Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Dead Reckoning posted:

No, no, no; the question was whether it demonstrated the deficiency, savagery, and fetishistic worship of power & violence inherent in the Yankee soul.

That's LockMart (previously it was sponsored by Bell Helicopter)

The Air Force Academy is 1-4 in the Armed Forces bowl, having lost twice to U.C. Berkeley.

Make that two:

This game is literally played at the naval academy outside DC.

(It was a fun place for a bowl game when I went a couple years ago A+++ would recommend)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

A bowl game put on by a company with a proven track record of buying everything and everyone? That does sound like it would own tbh

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Dead Reckoning posted:

No, no, no; the question was whether it demonstrated the deficiency, savagery, and fetishistic worship of power & violence inherent in the Yankee soul.

That's LockMart (previously it was sponsored by Bell Helicopter)

The Air Force Academy is 1-4 in the Armed Forces bowl, having lost twice to U.C. Berkeley.

I was at one of the AF-Houston games, but I can't remember which one. It was a good game, though.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

drat that thing rules.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

mlmp08 posted:

drat that thing rules.

I always wondered whether the F-104's design was a measurement mixup, like the original plans had the wingspan in inches and someone accidentally converted it to cm, and it was too late to back out by the time anyone noticed

brains
May 12, 2004

"with enough thrust, anything will fly"

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Godholio posted:

I was at one of the AF-Houston games, but I can't remember which one. It was a good game, though.

That must have been one of the years we had a QB capable of passing.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Well, the service academies are at a distinct disadvantage in the modern day. In decades past they had an advantage because their players were in great shape. Nowadays that's not enough, a successful player needs years of specialized training and experience. And those guys aren't going to sign up for the service academy experience plus 4+ years of military service. They want to be college-town celebrities drowning in alcohol and pussy for four years, then sign up for NFL dollars.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Godholio posted:

Well, the service academies are at a distinct disadvantage in the modern day. In decades past they had an advantage because their players were in great shape. Nowadays that's not enough, a successful player needs years of specialized training and experience. And those guys aren't going to sign up for the service academy experience plus 4+ years of military service. They want to be college-town celebrities drowning in alcohol and pussy for four years, then sign up for NFL dollars.

That and weight restrictions have to handicap them.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

There's some kind of waiver process for weight, they get a certain amount of time after graduation to get within the normal standards (a couple of years at least). They might have their own limits, I'm not sure, but they're not restricted to the usual height/weight charts.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
So which one of you weirdos is this?

Long story short, dude reviews the old movies where the Cold War went hot. Kinda creepy, very low rent, sometimes funny I think. Kinda worth a watch knowing that at least there's one more person besides us that are goofy over poo poo like this.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So hey, the ad everyone got their panties all twisted over aired at the first fourth quarter commercial break, with the repeats.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

VikingSkull posted:

Long story short, dude reviews the old movies where the Cold War went hot. Kinda creepy, very low rent, sometimes funny I think. Kinda worth a watch knowing that at least there's one more person besides us that are goofy over poo poo like this.

Good to see that Dr. Sbaitsois keeping busy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So hey, the ad everyone got their panties all twisted over aired at the first fourth quarter commercial break, with the repeats.

I didn't even notice it :lol:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

What one was that?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Was it the Mountain Dew one? Because that one just straight up creeped me out.

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up
That was the only remotely funny ad I saw all game. PUPPYMONKEYBABY

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

VikingSkull posted:

I got all excitable thinking I could use this to find new stuff to watch but I have seen all the ones he has done so far :argh:

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde

brains posted:

"like a brick"

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

brains posted:

But enough about kerbal space program

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde
Bore signting a gun?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Godholio posted:

What one was that?

The Northrop-Grumman one with the 6th Generation fighter.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Don't worry though, the game was over before the commercial anyway.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
Merging F-35 weapons bay chat with dronechat: F-35s and Raptors scouting for older bomb trucks.
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/02/dod-aims-to-back-up-underarmed-fighters-with-networked-arsenal-planes/

Rodrigo Diaz
Apr 16, 2007

Knights who are at the wars eat their bread in sorrow;
their ease is weariness and sweat;
they have one good day after many bad
Well, there goes a KSA M1A2.

Inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL0iK2h5IuM

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Rodrigo Diaz posted:

Whoever put that text over the tank deserves a drone strike.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Any idea on what caused it? watching it on slow and it just seems to kerplode from the inside out

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rodrigo Diaz posted:

Gotta love those blowout panels.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

Any idea on what caused it? watching it on slow and it just seems to kerplode from the inside out

Maybe a fire in the ammo storage finally cooking off? I'd have expected them to go in sequence if that were the case though.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

hogmartin posted:

Merging F-35 weapons bay chat with dronechat: F-35s and Raptors scouting for older bomb trucks.
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/02/dod-aims-to-back-up-underarmed-fighters-with-networked-arsenal-planes/

We talked about this in the thread before, although more about F-15s or F-18s doing it instead of B-52s and such. It's honestly seems like a very logical step, especially if they keep extending the range of the AMRAAM or whatever comes after.

It's also in the same vein of where I think drones will really affect air-to-air combat; not as shooters, but as sensors.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 8, 2016

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Are tethered RPV's a thing for submarine warfare yet?

You know aside from the wire guided torpedo

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
People who write "B1-B" should get cancer and die, but that's just my opinion...

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Groda posted:

People who write "B1-B" should get cancer and die, but that's just my opinion...

It should be B-1R, right?

Were they banking on unanimous support from everyone short of general with that designation?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Groda posted:

BONE?

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde

Rodrigo Diaz posted:

And Saudi is sending troops to Syria
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6ea_1454966815

Alaan
May 24, 2005

It's a party in Syria and everyone is invited.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde
Iran has been building an RC airplane that is on par with a few of it's neighbors, which isn't saying much
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=19e_1454925075

I uses a "Sadid-1" missile which appears to me to just be some sort of anti tank missile removed from a tube and put on a wing.

edit: lol note the GPS is in Syria where Iran is totally not air striking.

B4Ctom1 fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 9, 2016

brains
May 12, 2004

B4Ctom1 posted:

"like a brick"

too much parasitic drag? sounds like you need more thrust.

drzrma
Dec 29, 2008

brains posted:

too much parasitic drag? sounds like you need more thrust.

The thing that makes this so great for me is it goes all the way back to the Wright brothers. It may be apocryphal, but their response to a question in one of their meetings with the Army was something along the lines of "Give us an engine with enough power and we can make a kitchen table fly."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

drzrma posted:

The thing that makes this so great for me is it goes all the way back to the Wright brothers. It may be apocryphal, but their response to a question in one of their meetings with the Army was something along the lines of "Give us an engine with enough power and we can make a kitchen table fly."

They knew what they were talking about. Not to dismiss Orville and Wilbur’s achievements in crafting the airframe, but it’s not a coincidence that heavier‐than‐air flight took off when it did.

People had been experimenting with gliders for years. The Wrights were the first mate a sufficiently powerful engine to a sufficiently light craft.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Feb 9, 2016