Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Call of Juarez Gunslinger and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon are 6.24USD on the daily deal WHY HAVEN'T YOU BOUGHT GUNSLINGER YET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I got my younger brother Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Deus Ex, Human Revolution, Terraria, and both Portal games to introduce him to really good games. A good video game sampler that's not Soldier Front.

His response was "No Garrys Mod?"

I've lost the war.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

I want to play it but my eyes glaze over when I try to junction my GF.

I actually liked FFVIII better when I was younger.

Just use the automatic junctions, or play the game with no GF, if you can handle the feels

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Ddraig posted:

Or Final Fantasy IX which owns bones. It was so nice to have Zidane as a main character, someone who is genuinely nice and isn't the embodiment of angst.

To be fair we hit peak angst in the 90s.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Freak Futanari posted:

Just use the automatic junctions, or play the game with no GF, if you can handle the feels
I can't remember how the game plays without GFs.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

I can't remember how the game plays without GFs.

Yeah, i never take Quistis out of my team, either.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Freak Futanari posted:

Yeah, i never take Quistis out of my team, either.
Quistis/Rinoa/Squall waifu dreamteam forever

That other girl is stupid though.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I'll never forget the time one guy from SA griped about Bastion's controls, replying to the devs' offer to buy him a working controller (out of their own pocket) by being a snide shithead.

Just be happy you don't have autism

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Yodzilla posted:

People are idiots, everyone's opinions are wrong except for my own, Merry Christmas.

Now this is the true Christmas spirit to share with the Steam thread family. Just like any normal gathering!

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Nuramor posted:

So, anyone ever tried the alternate ending for FC4? How do you feel about it?

It feels great and is obviously the canon ending. Who on earth in their right mind would care enough about a country that they'd never even been in before to actively join a revolution and become a murderer? You're solely there because of your mother's last wish, so there's no reason to go dick around after you've been given food and hospitality (seeing people die and get tortured in front of you notwithstanding). The fact that everybody in the game EXCEPT for Pagan Min is a huge rear end in a top hat (he's just a small one) just reinforces it.

Hell, if you let him live in the end if you played the game, he's basically all, "Welp! I'm sorry my running the country didn't work out (poo poo's tougher than it looks), have fun running it into the ground yourself." and just flies off into the sunset. What's that? Don't believe his story at all? Then shoot down his helicopter at the end.Find the wreck and search his corpse; he has an item on him that proves everything he claimed. He doesn't even do the cliched villain thing of trying to kill the hero after getting their guard down from sympathy or anything.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ragequit posted:

Now this is the true Christmas spirit to share with the Steam thread family. Just like any normal gathering!
IRL drunk posting isn't bannable though.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TastyLemonDrops posted:

What's that? Don't believe his story at all? Then shoot down his helicopter at the end.Find the wreck and search his corpse; he has an item on him that proves everything he claimed.
Explain this in more detail? I'm never going to play FC4, it's blood dragon 2 or bust for me, but that is sort of neat sounding.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

IRL drunk posting isn't bannable though.

Sometimes it gets you probated though.

Anyway Merry Christmas steam thread posters & lurkers! (also, huge thanks to Smileyfax for Volt, Purple Flump for Omerta, and Hecatonchires for the SUPER MEGA TURBO edition of Guacamelee. Good goons all.)

AYZ80-*25GX-9BV57

The asterix is the first letter of the word poop.

Y79Z9-Q936R-8M7FR

The 9s are half of what they say minus one.

A5S2P-4VRDS-S7S4D-V7GZ8-QH&&&

&&& is the first word in **** pickle, with only a single L

CMQP8-B00QH-MA96Q

The 0s are 0 x 7. (and then plus 7)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Can you buy a game on steam as a gift then get, say, a keycode from it to post here?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

Can you buy a game on steam as a gift then get, say, a keycode from it to post here?

yeah, you have to email it to yourself if I'm not mistaken.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

Jordan7hm posted:

A5S2P-4VRDS-S7S4D-V7GZ8-QH&&&

&&& is the first word in **** pickle, with only a single L

Grabbed this. Thanks.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

Quistis/Rinoa/Squall waifu dreamteam forever

That other girl is stupid though.

Selphie is really cool, actually.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

TastyLemonDrops posted:

It feels great and is obviously the canon ending. Who on earth in their right mind would care enough about a country that they'd never even been in before to actively join a revolution and become a murderer? You're solely there because of your mother's last wish, so there's no reason to go dick around after you've been given food and hospitality (seeing people die and get tortured in front of you notwithstanding). The fact that everybody in the game EXCEPT for Pagan Min is a huge rear end in a top hat (he's just a small one) just reinforces it.

