.

Maybe this whole Cesao "haha you thought you were getting a good match" is the straw that broke the camels back for me. I don't know. It's still fresh and depressing, and maybe come Friday ill watch some cool stuff on Smackdown and be ready to watch another several hours of a pay per view. But right now I just don't think I want to see any more WWE programming.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Parasara posted:

The 'swerve' of the night was that they teased a much better match then haha! Got you thinking that we'd have a decent match! Here's Ryback Mark Henry.

Like, I want to like the WWE. I really do. There was really something there post Wrestlemania. But ever since Summerslam (and, if i'm being truthful, for much of the Wrestlemania --> Summerslam period) watching the WWE has just felt...tiring. It's a grind to watch and see what amazing talent they have and how massively they're misused. It's a grind to see them waste every spot where they could possibly make changes. It's a grind to look ahead and know that despite having people like Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, and Sami Zayn on the roster that the person who is going to get the inevitable push is Roman Reigns. It's a grind to know that almost none of this is going to change, that whatever magic there was pre- and post-wrestlemania was just a fluke.

Maybe this whole Cesao "haha you thought you were getting a good match" is the straw that broke the camels back for me. I don't know. It's still fresh and depressing, and maybe come Friday ill watch some cool stuff on Smackdown and be ready to watch another several hours of a pay per view. But right now I just don't think I want to see any more WWE programming.

Christ, I'd be okay with them pushing Reigns. But it'll be Cena. Then. Now. Forever.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Parasara posted:

I didn't see it so I don't understand.

Parasara posted:

I watch the show cuz I enjoy it and if I don't I take a break. Please don't feel obligated.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Parasara posted:

They've lost decency. For faces, heels and general storylines, as well as any care we've had for the title.

I lost a year of reference during my last deployment, so when I left, CM Punk was still champion. CM Punk was also an extravagant heel, and they played him to the hilt. He was one of those few heels that really did the job well: You couldn't say he sucked because he was constantly defending his title, but right when you sympathized with him, he stole Paul Bearer's urn and used it to taunt the Undertaker.

Now, with the belt in the hands of a literal no-show except for PPVs, you have a problem of balance. There are the other titles, but none really get as hyped as the Heavyweight, so you have to turn to other avenues to create drama. You turn to your rivalries. But those are old, and without new people jumping to try to take a shot, there's not a lot of ambition for that nightly card.

So, you make your rivalry bigger. Thus, the Authority.

But, hey, a lot of people are pissed off at corporations right now. Great, let's make our enemy a corporation!

Russia's acting like fucktards again! Great, we'll make another Nationalist rivalry!

Hey, younger folks are mad at dumb, bigoted mouthpieces for the status quo! Let's make JBL a thoughtless shithead!

And they sell these as legitimate, but they're just the same cards, recycled over and over, playing on the same themes that we've seen since Brock Lesnar broke the streak, even before that. Corporation is bad, let's make some heels into faces to fight them! Rusev is horrible, let's send people in to watch him crush, then hype up another fight, then get crushed again. Repeat. JBL shills for authority, other commentators shill against authority. It's been like this for months, with very little different to break it up. And we're all tired.

So, when we see an obvious mark coming along (Authority loses Survivor Series, Heyman comes back to pimp Lesnar for the title), we just tune out. Crowds go quiet. Cheers turn into snores. And so it goes. And even if Authority wins, all that means is that the cycle repeats until a new Face comes along.

How to change it? Who the gently caress knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Jerusalem posted:

No it was quite bad.

I thought it was a perfectly servicable go-home show. But that's it.

• Locked thread