Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I wonder if there is anyway we can lay the ground work here for a connection between the pharmaceutical heist and the water trucks. First we frame Devries and Commissar Crazy for the heist (as above), but make it look like much more than BONE. Best if we can find a good quantity of some reagent with highly mutative properties. Can we then make it look like he is planning on contaminating the water to create more mutants for personal use or something of the sort, thereby making it necessary for us to confiscate and cleanse the entire water operation? We can drop some wack pharma on Devries & Co. in the process amplifying their deviant behavior, etc.

This has us legally take all the trucks in plain site and with logistical support for doing so. Now the army has a big water problem, but of course everyone knows a ship like the Beast has such water processing capability. We figure out how to both have the trucks and a profit stream from providing the now desperately needed water to the ground force here using the trucks we just stole.

All in all it is a good thing we stumbled across this nefarious plot and were able to foil it before it reached fruition. Sure it is a snag to have to reorganize the water process, but not nearly as bad as having this entire section incapacitated/mutated (whatever) by Devries insane plot? Why did he do it? Greed and lust for power obviously. He and the Commissar are clearly insane (backed up by drugging his entire entourage with something radical). Of course we would be willing to get this all in hand in the interim, though we are busy forwarding the war aims (while confiscating Devries entire stock and whatever entourage comes out in tact and is useful).

Too much? Too much overt attention? Not feasible? It's not far off from what caused us to have to be getting the processor in the first place so apparently at least minimally plausible.

We may need to run some interference to make sure we don't accidentally and unknowingly incriminate anyone else, such as a Devries superior or something. Might be fine to incriminate them, just not unknowingly.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

A
B x x x x x,
C
D
E x
A/B x x x

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Sogol posted:

I wonder if there is anyway we can lay the ground work here for a connection between the pharmaceutical heist and the water trucks. First we frame Devries and Commissar Crazy for the heist (as above), but make it look like much more than BONE. Best if we can find a good quantity of some reagent with highly mutative properties. Can we then make it look like he is planning on contaminating the water to create more mutants for personal use or something of the sort, thereby making it necessary for us to confiscate and cleanse the entire water operation? We can drop some wack pharma on Devries & Co. in the process amplifying their deviant behavior, etc.

This has us legally take all the trucks in plain site and with logistical support for doing so. Now the army has a big water problem, but of course everyone knows a ship like the Beast has such water processing capability. We figure out how to both have the trucks and a profit stream from providing the now desperately needed water to the ground force here using the trucks we just stole.

All in all it is a good thing we stumbled across this nefarious plot and were able to foil it before it reached fruition. Sure it is a snag to have to reorganize the water process, but not nearly as bad as having this entire section incapacitated/mutated (whatever) by Devries insane plot? Why did he do it? Greed and lust for power obviously. He and the Commissar are clearly insane (backed up by drugging his entire entourage with something radical). Of course we would be willing to get this all in hand in the interim, though we are busy forwarding the war aims (while confiscating Devries entire stock and whatever entourage comes out in tact and is useful).

Too much? Too much overt attention? Not feasible? It's not far off from what caused us to have to be getting the processor in the first place so apparently at least minimally plausible.

We may need to run some interference to make sure we don't accidentally and unknowingly incriminate anyone else, such as a Devries superior or something. Might be fine to incriminate them, just not unknowingly.

I love wheels within wheels plans. Is this feasible?

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
The worst part about this game it's waiting for the next part.

A/B

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Sogol posted:

All in all it is a good thing we stumbled across this nefarious plot and were able to foil it before it reached fruition. Sure it is a snag to have to reorganize the water process, but not nearly as bad as having this entire section incapacitated/mutated (whatever) by Devries insane plot? Why did he do it? Warp contamination from his unholy lifestyle obviously. He and the Commissar are clearly insane (backed up by drugging his entire entourage with something radical). Of course we would be willing to get this all in hand in the interim, though we are busy forwarding the war aims (while confiscating Devries entire stock and whatever entourage comes out in tact and is useful).

:agreed:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Lazaruise posted:

The worst part about this game it's waiting for the next part.

