Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Monathin posted:

Tavros, you're getting kind of Gollum-y there near the end.

Just. You know. Thought you might want to know. To step it down a little. :stare:

Just a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I've got a few more commissioned Homestuck fanmusics out! The first was for another one of Electricwestern's fantrolls. I know the content of this one may upset some people, so I'm going to preface it with #tw: bagpipes

The second commission was for another Homestuck fanmusician, DoubleJoeSeven (he just released a pretty cool Homestuck song of his own, Together (At Last)) He commissioned me to do a theme for his fankid's Land, the Land of Islands and Aquamarine.

Edit: fixed the first link

Well Manicured Man fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 21, 2012

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Dr Christmas posted:

So which beloved character is Vriska going to get permadoublekilled while Hussie laughs?

The fan trolls.

I'm not even joking.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

TheDemon posted:

The fan trolls.

I'm not even joking.

This is by far the best theory this thread has ever had.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Eventually, all the non-meteor trolls will be double-killed. Then, it will be revealed that there's an even more obscure realm where you go when double-killed.

But oh no, something is triple-murdering double-ghosts! :ohdear:

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop

Cabbit posted:

Eventually, all the non-meteor trolls will be double-killed. Then, it will be revealed that there's an even more obscure realm where you go when double-killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTq6PBwOcRE&t=2s

Relevant to the conversation at hand!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Cabbit posted:

This makes me think of one Tenacious D performance where they informed the devil that he would have to go back to "double hell" (as they were already in hell, or something to that effect).

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Rhinoceraptor posted:

Vriska is totally going to ghost-die before John sees her again.
John is going to die (of course he will), and he will meet Vriska in a dream bubble. And then Lord English will kill both of their ghosts. fedorafreak cements his place as fourth B1 hero to join the combined Universe B Team.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Seoinin posted:

"PLAN", "GLOAT", and "welp".

I don't know if Vriska does "welp" very much, but any Vriskatime Clock without "DESPERATE RAGE" would have to be severely flawed!

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
John makes the best faces in this comic.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Arthur Crackpot posted:

John makes the best faces in this comic.

He gets it from Jane, clearly.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Well Manicured Man posted:

I've got a few more commissioned Homestuck fanmusics out! The first was for another one of Electricwestern's fantrolls. I know the content of this one may upset some people, so I'm going to preface it with #tw: bagpipes

The second commission was for another Homestuck fanmusician, DoubleJoeSeven (he just released a pretty cool Homestuck song of his own, Together (At Last)) He commissioned me to do a theme for his fankid's Land, the Land of Islands and Aquamarine.

You linked the same song twice, the second one. Pretty nice, however.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

graybook posted:

This makes me think of one Tenacious D performance where they informed the devil that he would have to go back to "double hell" (as they were already in hell, or something to that effect).

I'm hoping they just come back like the South Park episodes "Do the Handicapped go to Hell?"/"Probably"

"Where was I gonna go, Detroit?"

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

graybook posted:

It took me a sec to parse exactly what Vriska meant by "88".

Vriska's actually a nazi :tinfoil:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Also I just noticed Tavros said "irregardless," as if the socks and sandals weren't bad enough.

This is not a new habit:

Thief: Tear into Page posted:

AG: Controlling the guardian to go after Jack was a fine idea. Sure would stir some poo poo up! 8etter than 8eing an insignificant stuttering piece of trash all the time, I say.
AG: And you were definitely on to something a8out doing it "irregardless" (lol) of her wishes.

heythisguyhere posted:

I can't wait to see what happens when it collides with Meenah's craziest, most incredibly dangerous plan ever.

I'm kind of expecting them to accidentally harmonise to be honest. Vriska's plan needs a big loud collection of dead to get LE's attention, and for him to think that it has something to do with Calliope; seems pretty obvious that all three plans are actually the same and nobody has noticed yet. (There is no way the secret weapon won't be Calliope)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Renaissance Robot posted:

(There is no way the secret weapon won't be Calliope)

A simple rebuttal for the secret weapon being Calliope is Hussie is building up to the secret weapon being Calliope.

e: But maybe he knows we'll think this way! BUT MAYBE HE KNOWS THAT WE KNOW THAT HE KNOWS THAT WE KNOW.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 21, 2012

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Well, there are more than a few items that seem likely to be important later on: the cherubs' jujus, the crowbar, and Cal probably isn't done despite falling in the ocean... (I've seen speculation that he's likely to have entered the game with Sawtooth, after being rescued by Seb who did after all have a leisurely four centuries to walk all the way there underwater, even if this would have involved waiting for Texas to be underwater in the first place.)

And then there's this ring, which might be important or might not! Wouldn't be the first time a semi-accidentally stolen ring turned out to be important in a work of fiction. (Tavros is even sort of channeling Gollum here, in some of his lines. Also, this, to tie it into earlier speculation regarding the ring's nature.)

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Oct 21, 2012

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The obvious solution is to get the Void ring into the hands of Equius. He will be the Most Important Character.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Midnight Raider posted:

You linked the same song twice, the second one. Pretty nice, however.

So I did. Oops... Here's the correct link to the bagpipes song: http://tmblr.co/Z0eDFwVbT2sg

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Well, there are more than a few items that seem likely to be important later on: the cherubs' jujus, the crowbar, and Cal probably isn't done despite falling in the ocean... (I've seen speculation that he's likely to have entered the game with Sawtooth, after being rescued by Seb who did after all have a leisurely four centuries to walk all the way there underwater, even if this would have involved waiting for Texas to be underwater in the first place.)