Hell, if you let him live in the end if you played the game, he's basically all, "Welp! I'm sorry my running the country didn't work out (poo poo's tougher than it looks), have fun running it into the ground yourself." and just flies off into the sunset. What's that? Don't believe his story at all? Then shoot down his helicopter at the end.Find the wreck and search his corpse; he has an item on him that proves everything he claimed. He doesn't even do the cliched villain thing of trying to kill the hero after getting their guard down from sympathy or anything.

Hmm yes, an abusive trigger-happy dictator with a personality cult around himself is totally not a big rear end in a top hat, just a small one.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I liked Selphie a lot. I was excited she was going to be in Kingdom Hearts!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimrock 2 is good right?

E: Farcry 4 is really loving good yo

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Spiderdrake posted:

Explain this in more detail? I'm never going to play FC4, it's blood dragon 2 or bust for me, but that is sort of neat sounding.

So, fairly early in the game, you're accosted while heading to lay your mother's ashes to rest. You get picked up by the ruler of the country and brought to his palace, where he serves you up some delicious food. He leaves to deal with some business, and this is when the game prompts you to go and explore the place, resulting in you playing the game. Alternatively, you can stay in the dining room until he comes back. If you stay until he comes back, he brings you straight to the end of the game via helicopter, where you can bypass all that bullshit to just place your mother's ashes next to someone that Pagan Min claims is the infant child between him and your mother, and that it was your own father who killed this baby. He further claims that your mother is the one who killed your father. Since both your father and mother are now dead, there's really nobody to corroborate this story, so you're left wondering if your mother and the dictator were actually lovers. It certainly would explain why he treats you so courteously, why he's so angry at the soldier he kills at the bus stop (he's actually concerned for your well-being), and why he doesn't pull the getthehero'sguarddownthenshootthemintheback scheme if you play the game to its conclusion.

If you shoot down his helicopter as he's leaving, you can find his corpse later on. You find an engraved pen that reads "For my love, (whatever the MC's mom's name is)"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Jordan7hm posted:

yeah, you have to email it to yourself if I'm not mistaken.

That didn't seem to give me a key, just an offer to log in to steam, which put it back in my inventory. :(

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

fatherboxx posted:

Hmm yes, an abusive trigger-happy dictator with a personality cult around himself is totally not a big rear end in a top hat, just a small one.

I might have exaggerated that point, but literally everybody is an rear end in a top hat in that game, the main character included.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you follow FC4's ending to the shoot everything conclusion You never spread your mother's ashes of see where she sent you to go in the first place

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

FIRST OF YOU DORKS TO QUOTE THIS WITH YOUR STEAM PROFILE PAGE GETS CALL OF JUAREZ: GUNSLINGER

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

FIRST OF YOU DORKS TO QUOTE THIS WITH YOUR STEAM PROFILE PAGE GETS CALL OF JUAREZ: GUNSLINGER

http://steamcommunity.com/id/CreepyJackalopeEye

Thanks for this :)

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Ciaphas posted:

steamcommunity.com/id/Frequent_Fly3r

edit: beaten!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I might have exaggerated that point, but literally everybody is an rear end in a top hat in that game, the main character included.

No kidding, the post-credits scenes with Amita or Sabal, after you get dumped back in the game world, makes them both completely assholes. At least you can shoot them in the face. :v:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Acquire Currency! posted:

If you follow FC4's ending to the shoot everything conclusion You never spread your mother's ashes of see where she sent you to go in the first place

Actually, you can go back and go out the door. There's a shrine with Lackshmana(sp?)'s ashes in it in the palace's back yard.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Enjoy getting murdered by like a hundred goddamn apaches!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Freak Futanari posted:

Please don't imply that my love for FFVIII is ironic.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Actually, you can go back and go out the door. There's a shrine with Lackshmana(sp?)'s ashes in it in the palace's back yard.

Son of a bitch.
Well you wouldn't know what they were if you hadn't checked it out

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I'm streaming Dungeon of the Endless with the Sanitary Pod. Bonus points for randoming the pug on my starting team.

http://www.hitbox.tv/tastylemondrops

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Freak Futanari posted:

Please don't imply that my love for FFVIII is ironic.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Acquire Currency! posted:

Son of a bitch.
Well you wouldn't know what they were if you hadn't checked it out

Yeah, the only reason I found it is because there's a journal there.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Do all EA games like say NFS Hot Pursuit or Burnout Paradise use Origin?

I rather not install that thing.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I see Hero Siege is up for a vote. Despite being janky and unpolished it's one of the funnest, most addictive games I've played in the last few years, especially co-op. It's like a weird mix of tower defense, bullet hell, and RPG. Definitely worth a buy, and the developer updates it fairly regularly.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Riso posted:

Only current releases, like everything post-ME3.

There's really nothing that bad about Origin, even though it comes from that evil empire EA and not the honorable corporation of light Valve.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Riso posted:

"That thing" isn't bad at this point, but no, you don't need it if you have the game through Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Origin is also giving away SimCity 2000 SE for free right now so that's pretty cool.

• Locked thread