A/B

No joke, I refresh the thread about a hundred times each day as I count the votes.

A
B x x x x x,
C
D
E x x x
A/B x x x x

Looks like we're heading for sleep/servitors/wheels within wheels. I have a friend coming over, so I dunno when Ill post, but Ill start on the outline.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Combine Plan Lanky Tree and Plan Sogol.
As a Rogue Trader, it is our duty to profit at every opportunity.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Ah, but I knew you knew I knew

People really had no idea what being a Tech-Priest was like. Oh, the lay-people, the ones never initiated into the Mysteries, they might ascribe some mystical power to you, but they could never really know. What you were doing now, the multiple levels of hacks across half a dozen mediums, was beyond their comprehension. It would be like having a conversation in a second language while composing a symphony with your feet and changing a jet plane to a helicopter. And the plane is in flight.

The Machine-Spirits sang to you, and you sang with them.

Simultaneously, and seemingly without effort, you warped the orders of servitors, embedded deep programming, rewrote camera feeds, literally reprogrammed the mind of an Electro-Priest. The combat servitors paused, a foot in the air, and then resumed their walking, no differences apparent.

What had actually happened, though, was a radical deviation to their Identify Friend or Foe models, as well as the heuristics they used for patrol and combat. You could see the utility in using a probability based model for their patrols - enemies are more likely to use entrances, and so on. The more complicated weave, and the one you implemented, stacked the visual feeds into the servitors. Now they could see through all the cameras, as well as their own eyes, and their patrols could be adjusted accordingly.

You did keep some of the weighted programming, though. You just prioritized it to keeping you safe.

The sleeper agents were more vicious. After you left, the combat servitors would regard Devries, Snake, and Vulture as their foremost enemies. They would approach them in a normal subdued manner, and then violently attack them as soon as a kill would seem certain. You thought it unlikely a typical person would survive such an assault, and you left no trace of the change.

Parallel to this, you began a deep modify to the visual feeds of the internal, external, and cybernetic cameras. Sadly, you didn’t have the time to write in an entirely new feed - that would take a certain amount of artistry and preparation you didn’t have. However, you could (and did) leave certain suspicious markers - feeds that would suffer static, or show obvious loops. A surface scan would say it was just wear and tear, but any analysis of any skill would show tampering.

And, not to brag, but it would take an extremely skilled Tech-Priest to see your handiwork. Your algorithms were backed by the Magos, after all, and they could make a Machine-Spirit sit up and beg.

Additional tendrils of will reached out to the Electro-Priest, shut him down. He was in a near coma, and would stay that way until the sun came up. You reached into his electronic brain, copied everything worth noting. Records of imports/exports, internal maps of the building, chemical mixes. The poor dear apparently felt it necessary to augment his knowledge of pharmaceuticals, and now you had access to all of it.

Looking about, you checked to see if he knew anything of Devries, but it appeared he kept ‘people skills’ in the wetware. You lacked the ability to hack that, particularly through the ether, but you knew it could be done. You made a note to yourself - being able to hack organics would be a lovely thing indeed.

You did run rampant through his recordkeeping though. Devries suddenly had a long and varied history of strange and mutagenic orders, things that seemed innocent and reasonable on the surface, but could be combined for the most vile of heretek. Mutant boosts, augments, creation of monsters, devaluation of the human form. Such things were the purview of the Magos Biologis alone, and even then, such experiments would be looked at askance.

And with that, you finally entered the storeroom in person.

Rows and rows of chemicals, mixers, battle drugs, medical goods, pharmaceuticals. You flipped through the Electro Priest’s brain, looking for things that might be useful or suspicious. The more interesting things you pocked for yourself. Opening the faux skin that normally contained your mechadendrites, you carefully slotted them in (after ensuring breakage was impossible). Someone who knew about your skin could find them easily enough, but a visual inspection would find nothing.

Finding the canisters of BONE, you quickly laced them with a toxic brew. Battle drugs, uppers, hallucinogens, intelligence debasers. It would turn a semi-smart Ogryn into a hallucinating feral bestial giant Ogryn. The idea gave you a chuckle, and you wondered who Devries planned to sell it to. Or if he was doing it for his own retinue. Either way, the results would amuse.

