Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Did Geneforge ever pop back up in round 2? I never saw it and I know someone was asking about it earlier in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

pvax posted:

Did Geneforge ever pop back up in round 2? I never saw it and I know someone was asking about it earlier in the thread.

Yes it did. It was before the question was asked.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

The only way to end this sale in style is with 1000 free copies of Jack Keane sitting there for hours on end.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Myron posted:

The only way to end this sale in style is with 1000 free copies of Jack Keane sitting there for hours on end.

I'd be for it only knowing there are a bunch of unfortunate people out there who bought the game specifically to get the sale moving forward, and now other people are getting free copies.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Will Jack Keane be the new Bad Rats? You decide!

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

Myron posted:

The only way to end this sale in style is with 1000 free copies of Jack Keane sitting there FOREVER
fixed

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
I agree. Who says the sale ever has to end? Just move it to something like gog.com/lightningsale and let it forever try to sell Jack Keene at the discount price. Try and fail.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Although truth be told I'm surprised at the snail pace that rise of the triads is moving at. I'm interested in the title. 7.5$ is a little too much for that kind of game, but still. Is there something about the game I don't know about?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I was just checking my game library and I apparently got Torchlight somehow. Maybe a free click worked? Was Torchlight up for free? I know I didn't buy it.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

double nine posted:

Although truth be told I'm surprised at the snail pace that rise of the triads is moving at. I'm interested in the title. 7.5$ is a little too much for that kind of game, but still. Is there something about the game I don't know about?

Isn't it not the original ROTT? I heard the newer version is pretty bad.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Torchlight was indeed free for a limited time at one point

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Brightman posted:

I was just checking my game library and I apparently got Torchlight somehow. Maybe a free click worked? Was Torchlight up for free? I know I didn't buy it.

It was free a while back. When I click on it, it says I purchased it Jun 18 2013.

Thanks for reminding me of this. I don't see myself parting with my physical copy of the Enhanced Edition, but it's still nice.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 14, 2013

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
The new Rise of the Triad is an amazing game and you should buy 100 copies immediately.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner

double nine posted:

I enjoyed it, but it was janky as all sorts on release and had platforming parts a lot of people hated. Apparently they've patched in quicksave now, I've not retried it yet.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Brightman posted:

They had free torchlight to celebrate some anniversary or milestone earlier this year, you might have grabbed it from that.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Genpei Turtle posted:

Isn't it not the original ROTT? I heard the newer version is pretty bad.

It's the newer version as far as I can see. I'd also be shocked if they sold a 20 year old game for 15$.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I mentioned it before, but I had fun with Rise of the Triad, janky bugs and all. I wish more FPS games these days tried that old school "move stupidly fast and shoot everything, occasionally find a keycard" gameplay, as I'm tired of cover shooters and hallways filled with scripted events.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

TheMopeSquad posted:

The new Rise of the Triad is an amazing game and you should buy 100 copies immediately.

We'll still have 62 copies sitting there for the rest of the night.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Yeah, it was a bit janky on launch, but got patched up pretty quickly, and the devs worked pretty closely with the community on the fixes and changes. But since its an indie game that can't afford multi-million dollar marketing campaigns it got panned in reviews whereas the PC version of BF4 is sitting on an 83 Metacritic despite huge amounts of people still not being able to play period.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Mierenneuker posted:

It was free a while back. When I click on it, it says I purchased it Jun 18 2013.

Thanks for reminding me of this. I don't see myself parting with my physical copy of the Enhanced Edition, but it's still nice.

Oh, yeah mine says that too, missed the date being listed.

Jonny Nox posted:

They had free torchlight to celebrate some anniversary or milestone earlier this year, you might have grabbed it from that.

:ms:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Yeah, it was a bit janky on launch, but got patched up pretty quickly, and the devs worked pretty closely with the community on the fixes and changes. But since its an indie game that can't afford multi-million dollar marketing campaigns it got panned in reviews whereas the PC version of BF4 is sitting on an 83 Metacritic despite huge amounts of people still not being able to play period.

The quality of a game is directly proportional to the amount of advertising dollars spent on it.

I'd like to think I'm being sarcastic, but that seriously does sound like a truth in the gaming industry.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Mercury Crusader posted:

The quality of a game is directly proportional to the amount of advertising dollars spent on it.

I'd like to think I'm being sarcastic, but that seriously does sound like a truth in the gaming industry.

Oh gently caress it, I'll give it a shot.

vvv Oh nice, I see a health bar and score. Both good things vvv

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 14, 2013

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Jonny Nox posted:

Oh gently caress it, I'll give it a shot.

There are two screenshots I took of the game on Steam that I think describe Rise of the Triad pretty well.

And then this one. :nws:

I haven't played the multiplayer in a while, but last time I did, this happened:

That dark greenish circular blob in the distance is the map. My torso exploded so hard that it escaped the map.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 14, 2013

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Has FTL been on sale?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Has FTL been on sale?

I haven't seen it.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
9 Left. I... I think I can see the end.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

This certainly has been an interesting exercise in market research. Who would have known that marking a sale "Last Chance" would make it ship....slower!

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Oh boy, Septerra Core is back

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Gog.com - Jack Keane 3: Rise of the Triad

Finally over at least.

^^^^ is it a good game at least?

DiscipleJohn
Jun 26, 2005
Hallelujah!
I can't believe people are buying septerra core in the year of our lord 2013

Frozen to Death
Mar 27, 2010

Anybody know if I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream has gone through last chance? Been trying to grab this for two days but unfortunately I do not have insomnia.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

DiscipleJohn posted:

I can't believe people are buying septerra core in the year of our lord 2013

I'm tempted because I always got the crash bug when I played it as a kid.

Didn't it get some kind of battle speedup patch or am I thinking wrong?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Funkalicious posted:

Anybody know if I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream has gone through last chance? Been trying to grab this for two days but unfortunately I do not have insomnia.

Nope this and ROTT are the only 2 last chancers so far

Frozen to Death
Mar 27, 2010

Cool thanks.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Funkalicious posted:

You can get a steam key for it from here for a buck. http://vodo.net/bigbrother

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

That dark greenish circular blob in the distance is the map. My torso exploded so hard that it escaped the map.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Genpei Turtle posted:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I'm slightly disappointed that this doesn't show up if you adjust your graphics settings to it's lowest point:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Anyone get free SS2?

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Holy poo poo I just got System Shock 2 free. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen to Death
Mar 27, 2010

pvax posted:

You can get a steam key for it from here for a buck. http://vodo.net/bigbrother