Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Cyberpunk Titties 2: Resurrection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Dammnit I missed NWN didn't I :(

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Holding out for the older Ultima games to show up.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

is aquanox 2 any good (or aquanox 1 for that matter, when/if it reappears?)

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

BKPR posted:

Only titles up till now are VII and Underworld 1+2.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
I picked up 4+5+6, 7, and Ultima Underworld 1+2 in the last bundle sale.

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

BKPR posted:

I would just buy the whole series at once and get the discount for that. It's worth it.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Well there was something for free. It flashed for about a second, but I think there were only 7 or so free copies (of whatever it was), so that's a lost battle.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

It's not looking good for M&M 6-pack or Thief 2 anymore does it

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Might and Magic 6-pack was the free thing. I didn't get it.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

There's gotta be a bunch of bots loaded up just smashing that button whenever there's a giveaway.

I barely get enough time to read the word "FREE" before it disappears in front of me.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
They really need to add a disappointment ticker that shows whatever awesome deal just slipped through your fingers.

TheMopeSquad fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 14, 2013

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

TheMopeSquad posted:

They really need to add a disappointment ticker that shows whatever awesome deal you just slipped through your fingers.

you are an evil, evil man. I like it.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I do believe this is the cheapest AOW:Shadow Magic has been on any digital service so far. Never seems to drop below 50% usually.

pvax fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 14, 2013

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
I can't believe this is still going on. I assumed an 'insomnia sale' would go on for the night and then stop, but I'm up the same time as I was yesterday morning and it's still trucking. Though I was sort of semi-expecting to wake up stuck on 80 Jack Keane 2's :v:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

double nine posted:

is aquanox 2 any good (or aquanox 1 for that matter, when/if it reappears?)

Yes. They're basically underwater FPS and sequels to the amazing Archimedean Dynasty/Schleichfahrt, which was an underwater space-sim.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Tarquinn posted:

Yes. They're basically underwater FPS and sequels to the amazing Archimedean Dynasty/Schleichfahrt, which was an underwater space-sim.

thanks. I erred on the side of caution and didn't purchase it, but if it reappears I will buy them. On that note: shadow magic is a wonderful turn-based fantasy strategy game and if you're at all interested in the genre you should buy it.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Is the Tales of Monkey Island worth a look at the current price?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I think the way this is set up is that the flash app calls back to the GOG server to see how many are left on a timer. So the free stuff is largely if your timer is synched to the game change. It's also why when you load the page if goes from the max and counts down to how many are left.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
Is this the first time they've done a sale like this? I'm hoping that they do a post-mortem when it's all done and work on finding ways to make it less bot-friendly next time. I say these even if I realize it's just an arms race against people with too much spare time.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

quote:

Wield the power of the Inquisition as you arrest heretics; use a variety of tools-such as the iron maiden, suspension, and the rack-to extract confessions and burn the heretics!
Whoa...

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I've heard it doesn't live up to the promise

Extras with the game include a ton of stuff like a novel

frowning
Aug 10, 2005

The Dire and Ever Circling Wolves

Jonny Nox posted:

I think the way this is set up is that the flash app calls back to the GOG server to see how many are left on a timer. So the free stuff is largely if your timer is synched to the game change. It's also why when you load the page if goes from the max and counts down to how many are left.

This is really interesting but I don't understand... are you saying that people purchasing the game are not affecting the countdown? I have wondered how it works.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I kind of expect Inquisitor to be like the torture game that Lowtax & Shmorky played.
"No, not my leg!"

The thing about the timer is that it's going to bring different results for different people. It appears to check in every second (not Flash, but Javascript), so it may be that your update is occurring when mine is in the middle of its wait period. Whatever the latest data is still coming back from the server (and it grabs the game & numbers left, as far as I can guess, since it's called 'getcurrentoffer').

Kangra fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 14, 2013

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

According to the reviews it's a poor Diablo clone.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/reviews/109533-inquisitor-review.html

fake edit: I just realised the futility in posting this.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Inquisitor: where the person behind the keyboard is the heretic and you get tortured by giant walls of text.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
It looks like a Diablo-clone where you're arresting/killing heretics, but you're using magic? :pwn:

E: Surely nobody doesn't know about Leisure Suit Larry. I expect there will be no hurry to keep up with this one.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
People are... buying leisure suit larry: reloaded for eight dollars.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Depths posted:

People are... buying leisure suit larry: reloaded for eight dollars.

I'm one of them. I wasn't gonna buy it for $20, but $8 is a great price.

Edit: At least I think I bought it. I went to the order page, completed the details, and then was sent to a blank page...

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

frowning posted:

This is really interesting but I don't understand... are you saying that people purchasing the game are not affecting the countdown? I have wondered how it works.

No it's more like every 100ms your computer calls up GOG and says: "Yo! How many left?" and then counts your display down to that number. It's still a representation of how many are left, just not as real time (meaning 0 latency, and also impossible over the internet) as you are led to believe.

Also if there's a free game, you're computer gets the game and number of copies but by the time it asks how many are left, it's on the next game.

Your own latency is going to affect this a lot though.

These are also all just guesses.

LSL remake is poo poo, who's paying $8 for this?

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

drat .. a self imposed twenty dollar budget has lasted a LONG time in this sale. It's my way of celebrating the fact that I had to cancel any next gen pre-orders.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Jamesman posted:

I'm one of them. I wasn't gonna buy it for $20, but $8 is a great price.

It's LSL with slightly upgraded graphics and 90% of the NPCs replaced with Kickstarter backers, how is $8 a great price.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Jonny Nox posted:

LSL remake is poo poo, who's paying $8 for this?

YOU are poo poo. YOU. :mad:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

It's LSL with slightly upgraded graphics and 90% of the NPCs replaced with Kickstarter backers, how is $8 a great price.

Also, you can't kick a drunk guy in the crotch by walking into him.

Jamesman posted:

YOU are poo poo. YOU. :mad:

Can't argue with that.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Soul Reaver is the good 3D LoK, right? Its been a while since I've played them.

Bolocko
Oct 19, 2007

Played it on Dreamcast, was quite fond. But it's the only LoK I've played.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Because it's not $20. :/

I believe I will get $8's worth out of the game.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Yes, LoK it's the best one. I got it after Texas expired. The other ones weren't that bad, but not as good as this one.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

it's pretty good, obviously dated graphics and the game ends on a cliffhanger. Also has a lot of box puzzles. The cliffhanger is not going to make much sense if you haven't played blood omen 1...

Pretty well-done box dragging puzzles, but nevertheless...

Combat's cool though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

All the Soul Reaver games are good except Blood Omen 2.