Resecuring the canisters, you adjusted their Machine-Spirits. They never remembered being opened, and still displayed a pure mixture. You also told them to regularly send you an ‘alls well’ on your private channel, and to signal you when they opened. With an additional hack, they also sent pings up to the Beast, giving you a rough triangulated coordinate.

Hmm… anything else to make it look incriminating?

You reached out an arm, swept rows of bottles onto the floor, as if in a frenzied search. You also took out the butt of your pistol, hit the Electro-Priest with it. He would show bruising, a deep headache. Maybe a concussion. All in all, the evidence all supported a midnight robbery, and Devries had the history of odd purchases. It would look quite problematic for him.

Whistling to yourself, you strolled out of the warehouse. You did maintain the appearance of dodging the servitors as the truck rolled up, but in reality they were nearby and on call. It was a comforting thing, to know that there was a quad of combat servitors ready to annihilate a few corrupt IG if you needed them to.

The half dozen soldiers inside were watching you warily, autoguns at the ready. You smiled amiably at them, and they checked the BONE canisters for tampering. At their nod, the truck started its drive, and you stared at each other in silence. You could feel the servitors distancing and soon vanishing from your mind, and then you were truly alone.

The sun was coming up by the time they dropped you off at Devries’. A bullgryn ‘encouraged’ you to walk with her. As you worked your way to Devries' table, you watched the canisters be brought around back and out of sight. Briefly, you wondered when Devries slept - he was sitting at his table as if no time had passed. You would have speculated stimulants, but he had been using downers ever since you saw him.

Quite a mystery.

Snake and Vulture were chuckling when you arrived, with knowing smiles. The bullgryn forcibly sat you down, and Devries pushed a folder at you. You opened it, flipped through it, even as he narrated the contents. It was a full dossier on Amacita - pictures, timelines, maps. “Amacita. Went to school at the Schola Progenium on Sepheris Secundus in the Calixis Sector. Graduated with honors. Apprenticed to the Seneschal of the Beast. Now Quartermaster relating to the war on Golgotha.” You met his eyes, raised an eyebrow. He pushed another folder.

Pictures, timestamps. You recognized the viewpoint - cameras in the warehouse you had left, not networked to the feeds you had hacked. Pictures of you mixing battle drugs. Pictures of stealing dozens of highly controlled substances. Assaulting an Electro-Priest. Tampering with mutagenic materials.

You had to admire his thoroughness, and the speed at which he had worked. He had only met you a few hours ago, and already had a dossier on the name you had given him - and if you were actually Amacita, this would have been an overwhelming amount of blackmail. You got the feeling he had done this before. It had the feel of long practice.

His smile was ugly. “Stealing from the Mechanicus? Desecrating their sacred rituals? Do you know what they do to people like you?” He paused, savoring it. “Full processing. Ever seen it? I have. They break down your organs while you are alive.” Vulture began laughing then. Perhaps sycophantically, perhaps not. Devries continued.

“You may think being on a Rogue Trader ship you are immune to Imperial Law. Understand this: your Lord-Sire will cheerfully abandon you to keep on the good side of the Mechanicus.” His expression was triumphant. “You work for me now.”

It really was an elegant trap. It really was too bad that Devries has the wrong person.

What do you do?
A. Laugh maniacally. He’s in way, way, way over his head.
B. Continue to play along. You’ve left several traps, and they should snap onto him in the next few hours. Maybe add a few, like finding a military tribunal.
C. Well, the evidence does suggest Amacita stole from the Mechanicus. You should play off that angle (how?)
D. Well, that was fun. Go back to your HQ, grab a couple of battalions, and attack this dump for stealing from the Mechanicus. Seize the water trucks, write them off as destroyed, etc
E. Something else

This is what happens when you roll 00 on programming :D

And of course, props to Sogol for correctly predicting Devries’ plan
:D

Loel fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 17, 2016

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
B gently caress it, in for a penny...

