Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Scarfs own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

cjs: holy poo poo i got the job - no more web dev, systems admin :3:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

im going to ll bean's flagship store in freeport this sunday, need to get a new winter coat. none of this bullshit garbage-bag-looking ultralight-down crap, gonna get me a proper parka

ATTN: shaggar
what are some good places for lunch in freeport?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Vintersorg posted:

hell yeah

SO DEMANDING posted:

im going to ll bean's flagship store in freeport this sunday, need to get a new winter coat. none of this bullshit garbage-bag-looking ultralight-down crap, gonna get me a proper parka

ATTN: shaggar
what are some good places for lunch in freeport?

hell yeah

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Vintersorg posted:

noice

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
packing up 2 leave. adios job you were cool and good but i found some place that i hope will be better.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I would suggest the Baxter State Parka, Maine Wardens Jacket, or the commuter jacket.

Also park in the parking garage or the spots around the parking garage. The garage is free and you can avoid all the headaches of main street by going there. If you're coming from the south (which u probably are) get off 295 at the first Freeport exit, head up to town, and when you get to the first light after the fire station take a right and follow the signs to the garage. Don't try to park behind beans cause theres never spots and the traffic is abysmal.

As for food idk theres lots of stuff. I don't usually eat around there. The Freeport chowder house has some good chowder imo. Theres grittys which is a brew pub if u want some local beer.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shaggar posted:

I would suggest the Baxter State Parka, Maine Wardens Jacket, or the commuter jacket.

Also park in the parking garage or the spots around the parking garage. The garage is free and you can avoid all the headaches of main street by going there. If you're coming from the south (which u probably are) get off 295 at the first Freeport exit, head up to town, and when you get to the first light after the fire station take a right and follow the signs to the garage. Don't try to park behind beans cause theres never spots and the traffic is abysmal.

As for food idk theres lots of stuff. I don't usually eat around there. The Freeport chowder house has some good chowder imo. Theres grittys which is a brew pub if u want some local beer.

i can confirm gritty's is good beer

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Vintersorg posted:

Congratulations! Let's hope this spooktacular month of October shocks everyone with new jobs

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if it was summer I'd say go w/ the rest of the tourists to harraseeket lunch + lobster which is down on the ocean

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Shaggar posted:

if it was summer I'd say go w/ the rest of the tourists to harraseeket lunch + lobster which is down on the ocean

Don't don't touristy things

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Vintersorg posted:

:yotj:

one of us! one of us!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

keyboard vomit posted:

Don't don't touristy things

if it's popular, it's bad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the harraseeket inn had good chowder too last time I was there.

harraseeket lunch and lobster is legit and its where I go to buy my live lobsters + steamers

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Elder Postsman posted:

i still have a whole bunch of green tomatoes on my tomato plants :negative:

same

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bhodi posted:

:yotj:

one of us! one of us!

any things i should pick up to help out? ill be shadowing and learning as i go but anything that helps is a plus

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

carry on then posted:

if it's popular, it's bad

It's probably overpriced and crowded

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I was not a fan of grittys chowder.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Vintersorg posted:

any things i should pick up to help out? ill be shadowing and learning as i go but anything that helps is a plus
hard to say until you get stuck in. a lot of it is going to be work-specific to what os/hardware/software/processes that the company is using. :justpost: questions though

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shaggar posted:

the harraseeket inn had good chowder too last time I was there.

harraseeket lunch and lobster is legit and its where I go to buy my live lobsters + steamers

i leave my steamers in this thread most of the time

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

didn't you only find this job 3 days ago? seems like an awfully fast process

either way, grats dude!

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Migishu posted:

either way, grats dude!

I've gone to an interview and gotten an offer letter on the same day

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Migishu posted:

either way, grats dude!

yeah, they said they'd call/email in a week or so but they already contacted my references last night

a bit of me feels bad because im working now and a friend who is out of work who knows this stuff a little more interviewed as well but he said he didnt get good vibes - so hes still outta work but gotta look out for me first realistically

afaik its a windows environment but no specifics on software being used - but ill post when im banging my head

aaaaaah, its exciting

i was being poo poo on at my current job, only making 37.5 and this is starting at 53,5 and moves up to 70 - so i can actually save now

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
look forward to your postings in the ticket thread

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

got a bunch of cucumbers and zucchini out there but at least they're good to eat now.

also like a dozen little green pumpkins ranging from about golf ball to softball size :negative:

and 4 foot tall kale plants. those'll be fine though.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Vintersorg posted:

i was being poo poo on at my current job, only making 37.5 and this is starting at 53,5 and moves up to 70 - so i can actually save now

lol

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
cjs: interview today

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Tayter Swift posted:

:woop:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

i loving hope this GBP

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

or hourly

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bloody posted:

or hourly

the mixed separators are confusing

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

it's at the same place, in the same office but a different immediate boss. in principle I wouldn't even have to move cubicles. same pay but muuuuuuuuuuch less stress and micromanagement

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

ArmZ posted:

the mixed separators are confusing

canadians :rolleye:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Roosevelt posted:

prepare 2 get rekt great lakes havers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsht1YvLmH8&t=20s

so glad i left that poo poo state

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:canada:

im not rich like some of you guys but its a better start :unsmith:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

:canada:

im not rich like some of you guys but its a better start :unsmith:

if you meant $37,500/year that's definitely enough to "start saving". it sucks but i did it when i was paid $28,000/year, the trick is to split your direct deposit into two different accounts or banks, so you don't even get that money to spend

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

i leave my steamers in this thread most of the time

hey capt foo. I'm drinking a beer at Matt murphies. :cheers:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i basically lived like a maniac and bought everything up in sight plus going out and drinking all the time with friends

i was dumb and still sorta am - but ive severely put the brakes on that and now with this i can really put away, its a poo poo lesson and yeah, i should have done this years ago :) but cost of living with gas, rent, car payments, gym and the cell adds up quickly

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tayter Swift posted:

for a new job? gl!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
hey wheezy, ala midwinter is in Boston this year. if you come I'll take you and bad sneakers to the aquarium or the museum of science

• Locked thread