And then there's this ring, which might be important or might not! Wouldn't be the first time a semi-accidentally stolen ring turned out to be important in a work of fiction. (Tavros is even sort of channeling Gollum here, in some of his lines. Also, this, to tie it into earlier speculation regarding the ring's nature.)

The Crowbar seems to be the most likely candidate for the superweapon, since Kurloz is guarding it specifically so it can't be used. And since English is gonna be unbeatable unless they negate his time traveling powers, and the Crowbar is already established to break time-manipulating poo poo...yeah.

As for Cal, Gamzee probably brought the B1 version of him into the new session, hence B2 Cal's watery grave; there can only be one, after all.

Arthur Crackpot fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 21, 2012

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Didn't Hussie already say the Scratch's white revolver was English's only weakness in that self-insert interlude?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Didn't Hussie already say the Scratch's white revolver was English's only weakness in that self-insert interlude?

He said...

quote:

What's that, English? You look nervous. Could it be you weren't expecting me to know your only vulnerability? You have underestimated my omniscience almost as badly as I overestimate it as a matter of daily routine. Your reign of terror comes to an end here, on this balcony overlooking an enchanted cliffscape host to innumerable gorgeous stallions. How ironic, that your very demise would be in the proximity of some horses. What? You didn't follow that? Just think it over. Think it over...

...while wielding the revolver.

Which could imply that the revolver is his only weakness, but easily could be a red herring for something else present. Silly examples:

- Horses are Lord English's kryptonite. Being the presence of them renders his invulnerability worthless, meaning even a common gun can kill him.
- Lord English's vulnerability is the globe on his staff. Hussie was planning to shoot it off. Any ranged weapon would have sufficed, but his only one was out of bullets.
- Lord English's weaknesses is jujus, the revolver being the one Hussie had access to.

edit: Waaaaiittt a minute. Look at that scene again. People were speculating that if the revolver was indeed LE's weakness, then Jake wielding it would be how the B2 kids deal him his first loss. But Jake needs 2xPistolkind weapons, so they'd need two revolvers.

Well, Hussie throws the revolver and then pulls a wand out of his pocket. And we've seen from Calliope's introduction that guns have weapon-duality with wands. So did Hussie have two revolvers the whole time? LE currently has both of them?

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 21, 2012

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Luminous Obscurity posted:

He gets it from Jane, clearly.

She gets it from her Grandpa, though.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Wrist Watch posted:

She gets it from her Grandpa, though.

I think you mean her Poppop. :colbert:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Bobulus posted:

- Horses are Lord English's kryptonite. Being the presence of them renders his invulnerability worthless, meaning even a common gun can kill him.

Aaaaaaand we're back to Equius. :colbert:

Mister Gutsy
May 6, 2012

You love having a dead sister. Having a dead sister is an experience you would highly recommend to everybody.
So according to the MSPA forums, the Meenahquest part 3 beta is releasing some time today :neckbeard:

Get your spoiler tags ready.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

WAR FOOT posted:

Aaaaaaand we're back to Equius. :colbert:

Lord English, slowing falling to the ground as he murmurs in his gargantuan particolored text, "EQUIUS'S INTERESTS ARE MAKING ME DIZZY."

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
I've played it.
It's cool.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Oh my god. The new walkaround.

I don't wanna go off about it too much because I know some people got irritated at spoilerchat, but I love that Rufioh is literally just Dante Basco. Just talks exactly like he does on Tumblr.

Right down to calling everything "gangsta".

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

nerdbot posted:

Oh my god. The new walkaround.

I don't wanna go off about it too much because I know some people got irritated at spoilerchat, but I love that Rufioh is literally just Dante Basco. Just talks exactly like he does on Tumblr.

Right down to calling everything "gangsta".

Hussie's master plan is finally obvious. Create Homestuck, obtain full-length animated series of Homestuck using his dark Internet powers, force Dante Basco to voice Rufioh, and laugh as pop culture implodes.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Looks like the update's going to be live for everyone else in a few hours, according to Hussie. I can't wait to play it!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Rufio talks like Dante Basco. Already the best walkaround yet.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
This feels like a stretch but I figure I'll throw it out there so I can be ridiculed: (Meenahstuck 3)

Rufioh. Ru-Fi-Oh. Fiduspawn cards. Well then.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Oh maaaaaan.

I need to know what happens after the meenahquest 3 beta ends.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Where does it end?

Did you see dave and rose?

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Oh my god the last zone.

Once the music started I fistpumped so loving hard.

Edit: VVV poo poo is straight Meenah.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Answer me one spoiler-free question.

On a scale of Tavros to Latula, how radical is it?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

tinaun posted:

Where does it end?

Did you see dave and rose?

Yeah saw that bit it was great. It ends a little past that when meenah walks up to john, vriska and tavros in the desert (with hussie watching them jealously from behind a rock).

Seriously, meenah and vriska in the same scene, there's no way this can't be the best thing.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Oh God, just popping in to say Equius's ancestor is so great. Now, back to the flash.

Edit: Okay, Aradia's ancestor is great as well. This whole thing is awesome so far.

Desfore fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I lost it at the pixelated treasure and at talking to Hussie, and went "gently caress you" out loud at Damara's typing quirk. My guess is that there's going to be a partially translated version or something similar here later.

Also, we have a bit more evidence for the theory that Kurloz is destroying the ancestors' rage given Zahhak's relationship with Meulin.

Are there any known easter eggs for this one? That room with sleeping Karkat in particular seemed suspiciously empty...