Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Wiz posted:

Little something I've been meaning to do in a EU3 mod:

I wasn't using the culture decisions anyway (I use a revised system for culture trad), so instead I use those decisions to show/hide other decisions so you can get rid of the game annoying you about decisions you don't intend to execute. Every decision that isn't a complete no-brainer (ie country forming decisions and such) can now be disabled by executing the appropriate hide decision, and enabled again just as easily.

This will be great for my OCD, because those notifiers about decisions annoy the crap out of me and I always end up executing things I might not want to take just to get rid of them.

Holy poo poo, you genius. Please make sure to include that when you package this up as a mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Wiz posted:

Little something I've been meaning to do in a EU3 mod:

I wasn't using the culture decisions anyway (I use a revised system for culture trad), so instead I use those decisions to show/hide other decisions so you can get rid of the game annoying you about decisions you don't intend to execute. Every decision that isn't a complete no-brainer (ie country forming decisions and such) can now be disabled by executing the appropriate hide decision, and enabled again just as easily.

This will be great for my OCD, because those notifiers about decisions annoy the crap out of me and I always end up executing things I might not want to take just to get rid of them.

:worship:

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Also, in case anyone wonders how cultural tradition works, it's like this: By default you get +1 culture trad/year in peacetime, -2/year in wartime, and bonuses from various things like being in the HRE, decisions you can take, etc. You can buy an advisor if your culture trad is above 10%, and all advisors have the same cost: All your culture trad.

What this means is that you actually have to save up if you want a 6 star advisor, and can't just spend magistrates to constantly keep yourself stocked with ubermensch advisors. It also gives a nice benefit to long periods of peace.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Are you saying Settlement Policy is not a no brainer? :black101:

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Frionnel posted:

Are you saying Settlement Policy is not a no brainer? :black101:

I've tweaked it quite a bit. For one, you can't settlement policy a province unless you have a province of your culture with a higher pop than it (so Ireland can't culturally resettle China). Also the amount of time it takes to resettle a province depends on the pop of the province, but the random element is gone. You also have to actually spend population from your own provinces.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Every time I hear more about WizEu3, I want to play it more. Start the LP so you can release the mod already!

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Wiz posted:

I've tweaked it quite a bit. For one, you can't settlement policy a province unless you have a province of your culture with a higher pop than it (so Ireland can't culturally resettle China). Also the amount of time it takes to resettle a province depends on the pop of the province, but the random element is gone. You also have to actually spend population from your own provinces.

Does spent population get redistributed in whole or part to the targeted province, or do they get sacrificed to the Culture Gods?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Conskill posted:

Does spent population get redistributed in whole or part to the targeted province, or do they get sacrificed to the Culture Gods?

The province gets a growth boost so yeah. Mind that the pop cost replaces the colonist cost though.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Wiz posted:

Oh god yes. Paradox really should have included an option to blacklist decisions you don't want to enact so that you don't have that tab at the top highlit the entire game and you have no idea about when you can enact a new actual useful decision :negative:

e; I actually deleted the French Unification decision from the game when I played as Champagne just because of that even.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Wiz posted:

Also, in case anyone wonders how cultural tradition works, it's like this: By default you get +1 culture trad/year in peacetime, -2/year in wartime, and bonuses from various things like being in the HRE, decisions you can take, etc. You can buy an advisor if your culture trad is above 10%, and all advisors have the same cost: All your culture trad.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have culture tradition in wartime be linked to war exhaustion?

Sure, if someone comes along and pillages all your land and burns your cities and so on, that's a bad period for culture. But if your glorious armies are off conquering somewhere, I don't see why that's got to have a negative effect on culture.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Orange Devil posted:

Wouldn't it make more sense to have culture tradition in wartime be linked to war exhaustion?

Sure, if someone comes along and pillages all your land and burns your cities and so on, that's a bad period for culture. But if your glorious armies are off conquering somewhere, I don't see why that's got to have a negative effect on culture.

No matter how glorious the war, being at war is taxing and tends to divert resources away from things like sponsoring art. I also like it from a gameplay perspective since the player hardly needs more rewards for waging successful wars.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That system will also prevent the ingame history accounts from filling up with rulers spamming paintings.

But what will I do with my surplus magistrates when I can't afford buildings? :gonk:

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

SlothfulCobra posted:

That system will also prevent the ingame history accounts from filling up with rulers spamming paintings.

But what will I do with my surplus magistrates when I can't afford buildings? :gonk:

Ok I am formally proposing an event called "Do a real day's work for a change!"

It's a provincial decision, and it costs one magistrate.

It raises the province's manpower by 1.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Dibujante posted:

Ok I am formally proposing an event called "Do a real day's work for a change!"

It's a provincial decision, and it costs one magistrate.

It raises the province's manpower by 1.

I second the proposal.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

SlothfulCobra posted:

I added some decisions to spend magistrates on censuses, city growth and land reform much like in HTTT.