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A

It's the appropriate time, I think.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A

<insert short, brutal explanation of just how hosed he is>

You may think being in a warzone you are immune to Imperial Law. Understand this: your general will cheerfully abandon you to keep on the good side of the Mechanicus. You work for me now.

e: It would be much smarter to go with B, but I think Ohone needs a maniacal laugh or two, it does wonders for getting rid of work-related stress

my dad fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 31, 2015

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
B I think, but we need to make sure that we are ready to seize the trucks when all hell breaks loose, while at the same time not getting bitten by the mad Ogryn et al of our creation. If we do this at all right we can seize and repurpose his entire operation.

Oh... Complain like a noble. Sweat. Curse him a little bit. Maybe end up shaking and crying a tad, obviously defeated before we remove ourselves to a safe distance. What's the point of having all this fancy meat costume without a bit of drama?

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

my dad posted:

A

<insert short, brutal explanation of just how hosed he is>

You may think being in a warzone you are immune to Imperial Law. Understand this: your general will cheerfully abandon you to keep on the good side of the Mechanicus. You work for me now.

e: It would be much smarter to go with B, but I think Ohone needs a maniacal laugh or two, it does wonders for getting rid of work-related stress

Yessssssssss.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
If we explain now doesn't it defeat the purpose of having sabotaged all the BONE? Then evidence trail is useful still, but how does the sabotaged pharma work if we go into monologue gloat mode now?

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
D

I'm really getting tired of this guy. Let's get rid of him.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
B

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Sogol posted:

If we explain now doesn't it defeat the purpose of having sabotaged all the BONE? Then evidence trail is useful still, but how does the sabotaged pharma work if we go into monologue gloat mode now?

Fucks with whoever illicitly bought it! Also we don't let him in on that part, obviously. Unless we're sure he already sold it. Then he'll know he just hosed his customer big time.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
B

I want to watch his world fall apart. I despise this character (good job designing him dude) and can't wait to see his face when all his power collapsed around him.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Deadmeat5150 posted:

B

I want to watch his world fall apart. I despise this character (good job designing him dude) and can't wait to see his face when all his power collapsed around him.

Thank you! :dance: Im excited to see if he's as good as he thinks he is. He's set a trap for a cat and found a bear. :D

A x x x
B x x x x
C
D x
E

Vote is still intriguingly close

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
B It's a good plan let's see it through to the end.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I think B suits the character. More subtle.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009
B. A has the chance of coming into conflict with several well-armed henchmen when we don't have backup right outside.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
We are defeated. Outwitted. Crushed.

::tick-tick-tick::

The Trucks. It's about the trucks.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

B. snare him further to make his fall even more exquisite.

When he prostates before us begging for an ounce of mercy, then we laugh maniacally.

E: also holy poo poo we are far more evil than the demon in the evil overlord CYOA

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

While B might be more smart at this time, I really want to see him crash and burn now. D.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

paragon1 posted:

Fucks with whoever illicitly bought it! Also we don't let him in on that part, obviously. Unless we're sure he already sold it. Then he'll know he just hosed his customer big time.

quote:

Pictures, timestamps. You recognized the viewpoint - cameras in the warehouse you had left, not networked to the feeds you had hacked. Pictures of you mixing battle drugs. Pictures of stealing dozens of highly controlled substances. Assaulting an Electro-Priest. Tampering with mutagenic materials.

So, LowellDND, does that include pictures of us tampering with the BONE?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
B. I don't want us to reveal ourselves until he says the exact words "How could this have happened?!"

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Volmarias posted:

So, LowellDND, does that include pictures of us tampering with the BONE?

Yes, it does. Everything he saw you (physically) do in the office, he has photos of.