Griffen
Aug 7, 2008

Wiz posted:

I added some decisions to spend magistrates on censuses, city growth and land reform much like in HTTT.

Thank you. I really liked the province decisions from HttT as it gave you something you could do to improve your realm from an administrative standpoint and not just how much money you could throw at it. Plus with buildings now needing magistrates, it forces countries to choose.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Wiz posted:

Did you tweak anything related to what advisors pop up in the general market? I'd be all about making the cultural tradition minigame less of a joke, but not if he 'available' list remains a frustrating waste of time (it's always limited to the same 2-3 types, and often crap like Navigators).

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

NihilCredo posted:

Did you tweak anything related to what advisors pop up in the general market? I'd be all about making the cultural tradition minigame less of a joke, but not if he 'available' list remains a frustrating waste of time (it's always limited to the same 2-3 types, and often crap like Navigators).

There's nothing really tweakable about that. Sometimes you'll just have to deal with crappy advisors. You can always opt to recruit advisors more often and have good 2-star ones instead of the occasional 6-star.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

This might even make the frequent "Build a manufactory in nowhere!" mission more worthwhile.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

YF-23 posted:

This might even make the frequent "Build a manufactory in nowhere!" mission more worthwhile.

I revised those, they have tighter requirements and give a base tax reward.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
Did you get rid of the stupid "Make X vote for us for Emperor!"

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

theblastizard posted:

Yep.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

theblastizard posted:

I hate those so much. And you fail them if you DOW and force-vassalize the country! :downs:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Did you do anything with the trade leader bonuses? Those always annoyed me for some reason- I kept trying to tweak them into Civilization-style resources by putting the bonus threshold at .1%.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Thing I always hate is when I open the advisors page to recruit a new one and there's a billion stability advisors. You should replace them with something that the AI/Player would actually use.

And oh man, you should really release the anti-decisions thing as a mini-mod right now, because that's one of the more useful mods for the game I've heard of.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Patter Song posted:

I hate those so much. And you fail them if you DOW and force-vassalize the country! :downs:

This reminds me, I hope Wiz has something that stops you from keeping HRE electors as permanent votes forever, as annoying as a lot of the stuff in MM was the HRE anti-vote-cheesing mechanics worked really well.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

RabidWeasel posted:

This reminds me, I hope Wiz has something that stops you from keeping HRE electors as permanent votes forever, as annoying as a lot of the stuff in MM was the HRE anti-vote-cheesing mechanics worked really well.

Two things: The AI is much better at raising relations with Electors, and vassalizing Electors causes them to lose their Electorship.

Zeron posted:

Thing I always hate is when I open the advisors page to recruit a new one and there's a billion stability advisors. You should replace them with something that the AI/Player would actually use.

And oh man, you should really release the anti-decisions thing as a mini-mod right now, because that's one of the more useful mods for the game I've heard of.

I've revised the effects of all advisors.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Wiz posted:

Two things: The AI is much better at raising relations with Electors, and vassalizing Electors causes them to lose their Electorship.

So I can no longer become a super-Austria where everyone is my vassal and nobody would even think about voting for everyone else?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Have you changed the mechanics for provinces joining/leaving the HRE?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Zeron posted:

Wait, what's wrong with Stability advisors? I'm still pretty new to EUIII, but they seemed great for a quick stability fix when things just went wrong, or if I wanted a quicker recovering after a diplo-annex.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

It's more that the recruitable adviser list will be 3 pages of stability advisers.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Kainser posted:

and in another note, have you gotten rid of the stab hit for keeping a imperial province? that pisses me off so much

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

ChaosSamusX posted:

So I can no longer become a super-Austria where everyone is my vassal and nobody would even think about voting for everyone else?

Correct.

Kainser posted:

Yes.

Cityinthesea posted:

and in another note, have you gotten rid of the stab hit for keeping a imperial province? that pisses me off so much

The stab hit is gone, but the event is still there, it gives extra badboy instead.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Does the unlawful province -ve modifier still stick around even when you later realise "Hey, I can pull HRE provinces out of the Empire to avoid that!"

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Veloxyll posted:

Does the unlawful province -ve modifier still stick around even when you later realise "Hey, I can pull HRE provinces out of the Empire to avoid that!"

You can't pull non-core provinces out of the HRE.

Anou
May 29, 2006
Hello there!

Zeron posted:

If you do something like this, could you also release a mini mod for dynamic titles of rulers?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

What happens if the player-controlled HRE manually vassalizes every state in the empire? There would be no electors left...

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
And how would you dissolve the HRE without vassalizing electors?

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

swamp izzo posted:

What happens if the player-controlled HRE manually vassalizes every state in the empire? There would be no electors left...

Then you get an option to disband the HRE, if I remember correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

theblastizard posted:

And how would you dissolve the HRE without vassalizing electors?

You can just occupy them and it sometimes fills the criteria.

• Locked thread