However, that doesn't include all the wireless hacking you did, nor does he know what the tampering was (unless he has a chemist on staff)

As for what a crime lord does with hallucinating amped up ogres... -shrugs-

Plan: Sneaky Git is well in the lead

A x x x
B x x x x x, x x x x
C
D x x
E

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

B

B, This. Telling him would just be throwing it all away out of pride. He seems to be the sort of man that believes he can control anything so long as he still has options or contingencies. Most likely in this case he'd resort to bargaining. If that failed, attempted kidnapping or murder are the runners-up. All of which would deny us the schadenfreude of watching him lose everything. We've clearly established that Ohone is ambitious and bold, but going from our treatment of the luddite cult I'd say she's also vengeful.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

B

Please update soon I want to see what happens

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Done and done! It's short, but I think we all wanted to see what happens next :D

Plan: Sneaky Git

Controlling your autonomic responses, you forced your heart rate to slow. Your blue skin went pale, the surface of it feeling tight and clammy. You licked your lips, feigning anxiety, and you could feel the abhumans relax as they saw you weren’t a threat. Devries smiled benevolently, knowing your response already. Your forced a stop in your voice, as if from emotion.

“Then… then I will obey.”
He sat back in his chair, utterly at ease. Pleased with himself.
“You will find I am a fair master, Amacita. Not kind,” the mutants chuckled at that, “but fair.”
“Thank you…” you paused, as if trying out the word, finding it uncomfortable, “master.”
He basked in it for a bit, then drummed his fingers on the table. “Enough of feeding my ego. We need to get to work.”

“Work? What are we doing?”
We” he emphasized the word, “are leaving. Business is getting a little hot here, and I have no business being so close to a war zone. I’ve sent a few fairwell presents out to close some loose ends - nice job with the BONE, by the way - do they teach all the schola such chymistry, or is that just your hobby …? No matter. We can expect to see some feral bullgryn on the morrow, and I’d rather be offworld by then.”
“Offworld?”
Devries looked at you like you were stupid. “By the God-Emperor, woman. Yes, off-world. On the Beast. Of which you are the quartermaster, and can get us board without question. I was starting to think you were some kind of genius, but you seem to simply be an idiot savant.” Contempt laced his words.
You tried not to look hurt, and the scorn in their eyes increased.

“Yes master. I will prepare the papers.”
‘Good. Have loading papers and rooms ready for a company of Imperial Guard. Don’t worry about my end,” he chuckled “Our orders will be impeccable. Assigned to the Beast, forgot to list the duration or next post. Happens all the time.”
He drummed his fingers again thoughtfully. “We should have everything done by … first sun-down, I think.” Snake nodded at him, and he continued. “Right, first sun-down. Have everything ready by then.” He stared at you, eyes glacial once again. “Don’t screw this up. The Administratum is on my side, the Mechanicus will not be on yours.”

What do you do?

A. There is a God-Emperor and He is good. Send a note to the Magos that the last of the shipment will arrive at first sun-down. It will resolve itself from there.
B. You need to take care of this personally. Call Captain Astri of the Grey Guards and have her prepare a welcoming committee.
C. Extra personally. Place watchers on the unit to make sure they are leaving, and go up in the afternoon. Get the Tribes ready to seize the whole cargo.
D . . . also, drop some sleeper code in the docking bay. If you have to, it’ll vent them into space. You can collect the trucks as space debris with no fuss at all.
E. Something Else.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
D

Let us be ruthless.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Hahahahahaha.

D. Tell our Tribes contact that we will reward them if they bring us De Vries alive. I want to see the look in his eyes.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

JT Jag posted:

Hahahahahaha.

D. Tell our Tribes contact that we will reward them if they bring us De Vries alive. I want to see the look in his eyes.

Alive but you can cut off his hands and feet. Wouldn't want him getting away.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Alive but you can cut off his hands and feet. Wouldn't want him getting away.
Well, yeah, let them have their fun. Alive and with all his senses is all I'd ask for. So he can understand in every single way who is responsible for his downfall.

poo poo, even if they cut out his eyes and stuff as long as he's still breathing he's got a memory implant, we could hack it and gloat to him through that so I won't ask for too much.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Can we turn him into a servitor?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Sogol posted:

We're gonna full process him if he lives through the ambush, it's no question, LowellDND shouldn't even put it up to vote. He should only have us vote on how, precisely, we gloat to him.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Sogol posted:

Wrong question, it's "What type of servitor are we going to turn him into?"

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."